Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Very cool story! I've been friends with a couple women that had my same foot size.. One never wore heels, the other liked my heels, but had dificulty in anything over 3" (not sure why), and would get iritated when I could wander around in 5" heels with alot less street practice... Oh well Keep it up, and update us on how things go :-? Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Cincyheellover:-) I see that you are new to the Forum, so let me be the first one to welcome you to the HH Place Megaforums. That is an incredible story that you told us and definitely means that you need to follow-up with us as things develope. I have never had anythng like that happen to me ever. Fantastic! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks! This is the first time that has never happened to me before. I still couldn't believe that a woman could wear a size 12 or 13. Yesterday I went and asked some of the shoe store managers in town if they actually had women who ever bought size 12s or 13s and they all said yes. So now I have to be lucky because I know a woman who wears the same size as I do and likes wearing high heel shoes and boots. I did give her a call yesterday and left a message about seeing if we might want to swap any other high heel boots or shoes. I will definitely keep everyone posted.

I am new to the site and thought I would post a recent experience I had ... She couldn't believe that she has found a guy into heels and wears her size, I said dito for me.

Great post! This would definately qualify for the Our Real Life Encounters thread. I won't double-post, but I'll definately put a link there to here.

Thanks for a great first post!

Cincyheellover:-) It's great that you made a follow-up call to that girl that traded wearing heels with you. A future post will be needed to keep us all on our toes, (pun intended), with that story. A great post. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I have been a little busy lately and haven’t kept up my posting so let me catch up. The Cincinnati Art Museum is open on Wednesday evenings and I thought I would take advantage of the hours. I arrived about 06:00 PM and the parking lot was almost empty. I was thinking, “great I’ll have the whole museum to myself.” I was wearing jeans and a turtleneck bulky sweater and royal blue thigh boots with a 5” stiletto heel. These boots look great with jeans but they really stand out so I haven’t worn them too often. The museum has a large room for an entrance that is two stories high. There is an open stairway on the side that goes up to the European gallery where I like to hang out. I went up the stairs and settled in with my sketch book. The Museum also provides folding stools for sketchers to sit on while they work. These stools are short and I have to fold my legs up to sit on one. Adding another 5” to my leg makes sitting on these low stool a challenge. Anyway, I was working away and I started hearing loud music….loud live music….loud live Jewish music. I asked the guard what was going on and he said that the first Wednesday of each month there is a party at the museum. I’m not a party person so I just kept working and went into a quitter room. When I finished sketching, I walked back out of the gallery and was overlooking a large room packed with 100-200 people and an open stairway that went down into the middle of the room. I’m still wearing royal blue thigh boots. I thought, “why not (especially since it’s the only way out)” and walked down the stairs and across the room. Several people noticed (how’s that for an understatement) but no comments. I gave my stool back to a guard and went outside. The empty parking lot was now full and there was a police man directing traffic. He asked me if I was leaving (which meant a parking space would open up), I said I was and he directed a car to follow me to my parking space. What a hoot! After I left the Museum I want shopping at my Sam’s club, still wearing my boots. What a great day. The next day I wore my blue boots to work (not at work) and back home. I stopped at Sam’s again and Biggs on the way home. Wow two days of running around with those boots has been really fun.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Seems like the Cincinnati Art Museum is getting all of the attention. Why not wear then to a Reds baseball game or to a Bengal's game? I, for one would look favorably upon any man that wore light blue, 5" stiletto heeled thighboots to an afternoon game at the ball park.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thighbootguy:-) I would echo Jimnj3's request for some pics of your outfit. I wonder just how risky it would be for a person to wear thigh boots with stiletto heels to any ball park for a game. Especially if they were light blue and fully exposed. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Crotchhiboots:-) Cudos and good for you. That's great. Possibly black 3" stiletto sandals might be a bit less noticable than light blue 5" stiletto thigh-high boots, especially if they were worn outside pants. Just my opinion. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I had to stop in a Wallgreen’s (chain drug store) this morning before I went to work. I was one of the first customers in the store. I wore slacks, black turtleneck, tan suede jacket and black thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. I caught my reflection in the refrigerator case and thought the combination looked well together. I did my shopping and went to the checkout. The lady running the checkout noticed me as I walked up to the line and bid me “good morning, is that all for you”? After she had rung up my items and I was signing the credit receipt, she said, “Well, you have more nerve than I do walking in heels like that. I’d fall”. I replied, “I practice a lot”. She said “Practice”? (which I took as “yes, I guess you would have to”). I wondered why she commented on the heels and not the boots? I'll have to go back sometime and ask.

Bengal’s and Red’s Games -- Although I am within walking distance of both stadiums (see High Heeled Sneakers) I would never occur to me to go to a game (with or without heels). It’s just not something I would do for entertainment.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Croutchhiboots:-) 3" wedges and painted toe nails with painted acrylic nails and no one even looked? WOOOOOOOOOOO! Maybe the public is getting used to us or maybe they just don't give a ***. How long do you keep your acrylics on, and do you wear them to work? They are a bit expensive to get done. Thighbootguy:-) Nice comment and quick come-back. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Tonight I went to Joseph Beth Booksellers I look for a CD and a couple of propeller head computer books. This is a great bookstore. All the employees give the impression they have read most of the books in the store. They are a most unusual, and delightful group of people.

The store was busy (as usual). I was wearing the same thing I wore at the drug store, black turtle neck, slacks, tan suede jacket and black thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels.

The parking lot was packed so I had a little way to walk to the store. Most of the clientele didn’t even bat an eye. A few glanced down but that was it. I felt completely accepted as if people wore boots in here all the time.

They had the CD (Brahms Requiem ) but not the books.

The CD is now the pride of my collection, it’s that good. A great CD, great store and people, and a great night out wearing boots. Doesn’t get much better.

I just won a bid on a new pair of boots! WHITE thigh high boots, 5” stiletto heels and a ankle zipper.

Posted Image

I want to try the look that bootish has shown us in Stiletto jeans surface again. With white slacks/jeans and the white thigh boots. I ought to be able to simulate the look for a lot less money than the stiletto jeans cost.

I went to the museum again tonight. Black thigh boots 4” stiletto heels. Had a good time talking to the guard at the front desk about the “First Wednesday of the Month” party. As it turns out, the theme of each party is a different nationality. There is a $6 cover for food and drinks but the museum is still free.

I have been stopping at Biggs for the past two nights on the way home from work. Both times I wore light blue jeans, a dark turtle neck, tan suede jacket, and black thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. It’s not that I’m that bad at planning shopping trips, the second trip was just an excuse to go somewhere wearing boots. Both nights were cool, rainy and dreary. People in the parking lot didn’t pay any attention to me. The first night, I did avoid parking around a cluster of young males but that was my only concession. When I got out of the car, I made sure my boots were pulled up all the way (they tend to ride down) and across the lot and into the store I went.

The first night I wandered around the store from one end to the other and had a good time looking at “stuff”. I left my cart sitting, and went to the deli counter and got to stand there for a bit while I was waiting and being waited on. This is where most people noticed my boots. I was away from my cart so there was nothing to get in way of their view. No one said a thing, just a few glances. After I filled my cart I went through the checkout line. The clerk noticed my boots but didn’t say anything.

The second night I really didn’t need anything but that didn’t stop me. I wondered around again, and went to the deli again. This time I saw a guy that works in a different build than I do. I has my cart in front of me and I said “Hi” he said “Hi’ back and went on his way. I’m not sure he even saw the 4” heels. I really expected a comment but he appeared to be in his own world. There were lots of families with kids in the store. I try to avoid those groups, but there was no chance to do that. No one said a word and the kids hardly seemed to notice. After I went through the checkout line (and there are 20 of them), the clerk asked me, ”Weren’t you in here last night”? I said I was and she said, “You were in my line”. I really didn’t plan that but, I think she really did notice what I was wearing. I’ll have to ask her next time.

I think I’m getting close to believing “these boots just being my boots that I can wear wherever I want”. I’m still not throwing caution to the wind, but I’m a lot more relaxed wearing them and having a lot of fun.

raccoon

Jimnj3

Dawn HH

Thanks for the comments. I WILL keep you posted on adventures in my white boots. They haven’t arrived yet (only been 2 days), but as soon as the get here I’ll break them in.

Hi!

... to go somewhere wearing boots. ...

To clarify: You really wear them over your trousers and hence they are clearly visible? And you didn't receive any (bad) comments directly aimed at your boots yet? Wow, that's impressive, almost unbelievable...

CU!

-Mike

Mickey S.

Yep, I wear them over my jeans and clearly visible, just like my current avatar. Look back at the beginning of this thread. I’ve chronicled a lot of how I started wearing thigh boots with stiletto heels in public.

I have had very little negative feedback while wearing them.

It’s all about being comfortable and enjoying with what you wear.

I do wear high heels myself in public but use long flared (boot cut) jeans to cover them somehow. For the more chunky-heeled shoes I do, however, wear them quite visible but they don't require a lot of guts anyway. I wish I would be brave and bold enough to wear the boots from my avatar the way you do. Anyway, Thighbootguy, way to go! Amazing accomplishment... CU! -Mike