Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Looks like I'm in the direct path for Charlie.. (Ft Myers, about 100 miles south of tampa). It might be better if we got a direct hit but getting the north/east side of the storm we expect to have 12 feet of storm surge. Most of the area here is -not- that high above sea level. it's 7:20 AM local time. It was breezy when I went to bed, it is now calm and quiet. I don't expect that to last. I'll say hi again later if the power/internet stays around, if not I'll say hi when it comes back. Have a great one Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

It's 08:37 (EDT) here. Rain guage on the back deck registers 2" over night from Bonnie. Local weather radar shows thundershowers moving northwards up the coast from Savannah, about 26 miles from us. Storm warning in effect up and down the coast. While "authorities" are watching the situation carefully, no decision has been announced as to when or if we will be required to evacuate. Everything is ready so we've decided not to wait and to take the motor home and head for Athens, GA and visit my youngest daughter until the storm passes. Probably won't be the last time we'll have to take a hastily prepared "trip" before the end of hurricane season.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Friends, the evacuation order is out.

If you're in Florida or low-lying coastal waters (within 1/2 mile of seashore or less than 30' above seal level) take heed!!!

http://www.weatherunderground.com/severe.asp

Do not wait, my friends. Find your county in the link I provided, and heed the warnings therein.

I want to see you heeling, not swimming and drowning.

Back on topic...

Even though I planned not to buy anything else but streetheels, I could not resist and just placed an order for a nice pair of 4" thigh highs thanks to this thread :D

Posted Image

I do plan on wearing them in public, but under my pants.

4" heels should be nice for real use. It's very hard to get them in that height, though! Usually 4.5" is the lowest.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Bert:-) That is a great pair of thigh boots that you ordered. You say that you plan to street-heel in them? That's great also. Let us in on all the particulars on the boots and also let us know how they work out for you in their use on the street. Good luck and enjoy them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I wore my guy shoes to take my stuff out to the car. I learned the last time that playing pack mule in 5” heels was no fun. On the way back to the room I went ahead and had breakfast.

Today was to be the day I drove home and got to stop on the way. Well, I wound up working in my hotel room until 11:00 (ah, the miracles of modern telecommunications, internet access in the room let me get to work). I still had an 9 hour drive in front of me so the late start limited (to zero) the number of stops I was going to be able to make.

In the car I changed into my 4” heeled boots and went to the gas station. After driving for a couple of hours I stopped at an expressway rest stop and went to the rest room. It wasn’t too busy (the guy standing next to me seemed to be having a hard time, but that happens). I went out to the lobby to look at the wall map and noticed at least one hard stare from a guy. I ignored it and went on out to my car.

Several hours later I stopped at an expressway service plaza (I-70) and had lunch at a Burger King. This was a very busy place. I got a couple of looks but no comments. I had to take my food back because they got my order wrong so I got to walk around a good bit. On the way back to the car, I think I amused a car full of male teenagers. Their windows were closed so I couldnt hear them but I assumed someone made a comment that everyone thought was funny. I also refilled the gas tank, then drove for another 6 hours. My 4” heel boots are really comfortable (not the same pair I wore on the last drive home).

All in all it has been a fun trip.

Note to everyone:

I got out of the way of the storm in plenty of time but the drive home was much wetter then the drive out. I really appreciate the concerns. Also, thanks again for the invitations.

Bert:

What a great looking pair of boots! Where did you get them?

Wear then however you are comfortable. I’m sure that after a while you will try wearing them outside your pant legs and discover that nobody cares that much. But as always, use caution and pick your places carefully.

Enjoy.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

you'll find that you will feel better about your self when you wear your thigh boots OVER the legs as intended!! :) I find that I dont have to ask or seek approval from the "public" anyways- its no ones concern, & if they they TRY to make it so then they do'nt have what you would call a LIFE!! :D you have a right to feel PROUD of your self in your boots!! (I know I do) your, Brad

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

Bert:What a great looking pair of boots! Where did you get them?

Wear then however you are comfortable. I’m sure that after a while you will try wearing them outside your pant legs and discover that nobody cares that much. But as always, use caution and pick your places carefully. Enjoy.

I might really do that. I travel a great deal for my job so in the less conservative of places I think I could give it a try.

I ordered them from a small German company called "high heel palace". I've never dealt with them before, but I'll let you know my experiences when they arrive.

What's all the fuss about?

I've always found that Scotland was a very good place to wear heels because the people are some of the most polite and educated of any country. However, I have only been there as a tourist so it's somewhat different I suppose.

I, too, but I found the same thing. Was many years ago, long before I began wearing heels... Nevertheless, definately a most polite, educated and welcoming people.

• 4 weeks later...

I have gone to the Cincinnati Art museum Saturday and Sunday and worn a pair of 4” stiletto heel thigh boots both times. Going to a museum is something I really enjoy. I take a sketch book and get lost in a painting trying to copy parts of it with a sketch. I know, whatever turns you on, but it really helps me keep going (great stress reliever). The fact that I can wear my boots in the museum just makes the afternoon a total high. Most of the patrons just notice and keep on going. There was a different crew of museum guards (the are police) this weekend than I knew from prior visits. They took a guy with a sketch pad and thigh boots in stride :D (sorry) and they were most helpful when I asked questions. As I was leaving Sunday, one of the younger guards (male) called after me, “Sir, Sir we are closing in 10 minutes. I really like you shoes”. I thanked him. It was a great ending to a fun day. If you go to a museum, be sure you are comfortable in the heels you wear because you are going to be on your feet for several hours.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I, too, but I found the same thing. Was many years ago, long before I began wearing heels... Nevertheless, definately a most polite, educated and welcoming people.

That's because all the rude, ignorant and hostile ones all live in London! :D

(Though not all Scots that live in London are like this obviously!)

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 1 month later...

This is a little off my usual subject but… I went shopping last night and wore a pair of stretch fabric ankle boots with a longish square toe and a 4.5” blade heel. I wore them under blue jeans and only the toe and lower heel were readily visible. More people seemed to notice these boots (or at least give the reaction of having noticed) than when I wear my thigh boots outside my jeans. I was quite surprised. There were no bad reactions but several more stares at my feet. Go figure.

Yea, something that just subtly seems wrong can often get someone more curious then something glaring.. kinda hard not to notice thigh boots on a guy.. so they don't pay attention.. but the sounds of heels from a guy who doesnt seem to be wearing anything unusual at first will get some harder looks. I found the same thing with my wedge heeled sneakers.. just a few people trying hard to see what it is they thought they saw. No-one said anything, just looked a little confused. Jim

I spent another great afternoon at the Cincinnati Art Museum. I was wearing my black thighs with 5” stilettos. I spent 3 hours sketching and learning how to draw all over again. I had been away from drawing for a long while I’m really enjoying getting back into the swing of it. For me, sketching is a real release of the creative side. I work my tail off when I’m sketching as most people would with any hobby they really enjoy. As usual at the museum, no one batted an eye at a guy in thigh boots. As I have said before, I really try to pick where I wear my boots with care. The last thing I want is a scene. It really is great to go somewhere, wearing my boots, and not have to worry about anything (except making a decent sketch).

Tonight a friend of mine took a tumble and I had to take him to a hospital emergence room for some stitches. (He is doing just fine). I was wearing a pair of black thigh boots but with a flat heel. I wear these boots with the same confidence that I wear a pair of shoes. I don’t think twice about where I’m going or who is there. (I’m much more cautious with 5” stilettos). I spent time in the waiting room and back in the emergency room with the doctors and nurses. There were one or two second glances in the waiting room, but that was all. While my friend was getting an x-ray, the nurses offered advice on how to get a bad blood stain out of my jeans (my friend’s blood)[soak them in cold salt water]. The nurses and I talked for a few minutes (it wasn’t busy) but no one said a word or gave a second glance at my boots. I also don’t think anything is going to surprise as E/R staff.

Yea, worst you might get is a lecture about possible ankle injuries if you came in wearing your 5.5" boots.. Although even with the flat boots you probably gave them something to talk about. Jim

I think you'll find that they've seen more than that!

Ditto. One of my wife's life-long friends used to be an ER nurse, and years ago before we moved away from the area, she used to regale us with all kinds of stories. Her husband was a former Air Force cop, and he'd usually add to the banter.

Kept us in stitches half the evening.

I do believe, Thighhighbootbuy, that you'll not shock anyone in an art museum! While dating my wife, I'd sometimes drop in on her art classes, where I often mused at how outrageous the clothes were that her fellow students wore. Not all of them, probably not even most of them, but certainly a third of them wore clothes none of the rest of those of us on campus would be caught dead wearing.

You know, like a man wearing a pair of heels...

My! Times have changed!

Hi Thighbootguy,

I strolled today again into this forum and saw by accident your thread. My first thought was: Why is this thread so long?

Then I began to read and was fascinated of your thigh-high-boots diary. No question, I'd to read it completely! A guy in Ohio on the other side of the world, who has the same passion and the same fear and courage as me :wink:

May be, you are more engaged in thigh high boots and me more in high heels, but what makes a difference? Your SAM remembers me to the supermarket in my neighbourhood (Frankfurt/Germany). The employees have meanwhile accustomed to this crazy blond guy wearing high heeled women boots (thats me :D)

Here a pic of my Jean-Gaborit (over)knee boots with self-modified heels

Posted Image

Sometimes I can't resist to wear them in public plain over jeans, like you! :-?

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Micha; What a great looking pair of boots. I wish I had a pair with that kind of heel. I’d be wearing them everywhere like I do my flat heeled boots. It’s the stiletto heels that make me exercise so much caution. Tell us a little more about the “self modified heels”.

Hi Dawn and Thigh Boot Guy,

I already wrote a description last year. Look at this thread

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=1192

By the way: my selfmade heels are intact until today (*proud*)

micha

PS: Not proud of my poor diction! May be that I had drunken too much of this fantastic Riesling wine from the Mosel area!

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I was shopping at Sam’s tonight on my way home from work. I was wearing black thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels, slacks, black turtle neck and a tan suede jacket. A young girl (12 - 13), who had wandered away from her mom, looked at me and asked, “You in duh army”? I said I wasn’t and she continued, “Then what are you wearing dem big black boots for”? I was speechless for a few moments and then replied, “Because I like them”. That seemed to satisfy her and I wheeled my cart away. Being in the army was the last thing I thought I would ever be accused of because I was wearing thigh boots. I also try to avoid chatting with young children if their parents are not directly with them. The last thing I want to deal with is an upset parent.

such is the imagination of a child!! :-? or as its been known: "out the mouths of babes" type of thing!! it's quite clear that the kid doesnt seem to know what real army boots should LOOK like exept that @ one point in time they WERE like army boots (minus the high heels) in the earlier centuries (17th-19th I mean) since they WERE thigh high for the post part!!

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

I am new to the site and thought I would post a recent experience I had wearing high heeled boots out in public. I have become bolder in wearing my heels around, but still get very nervous in busy areas. The other day I actually had a tall girl (about 25 or so in age) come up to me in a store and ask me where I got my boots. I was wearing some black boots with 1/2 platform and 4 inch heel. I told her I had actually believe or not bought them at Payless. She said they looked great on me and asked me what size I wear and I told her 13s, but these were a 12W but felt larger in size. She smiled and then asked if if I wouldn't mind if she tried them on. I couldn't believe it and started pulling down the zippers and taking my boots off right there in the store. She took her shoes off which were loafer high heels and took my boots and put them on and pulled the zippers up and rolled her jeans back down. She said they fit great and she walked around in my high heel boots. I have never has this happen before. She asked me if I liked her shoes and I told her yes, which she asked if I wanted to try them on. I happily said yes, and I did and they actually fit really good. She said that she had them for a while and they should be really broken in and should fit me. Then she asked if I wanted to trade my boots for her high heel shoes. I said OK, (I have another pair of the same boots at home). To make the story short, we also traded numbers and agrees to meet up to compare and swap more high heels and boots. She couldn't believe that she has found a guy into heels and wears her size, I said dito for me.