Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Well I’m back from dinner. I wore my dark blue jeans, a dark blue silk blouse, and my royal blue thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. This is really the best looking outfit I have with me. I went to an Italian restaurant and had a fine meal with two beers (my limit). When I walked in, there were guests outside the door waiting to be seated, some of whom noticed my boots, but when I went in, the restaurant was almost empty and I was seated immediately. As it turned out everyone wanted outdoor seating for the fireworks. Not being a fireworks fan (that’s a whole posting in itself) I was glad to be served quickly. Inside the restaurant no one noticed my boots at all. As I was leaving, the fireworks were just starting and the whole restaurant staff was outside. I just walked to my car and drove back to the hotel. All dressed up and no party. I really am tired so I’ll sign off.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

It's funny thighbootguy, but people seem to be much more willing to comment on low heeled thighboots than high heeled boots, at least that's been my experience.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Once again, another exciting adventure of thighbootguy! From Washington to dinner in royal blue boots! Remarkable!! Absolutely remarkable! I truly envy your boldness to wear what what you enjoy where you will! Fantastic! Thanks also for the info on the Pleaser boots. Since those boots only come in medium width, I'll have to go for the size 14 for maximum comfort, but I'm sure I'll be able to make them work.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB

Shafted

The Pleaser 8890s

Posted Image

are cow leather pull on boots with an elastic lace in the back above the knee and 4” stiletto heels. In my size 14, the shaft was a little too large to say up so I ran a seam down the inside of the back to tighten them up. The leather strap behind the knee is a useless decoration. With an insole, these are the most comfortable boots I own. Since the I tightened the shaft, these are my favorite out and about boots. They don’t scream HIGH HEELS like the 5” boots do. Most people really don’t notice that I’m wearing heels.

The Ellie 8868s

Posted Image

are pig leather pull on boots with a 4” stiletto heel. The pig leather is a little stiffer than the cow leather which means the boots will stay up a little better. With an insole, these are also good boots to walk in.

The Ellie 8899s

Posted Image

are pig leather boots with an ankle zipper, a lace tie in the back above the knee and 5” stiletto heels. If you can wear a 5” heel, these boots, with an insole, are more comfortable than the 8869s. The shaft of these boots is tighter so there is no problem with them staying up. I have a pair in black, royal blue and white. These are my favorite museum boots.

All are well made boots. The toe of each of these boots extends past the sole and I have worn a spot on the bottom of the tow on each style. That may be from the way I walk but it is consistent on all the boots. I have gone through several pair of heel tips on all the boots. By the way, it’s great fun to take them into a shoe repair shop.

Hope this helps.

Hi TBG,

a very helpful contribution! You are describing exactly my experience (8868/8899). Still a remark for other guys with big feet. The 8899 style is very narrow. Normally I'm wearing an EU 44/45 size ~ US 13. But reading customer experiences at Zappo's I decided to bid at eBay for an US 14 model. A very good decision!

BTW You are poisoning me :P I have just won an auction about chocolate brown 8868's. Already my fourth pair of thigh high boots. I hope to muster up in autumn the same courage as you!

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

And the adventures are on going for Thighbootguy and Micha, soon to be joined by JeffB. Great stories, guys, keep them coming.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Agreed! It's these guys, and a few others, that keep me thinking that maybe it's possible to wear what I like.

Thanks (I think :P ).

Well, I just do what I can to further our most unique cause. And the more I read thighbootguy's stories, the more I wanna give this a try myself, just to see what sort of reactions I get. I'm sure it'll be both fun and exciting! :P

The Ellie 8899s

Posted Image

Thighbootguy: A question about the 8899's, is the lace tie in back functional or just decorative? Can you use the tie to tighten the upper portion of the shaft? The five inch heels are of no concern to me as I can handle walking in them, but I'm curious about the tie. Any answers you can provide would be helpful.

:P

Well I’m back home and have slept the night and my calf muscles are still sore. The story is in why they are sore.

Yesterday was my last day on my trip so I decided to go for broke. The day was WHITE boot day. The problem was to put together an outfit that looked good with them. I wore a white satin long sleeved blouse, denim hip hugger shorts with a 1” inseam, nude hose, a blue woven sweat band on my head, and white thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The top to bottom blue, white, blue, white tide the whole thing together and looked good. The problem was having enough nerve to go out like that.

The first thing was to take all my other boots out to the car. I had to do this anyway since I was leaving, but it left me with only one pair of footwear. Oh well it was the last day and I wouldn’t get the chance again so out I went. My room was on the second floor at the end of a wing of the hotel and the room door opened onto an outdoor hall. The outdoor stairs were in the middle of the wing and my car was parked near my room so it was a nice walk to the car. The lobby was even further in the other direction.

First I went to breakfast at the hotel. As I walked into the lobby the first desk clerk registered surprise. When manager came out of a back room she also looked surprised but then I got a big smile and she said they were nice boots. This was the first time she had commented on any of them. I got my food and ate with some of the other guests. I made several trips across the dining area for seconds. Other than a few glances, there was no reaction at all. Confidence was building.

There was one museum I still wanted to see, the Air and Space Museum at Dulles airport. This is an extension of the Smithsonian Air and Space in D.C. I drove to the Museum and got there before they opened so I got to stand in line outside for about 10 minutes. Several of the Museum workers came by with literature. After a quick glance they didn’t miss a beat. The other folks in line noticed and ignored me.

Its kind of hard not to notice a guy standing 6’5” (in heels) with a white satin blouse in the bright sun.

By the time the doors opened there were a hundred people in line. The security guard checked my bag without comment.

This is a HUGE museum housed in a airplane hanger that has been fitted with elevated walking paths so you can get back far enough from the planes to see, as well as walking right up to them on the floor. How big is HUGE? The plane I wanted to see was a Concord. I was parked crossways in one end of the hanger.

Posted Image

I said these 8899s were my museum boots so I got to prove it. I wanted to see a Concord close up. I had seen one fly and land at Cincinnati and fell in love with the plane. I walked from one end of the Museum to the other and also around the space shuttle. I was there for over an hour, walking all the time. The museum guests ignored me and the guards were polite and loved talking about the planes. As I left and walked back the car, more guests noticed me but just kept on going without comment.

I started driving for home. After an hour or so I realized the effort in the Museum had dehydrated me so I stopped at a Burger King for a snack and the biggest soft drink they had. Of course I went in (rather than the drive in) and had to go back to the car because I had forgotten my wallet. The other guests noticed, some with amusement, but made no comment at all.

Later I stopped at an expressway rest stop in Maryland. As I pulled into a parking spot, three guys on motorcycles pulled in beside me( not a gang, just three guys that liked to ride). I thought about it for a minute then got out of the car. The guy who was talking, stopped in mid sentence, took a second look, then went on with his conversation. After that every one ignored me.

An hour or so later I stopped at another rest stop without event.

By the time I got to West Virginia I was tired so I pulled into a rest stop and slept for 15 min. Then I got out of the car and went into the building and refilled my drink glass with water. Some noticed, one stared, but no one said a word.

After several hours I wanted supper so I pulled into a Bob Evans (family style restaurant). The hostess greeted me with a big smile and seated me at a table. The waitresses noticed and all smiled. I ordered and while my food was arriving, I went to the men’s room. This was the first time I had had to use the facilities in heels. Fortunately, the stalls at Bob Evans are solid walls and very private.

When my waitress brought me my food, I commented that I hopped my boots weren’t causing a problem. She gave me a big smile and said, “not at all, you should wear what you want”. She did ask me why I was wearing them (seems that was the discussion topic in the kitchen), and I told her I just enjoyed wearing them and she said “that’s great”. It turns out she is a theater major from New York, being a waitress while working on her second major in school. She said she has been trying to convince the local people where was life outside Centerville. As I left I wished her luck and thanked the hostess for her hospitality.

As I was getting closer to home, I stopped at a rest stop and changed into a blue pull over knit shirt, jeans, and black thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. I had wanted to go shopping in my white boots but it was too late and the stores were closed so I changed into “home clothes”. The black boots were pull on so they are easy to change.

I stopped at a convenience store about a mile from home and went in (wearing my black boots) and bought a gallon of milk. I sure two girls commented to each other, the clerks ignored me but in the parking lot a guy came up to my car and through a closed window and said he loved my boots. We exchanged thumbs up as I left.

Now I’m back home with sore calf muscles but what a great day.

JeffB-

The lace tie on the 8899s is functional but my thigh isn’t anywhere close to requiring loosening the lace so for me they are decorative but I like look.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I went to Lowe’s (hardware warehouse) this morning to buy some sand and a grounding rod, but also as an excuse to wear my boots. I wore shorts with a 4” inseam, a blue pull over short, and a pair of black thigh highs with 4” stiletto heels. I walked in and made no concession to what I was wearing. If I present myself as doing something unusual, people will take advantage of it so I walk around like “I do this all the time and everybody else was out of step”. I had to walk over the entire store to get my items and lots of folks noticed but no one said a thing. After wearing boots for a full week, I missed them.

Its absolutely remarkable. You only get good comments. I really, really enjoy reading your story's thighbootguy. I tried my thigh-highs on outside the first time last week, but nobody saw me, which was good, coz they have a bit of a high heel :P, and my trousers together with the boots would have been to much :P Keep them comming, i love it!

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Thighbootguy:-) It sounds like you had a very adventuresome week and got in some sightseeing and really put some miles on your boot collection. Now it is time to rest up so that you will be ready to go back to work. I may have said this before, but I don't remember. I enjoy reading your stories and I sometimes read them to Mickey as I can see and read better than her. She thinks they are interesting also. Keep on heeling and more power to you in your efforts. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Yet another remarkable adventure there, thighbootguy! I never fail to be absolutely amazed with the things you do and the places you go in your boots! I for one can never get anough of your exploits and, like I've said previously, it's motivated me to endeavor similar adventures. And, as soon as I get a car, I mean to do just that! I can't wait for that! Oh, and thanks for the info on the 8899's. Those are nice looking boots! :P

I Too, really like your boot selections. What an interesting trip! I would have thought you would have drawn more responce with your attire. If only we had pictures. With all your outings and decent responce it gives us all more courage to wear our heels in public. I do wonder though, its been so hot and humid these past few weeks how do stand wearing boots ? Jim

ChantalTV –

Glad to here you tried your thigh boots. Were they outside of your trousers or inside? I didn’t understand what would have been “too much”.

Dawn HH –

I really did put some wear on my boots, and enjoyed every minute of it. I’m happy that Mickey enjoyed hearing about my adventure. Tell her I said “Hi”.

JeffB –

A car does make changing into and out of thigh boots more convenient. I hope you get to try your boots out and about soon.

Jimnj3 –

Warm weather has been a concern, however, the times I was outside wasn’t too hot and all the rest of the time I was in air-conditioning.

So far I have been taking it easy when I go outside and I’m not out for too long so the warm weather hasn’t stopped me yet. I was doing some yard work with the stuff I bought at Lowe’s and I wore shorts and regular shoes for that. Several weeks ago it was cooler and I did similar work in jeans and thigh boots.

All –

Thanks for the kind words and support.

Glad to here you tried your thigh boots. Were they outside of your trousers or inside? I didn’t understand what would have been “too much”.

I was wearing black shiny pvc trousers, and wore my boots over them, but really, it didn't matter, coz me boots are black patent as well :P

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Thighbootguy:-) Mickey says "Hi" back to you and to have fun in your boots. Also, she would like to know if your wife knows about your public boot wearing? Is she O.K. with this? Where did you get your flat-heeled thigh boots and are they male or female? Can you give me all of the details? Thanks! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well my Granny Boots arrived while I was out of town and I tool them out for a spin at lunch today. I wore them under my slacks. I went to several stores in the town where I work (something I would not do in thigh boots). The outing was a different experience for me because I didn’t want to be noticed wearing heels so close to works.

I had forgotten what so many on this board had expressed about trying not to be seen or noticed while wearing heels. When I wear my thigh boots there is no hiding what I’m wearing but the granny boots allow that option. I’m not sure I enjoyed the game of wearing heels and trying not to be seen. I wore my granny boots because I liked them and it bothers me that I was inhibited and always wondering if someone noticed.

I think the answer is to not wear heels so close to work again.

By the way, the granny boots are lace up boots with a zipper. These boots are more trouble to get on and off than any other pair of boots I own except the chap boots.

DawnHH

The flat heel boots are Pleaser 8826. They are pig leather. I normally wear a 14 in a heeled boot and I have a pair of size 14 8826s but the shaft is too large and the shoe is a little long. They are, however, very comfortable but won’t stay up on my leg. I use them as work boots and have had to re-glue the sole on the boots twice. That is something that you should not have to do with normal wear. The pair I wore to your museum and the DC Art Museum are a new pair size 13. The shaft is a little tighter so they stay up better but my toe can touch the toe box and after several hours it irritates my toes to the point walking was painful.

Thighbootguy:-) Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your new pair of flat heeled thighboots as they looked very well on you. Too bad that they don't make a size 13.5 as that might solve your problem. Maybe when Dr. Shoe gets up and running with his new shoe place, he can remedy that situation for you and a lot of others. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I found a pair of Pleaser’s BEVERLY thigh boots

Posted Image

for $35 (including shipping) at How Cool today and ordered them. Yep, I ordered a pair of silver thigh boots. This may take some getting used to. This will also be my first pair of non leather boots. I really don’t expect to get much outside wear from them until it cools off but air conditioned places may be Ok.

These boots will stand out more then my white pair do so I’ll have to see if I have the nerve to get out of the car.

Good heavens! SILVER thigh boots? That's absolutely incredible!!!! Thighbootguy, if you manage to pull off wearing those beauties in public, I'll be your fan for life! Have you come up with an outfit to pair them with yet? I've never even contemplated wearing silver anything, so I'm kinda stumped on what one could wear with them! In any event, more power to you!

Love the silver boots thighbootguy! Silver goes good with just about anything as it's a neutral color. I'm sure you can pull it off. Good boot to wear any silver jewelery you may have.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thighbootguy:-) GOOD HEAVENS!!! Silver thighboots!!! We are getting brave, aren't we? I must admit that for thighboots the price was right...shipping and all. This should prove very interesting out in public. You MUST let us all know what happens on this one. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hey, Jeff B.!!!! You can always wear silver boots with your red, white and blue outfit. Silver goes good with patriotic colors. :P

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

JeffB:-) As per Bubba's suggestion for you to wear your silver boots with your red, white and blue outfit...I'm not so sure that you will be able to get away with wearing your silver boots at the office with ANY outfit. I think that they would stick out more than wearing white shoes, and may stick out as an attention getter if used in public when street-heeling. They may have to end up being boots for wearing around the house only. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Not to worry, Dawn! Even someone like me who's work practically every color in the rainbow at the office wouldn't dream of sporting silver! No way, Jose! I'm not THAT bold!