Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

When I clicked on the link, I got a message saying "you do not own this playlist", but thankfully, I just had to search for "thighbootguy" and I found the video here instead. VERY nice video! I enjoyed it immensely! Thank you TBG!

I've loved Pachabel's Canon ever since I saw the movie To Fly at the National Air and Space Museum when I was in high school.

Here's a few more!

Personally, I think JerrC does the best job, but none of them hold a candle to another one I came across a couple week back - the guy was in his mid-late thirties and was about twice as fast and accurate as any of them.

Some days nobody notices, other days all the spotlights are on. Today was one of the other days. I stopped at Bigg’s on the way to work wearing a short sleeved knit shirt, white shorts and black leather thigh boots with 5” heels. The lady in line behind me really wished I wasn’t there. But the register clerk knew me and we had a nice chat.

On the way home, I stopped at Walgreens drug store. As soon as I walked in there was a loud chuckle at the register. As I walked around, I overheard several, “did you see that”, “I don’t believe that”, and there were several that peeked around the isle just to look.. The best part was when I got to the register the police were there taking a theft report. As I followed the police man out the door, the theft alarm went off. I went back in and the manager apologized. It seems the register clerk had failed to run an item over the anti-theft deactivation device (he must have been distracted by something). The manager, by the way was the only one in the store that seemed Ok with my boots.

What a fun day.

dr1819 -

The Fair Acoustic Version is really a different style of guitar playing and I really enjoyed it. The electric versions, alas, were not my style.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

This morning I stopped at Bigg’s wearing a tan short sleeved shirt, white shorts and my black leather crotch boots with 5 ¼” stiletto heels (Tony's U). The shorts only have a 2” inseam and the boots come up just past the shorts cuff. My thigh boots stop 3” below the cuff. I don’t wear these boots too often because they are not as comfortable as my thigh boots but every once in a while is fun. Several folks that normally just glance at my boots took a second look, but other than that no one seemed bothered at all. The lady in line behind me didn’t know what to think but that is often the case. I have worn these boots with jeans several times and no one noticed, but this is the first time I have worn them with shorts, and white shorts at that. It really is the contrast that draws the eye. The videos seem to be getting more attention than I thought they would. I’m not sure what I was thinking when I put them up but I’m thinking it over again. I removed the search tags for leather skirt which seems to generate twice as many hits.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

The Fair Acoustic Version is really a different style of guitar playing and I really enjoyed it. The electric versions, alas, were not my style.

I wish it'd been longer - sounded interesting.

I had a roommate when I was a freshman in college who'd studied classical guitar for 11 years. Many a night I fell asleep to his practice, and have loved classical guitar ever since. He could play anything, and would have put this guy to shame, as he could play entire flamenco dance riffs with one hand (although he preferred both due to the richer sound). He never did 12-string or electric - he was dedicated to the 6-string acoustic and could make it do pretty much anything he wanted it to. At least once a month he played with one philharmonic orchestra or another, and was never absent during any local concert.

In later years, I thanked him for his dedication and he said that after I fell asleep my snores were so regular he adjusted his timing to play in accordance with them, as playing against them sucked. He said several times he opened the door and played as hallmates listened to my snoring and his playing. I do have one recollection of waking up briefly to some of them laughing, not knowing what it was about, and falling asleep, and it's probably during one of those moments.

Ahhh... College days.

I have been having fun with my Tony style U leather crotch boots with 5” stiletto heels. As I said in the last post I wore them yesterday morning. I also stopped at Sam’s on the way home and wore them with white shorts and the combination seems to get more attention than my regular thigh boots. I asked the register clerk what she thought of them and got one of those “If you like them” answers. I wore them this morning at Bigg’s with blue denim shorts with a 2” inseam. The kid (highschool) that seemed to notice them the most was with his family and had earrings on both ears and two in his lower lip. Some time ago I ran a seam up the back of these boots to tighten the shaft from above the knee to the top and they now fit tightly on my whole leg. This makes the boots look good and feel great. I have mentioned that these boots were not as comfortable as my other thigh boots so this morning I put a insole in them that is designed for high heeled pumps. Only the front part of the insole is there and it is cut with a pointed toe. This seemed to help but the boots are still a little uncomfortable and difficult to walk in. Just for laughs, I compared these Tony size 14 boots to my Ellie size 14 boots and discovered the Tony boots run very small. The Tony boots are clearly marked size 14 but they looked like a 12. They are at least ½” narrower and ¾” shorted than the Ellie boots. No wonder they felt small and the smaller sole does not give me as much stability as I am used to. The Tony sole and vamp are also more flexible than the Ellie so the shoe does not offer the support I am used to. I’ll still wear them but not for long walks. I suspect they were not designed for walking anyway :evil: .

I stopped at Bigg’s this morning wearing denim shorts, long sleeved white shirt, and my black leather crotch boots with 5” stiletto heels. This outfit does seem to get a bit more attention than the thigh boots do. I’m not sure if it’s the boots with shorts combination, or the look that these boots present with a long leg line terminating with the thin 5” heel. The outfit does look good especially when I remember to throw my shoulders back and pull in my stomach.

Posted Image

After work I stopped in the pet food store and wore the same outfit. There were two young ladies running the store and I gave them my order (I buy cat food by the case). While one was in the stock room filling my order, I wandered around the store then back to the register. When she finished ringing up my order, she asked if I needed help to the car. I said no that I’d make two trips, but she picked up part of the food and came out with me anyway. I asked, “Is it problem my wearing these when I come in?”

She smiled and said, “No, there cool.”

That’s a nice way to end a shopping trip.

I shot another video this morning. I really do stop at Bigg’s wearing thighboots each morning on the way to work.

Thighboot guy goes shopping

This morning I was wearing my blue thighboots with 5” stiletto heels with jeans. As I went by the bakery I asked the clerk, who I thought really didn’t approve of my choice of footwear, “Do you like these any better than the black pair I was wearing earlier in the week?”

She looked a little perplexed as if she didn’t want to admit she liked either pair but said, ”No, I like the black pair.”

I thanked her but you could have knocked me over with a feather. The black pair are my Tony crotch booth that I had been wearing with shorts.

I went to Sam’s this afternoon and wore a short sleeved blue dress shirt, blue denim shorts and my blue leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. These boots really are just another pair of shoes that I hardly think twice about wearing (and no, I’m not becoming complacent). I had some time so I walked all over the store. Some folks noticed my boots but most just went about their business. I did meet one family (grandmother, mother, daughter) that were all type “A” folks. As I walked by I heard, “OooEee look at them boots.” (grandmother) “Wow” (Mother) “Hey there cool.” (Daughter) “Thanks.” (Me) “They sure look good” (Daughter) “Are the 4 inch?” (Mother) “5... but on a size 14” (Me) “Wow, they look good on you.” (Daughter) I thanked them again as they went by. At the checkout I did stand in the longest line. The register clerk had seen be several times before and I complemented her on her slacks again (denim Capri with embroider design). Out side there was a collection of high school girls selling something for their school. I thought about walking over and buying something but then I thought I would leave well enough alone. Fun outting.

Awesome responce from the ladies of three generations there thighbootguy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Sunday night was Shakespeare in the Park. The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company is giving productions in parks all around the Greater Cincinnati area. Last night 6 excellent actors did Hamlet with only a wooden box for a prop and had the audience riveted to the performance until it started to rain. Nobody wanted to leave and the director had to come out on the stage and make the actors quit.

I went to the performance wearing a knit shirt, black baseball cap, jeans, and blue leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

I parked a block from the band shell, got out my lawn chair, and walked up to the information desk and got a program. The folks at the desk were from the theatre company and they didn’t even glance at my boots. This was a much smaller park than last week so I walked down the hill a little way and set down my chair and settled in. A group settled in beside me and didn’t act like they even noticed my boots. Lots of folks walked by me and no one seemed to even give a second glance.

At night, the boots blend into the jeans but the sun was still up when I got to the park and walked in. I figured the folks at the information desk were “theatre folks” and wasn’t surprised when they didn’t say anything, but I was expecting a little reaction from the rest of the crowd. … Nothing.

[After writing that last paragraph, I might have expected the “theatre folks” to complement my attire. Maybe they just didn’t like it.]

If things keep going like this, I might start to believe a guy can wear thigh boots with 5” heels out in public.

This morning I wore a knit shirt, blue denim shorts and my black leather crotch boots with 5” stiletto heels into Bigg’s. I had some extra time so I wandered around the store. I was early and the place was almost empty (except for the stock crews). I really am starting to like the feel of these boots on my legs (even if they are a little small).

I remember when I first considered wearing thigh boots with shorts back in May 2005. What a difference a year makes. I remember not being too happy with the reception I was getting but today no one seems to care. [looks like some of the photos I referenced on that page are no longer available, I’ll have to repost them.

vector –

Bravery has nothing to do with it. Confidence, however, is another story. I like the look and I don’t mind being seen.

I went shopping last night and this morning wearing shorts and black leather Tony style U thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

Last night I stopped in PetSmart to get some kitty supplies and ran into a neighbor that lives several doors up the street from me. I had a shopping cart but I don’t see how she couldn’t notice that I had on black thigh boots with shorts. Anyway, we chatted about cats for several minutes before she walked away. She didn’t say a word or even look at my boots. After she walked away I loaded my cart (cat litter) and was in her full view he looked.

This morning I stopped at Bigg’s for lunch fixens. I asked the register clerk, who had seen me all week, if these boots looked Ok with shorts and she said they looked fine.

I did shoot a video of going into the store with these boots and shorts.

Thighbootguy Shopping

I have said that I suspected the folks at Bigg’s, where I stop in almost daily wearing thigh boots, would notice more if I didn’t wear them than if I do. Well, this morning I proved my suspicion. I was in a hurry and I stopped in wearing slacks and my work shoes. The folks that normally say Hi still said Hi but the register clerk (who never comments on my boots) asked, “No boots today?”. “No, I was really in a hurry.” “Well, see you tomorrow.” I stopped in the Goodwill (thrift store) at lunch and bought a new pair of Gloria Vanderbild shorts (99¢). These are high waisted shorts with a ¾" inseam. These will look good with thigh boots. Since I've started wearing thigh boots with shorts, I made a new avitar.

tbg: well, at least you know some of the people at Biggs -do- look at your face so they know you even if your not 'the boot guy'. :evil: Great to hear of your further adventures, let us know if your neighbor says anything down the road. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Well I wore the Gloria Vanderbild denim shorts with a blue dress shirt and my blue leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels when I went to Bigg’s this morning. The same register clerk I had yesterday noted, “You wore your boots today”.

“Yeah, I had time this morning. … I just found these shorts yesterday, how do they look?”

“They look Ok if you like that … Do you like them ?”

“Yeah, I do.”

“Then there Ok”

She has commented before that she really didn’t like my style of dressing, but she really is a nice lady and one of my favorite clerks at Bigg’s.

These shorts are really short and the cuff flairs almost like a short skirt with the front and back joined in the middle. They are a little breezy but very comfortable. The top of my thigh boots come within 6” of the cuff of the shorts. Most shorts I have either meet the top of the boots or leave a 2-3” gap and are tight on my leg. This pair also had a higher waist than some of my other pair. The high waist, short length and flair all combine to really show off my boots. It would not be appropriate to bend over while wearing these shorts.

Posted Image

This is as close of an image as I have been able to find. This pair has a 6 1/2" inseam. Mine have a 1/2" inseam.

Posted Image

This is as close of an image as I have been able to find. This pair has a 6 1/2" inseam. Mine have a 1/2" inseam.

TBG)- six inches is a lot on a pair of shorts that size. No I won't make any schoolboyish jokes about you having a lot of balls, but more power to you, and if people don't like it fine - if they do fine.

I put together another Thighbootguy video of me just puttering around the house. I am wearing my new G.V. shorts and black thigh boots with 5”stiletto heels. They don’t look as short as they really are but they are designed to make your legs look long. This is done by having a high waist and a short inseam so the whole garment wears higher on the body than normal shorts. The waist band is right below my lower rib.

Thighbootguy around the house

TBG:-) The store people are so used to seeing you in thighboots that they really notice when you don't have them on and make a comment about it. This just proves that you can wear thighboots any time, any day. Congrats! Your braver than I, my friend. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

@TBG I watched your vid in the garden. I have to say that i noticed that a man wearing a nice leather skirt and boots can look very normal, almost natural. Good stuff.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Hi TBG....awesome videos!

Thank you for sharing,

david

I put together another Thighbootguy video of me just puttering around the house. I am wearing my new G.V. shorts and black thigh boots with 5”stiletto heels. They don’t look as short as they really are but they are designed to make your legs look long. This is done by having a high waist and a short inseam so the whole garment wears higher on the body than normal shorts. The waist band is right below my lower rib.

Thighbootguy around the house

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

• 2 weeks later...

I had a couple of nice boot outings over the weekend. I went out wearing a long sleeved blue denim shirt with the cuffs rolled up, blue denim shorts, and blue leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. (As often as I have written a description that says “I wore… and thigh boots”, I am still struck by the fact that I’m really doing that).

First I went to PetSmart for cat food. The clerk on duty was the one I had ask if my wearing boots was a problem. She had told me it wasn’t a problem at all and that they looked cool. Anyway when I went is she was busy but threw me a nice smile and a Hi. There were two other customers in the store, a lady with a small dog did give my boots a second glance and then just accepted that there was a guy wearing them. The other customer was an older man who stared at my boots and heels for a while and looks like he was going to say something then either thought better of it or thought why bother. (If he had said something I was going to complement his Mickey Mouse shirt). When the clerk got around to me she was as cheerful and nice as she was when I ask about me wearing boots in the store. She helped me carry my stuff out to the car. I didn’t mention that I would have rather made two trips just for the walking fun.

Next I went to a Sam’s that I don’t normally go into. The folks there were not used to seeing me (or anyone for that matter) wearing thigh boots. I got a couple of second takes from the customers but most didn’t bother to react at all. One clerk was a little short with his answer to my “where can I find…” question but other than that I just had a lot of fun walking all over the store finding my stuff.

When I got to the checkout, the clerk was saying something to the elderly couple in front of me about the good prices so when I got to the clerk I said, “In addition to the good prices, there’s the entertainment value I provide (and nodded toward my boots).”

She looked at my boots and said, “Those are great boots”.

“Thank you”

“They really do look good”.

The lady behind me joined in the conversation with, “I couldn’t walk in those”.

The clerk said, “I’m looking for Cheryl, she’d really like those.”

We had finished so I bid them a good day and headed out.

Next I stopped in the big thrift emporium just for a look around. I had to park a good distance from the store and got to walk past the store with the mirrored windows. In the store I overheard a few “Oh my God” comments after I had left an isle but no one seemed to be too bothered. I didn’t find anything I wanted so I headed back to the car. Sa I was walking a lady with a real type “A” personality shouted out to me, “I love those boots”.

I called back a “Thank you”.

She walked over to me and asked, “Where did you get them?”

“There on the WEB, I got these at howcool”.

“Do they have them in purple or black?”

“I’ve seen them in black but not purple”.

“Purple is my favorite color. How much were they?”

“Around $60”.

“Wow that’s great I spent over $100 for mine. They really look great”.

“Even on a guy”?

“I knew you were a guy”.

“I know, but do they look good with a guy wearing them”?

“Yeah, they look great, if you like ‘em, wear ‘em and don’t give a rip what anyone else thinks”.

We bid each other a good day.

Last I went to Radio Shack for some batteries. I walked in and the clerk (lady) came out from the back room. The expression was priceless. She was filling my order as other customers came into the store and the other clerk came out of the back. He gave me a rather hard look, which I ignored and continued to pay for my stuff. The other customers didn’t seemed too bothered. I walked back out to the car and headed home.

This was a fun outing.

Folks -

Thanks for the kind words on the videos.

I’ve been stopping at Bigg’s all week wearing a dress shirt, slacks and pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. No one even seems to notice anymore. Today I wore jeans with a black turtleneck and my blue thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I think the these boots with the 5” heel are easier to walk in than the pull on pair with 4” heels. The 5” boots are a little tighter especially with the ankle zipper and are a little more stable.

At lunch I went to the local Goodwill (thrift shop) and spotted a pair of tan suede slacks that match the suede jacket I was wearing. For $4.50 I couldn’t pass the up. There not made for a belt and worn with my jacket it a lot of tan leather. I’ll have to find something to break it up a bit. A tall pair of boots comes to mind but I haven’t had a chance to try that yet. The only way to gauge women’s leather clothing is to try it on. I normally wear a 14-16 in women’s jeans and these slacks are marked 12 but they fit very comfortable and are not tight at all.

I didn’t stop anywhere on the way home. It’s been a busy week and I’m looking forward to getting some sleep.

JimC -

I was hoping someone would notice the new avatar. It took a bit of fussing to make it. Glad you like it.

This afternoon I went to a Sam’s I don’t normally go to get some groceries. I was wearing a tan leather jacket, black turtleneck, jeans, and blue leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. This is the same store I went to last week where I got the nice comments. I shopped all over the store just to be shopping then I picked out my stuff and headed for the register. The line I picked had a cute clerk and was also a ling line. W chatted as she rang up my stuff and when she was done I asked, “Are these too much for this part of town?” She said, “You’ve been in my line before.” “Really?” “Yeah, last time you were wearing black ones.” “I’m sorry, I really didn’t remember.” “Well, I wasn’t wearing something distinctive to remember”. “I wont forget again.” We bid each other a good day with big smiles. Thinking back, I still don’t remember her but I do remember talking with a register clerk about my boots and having another passing clerk comment on them, but this was months ago. It must have been the same clerk. I guess a guy wearing thigh boots is more memorable than I thought.

Thighbootguy:-) A guy wearing thighboots would be much more memorable to the public than you may think, as to my co-worker the day that you visited the Science Center where I work. He still hasn't forgotten your image. You made a good impression on him for sure. I also noticed your new Avatar pic, but only mentioned it just now as I haven't posted for a while. Was on vacation. Cheers--- Dawn HH .

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Dawn's hit the nail on the head. How many people have ever seen a man wearing thigh boots? The first time you see something you've never seen before which you weren't expecting it's a surprise. They've all got used to you, the shock factor has gone.

• 2 weeks later...