Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Friday has been a long day. It started with a water heater poring water all over the basement floor. At 7:00 AM I went to Lowes (hardware chain that’s open when you need them) to get a new heater and all the plumbing parts and pieces I needed to install it. I wore jeans and black thigh boots with a flat heel. I had to get the plumbing clerk to help me find all the stuff so I was in the store for at least half an hour. When I left the store with a 40 gallon water heater, a guy in the parking lot helped me put it in my car. Everybody noticed my boots but no one said a word and I got no negative feelings at all. I installed the heater while still wearing my boots which made the plumbing job a little more enjoyable. When I finished, I put on a pair of 4” stiletto heel boots and drove to work. I changed to my guy shoes for work and had a busy day. After work, I changed back to the 4” heels and went shopping on my way home as I normally do. Tonight must have been the “lets stare at the guy in thigh boots” night. At Biggs, there was a family that included several young guys that had never seen a guy in heeled boots before and they were going to be sure they didn’t miss anything. The whole group just stared at me as I approached, and turned, in unison, as I passed and keep watching me. When I went down an isle the whole group moved so they could see down the isle. This was the first time I actually made an effort to ignore someone. Maybe it was just me, but there were others that seemed to be paying more attention to my boots than I normally get, and giving off negative vibes. If I hadn’t done exactly this same thing so many times before, and gotten neutral to positive reactions, I might have been put off by the experience. At Sams, most folks didn’t pay any attention, and I chatted with the folks in the checkout line. When I was leaving there was an older guy sitting at a table the gave me a rather disapproving stare. Oh well everyone is entitled to an opinion. I was thinking that if I were just starting to wear thigh boots in public, as some of the other members are, tonight might have put me off. My experience tells me that tonight was the exception and that most folks don’t care at all. If you feel you are getting negative feedback, be sure you are presenting a positive image which means you really don’t think you are doing anything out of the ordinary and are comfortable with what you are wearing. If you still get negative feedback, try going to another location but don’t be put off at the first negative reaction. Wearing thigh boots is too much fun for that. Enjoy.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Perhaps I just haven't more attentive when reading the posts here, but to all the folks who wear thigh high boots, do you wear them over your jeans or pants? I'd be most interested in knowing as I think that makes for a very stunning look! :)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

i have over 70 pairs of boots. the majority of them are black leather,thigh high or taller with 3 to 5 inch heels. my favorite pair are crotch high black leather with 4.5 inch spike heels and full sidezip. i do have more "male" orientated boots that i wear,but they are not nearly as much fun to wear. oh,and i always wear then with my pants tucked in...if you didnt you might as well just wear ankle length boots

I was thinking that if I were just starting to wear thigh boots in public, as some of the other members are, tonight might have put me off. My experience tells me that tonight was the exception and that most folks don’t care at all. If you feel you are getting negative feedback, be sure you are presenting a positive image which means you really don’t think you are doing anything out of the ordinary and are comfortable with what you are wearing. If you still get negative feedback, try going to another location but don’t be put off at the first negative reaction. Wearing thigh boots is too much fun for that.

Hi Thighbootguy,

if the first bad comments as beginner on the street had put me off - my highest heels today would be flip-flops :o Sometimes there are days in our life where everything is going wrong. Take it simply as a "black friday" :)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

oh how true micha, how true!! :) I've had plenty of days like that, it all chalks up to experience! just yesterday my older aunt didnt want me to wear my blade heel boots to go out with her (after all she is 84, & most people of her generation hardly accept this concept of men in any kind of heels) but I love her & respect her, so its not really a big deal with me. how does your family handle YOU in heels by the way, if I may be so bold to ask!?

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

Sunday was another fun trip to the museum. The weather was cold and there was snow and ice on the ground. This was the last weekend on a major show at the museum and the place was packed. I had to park on the street over a quarter mile away. I was wearing jeans, dark green turtleneck, leather jacket and thigh boots. I was planning on wearing my black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels but when I had to park that far away, I switched to a pair with 4” heels that has a little tread on the soles. I took the same route I took the last time I had to park that far away which included going up the stone stairway. There was so much ice on the stairs that I knew there was no way to get back down them in heels. Once I got into the museum, there were long lines in the lobby for the show. Since I wasn’t going to the show I just got a folding stool and went on into the gallery. Some folks noticed my boots but most were not paying any attention. I went to the impressionist gallery and sat on the bench in the middle of the gallery and started sketching. When people walk in front of me, and I couldn’t see the painting I was working on, I had time to look at the women’s footware that went by. There was everything from running shoes to several nice pair of boots but all worn under slacks. There was a pair of unzipped ankle boots (tacky) , but there was also a pair of black ridding boots worn outside white slacks. Oh well, back to sketching. While I was there a mother and her two very young daughters went by and the youngest one was looking at the paintings and saying, “ Oh Monet, Renoir”, and she was looking at the right paintings as she said that. My faith in the youth of America was revived. A few minutes later they came back into the gallery and I got up and walked over to the mother and asked, “Excuse me, but how did she know about those artists”? (The mom was flattered by the question even if it did come from a guy in thigh boots). She said they learned about them in kindergarten. I said, ”That’s not what they taught me in kindergarten”. She asked the little girl who else they studied at school? I went down on one knee to here her answer, and she said “Monet, Renoir, Van Gogh”. I pointed to a VanGogh that was behind her that she missed and she ran off to look at it. Her mom said she was just reading the signs though and not actually recognizing the paintings. A little later another mother daughter group came through and the mother was pointing out the same paintings and the daughters were recognizing them. I ask the mom the same question and she said, “Oh we home school and we do four artist a year. We just finished Monet and Renoir”. I told the guard about the conversations and he was just as stunned and delighted as I was. Like I said the place was packed. As I walked from one wing through the main hall to another wing, I got my first wolf whistle. It was either for me or the statue of Venus (that was more deserving), but since she had been there all day and I just walked in, I figured it was for me. I didn’t break stride or acknowledge the sound in any way. As I left the main hall, I heard it again. I just kept going. For the most part, I just got nice smiles from folks or ignored. I was sitting on the stool in the European portrait gallery when a family gathered around. The little boy said he wanted to be an artist. His mom told him not to bother me but I said it was ok and asked him if he drew. We talked for several minutes. As I left the museum, I remembered the ice covered steps and started off the long way back to my car. The long way is about half a mile so I had a nice walk on the sidewalks of Eden park. Lots of cars want by but only a city bus driver really stared. I was glad I had not worn the 5” heels with slick soles. Another great day.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

well thighbootguy, it looks like you have a great place to show off your boots!! :oops: I don't really mind those wolf-calls as you "call" them- pun very much intended!! :D to me its a lot better than very stupid things that people yell out of car windows mostly teens, but adults who never got out of that age too!! :x it is flattering to hear wolf calls or wistles (@ least to ME it is) :o now when I hear "faggot!" yelled @ me I could care less, because all they are saying to me is what I know about myself anyways (that I'm gay) :) so I pay NO attention whatsoever to ANY stupid remarks (disapproving or confused looks I just pretend like they do not exist, I have better things to think about during the daylight hours) I'd love to see a pic of you IN your thigh boots, if you could send in here or to me. here is my address: bradleyboots2001@yahoo.com oh & by the way my late Dad was a sign painter- artist & loved to make scetches of stuff too. keep up the good work your doing thighbootguy!! :D

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

oh how true micha, how true!! :o I've had plenty of days like that, it all chalks up to experience! just yesterday my older aunt didnt want me to wear my blade heel boots to go out with her (after all she is 84, & most people of her generation hardly accept this concept of men in any kind of heels) but I love her & respect her, so its not really a big deal with me. how does your family handle YOU in heels by the way, if I may be so bold to ask!?

Hi Tuckedintoboots,

I believe that I've already written a contribution about the issue "family outing". But I can't find it anymore :oops: Or was it in the german forum?

I you are interested I'll write about it once again.

nice greetings

micha

PS

I have just won an auction on tight white 505 Levi's. About 5 Euros - not bad! He,he .... seems that I'm planning my first public performance on white thigh high boots with typical german thoroughness :)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Thighbootguy: I am most impressed with your exploits in your boots of choice. Your sense of style sounds delightful and the way you handle yourself in public is absolutely remarkable. Keep up the great work. Look forward to reading more of your adventures!

Thighbootguy, keep the stories comming! These storys are the ones which drew me over the line to go public for the first time. Thankx for sharing :)

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

I also enjoy reading thighboot's posts. Over the past few months, I guess thighbootguy has written about his trips to the art museum five or six times. I would think he's made enough visits to that building to become well known by guards, guides and others that work there full time that he's no longer a curiousity. I must award him a "10" in the courage department for having the boldness to, not only wear his thighboots in public, but to wear them totally exposed, visable for all the world to see. To my mind, the only thing that would make his narrations more interesting would be to recount the time that he meets a woman wearing identical thighboots and they go for coffee in the museum's cafeteria and discuss the finer points of shoes, boots, thighboots and high heels as well as artists, paintings and painting techinques. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I was out shopping last night in the snow and made lots of pointy footprints that have little dots behind them. This was the first time I had ever noticed my high heel footprint in the snow.

- Bubba136

The day I have an encounter like you described … (words just failed me). I can only dream about something like that. Thanks for planting the great thought.

I went to Joseph Beth Booksellers in Cincinnati last night. This is a great bookstore with a super staff. I wore my black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. These boots really present a different image than the 4” pull on boots. The 5” heeled boots are also have a taller shaft then the 4” so they really say THIGH BOOTS. I was looking for a real propeller head, geek book in the computer book section. Joseph Beth has a bench in front of each book rack in that section so you can sit down and read for a while. None of the other customers seemed to care that there was a guy sitting there wearing thigh boots. I was there for at least 15 minutes looking through books. By the way, the 5” heel made it easy to get books off of the top shelf in the rack :) . After I found my book (one of those technology by the pound, tour de force manuals), I wandered through the store just because it is a neat place. The whole time I only noticed one glance at my boots and a smile.

I have been wearing a pair of 4” stiletto heel thigh boots for the past couple of weeks but the other day I got out a 5” pair and started wearing them. What a difference that inch makes. The 5” boots are a different style. They have an ankle zipper and are taller than the 4” boots. The 5” boots also fits tighter so they stay up to their full height as I walk. They really look great (my opinion) :) . I went shopping at Bigg’s and Sams tonight wearing 5” stiletto black thigh boots, jeans, black turtleneck, and a leather jacket. The boots felt great and I walked through the stores with a nice stride. I had forgotten how different the 5” heel was. On one batted an eye in either store. That’s not to say that no one noticed (several did) but no positive or negative reactions. (I even found the longest checkout line in both stores). After I finished in those stores I went to a Radio Shack in a different part of town that doesn’t “feel quite as comfortable” to me. The store had 6-8 young male customers and I walked in wearing thigh boots. Everyone went on about their business. I found the adapter I needed and went up to the counter. I’m sure I heard, “boots” somewhere in the background conversations, but again there was no reaction. Folks noticed and went right on. I really hope that the guys (or gals) that are trying wearing thigh boots in public have the positive (or at least neutral) acceptance I seem to be getting. I still think it’s a head game. If you don’t think/act like something is wrong, most folks will go along. Enjoy

Thighbootguy:-) Thanks for sharing a couple more of your thigh boot adventures with us all. I think you are right---if you show that there is nothing wrong with what you are wearing, most people will go along with you on it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

Although I just joined this forum, I'd been watching this thread for several months before. I have to say that it inspired me to wear thighboots in public, which I do without a second thought as they are of the low heel variety. I'm looking for a mid height spike pair now that will be good for more outings. I don't think the world where I live will be quite ready for my Ellie 511-Ally's (see my avatar), but I'll bring them up slowly so as not to totally shock people in my area.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I really hope that the guys (or gals) that are trying wearing thigh boots in public have the positive (or at least neutral) acceptance I seem to be getting. I still think it’s a head game. If you don’t think/act like something is wrong, most folks will go along.

Enjoy

Well said! I'm of the opinion that your statement holds true for ANY sort of female footwear you choose to wear in public, be they boots, pumps, sandals, whatever. As long as you act like it's no big deal, people around you will act the same.

Shafted -

As usual Dawh HH has good advice.

My first outing was in a pair 5” stiletto crotch boots. It was a real rush, but I have had to start over with boots that make less of a statement to discover how much fun wearing thigh boots can be.

I would recommend either a pair of Ellies 8868 or 8890. Both are 4” stilettos with no zipper (pull on) and very easy to walk in. I have a pair of each.

The 8868 is pig leather which is a little stiffer than the 8890 which is cow leather. That means the 8868 will stay up on your leg. My 8890’ tend to ride down my leg and I have to pull them back up more often (but that is part of wearing thigh boots). The 8890’s however, are more comfortable and better looking . You can find either pair on the web at a good price.

I’ve said before this is a head game. In my head there is a big difference in wearing thigh boots with a 4” stiletto and a 5” stiletto. For me the 4” heeled boot is about wearing thigh boots but the 5” heeled boot is about wearing heels.

If people are used to seeing you in flat heeled thigh boots, they may not notice the 4” heeled boots (no kidding). That might be a good thing but it can be kind of deflating.

Enjoy wearing your boots.

JeffB -

Thanks for the reinforcement. Avoid complacency however, There is always someone who might take offence.

Thighbootguy, Funny you should mention these models, as I have beenlooking at these myself. Thanks for the advice!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hi, thighbootguy! Those links to those thigh boot styles were quite enticing. It's hard to decide which one I like best, but the 8868 intrigued me most. And both are quite affordable. Even better, both come in my size! Quite cool indeed! Oh, and you're quite right, once you reach five inches, you're definitely wearing footwear exclusively for the heels! :P

A few nights ago I attended a business related, but not business dinner at a fancy resterant, MMMMM Escargot! Attended dressed in black Levis 505's, Blue Stafford button down shirt and black leather blazer which was a near perfect match with my thigh high low heel boots. Well walked into the resterant and joined the group. Later on in the evening one of the ladies commented on my leather blazer, saying she had one just like it, and was glad she had decided not to wear it (something I have witnessed happen many time between women, but never a man and a woman) I responded that they went very well with my boots, to which she immediatly commanded me get get up and show them to her. She was seated at the table directly acroos from me. When she saw them her response was "I love them! Where did you get them? What size are they?". Now nearly everybody that was seated at the table are people I work with and have seen me wear these boots at work. And I very nonchallantly said "allhighheelshoes.com and size women-11" Well this took one guy I work with completely by surprise for although he had seen them many times, he had no idea the were women boots. I could see his gears spinning, and out cam a warmhearted but smartalec response (not worth repeating). When all of a sudden all the ladies at the table immediatlely defended my choice of footwear, which completely left him at a total loss of words. It was priceless! On the way out of the resterant at the end of the evening that lady asked me if she could touch my boots This was definite approval. I wonder what would have happened if they had stilleto heels? I intend to find out, but slowly.

On the way out of the resterant at the end of the evening that lady asked me if she could touch my boots

Shafted ,

What a great time! Thats awsome! With all the styles I wear I have never tried boots like that (don't know if I could) , My hats off to you.

Like your experiance with the touching , I too have had this , it seems some woman love to touch the shoes? I don't know what it's all about but hey it good with me :P

Call me crazy, but I couldn't resist the temptation, so I ordered these boots from How Cool:

Posted Image

At only $63.00 before shipping, the price was certainly right. Even though I have no idea where I would wear these boots, I just decided I had to have a pair. I'll figure out the logistics after I get my hands on 'em!