Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I can understand your comment about being ignored thightbootguy. It sometime feels like your just going to burst if someone doesn't comment, any comment.

dalecep,

Please send a photo of yourself modeling those new custom made boots for us.

I'm still trying to get the nerve up to go out in my 3 1/2" block heel boots under long pants (again). I'm not sure I'd like anyone to comment though. Just ignore me please.

JeffB:-) I think that you have something there. Thighbootguy:-) Part of the fun for the rest of us is in the reading. Dalecep:-) That shop keeper is doing all that she can to make you comfortable and feel at home. She is on your side, definately. She also knows that by treating you right she will make a sale once in a while. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thighbootguy, you continue to amaze me with your exploits. Wow! White boots! I'm absolutely blown away by what you do and wear. I'm sure you made for quite a stunning sight in your outfit. I'm trying to picture it in my mind, but I fear my imagination isn't quite up to the job! And yeah, I can grasp your comment about choosing your venues and avoiding complacency. Anyhoo, keep on keepin' on!

:P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Nice Ruud, Serious instep you have there. You either have a small foot or those heels are really high.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Ruud:-) It's nice hearing from you again after a while. Your pic came through with flying colors and your boots show up very nicely. Thanks for posting that pic again. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Shafted,

Your right on both accounts! They are 6" heels on a size 7uk.

This pic was taken by Balletboot2000 and posted in here a few months ago then it was removed so I never had a copy of it. Then searching through the YAHOO groups i came across "meninheels" group so i decided to have a quick look and low and behold there I was in full glory!!

So I now have this on my pc for ever :P

Laters

Ruud

It might be on your pc for ever, but it isn't here now :-(

Emma

Something is amiss here because Ruud's entries now say guest.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Maybe this should go on the shoe modification forum, but since it deals with my thigh boots I’ll put it here. I have a pair of Tony style U boots. These are the crotch high boots with 5” stiletto heels. I haven’t been wearing them too much because they run a little small and not a comfortable as my other boots. Another problem is that the top of the boots from the knee up flares out too much and I never liked the look or the feel. I decided to see if I could fix the problem so I folded the leather inward in the shape of a V from the knee to the top of the boots and ran a seam that holds the leather inside the boot. The result is a pair of boots that are straight from the knee to the top and fit my legs like gloves. The seam is almost invisible and the boots look and feel great. They fit closely enough that I will almost have to wear hose to wear them comfortable. I also have a pair of Pleasers 8890 pull on boots that always slide down my legs. So… I turned the shaft inside out and ran a seam from just above the ankle to just below the knee and this tightened the shaft so it won’t fall down my leg. I haven’t had a chance to wear either pair out and about yet since the temperature is hitting 90F (32C).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thighbootguy:-) Your modifications on both pairs of boots sound like you may have solved your problems. You will know for sure when you wear them outside the next time. Let us know if they work out as others may be having the same problems and this may help them solve their problems also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I took a shower and changed into my red and black thigh high chap boots and clothes before supper. After supper I was going to see my hair stylist. I walked in the livingroom with my meal and sat on the couch. About a minute later my wife asks me " youre going to drive the truck with those?" I asked her if I could use the car instead, she said go ahead. She did say though it needs gas and as long as your there pick me up some sigs. After hearing this I felt a littlot e different taking the car, but I just said to myself lets go for it. I got to my appointment early figureing that a few people would be there which will start to build my confidance. Well my hair stylist's husband was there and a client of hers. As I sit I felt very comfortable as I sit longer. her husband then took off and when the other lady was finished she walked past me to get her checkbook, it's like she never even noticed or just did'nt really care. It was my turn to go in the chair I dont know if she noticed this time, she said she had a hectic day. We had our usuall conversations and after I paid her I told her my wife was concerned if I could drive my truck ok. Then she lit up and said I forgot all about it. She said pull up your pantleg, she asked are they comfortable. She said some us women have these things never wear them. She said if you really like wearing them then wear them. We both agreed that you only go around once in this life.We chatted a little bit longer and then headed out to my next scarry mission the gas station. I got there and 2 other vehichles there. Well I said here I go again, I got of the car and starting pumping gas. When finished I walked to the station to pay. I was so bothered by the noise of the heels. I then made my mind up to just walk and worry about the noise. I paid the attendant and started to walk out in the same mindset keep walking and ignore the heels. Wether they heard it or seen I didn't care " I have one life to live. I will get some pictures of these boots trust me. Thanks for listening I'll be back shortly. Thanks for all of your great ideas and support.

Great isn't it dalecep? I've found hair salons a great place to try out heels.

Well I have finally made it out of town on a business trip. This time the goal is to go as many places as I can while wearing my boots. The business part is off limits but the rest of the time I plan on wearing a pair. I have brought several pair with me. I’m in Reston Va. Again. On the way here I stopped by to visit with DawnHH and his wife. I stopped by his place of work and since he dosen’t mix heels and work, I wore a pair of flat heel thigh boots. What do three high heel fans talk about when they meet? Model trains of course. If you hadn’t figured it out from their posts, these are great folks and I want to thank them for spending some time with me, and happy anniversary! When I was driving I wore my black Pleaser’s 8890 pull on thigh boots with 3” stiletto heels that I did the shaft modification on. They felt and looked great and they stayed up. I stopped at a couple of rest stops and just walked in as if I was wearing regular guy shoes. Some noticed, most just went on about their business. When I got to the hotel, I walked in the lobby to register and the guy at the desk dropped his chin almost down to the counter top. He didn’t say a word. He welcomed me to the hotel and hopped I would enjoy my stay. I wore the same pair out to dinner at a Longhorn Steakhouse. (It was late and that all I could find in the rain and dark). When my waitress finally saw my boots she was speechless. She said she had never seen a pair like them before. I wasn’t up to going into an explanation of the fun of wearing thigh boots so I just let it pass. Anyway this looks like it is going to be a fun week. I’ll keep you posted. Dalecep – Sounds like you has fun again. Soon you can wear them over your pants. Like you said, ” you only go around once in this life”.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thighbootguy:-) Mickey and I really had a great time this afternoon visiting with you at the Science Center. I hope that you enjoyed my historic tour of the railroad. We must get together sometime in the near future so we can spend more time together and do some heely chatting and maybe a small fashion show of our footwear. You looked very stylish wearing your flat heeled thighboots. Your company really added a new demention to our anniversary and we both were glad that you could stop by and spend a bit of time with us. It is so nice to finally be able to put a face to a name. Thank you for the glowing compliment. It is very much appreciated by us both. Cheers--- Mickey68 Dawn HH

I wore my work clothes (dress shirt,slacks) with my black pull on thigh boots with 4" stiletto heels to breakfast at the hotel. One lady guest was checking out of the hotel and gave me a troubled look and another guy at breakfast looked at my boots and smiled. Other than that nothing. Oh well off to work. I'll change into my shoes when I get there.

Last night I went to a busy Italian restaurant for dinner. I was wearing dark green slacks, a black silk blouse, and black pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. After parking I had to walk (ran actually) to the restaurant in a light rain and no one reacted to my boots at all. When I went in, the hostess seated me at a table and I had a good dinner. Several dinners noticed my boots but gave no reaction.

After eating, when I was leaving, I stopped and asked the hostess how late they were opened and still got no reaction at all.

I then walked the length of the parking lot to a large bookstore and spent some time wandering around (it had started raining again). When the rain let up I walked back to my car without notice.

I failed to mention on the trip here, I stopped at a McDonalds on an expressway plaza and went in for a snack. I was wearing the same pair of black thigh boots. The service was very slow so I wound up standing in line for a long time (and somehow I wound up in the slowest line). I then went to a table and ate. No reaction from anyone.

One amenity the hotel has that I don’t have at home is a convenient full length mirror. It’s placed so I see myself getting out of the shower (I have to cut back on the Italian restaurant meals). Anyway, it lets me see myself as others do (at least visibly, who knows what they think).

Today, I am wearing dark blue jeans (ladies jeans so the waist is a little higher than men’s jeans), long sleeved light blue dress shirt and my royal blue thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels Posted Image like these.The boots and the jeans blend very well so the first thing you notice is the heel.

At breakfast in the hotel, some folks bid me good morning, including the folks at the front desk, but most just went about their business. No one said a word or gave a second look.

Another thing I am doing a little differently is that most of the time I have a pair of boots in the car so I can switch from my shoes. Now I have my shoes in the car so I can switch from my boots for work.

After work I went back to my car and pulled on my royal blue thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I was also wearing a long sleeved dress shirt, and dark blue jeans. I think the combination really looks good. Anyway I wanted to go to dinner so I went to an upscale outdoor shopping district in Herndon Va. I parked in a city parking garage and started walking to the shopping district which was several blocks away. The sun was still high in the sky and there was lots of bright daylight. I really was a little nervous because I had never been to this area before and at the first twinge of concern, I was ready to be out of there. I walked into a Uno (Chicago based chain) restaurant and the hostess seated me with light conversation about looking forward to the weekend. I ordered and had a good meal. I was sitting in a two person booth and my boots were clearly visible to all who walked by but only one person even glanced. At the end of the meal I asked my waiter if my footwear would be a problem. He said this was a very multi cultural center and there shouldn’t be any problem. I thanked him and left a good tip. I walked out onto the main street and saw a crowd in front of a movie theater and since it was hot, and I hadn’t been to a movie for a LONG time, I decided to go in. The only comment I got all night was from a lady in front of me in the line. “Nice shoes”. I thanked her. I walked through the theater lobby and took the escalator to the second floor and went in, found a seat and watched the show (War of the Worlds). After the show I took the escalator back down and out of the theater then walked the rest of the way around the block through several crowds of people. No one batted an eye or paid any attention at all. I thought I had pushed my luck far enough and walked back to my car on the garage and drove back to the hotel. At the hotel, I went into the lobby and asked how I should get to the National Gallery in Washington D.C. Both clerks recommended against driving and suggested I take the hotel shuttle to the airport then get a bus into D.C. I asked if my choice in footwear would be a problem and backed up to be sure they could really see what I was wearing. I said I was concerned about others reactions but he said he didn’t think there would be any problem. I may take a pair of shoes with me just in case. So far this has been a great trip.

Sounds like things are going great, the look with the blue boots must be quite interesting :P We might have to chip in to get you a camera at some point. I recently drove to Savanah GA (9 hours up, 11 hours back) while wearing a pair of 4" heel boots and jeans. I did remove my boots when I got up there since I was staying with the customer, and did not want to cause an issue. I made several stops heading up/back and didnt have a single problem. I was glad to see the brown suede had no problems with a bit of rain I encountered on the way back. Next step is to wear my thigh boots for that sort of trip.. But since it's boiling hot out as it is, I'll wait till winter. Trying to figure out a pair of heels I can wear with shorts at this point. Seeya Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Thighbootguy:-) Mickey and I have been following your adventures since leaving the Science Center. It appears that you are mixing work and pleasure, meaning wearing your thighboots everywhere, without any adverse reactions from the public. Congrats to you. Here's hoping the rest of your trip is as productive for you as the first part has been. Cheers--- Mickey68 Dawn HH

Sounds like another great trip thighbootguy, I myself plan on purchasing a pair of the 8868's soon for fall when it's a bit cooler. I think I would die in thighboots now with the way the weather has been.

Sounds like another great trip thighbootguy, I myself plan on purchasing a pair of the 8868's soon for fall when it's a bit cooler. I think I would die in thighboots now with the way the weather has been.

By all means, invest in the 8868's! I have a pair myself and they're absolutely great! Looks great with a pair of tight jeans! I too plan to wear them once the weather cools down!

:P

This morning I wore my Tony U black crotch high boots with a 5” stiletto heel down to breakfast at the hotel. I wore them over jeans with a pull over short sleeved shirt. The proportions of the outfit are a little off. I really think the boots are too tall (I don’t believe I wrote that) in proportion to my belt waist line. Anyway I got big smiles from the front desk folks and no reaction at all from the other guest.

I did get the strangest question from one of the Hispanic workers. She asked me if I was going to be George Washington in the parade. She said I looked like him. It had to be the grey pony tail and the tall boots plus the heels put me at 6’5” but I don’t think she meant that George wore heels. I thanked her for the thought anyway.

The Tony boots were not comfortable enough to go very far in so I switched to a pair of pull on thigh boots with 4” heels. These are much easier to change out of and into in the car.

Work was exhausting and I am tired. Now I’m looking around for a place to eat tonight. The temperature is very warm so I won’t be spending too much time outside. I’ll post again when I get back.

JimC

Some day I’ll have to get a digital camera, but until then that’s what you have an imagination for. Thigh boots in an air conditioned car aren’t too bad if you don’t have to spend too much time out in the heat.

DawnHH -

Mickey68 - I really am having fun. Work is over and I hope to get in some sight seeing.

Shafted

JeffB – Consider a pair of Pleaser 8890’s. They are cow leather and more comfortable especially with an insole. This is the pair that I ran a seam up the back of the shaft to tighten them a bit.

For dinner I wore a mid arm length cream blouse, dark green slacks and black thigh pull on boots with 4” stiletto heels.

First, I went to Nordstorm’s Rack (their discount store) and after walking through the shoe department, bought a pair of hose. No one batted an eye.

Next I went to a large shopping mall (4 major stores) and just walked the length on the flower level and back on the upper level. I stopped in the Payless but saw nothing of interest. I was walking for at least 45 minutes and only 2-4 people even noticed my boots (at least that’s all I saw). One, however was a very cute girl who did a quick double take and her eyes got very large. I got a smile.

After I left the mall, I went to the Uno’s in the shopping center and had dinner. The host and one waitress saw my boots but until I got up to leave no one else did. I had a quite dinner, paid and left.

When I got back to the hotel, I changed into the hose, and a very short pair of shorts (1” inseam) and pulled on the Tony crotch boots. I had on the same cream blouse but wore it not tucked into the shorts so it came down past my waist (too many restaurant meals). The proportion looked better with the tall boots.

I went out to get gas for the car at a nearby station. I don’t think anyone even saw me. It is still too warm to be outside wearing boots so I came back to the hotel. I think this outfit is a little too much for me.

Not being a party person and being really tired, I think I’ll call it an evening.

Thanks for the recommendation thighbootguy. I think I'll research the 8890's as well. Seeing as you have worn both, which one has the most supple leather? I find that soft supple materials appeal to me in a thighboot.

Thighbootguy, the more I read your exploits, the more impressed I am with you and how you go where you will in your boots. Most impressive! And thanks for the recommendation! I'll check out the Pleaser boots you mentioned. :P

JeffB

Shafted

The Pleaser 8890s

Posted Image

are cow leather pull on boots with an elastic lace in the back above the knee and 4” stiletto heels. In my size 14, the shaft was a little too large to say up so I ran a seam down the inside of the back to tighten them up. The leather strap behind the knee is a useless decoration. With an insole, these are the most comfortable boots I own. Since the I tightened the shaft, these are my favorite out and about boots. They don’t scream HIGH HEELS like the 5” boots do. Most people really don’t notice that I’m wearing heels.

The Ellie 8868s

Posted Image

are pig leather pull on boots with a 4” stiletto heel. The pig leather is a little stiffer than the cow leather which means the boots will stay up a little better. With an insole, these are also good boots to walk in.

The Ellie 8899s

Posted Image

are pig leather boots with an ankle zipper, a lace tie in the back above the knee and 5” stiletto heels. If you can wear a 5” heel, these boots, with an insole, are more comfortable than the 8869s. The shaft of these boots is tighter so there is no problem with them staying up. I have a pair in black, royal blue and white. These are my favorite museum boots.

All are well made boots. The toe of each of these boots extends past the sole and I have worn a spot on the bottom of the tow on each style. That may be from the way I walk but it is consistent on all the boots. I have gone through several pair of heel tips on all the boots. By the way, it’s great fun to take them into a shoe repair shop.

Hope this helps.

thighboot guy wrote:

Most people really don’t notice that I’m wearing heels.

You're secret is out!!! :P You work at the school for the blind and associate only with sightless people. :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks for the info thighbootguy. I think I'll get either the 8890's or the 8868's, maybe both. With me only a size 11, 5 inch heels begin to get to me after 3 or 4 hours on my feet. No problems with 4's though.

I’m back at the hotel from my trip into Washington D.C. For the trip I wore a blue knit pull over shirt, brown shorts with a 3” inseam, nude hose, and a new pair of black thigh boots with flat heels. I was going to a place with thousands of people on the street that I hadn’t been to for years so I thought the flat heels were a good compromise. I took public transportation into and back from DC. The hotel had a shuttle to Dullis airport and from there it is an hour bus ride into DC. The trip was uneventful. When I got into DC I walked about 6 blocks to the National Gallery of Art. This museum really is one of our Nations treasures. There aren’t too many places in the USA where you can walk into a two room gallery of Rembrandt, and the next one is Vermere, then Rubens and I was just getting started. I was there for four hours and my mind was in full overload. I have to do that again. Now back to what people thought of my boots. Many noticed but must just ignored me. There were a few exceptions however. One guard ask me if I had ridden my motorcycle to town. She said they looked like motorcycle boots. I assured her they weren’t and she said they really looked nice. A few minutes later she asked me what kind of work I did, and at the same time a guy asked me if I was an actor. I told her I was just a computer geek and I just liked to wear boots. I offered that I even sometimes wear a heel. She raised her eye brows and said, “with the right shorts or jeans, that could look good”. I said I thought it did and we went our ways. In another gallery I was sitting on one of the couches and a lady commented that she really liked my boots and went on that they looked like fine leather. I thanked her for the complement but told her they really weren’t expensive boots. She said the still looked great. Another guard asked me where I was from. I told him Cincinnati but they don’t wear them there either. He laughed and bid me a good day. As I was walking around the outside of the Hershorne Museum a girl with a group called out “Nice boots”. I thanked her. I overheard other comments like “I got to get a pair of those”. This one tops them all. I was walking past a stopped empty city bus on 7th Ave when the driver opened the door and called to me. He got off the bus with a digital camera and asked is he could take a picture of my boots. I said sure and pulled them up for his picture. Somewhere in Washington D.C there is a Metro driver with a digital picture of Thighbootguy in boots. The trip back to the airport and hotel were uneventful. Next time I’ll make the trip in heels and make sure the boots are REALLY comfortable. The toe box of new flat heel boots touches the side of my toes. Wearing them for a couple of hours is Ok but after a seven hour trip, with a lot of walking, I was glad to take them off. I still have to go out to dinner tonight. I’ll let you all know how that goes.