Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Breakfast as usual, 4” thigh boots. (How's that for status quo) After class I really needed a reference manual. (Bad class, bad instructor,…) so I got dress in a black turtleneck, black jacket, leather jeans and 4” heel black thigh boots (it has gotten cooler). I asked the desk clerk for directions to a bookstore and he directed me to a Barnes and Nobles in a near by shopping center. In I went and toured the store (couldn’t find the book I wanted). Since it was dinner time I started looking for somewhere to eat and found a Hoggy’s (ribs house). I walked in and was seated in a booth. The waitress was one of these people that is so active I got tired just watching her. I asked her if my boots were too much for the neighborhood and she stepped back a little to get a better look. Then I heard, “WOW those are neat, I really like them”. I thanked her and finished my dinner. On the way back to the hotel, I saw a book store that was still open. It was a place called Half Price Books that buys and sells used books. I have wanted to go in all week so I took the opportunity. Inside was an eclectic bunch of people. These folks were book lovers and just a delight to be around. Everything from a guy digging through engineering books to another guy very excited about finding a Monty Python CD (for 1$). I think I kind of fit in. I wondered through the whole store and had a blast. (I’m not really a party kind of guy). I came back to the hotel and got giggled at again. Oh well, ignoring the class and the giggles, this has been a great week.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

...so I got dress in a black turtleneck, black jacket, leather jeans and 4” heel black thigh boots (it has gotten cooler)...

Sixty-three degrees is "cooler?" Even though the wee hours in the morning (like now!) is around 76 degrees, I'm in a T-shit and shorts when I go for my morning walks! (I do wear pants with heels, though, both to hide the heels and because the A/C inside most establishments is quite cold).

Perhaps it's just me, but I don't start wearing long-sleeved shirts with long pants until it gets below sixty, never throw on a sweater or light jacket unless it's below fifty, and never wear a heavier jacket unless it's below freezing.

And I'm skinny as a rail!

I dunno - high metabolism? Natural food-burning heat machine?

Sorry, I don't mean to slight you...

By the way, I've enjoyed reading of your escapades in Ohio, particularly around OSU, as that's where my old girlfriend used to attend. All told I spent only about two weeks there with her (I went to a different school), but we had some good times!

If you get a chance, try this place:

http://www.thirstyeartavern.com/index2.html

My cousin says it's pretty nice, and you shouldn't have any problems, there.

Ahh, breakfast in boots. What a great way to start the day. I was wearing a pair of black 4” pull on thigh boots. I wore those boots back down to the lobby and out to my car and drove to class. I stopped for gas and when I got to class I almost forgot I had them on and started to get out of the car. Realizing my mistake I changed into my guy shoes and went to class. Tonight is museum night so I changed into my chap boots and drove back to the hotel. These are 5.5” heel black chap boots. At the hotel I put on a black turtleneck, black slacks, and a black blazer with the chap boots. I was thinking this is too warm but I’ll be in air conditioning, and I was thinking this 5.5” heel is a little higher than I’m used to but…. I went back out to my car and drove to the Museum. As I turned in the parking lot I must have caught a sharp curb because I cut the sidewall of a rear tire and it immediately started to go flat. One of the guards came by and saw my problem about the time I was getting the spare out of the trunk. He saw I had things under control and went on his way. By this time I had taken my jacket off, the turtle neck is sleeveless and did I mention I was wearing 5.5” heel chap boots. Oh well, I finished changing the tire and I was drenched with sweat (no delicate way to put that). I put my blazer back on and went into the museum and headed for the rest room to get cleaned up a little. This was the first rime I have gone into the men’s room with heels (never been into the lady’s room, not my style). Of course there were other folks in there. Did I mention I’m wearing 5.5” heels chap boots? The tour of the museum was nice except it wasn’t as cool as I was expecting so I had to take is very slow so I didn’t overheat. I finally took my jacket off and cooled down again. Hasn’t someone in this thread cautioned about making sure your heels are comfortable before you go out for an extended period? :roll: The extra .5” started to get to me and my feet started to hurt. The guard I met in the parking lot asked if my car was Ok and I asked for directions to a gas station that had an air line. When I left the museum, I stopped and put more air in the spare tire then drove back to the hotel. I changed into my 5” black thigh boots and blue jeans, same turtle neck and a light blue blazer (much cooler) and headed out for dinner. I went to the restaurant across the hotel’s parking lot. The waitress I had really didn’t like my boots. I asked her about them and she really strained to say they were Ok. With dinner I has two LARGE beers (my limit) and had to navigate on 5”heels. At least the manager and both the reception clerks bid me a cheerful good night. Back at the hotel I have the urge to pull on a pair of shorts with my 5”thigh boots and go for a walk around the neighborhood but I think that’s the beer so I will pass on that. Besides I’m pretty well exhausted so I think I will just crash. This has been a fun week and I’m going home tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoyed the chronicle. BobHH; Read back on this thread. The whole thing is about wearing thigh boots fully exposed.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I am checking out today so I packed my stuff and realized there was too much to carry in one trip so I made a trip out to the car with part of my stuff, wearing 5” thigh boots, then came back and had breakfast in boots.

I went back to my room and packed the rest of my bags to check out. Then I realized the stuff I still had left was very bulky. Walking in 5” heels is a matter of balance so I had to learn how to carry this stuff very quickly or I was really going to walk badly. Smaller steps seemed to be the answer so I more slowly went to the front desk and on out to my car.

After class I stopped at a supermarket and went in with a pair of 4” boots. There was very little reaction until I was leaving when I heard a lot of laughter back at the registers.

On the drive home (2 hrs.) I was wearing the same 4” pair. These are pull on boots so there is extra room in the ankle and above the arch of the foot. When I am standing my foot conforms to the arch of the sole and the boots fit fine. When I am sitting, however, my foot will straighten a little and, after a while, cause come discomfort where my toe is pushed forward into the side of the boot. That’s a long explanation for why I didn’t wear them all the way home.

I seem to have encountered four reactions to my wearing high heel thigh boots:

Disdain - The persons body language said, “that’s disgusting, go away”.

Indifference - People just went on their way like I wasn’t doing anything unusual. People would also engage in conversation and not acknowledge anything unusual.

Amusement - laughter

Mildly supportive - The persons body language said, “that takes nerve”. Or they commented on my boots.

I think I was lucky that I didn’t run into hostility, but I do try to be careful where I go.

This has been a great trip. I have another one planned in a week to Reston Va.

I had to replace the tire I ruined at the Columbus Art Museum so I went to Sam’s to get a replacement. I wore 4” heel thigh boots with jeans and walked into the tire department of the store. This isn’t like the other sections of the store, it’s more of a guy part of the store. Well anyway it took about 45 minutes to get the tire replaced and I chose to just wait around. I didn’t get any reaction, no comments, no stares, just professional courtesy. After getting the tire replaces, I went on a normal (note the use of that word) shopping trip in the rest of the store and tool my time. I was in the store for at least an hour and a half. A few customers looked twice but that was it. I’m starting to feel very comfortable wearing my boots which means I have to be even more attentive about where I go. I don’t want to assume too much about how accepting the public is. I suspect that if I’m paying to go into a place, there is an incentive on management’s part to keep me spending money there, and that tempers the reaction of the staff.

When I started wearing thigh boots, it was a matter of mustering up enough nerve to go out in public but now I kind of expect to be accepted. I doesn’t take anywhere near as much nerve to get out of my car, while wearing boots, as it used to. As I have mentioned several times, I still try to pick where I go in boots with some caution. I don’t wear boots around my neighborhood (at least in the daytime) or around work. It’s one thing to encounter someone that does things that are out of the norm and then go on your way, It’s entirely different to have to live next door. My part of the world is paranoid about sex offenders living in the neighborhood and this paranoia can easily expand to include someone that dresses out of the norm. Work is just not a place for me to be too far out of the norm. As others have written, going out of town allows you to be out of the norm and not permanently in someone else’s face. And like I said before, if your paying, people seem to cut you a little more slack. Pictures… I don’t have a photographic record of my exploits. I haven’t joined the digital photography revolution yet but that’s another issue. I’m still thinking about making pictures though. If/when I do, this will be the first place to know but thanks for asking.

Great narratives. Really enjoyed reading them. I still would like to know if you wore your boots inside of your pants legs or on the outside? To me, that would make them even more obvious if you wore them with your pants legs tucked inside of the boots.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I’m starting to feel very comfortable wearing my boots which means I have to be even more attentive about where I go. I don’t want to assume too much about how accepting the public is. I suspect that if I’m paying to go into a place, there is an incentive on management’s part to keep me spending money there, and that tempers the reaction of the staff.

That's wise - complacency is what usually occurs before something bad happens.

A few years ago, I was attacked here in Vegas. Why? Because I was wearing heels? No - I wasn't wearing heels at all, just my normally conservatives jeans, tennis shoes, and a decent shirt. I'd just come out of a late movie, and I'd parked in back. Wham! Hit and run, and I had a nice gash on the forehead, as well.

It pays to pay close attention to your surroundings.

Bubba136;

This thread is about publicly wearing thigh boots fully visible. I wear them outside my pant legs just like the avatar image.

Genebujold;

Thanks, complacency was the word I was hunting for. I am really going to try and avoid it. Besides, 5” heels kind of keep me on my toes (sorry about that one :D ).

well thighbootguy, thats how I wear mine too (although mine are flat-heeled) :D all the rest of my boots & shoes are thick platformed & one pair blade-heeled knee highs. all thigh boots have always been made to wear OUTSIDE ones pants!! :) whereas knee high boots could be worn with shorts, skirts, really skinny pants tucked in them or under flare boot-cut pants! its the only way to show off the exquisite beauty of them (thighboots) OVER the pants. yours, Brad

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

I just took a pair of my 5”heel thigh boots to the local cobbler for new heel tips. The Columbus trip finally wore them out. The lady that runs the shop is used to me bringing in thigh boots for heels but she wasn’t there today. The shop is a shoe store that has a cobbler come in once a week to do repairs.

I walked in with my boots in their box and found a teen aged girl at the counter. Without opening the box I said I needed heel tips. She looked at me kind of funny (she didn’t know what heel tips were) and opened the box and started to unfold the top boot. Her series of expressions was priceless:

1) Oh 8) - I’m sure she had never seen a pair of thigh boots before.

2) These sure are big - size 14

3) I’ll bet their his :D

4) What do I do now? :) She closed the box. I reopened it and pointed out what heel tips were and that they needed replacing. She gave me a receipt and gingerly put the box away. I proceeded to look at all the ladies shoes that were on sale.

Thighbootguy:-) You are a lot braver than I wearing your thighboots OUTSIDE your pants. I wouldn't be able to get away with that around where I live. I hide all but a ½" to 1" of my heels with long boot-cut jeans when I go street-heeling. Has anyone ever made any comments about you wearing those boots? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thighbootguy wrote:Quote: This thread is about publicly wearing thigh boots fully visible. Hmmmm The title of the thread is "Thighboots in Public" not "Wearing Thighboots fully exposed in Public," is it? if it is, sorry, my mistake.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

well, my name says it all in the way I wear thigh boots! it was never intended for you to wear thigh boots (those of any age & origin) UNDER pants :) exept the modern style of shorts (or short skirts) pants have been TUCKED INTO thigh boots and have ALWAYS been worn that way! (I tried once to wear mine that way, & ill tell you it rather was difficult to say the least) so that told me that thigh boots are ONLY made to be worn with pants tucked into them! 8) otherwise why even WEAR thigh boots if you have to wear them like you would knee high boots if your wearing them with long pants (levis) to me you need to wear the right footwear the right way in some cases in order to present them in their best way. (I have had people a long time ago tell me "why dont you wear them UNDER your pants?" I think well these boots arnt MADE to be worn that way after hearing that from them! :D I've got nothing to "hide" yours, Brad

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

Tuckedintoboots:-) I don't think I could walk around my area with thigh-boots over my pants and get away with it. I'm not really brave enough to do it presently. I have been known to try anything at least once---so who knows what the future might bring. I envy you the "chutzpah" you have of wearing them as you do. Amazing! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Another out of town class. I drove from Northern Ky to Reston Va. in about 9 hours. The drive in 4”heel thigh boots included a gas stop and was uneventful. I will take more time on the way back and make a couple more stops. When I walked into the hotel, the lobby was empty and the clerk was not at the front desk. When he came out the back office, the he couldn’t see my boots at all. I went out to dinner at a steak house wearing 4” heel black thigh boots, dark slacks, and a dark blue silk shirt. The hostess greeted me with a smile and lead me across the whole restaurant and seated me in a booth. After dinner, I asked my waitress if my boots were Ok in this neighborhood? She looked at them, noticed the heels, and asked where I’d planned to go. I said, “mostly just out to eat”. She thought on it and said I wouldn’t get beat up or anything but “watch out for groups of high school guys, they can be a little rough”. That may be good advice anywhere. When I left, I asked the hostess if my boots were Ok and she said smiled again and said, ” Sure, have a good time”. After dinner I went to a large drugstore in a strip mall. It was late and there were very few in the store. I wondered through and found what I was looking for without incident. After a 9 hour drive all I really wanted to do was eat and go to bed. Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Thighbootguy wrote:

ead me across the whole restaurant and seated me in a boots.

Wow, how lucky can you get. A place just made for you. :rofl: :D

Needless to say, this thread makes very interesting reading. I know the complacency feeling - it has happened to me also on business trips when I had gotten used to wear heels for extended periods of time and got the occasional stare, which sometimes gave me the "and what are you looking at" feeling. And then reality sinks in - ah, the heels! :D

What's all the fuss about?

Thighbootsguy:-) I'm sure that I am not the only guy here that envies your public activities in fully exposed thighboots. You have related such great adventures in street-heeling in your boots that just makes my efforts pale by nature and cases my chin to drop to the floor when i read them. I'm agast. I am wondering if there are any other guys on this board that have been able to equal or exceed your activities in thighboots besides yourself and Tuckedintoboots. And then when people don't seem to notice your boots, you ask them their opinions. Amazing. I'm flabergasted to no end. Fantastic! I know I can't be, but wish I could be, as confident and comfortable as you in my street-heeling. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I had breakfast wearing my black thigh boots with 4” heels. The room was full of business men and there wasn’t any conversation going on. Everyone looked, and went back to their breakfast and newspapers.

The class I’m taking this week is great. By the time the instructor finished with us I was exhausted. Any more information would have gone in one ear and right out the other. I came back to the hotel and crashed.

For dinner, I wore a black turtle neck, dark silk shirt, dark slacks, black blazer, and black thigh boots with 4” heels. I drove around looking for a restaurant. I started to notice I was in a rather upscale neighborhood in which I was not comfortable. All the cars were new, and the people were either dressed “designer casual” or worked real hard to not look dressed up. I wound up going to a restaurant where I was ignored by the host when I walked in, and ignored by the waitress (as much as she could). This was not my most enjoyable meal. Oh well, my tip wasn’t that great either.

When I got back to the hotel, I entered the lobby and the desk clerk (female) saw me come in and gave me a friendly greeting.

Something has changed. It may be that I just don’t think this is the place or I’m getting tired of heels for a while (see http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=3490). It does seem like a shame to waste the opportunity but as Genebujold and Bert point out, “don’t get complacent”. Maybe I just need to change what I am wearing with my boots. Any thoughts or ideas would be welcome.

Buba136;

Some day I’ll learn to type, but that was a great Freudian slip.

Wow, what a difference a day makes, or maybe it was just getting a good nights sleep, whatever I feel great today. No more of this “tired of wearing heels” stuff. I had breakfast in my 4” heeled boots, and again the room was all business guys but I had a whole different attitude. These are my boots, and I’m wearing them. I got a few looks but other than that, nothing. After breakfast, I wore my boots out to the car. My parking spot was all the way at the end of the parking lot so it was a good walk. I changed into regular guy shoes when I got to class (the class is work related). After class I changed back into my boots and went back to the hotel and got the same bad parking spot. The desk clerk (same as last night) was cheerful and polite. I decided I wasn’t going to be put off by the neighborhood any longer and besides, I wanted a good meal. For dinner, I wore my turtle neck, long sleeved blue dress shirt, jeans, and black thigh boots with 4” heels. The restaurant is in a 4 city block open air mall. I parked and spotted a bookstore and went there first. I roamed around for a while then walked a block to am Italian restaurant. I went in, was greeted cheerfully and was seated at a table on the other end of the dinning room. I had a good meal and a pleasant waitress. As I left I asked the hostess if my boots were a problem. She looked alarmed (that I would even ask) and said they weren’t any problem at all. I thanked her and told her I would be back tomorrow. She and another waitress bid me a pleasant good evening. I walked back to the bookstore and took my time purchasing several books. I walked back to my car I changed into my 5” heeled boots. I drove back to the hotel and got an even worse parking spot. I walked across the parking lot and into the lobby and ask the same clerk if my boots were a problem and got the same reaction, “No, they are no problem at all”. This class really is exhausting, I’ve had a good meal and a beer, I’m wearing 5” heeled boots, I’ve got a couple of good books, I’m beat, and it’s time to crash.

Thighbootguy:-) A good nights sleep can cause a wonderful up-lift in many ways. You can accomplish so much more when you keep your battery fully charged. I'm very happy to read that you have gotten out of that funk that you were in and decided that wearing high heeled thigh-boots was for the best and now you want to continue on doing that. When I read your last post, I could feel that it was posted in an up-beat manner. That's great. Congrats. Once again, your heeling adventures of the day sounded terrific. Now, get to bed and get another good nights rest so that you will be fresh again tommorrow for another day in the great wide world. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I wore my 5” heeled boots to breakfast and everything was much the same as the day before. There is something, however, different about wearing a 5”heel on a tighter fitting boot (ankle zipper) than a 4” heel pull on boot. These boots are as much about the heel as they are the boot. It may be subtle but I notice the difference when I’m wearing them and this is all about confidence and presentation. I walked out to my car (all the way at the end of the lot) and drove to class. There I changed into my guy shoes again. Great class today! I changed back to the 5” heels and drove back to the hotel. I was early and got a good parking spot which was nice since the sky opened and started dumping buckets of water. This prompted a quick dash to the entrance which was an adventure in itself with 5” heels. For dinner I wore a white long sleeved shirt, blue jeans, and 5” heel black thigh boots. I went back to the same restaurant for another menu item. I had to park even farther away than last night. I walked across the parking lit then started up the sidewalk to the restaurant. I passed several folks going the other direction. Most just glanced and kept going. One young man looked down and said, “Damn” and kept on going. I took it as a complement. In the restaurant there was a 10 minute wait but the hostess asked me if a table close the front of the restaurant was Ok, and seated me immediately. The meal and wine (one glass, driving and 5”heels) were good but I think they were glad when I left. Most of the reactions I got seemed to be something like: I’ve never seen anyone wearing boots like those before and then I’ve never seen a guy wearing boots like those before. I walked back to the bookstore because I wasn’t ready to go back to the hotel and looked at books for another half hour. I then walked across the parking lot back to the car. I got my wrong end of the lot parking spot again. This is my last night, but I plan on making a few stops on the way home tomorrow. For the most part it has been a fun trip. DawnHH: Thanks for the concern. I try to keep the batteries charged. Looks like I’m going to be motoring through your part of the world. Shoeiee: Thanks for the welcome. Got you mail and I’m really sorry I can’t make the meeting. Maybe I can the next time I’m back in Reston.

I was early and got a good parking spot which was nice since the sky opened and started dumping buckets of water. This prompted a quick dash to the entrance which was an adventure in itself with 5” heels.

Get ready for more rain - Tropical Storm Bonnie is predicted to pass right smack dab over the center of Reston, VA, early Friday with Cat 1 winds (74-95 mph) between the middle of W. Virginia and Annapolis, MD.

Close on it's heels is Hurricane Charlie, whose predicted path is all but absolutely identical, and will hit NOVA late Sat night.

Head for higher ground, son...

http://www.weatherunderground.com/tropical/

Not to worry about Reston, VA, GBJ. Hurricanes, as you know, lose their punch as they progress northwards over land or cooler water. The velocities you cited are the projected wind speeds at landfall. I doubt the winds will be that high by the time it reaches Northern Virginia. More to the point, those of us that live in the low country of South Carolina and Georgia (Charleston, Savannah area) are locked and loaded for evacuation should our local governments advise. Especially those of us that live directly on the ocean. We've been lucky. The last big hurricane that came through here was Hurricane Hugo in 1989. Pretty well "tore the place up." Although I was still living in Manassas, VA at the time, the house we are iving in, which is over 120 years old, sustained only light damage. Oh well, insurance is paid, emergency supplies on hand, motor home is loaded and we're hoping for the best.

Bubba136:-) With both hurricanes coming together, you could be in for some severe flooding down there. Some of the rains are already going through us here in my area. Keep us all posted on how you fair out. Cheers--- Dawn HH