Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I just had a rather embarrassing boot outing. I went to the museum and wore a knit shirt, blue denim shorts wore a 4” inseam, and my blue leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The shorts come to about the top of the boots. I hadn’t been to the museum for almost a month and I was really looking forward to going. The parking lot was packed but just as I pulled in a car in the front row pulled out and I got that spot. I walked in and was greeted warmly by the staff. I got a folding stool and headed upstairs to the gallery where I went to work. Everyone noticed my boots but no one said anything except to complement my sketch (it was a good one). I moved on to another gallery and chatted with the guard (young lady) about the Ruben’s on the wall. She said I reminded her of a friend of her family (she didn’t mean friends of her family wore thigh boots). I walked around for a while then thought it was time to leave. I headed back through the galleries and all of a sudden the sciatic nerve in my right leg began to act up again. I’ve commented before that when that happens I have a hard time walking in heels. Boy did I ever. All the strength in my ankle vanished and every time I put my right foot down my ankle wouldn’t stay straight and my foot rolled over and off the heel. It didn’t hurt but I couldn’t walk. I stopped and tried a few things and found that if I transferred my weight to my toes and went slowly I could make some headway. I was still on the second floor and I had to go down a flight of steps and across the lobby. Normally I do this without using the banister and stride across the lobby. Not this time. I hung onto the banister for dear life and took very gingerly steps across the lobby. By the way, there was a wedding party in the lobby getting ready for a reception at the museum. My ankle still rolled over a couple of times and it really looked like I couldn’t manage heels. After the lobby I still had the front steps on the museum and the walk to the parking lot. Was I ever glad I got that parking spot in the front row. The only good thing about all this is that it didn’t hurt and I didn’t turn my ankle when my foot fell off the heel. I know too much pride isn’t a good thing, but I do take pride in being able to walk in a 5” heel. Doing that poorly in public was a real embarissment. :roll:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Ohhhhhhh ahhhhh and littet funny! But i have seen a lot of woman have a simaly problem at that funny to :roll: Well i glad u ditten fall and smakt u face and some otter budy parts! :wink: Btw.... I love to read u stoff! it´s realy great!

((( Frist i am not good to spell )))

..........(((( Sorry for that ))))........

.......................(",).......................

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/FreeMannWorld/

Thighbootguy, I think it was Eddie Izzard who said, "If you're a woman wearing high heels and you fall it's embarrasing. If you're a bloke wearing heels you have to kill yourself." :roll:

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

...“When I first saw you I thought it was funny, but since I see you all the time it’s just normal.”...

Such truth can never be repeated often enough. :roll:

Though they haven't verbalized it to me, the staff at my favorite Barnes and Noble has seen me so many times in stiletto pumps, that to them, I'm sure its no big deal anymore.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Hey all, I just got my new thigh boots and have them on. I'm sooooo glad they fit, tho they're skin tight! I got them mainly for wearing around the house so outfits aren't really a must, but I would like ideas for outfits to do a pic or two to show all you ppl. I don't have any skirts. And I won't be able to get them to fit over any of my pants. I do have a pair of black pvc 5 pocket jeans, and a pair of pvc short shorts, but all ideas are welcome. Thanks!

These are them if you missed the pic before

Posted Image

TBG:-) That new pair of wooden bottom sandals look good on you. Enjoy them. My very first pair of sandals ever was delivered today. I'm not used to seeing my hose-covered toes in the open with a 4" heel out back. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi to a fellow Canadian !

These are a great pair of Boots that you definitely should show.....to hide a pair of high Boots under pant legs is such a waste! Over the many years that i have experimented with different pant styles from tight fitting leather pants to tights jeans, the best pairs of pants that I now own and wear mostly with my Boots are Jodphurs. Go to any equestrian store and there are many styles and colours of mens jodphurs. they fit great, look cool and are awesome for under Boots. I now have a daozen pairs of jodphurs, different colours, some with leather seats others just plain. I receive lots of compliments on not just the Boots now but also the pants! The part I enjoy most about jodphurs is they show off the Boots the best. My avatar on the left is showing a pair of black jodphurs that I love to wear with my Little Shoe Box black leather thigh high Boots. This is the outfit that I wear out and about the most often.....this photo was taken just before we left to the theatre to watch the movie Kinky boots while on vacation in San Francisco.

Hope this helps! And yes, show off those great Boots you have just purchased!

david

Hey all, I just got my new thigh boots and have them on. I'm sooooo glad they fit, tho they're skin tight! I got them mainly for wearing around the house so outfits aren't really a must, but I would like ideas for outfits to do a pic or two to show all you ppl. I don't have any skirts. And I won't be able to get them to fit over any of my pants. I do have a pair of black pvc 5 pocket jeans, and a pair of pvc short shorts, but all ideas are welcome. Thanks!

These are them if you missed the pic before

Posted Image

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Diary 7/31/06 I haven’t been posting for over a week because I was concerned about the addictive nature of posting on this board (at least for me). One major part of the fun of wearing thigh boots is posting my outings on this board. So I forced myself to take a break both from posting and boot wearing. It started when I saw the movie K-PAC on TV last week. I’m not sure what clicked but at the end of the movie I decided to see if I could lead a little more normal life (everybody can have their own definition of normal but mine included not wearing thigh boots [or heels or skirts or ...]) for a while. I went for a week and two weekends without heels and a bit longer without posting here. I’m not sure what I was expecting but my world kept going and I don’t think there were any problems. This last Monday night I stopped at Sam’s on the way home. I was wearing a blue short sleeved dress shirt, black baseball cap, blue denim shorts, and I pulled on my blue thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels for the first time in a week and a half. They didn’t feel great or exciting or anything, they just felt like my boots. The temperature was well into the 90’s so I didn’t spend much time outside. In the store I wandered around getting my stuff. No one seemed to pay any attention. In the checkout line I was the subject of another picture phone photograph. The young girl was trying to act like she wasn’t doing anything so I asked her, “Did you get the heels?” Several shaded of red later she laughed. I complemented the register clerk on her jeans and one of the other clerks asked me if these were the same boots I had worn several weeks ago. It was a nice Sam’s visit. I think I can honestly tell myself that I can wear thigh boots only because it’s a bit of an attention getting device and it’s fun. Tuesday, no boots at all. Only wore my wood sole sandals when I walked around the neighborhood tonight. Wednesday, ditto Tuesday but I did post this.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Sure, they are an attention getting device. Attention getting is fine in most situations. I think it's more important to know when not to wear them rather than when to wear them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I found this image on http://laarzen.punt.nl/

Posted Image

They may not be thigh boots from the front but from the back ... my goodness.

I'm sure there not available in a 14 so it may be time to get out the sewing machine.

Shafted -

For me it was getting worst than knowing when not to wear thigh boots, it was becomming a bit of an obsession, same thing with posting. It was time to stop and step back for a while.

Hi TBG,

Great postings and inner perspective on how you deal with those "voices" in your head. Man, I have been there so many times myself! For years I battled with "what is normal, am I normal, why do I do what I do, etc. etc. etc.". I am now 49 years old and I know we're around the same age group. It wasn't until I reached the age of 36 that I finally decided what my definition of normal was and how I fet into it. It came after my last big "purge". You knw the one where most everything gets turfed to the Salvation Army donation box, photo's get destroyed, scrapbooks get tossed. I discovered that "normal" is what I want it to be, not what others tell me it is. Since then, I have been me!

I would have to say THB that your high heel thigh high Boots is 100% absolutely normal for you. It may not be normal for the guy or gal next to you but then again what they see as normal may not be what you see as normal. Too many people try and conform to others view of normal but all normal is, is a concept in one's own mind.

TBG, be who you are as you only live once in this physical state you're in.

By the way, great photo of the brown leather back lace knee Boots and jeans, now that is a person who enjoy coordinating!

TBG, you may enjoy my Boot fashion groups......

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/welovebootsfashion1

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/welovebootsfashion

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ilovebootsfashion

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ilovebootsfashion1

Cheers,

david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I found this image on http://laarzen.punt.nl/

Posted Image

They may not be thigh boots from the front but from the back ... my goodness.

I'm sure there not available in a 14 so it may be time to get out the sewing machine.

Shafted -

For me it was getting worst than knowing when not to wear thigh boots, it was becomming a bit of an obsession, same thing with posting. It was time to stop and step back for a while.

Tis indeed incredible sight and perspective. I have taken a closer glimpse upon the site of this collection of wonderful boots. Call it a hint of wantonness haha. At least that is what I see to it ^^

If all is lost as it may seem,

in a cruel endless game,

I'd rather live to redeem,

than to die in shame!

I just went to the museum for the first time in several weeks. I wore a blue short sleeved dress shirt, black baseball cap, blue denim hip hugger shorts with a 2” inseam, hose, and blue leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The temperature was about 90F so the shorts really helped to stay comfortable.

As I drove in I saw that things were busy. When I walked in I asked the parking lot guard what was going on. He had never seen me before and I’m not sure he looked down, but he told me about all the activities going on in the museum that day. I thanked him and headed across the street to the museum. Two older ladies were walling toward me and both really stared. I smiled and commented, “There fun”.

One of the ladies said, “They really do look good though.”

I thanked her and headed on in. There were several people outside and although no one else said anything, they did notice.

The museum was busy so I grabbed a stool and headed for one of the upstairs galleries where I went to work sketching. Lots of folks came through and everyone was polite which means they didn’t walk in front of someone who was sketching.

I went to the Impressionist gallery and started to sketch again. The guard came by and chatted with me for a while then a museum tour came through. The tour guide (young lady, museum employee) asked me if I would move for a few minutes because the picture I was working on was the tours next stop. I said, “I don’t mind at all”.

She went on, “I know your here all the time and I love to watch you sketch.”

Posted Image

ROCKS AT BELLE-ILE, PORT-DORMOIS - Monet

(This is much darker then the painting)

I stood up and move my stool and got in the back of the group. The guide talked about the painting then started asking questions. I was very interested in the answers because it gave me a different perspective on the painting. When she was done I asked, “Could I ask the group a question?”

“Sure!”

And the guy wearing thigh boots started, “Some of you said the seen was rugged, do you see the mountains as rock covered or forest covered?”

“Does anyone see the tree in the painting?” The guide looked at me with renewed interest. No one saw what I had been seeing so I walked up by the painting and indicated what I thought was there. The guide was blown away because she hadn’t seen what I was explaining until I pointed it out. The tour group seemed to enjoy the show.

There was an exhibition of 19th century court dancing going on in the great hall and they were having audience members partner with the dancers who were dressed in period costume. If it wasn’t for my total lack of choreographic skills (can’t dance at all) I wondered what would have happened if I had volunteered?

I put my stool away and walked around for a while and chatted with some of the other guards. In the gallery of Iranian pottery I wondered what Iranian art will be like 20 years from now when the current young generation starts making art?

All in all a good museum trip.

Zero -

Glad you liked the site. Unfortunately I don’t speak Dutch so all I can do is look at the pictures, but that was fun enough.

Iloveboots -

Thank you so much for the response. It’s good to know that someone else has “been there, done that”. But the way at the end on September I will join the ranks of the sexagenarians (I always thought it was hexagenerian but my dictionary corrected me). Cool category name huh?

I have never gone thought a “purge”. I have pitch out some stuff but it was because I no longer liked it or it finally fell apart but not because I thought I shouldn’t be wearing it.

No one has ever accused me of being “normal” and I think I would be offended if they did. My profession is IT and I’ve been at it for over 35 years, but even in that bunch ok crazies I’m still an oddity, partially because of my age, which gives me a different perspective on IT, but also because I get along with machines much better than I get along with people. That makes my wearing thigh boots in public an even odder thing for me to do. In IT, I really don’t want to be seen, but when I’m wearing my boots I really am looking for attention. (I might have to do some thinking about this.)

Your absolutely right though about only having one shot at this. If I don’t hurt anyone doing it, I might as well enjoy it.

I got to rummaging around the software on my PC and found an old video capture tool that came with the ancient video camera I have and I thought I would give it a try. I saw the videos that Stefani boots made and really enjoyed them. I didn’t have the wherewithal to do outside videos away from my PC so I just shot some stuff in the living room.

The format is the same for all the videos, me, thigh boots, guitar.

Thighbootguy playlist

I know, keep my day job. :evil:

Hey prettty good stuff there thighbootguy! I enjoyed it. I watched all three videos.

Hey guys, wore my flat heeled thigh boots outside for probably the first time since I bought them years ago. Wore them while playing with my dogs on a good sized chunk of property nearby to my house. I didnt get the dogs (border collie and kelpie) in the shot as they really didnt slow down while we were out there.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I could not walk in the damp sand wearing heels, and even my wedge boots were a bit of a problem with the uneven terrain. Unfortunatly it was 87 degree's out and humid, so it got a bit sweaty even just wearing that, oh well.

Have fun

Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

I wore my blue thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels today. I had on slacks and a long sleeved blue denim shirt when I stopped at Bigg’s this morning for lunch fixings. There was a bunch of employees on break by the front door as I walked in, some I knew and some I didn’t. I spoke to the folks I knew and seemed to take the superior edge off the other folks. Other than that it was a normal stop at Bigg’s in thigh boots.

After work I traded the slacks for blur denim shorts and stopped in Sam’s Club. I walked around a bit and caught several sideways glances but other than that no one bothered to notice. At the checkout the guy with the family behind me had his cell phone camera out and tried to pretend he hadn’t taken my picture. I think the next time I will comment that it’s polite to ask first. The checker at the exit asked where my white boots were since it was summer time. Like I’ve said, they kind of expect me to be wearing thigh boots when I come in.

Not a big boot day but I hadn’t worn them for several days and it was fun.

Shafted -

Thanks for the kind words.

JimC -

I have one pair I wear with the cuff folded down and another pair I wear with the cuff up like yours. I wear the pair with the folded cuff as "work around the house/yard boots" and they are about to fall apart. I’ve glued the soles back on twice and one is on it’s second zipper. By the time I finally wear them out they will probably be in shreds. Needless to say I like those boots.

Hey guys, wore my flat heeled thigh boots outside for probably the first time since I bought them years ago. Wore them while playing with my dogs on a good sized chunk of property nearby to my house. I didnt get the dogs (border collie and kelpie) in the shot as they really didnt slow down while we were out there.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I could not walk in the damp sand wearing heels, and even my wedge boots were a bit of a problem with the uneven terrain. Unfortunatly it was 87 degree's out and humid, so it got a bit sweaty even just wearing that, oh well.

Have fun

Jim

Jim: 87 degrees - phew!! :evil:

I like those boots though - I bet they'd be great in the winter!

I went out with the video camera again.

Doing one person productions is kind of fun. The equipment is awful but it's all I have at the moment.

I went to a local park and walked around a bit. Nothing fancy, just walking. This is the first time I have seen my look from another persons point of view. I may have to start paying a little more attention to the overall look rather than just seeng the boots then I look in the mirror.

Thighbootguy Out and About

When I clicked on the link, I got a message saying "you do not own this playlist", but thankfully, I just had to search for "thighbootguy" and I found the video here instead. VERY nice video! I enjoyed it immensely! Thank you TBG!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Thanks, ShockQueen! I found it. Cool vid thighbootguy, liked the garden one too.

Guys -

Thanks for the kind words about the videos. I apologize for the bad links. When I set them up I was logged into youtube and “It worked fine for me” (typical IT excuse). If someone knows how to publish a playlist to folks that are not logged youtube please send me a PM. It looks like a link directly to the video works so I updated the URL in the post.

I've got a pair of 4" knee-high black leather knee-high boots from Gabrielle Rochelle. I'm wearing them now for reasons of support, and have worn them out numerous times betwen now and when I got them during the early Fall of 2005.

I just saw your 2 videos (the garden & the park ones) & you look SO natural walking around in your thighboots!!! :evil: I love your short black leather skirt, too! :D please make more of them! thanks, Brad

Just came back form a fun museum trip. I wore a tan short sleeved knit shirt, white shorts, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The temperature was about 90F so there wasnt much messing around outside but the museum was quite comfortable.

I walked in and round the museum before I headed for my favorite gallery. I got a couple of sideways glances but nothing out of the ordinary. (Yes, I appreciate that a guy wearing thigh boots with heels is saying there was nothing out of the ordinary.)

I got to my gallery and settled in sketching. A few minutes later a lady with a camera (real 35mm SLR) said, “Excuse me but I see you over here all the time, and in this gallery”

“And in front of this painting”

“It is one of my favorites. ... Would you mind if I took your picture?”

“No, not at all.”

“Your always sketching, and your boots... Are you an artist?”

“No, I just come over here to unwind.”

“I’ll send you a copy if you want.”

“Nah, that’s Ok”.

“Well if you change your mind, I’m over here all the time.

I went back to my sketching and she took several pictures.

I went on to another gallery and set down my stool and went to work again. Another lady stopped by and commented on my sketch. We talked about the painting for a while then she said, “I like your boots, there wild.”

I thanked her and said “There is another painting in this gallery I want you to see” and I stood up and we walked to where the paint was two weeks ago. There was another painting in the space. I asked the guard where the other painting was, and he didn’t know. Anyway we chatted and walked around the gallery a bit more and bid each other a good day.

A few minutes later a very attractive young lady stopped by and commented on my sketch. We also chatted about the painting and walked around the gallery with me pointing out interesting stuff.

I left the museum and stopped by the thrift emporium on the way home. As I was walking in a car drove by and slowed up and an attractive lady commented, “Fantastic”.

I gave her a thumbs up and she returned it with a kind laugh.

In the store I wandered around but didn’t see any thing I really wanted so I headed back to the car.

This was a nice afternoon outing.

demoniaplatforms -

Thanks for the kind words. I'll make more when/if I can.

dr1819 -

"reasons of support" ?? Whats going on?

Sunday was a good boot wearing day. First, I went to the Art Museum (pervious post), then I went to an outdoor Shakespeare play (Midsummer Night Dream) put on by the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company. This was an evening performance but the sun was still up at 18:30 when I arrived at the park. I wore a short sleeved tan knit shirt, blue jeans, and blue leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

I parked about a block away from the pavilion entrance and walked to the show. The pavilion is set up like a band shell (the acoustics are good) with park bench seating. Posted Image

The pavilion is at the bottom of a sloping hill with paved walkways down the center aisle. Walking down a steep slop with 5” heels isn’t easy and does not lend itself to graceful walking. All I could do was lean back a little, to keep the center of gravity over my heel, and shorten my stride (for the amusement/amazement of the folks behind me).

I saw a couple of folks notice my boots but for the most part no one seemed to care.

The play was great. No lighting other than the pavilion white lights, no sound system, two wooden boxes for props, and 6 great actors who kept the audience riveted to the stage and toughly enjoying the play (standing ovation).

It was dark when I walked back to the car and the boots blend in with the jeans so they didn’t stand out too much.

I had a great time and I think they are going to do Hamlet at a different park next week. I’m going to try very hard to make that play also.

vector –

I bid the gentleman a good morning as I passed him and he returned the greeting. Most folks really don’t care.