Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

This morning it was trying to rain so I stopped in a parking lot before I got onto the expressway and applied a RainX treatment to my windshield. I was wearing jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I noticed a couple of heads turning as traffic went by. :roll: After I got on my way, I had a fun encounter at Bigg’s. I stopped as I normally do and got my stuff and went to the register. The register clerk, who I think had seen me before, was a bubbly bright young lady. She rang up my stuff and we were chatting. As I was leaving, and standing in full view, I said, “Hey, its Friday, I get to wear jeans at work and my tall pair”, and turned my foot to show the heel. She gave me a big grin and a laugh and said, ”It doesn’t get any better than that.” I returned the smile and repeated, ”It doesn’t get any better than that.” We bid each other a great day. What a fine way to start her day.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Had an interesting boot morning.

I took off work for a couple of hours in the morning to get my auto license renewed. This involves taking the registration and money to the county court house and going in to process the registration.

I was wearing slacks and a shout sleeved knit shirt and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels.

To say the crowd around the courthouse was not used to seeing a guy (or anyone) in thigh boots is an understatement. Every head turned as I crossed the street. As I got about half way across the street, my heel felt like I had stepped into soft tar and I was thinking, how am I going to get this off. It felt the same way on the next step so I looked down to see that I had broken a heel right in the middle. I thought about going ahead but I decided to head back to the car and change into the 5” pair I had with me.

I turned around and headed back to the car to the amusement/amazement of all the onlookers. I changed into the black leather thigh boots with 5” heels but I wore them cuffed down to below the knee height. It was back to the court house and I turned all the heads again.

When I got to the registration there was no line but the clerk asked for a document I didn’t have with me. I had left it in the car so it was back to the car (and all the heads turned again) and back in. I finished the transaction and walked back out. At least this time there was a different group of people that all turned and stared.

Since I had a few minutes I took the boot with a broken heel to the cobbler in town. I had been to him before and wore boots into the shop. This time there was a guy on the shoeshine stand who had never seen a guy in boots with heels before. That is my assumption anyway based on the fact that his chin hit the ground. The cobbler said he would have to order the heel and it would take several weeks.

I then headed toward work but stopped at Sam’s for gas and some munchies. At the gas pump there was a clerk (lady) there to monitor and help. We chatted for a minute then as I was leaving I said, “I need an opinion, do these look better tall or short?” I uncuffed one of my boots to full length.

She looked for a few seconds and said, “As warm as it is, I would wear them short. But either was they look good. They really do look good.”

I thanked her and headed into the store. The store opened at 10:00 and I was a few minutes early so I stood in the crowd waiting to get in. Most people noticed the guy in boots and heels. One older fellow mad a point to point me out to his buddies. I couldn’t hear the comments but at least I gave them something to talk about besides the weather.

Since I was in the store in the morning, many of the staff on that shift had not seen me before and I turned a few heads especially since I wasn’t using a cart.

When I walked back to the car I heard some peels of laughter behind me from a group of middle aged women.

This was a fun morning. I was confident with my look (even though the temperature started to get warm). The head turning is part of the fun. It is just that it was so different from the “no reaction” I have been getting that it came as a surprise.

dawnhh -

I'll bet today's outting made an interesting morning for lots of people.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Your right, thighbootguy. The head turning is definitely part of the fun. I sometimes wonder if I could break peoples necks by simply running circles around them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Today it was too warm to venture out far in thigh boots so I spent a nice morning in air conditioning with my guitar. The boots don’t make it sound any better but it adds to the fun.

Posted Image

tbg: Great to hear of your continuing adventures wearing thigh boots. I will be in Orlando tomorow/wed and plan to bring my 4" thigh boots to wear, although I might wear knee boots for shoe shopping as they are -alot- easier to remove/replace. I do plan to wear them when finding a place to eat though. Have fun Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Since I had my white pair out, I wore them with jeans to Bigg’s this morning. It is cool enough in the morning to wear them especially with the air conditioning in the car turned on (I don’t normally run it). I was expecting that the white boots would attract more notice, and maybe they did, but I got no reactions from anyone. I’ll have to try wearing them with shorts like I did in the picture in my last post.

JimC –

Going out to eat in thigh boots is a lot of fun. Believe it or not, a lot of the time no one notices what you are wearing. Many times the only person that noticed what I was wearing was the waitress that seated me and that was because I was standing right in front of her as I walked in the door. Most of the dinners are too busy with their food, and the waitresses/waiters are too busy to notice shoes. The exceptions are fast food places when you have to stand in line for a while. There people have nothing else to do but notice, and that’s part of the fun.

I have often called upon the waitresses/waiters knowledge of the local area and asked them it they thought it would be a problem if I wore my boots to _______ (wherever I wanted to go). I have gotten some nice complements and good advice that way.

This morning I pushed the envelope a little further. I stopped at Biggs wearing a black baseball cap, long sleeved white shirt, white shorts, white hose and white leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I hadn’t had time to look at this outfit in a full length mirror, but in my minds eye I thought it would be Ok. After I saw my reflection in the glass door at the store I quit worrying. I keep saying that contrast attracts attention and there was no contrast in this outfit (except that I was the only person that was wearing thigh boots) The shopping was uneventful. I walked around and got my stuff and headed to the register. The clerk was a young lady that had never seen me before. She was cleaning the register station when I walked up and there was surprise registered on her face. I asked if she was open you and she said she was open on one of the other registers. We walked to the other register. So far she knows that I’m polite and can walk in 5” heels. “So how did you get so lucky to get the morning shift?” “Oh, it’s not too bad, you get off early.” “This is the first time I’ve worn these with shorts. How does it look?” She seemed surprised that I had asked but not uncomfortable that I did. She took a second look and said, “It looks Ok. I could never walk in them.” “Oh, that’s just practice” We bid each other a good day. In the car I changed into my dark grey work slacks but left my boots on under the slacks. I haven’t worn them this way for so long I had forgotten what it looked like. Remember its contrast that attracts attention. The sight of a white boot with a 5”heel coming out of my trouser leg really caught my eye. I think the outfit I wore this morning would attract less attention that the white boots under the dark grey slacks.

This morning I stopped at Bigg’s wearing a blue long sleeved shirt, white shorts, black opaque hose, and white thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I will wear my black pair of boots anywhere but I’m still getting comfortable with the white pair. I’m not sure why it makes a difference since in everyone else’s eyes a guy in thigh boots with heel is so over the top anyway that the color doesn’t make any difference.

Anyway, as I walked in I passed a member of the cleaning staff that was taking a break. This guy has always looked at me coolly like he didn’t know what to think. I bid him a good morning and he seemed a little surprised but brightened up and returned my greeting.

In the store I gathered my stuff and headed to the register. One of the staff saw me and bid me a good morning. At the register I was third in line. The lady in front of me gave me a once over then seeing that I only has a few items, invited me to go ahead of her.

I declined saying that I wasn’t in a hurry.

After my stuff was rung up (the register clerk knew me well) the lady in front of me was still bagging her stuff. I went to the bagging station and bagged my stuff and asked her, “Is this too much?”

She looked me over again and said, “It looks Ok.” She said it with a nice smile and a little enthusiasm.

I thanked her and headed out.

As I left I told the cleaning staff guy to “Have a good day” and he gave ma a smile and said “You too”. Since he had always looked at me like I was from another planet, I thought this was a good start on the day.

I posted the rest of the days outting on Boots and Skirts in Public.

I’ve had two interesting outings today. Both times I was wearing a gray T shirt, black baseball cap, white shorts, and white thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels cuffed to knee length. First I went to the cobbler to have heel tips replaced on my granny boots. I had to park over a block away and walk to the shop. There were several people on the street and from their reaction, they got an eyeful. No one said anything, but I did turn a few heads. I have been to the cobbler shop several times before and each time I wore a pair of thigh boots so he was expecting me to be wearing a pair. He was congenial as always and replaced the heel tips while I waited. He also has a shoe shine stand in the shop. Next time I’ll wear a black pair and get a shine. Nest I went to the museum but these were so many people there that there was no parking at all. I decided I didn’t want to fight the crowd so I headed to the thrift emporium I often visit. As I walked across the parking lot, I heard a “Would you look at that” coming from two guys in a pickup. I turned and gave them a thumbs up. I wandered through the store for a while and this time I provided amusement many of the patrons. Lots of smiles and snickers all around. I didn’t see anything I wanted so I headed out of the front door. I held the door open for a family and outside the young girl in the family said, “He that guy is wearing heels”. I kept walking and the girls mom, in a loud voice said, “Ooo Eee look at those heels”, I turned and gave them a dig smile and she continued, “How do you walk in them? I could never walk in them.” I called back, “It’s just practice.” The lady continued, “You have more arch then I do. All I can wear are flats. I’ll have to work on that.” And she stood on her toes. “My sister would love those.” I turned back and said, “How about if they are full height?” and pulled the boots up to their full length. As I walked back to the car I was laughter of delight. These were fun outings.

Sounded like a great day there, thighbootguy! If you're writing I'm always reading.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thighbootguy I hope you don't mind if I use your thread. But I just wanted to let everyone know that I will soon become a proud owner of my own thigh boots. Through a stroke of luck I found these on ebay with a Buy It Now price of $17 US. And with shipping they're costing me a low $33.75 US... Or at least that seems like a good price to me. They're a black pvc/vinyl with a 5 inch heel and 1 1/2 platform. Enjoy the pic!

Posted Image

Those are great boots, Newfie! I have a pair myself in that same style and color. They're nice and comfy - especially once they're broken in. Enjoy!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

The PVC is soft and gives, so given a few wearings, they'll feel like your best friends in the world. I do like the look those have whether you wear them with skirts or pants (I know....why bother with pants?), but hey....makes for some nice looks :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Well actually i don't have any skirts. I've thought about picking up a blue denim one, around knee length. But I don't know, i doubt I could pull it off. These boots will prolly be for more "indoor play" anyway. Where I have a black vinyl tank top and short shorts to match :roll:

I feel I would like to introduce myself to you all. May I say I absolutely love this site, it is the meeting place of guys who I have so much respect for, guys who share their great pictures of their amazing boots.

I have worn boots all my life, I started by wearing my mums boots and then those of my babysitter who I built up a friendship with that lasts to this day as she is my mums friend. I have to laugh with tongue in cheek that when she cam round to the familly home for dinner I would be sitting there trying not to smile knowing she let me wear her boots.

Now I love to go out for a drive in my boots and in keeping with this subject I would like to show you some of my pictures, I just hope you like them.

Posted Image

These are a pair of boots that I had made for me some years ago, they are simillar to a pair that Fliss who is a lovely booted lady who lives in London wears.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are some boots that I wear when my friend Lesley and I go out in the car for a drive in the countryside.

They are crotch high boots from Afterdark Fashions in Australia and they go great over my jeans.

Lesley is a friend of mine who I live with and she is a bootlover herself and I am hoping that we are going to do pics of us in our boots for you all.

Crushinboots -

I had never picked up from your other posts that you were a thigh boot wearer. I have since gone back and read some of them and you did tell us you have a collection of them but ... I’ll just have to learn to read louder.

I like the look of both pair. Wearing thigh boots over jeans is still my favorite look. I don’t know if your situation will allow this but just wearing thigh boots for a drive in the country is only half the fun. Wearing them in a more public place can be a real hoot.

My build is a little heavier than you but I have similar receding hair that I wear in a pony tail. I find that a baseball cap really smoothes out the image I present.

If the rest of you guys don’t know who Fliss is click here.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and I am looking forward to seeing more and some of Lesley.

BobHH -

No one has ever accused me of being fashion savvy (after all I wear thigh boots with stiletto heels) but I hear the “retro look is in”. :roll:

I really like the paint style of the Dutch Masters from 400 years ago but the fashion style was a bit more decorative that I see being worn today. Their tall boots were balanced with fuller shirts and coats and real hats (unlike the baseball cap I wear).

It may be that the old guys saw something I haven’t realized. A hat balances the look of the boots. In my last post I suggested that Crushinboots might balance the look with a baseball cap. I think I’ll change that recommendation to a cap of some sort and I’ll start looking around for something different than a baseball cap to wear with mine.

I stopped at Bigg’s this morning wearing my white leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels for the first time this week. I have worn my granny boots under my slacks so far this week. Anyway, I had my thigh boots cuffed down to knee high and when I had paid for my stuff I asked the register clerk (who had seen me many times) if the boots looked better down or up? She looked at them and said, “No, I like them up.” I guess that’s the last time I’ll wear them down in Bigg’s. I think I should explain how I fold the boots down. I start with the whole top half of the boots folded down (inside out) and pull the boots on like that. Then I grab the top of the boot (near my ankle) and start pulling it up which folds it right side out. I keep pulling it up until it is the height I want. This leaves the cuffed part in the middle of the boot around my calf. The laces on the back of the boot are fully showing below my knee and the cuff in the boot. The boots don’t look bad like this and, especially in the summer, I have the choice of knee high or thigh high with the same boots.

Either I misunderstood what the register clerk said yesterday or she sent me a mixed message this morning. Today I wore my granny boots over my slacks (I have been wearing them under my slacks). I don’t like the look too much because the shaft of the granny boots is short and very tight. When they are worn over pants, other than very tight legged pants, the pant leg seems to balloon where it goes into the boot, but I thought I would give it a try again. This morning I asked the clerk what she thought of the granny boots and she said, “Those are much better … MUCH better”. So she likes the thigh boots worn tall, but really prefers the granny boots. I suspect if I quit wearing boots she would like that even better. Oh well you cant make everyone happy. :roll:

TBG:-) A wonderful outing you had and reading between the lines caused me to think that you had more enjoyment out of that than you have had for a while. A different twist, but good conversation for you from the people involved. Newfieguyinheels:-) That's a great looking pair of boots for you. I'll be looking for the pics when you start wearing them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

This was Friday and that meant blue jeans. I stopped at Bigg’s this morning and was really feeling good about wearing my white thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I don’t know what was going on but I was really looking forward to wearing my boots.

I walked in and gathered my stuff and headed for the register. The clerk was a young lady that has seen me several times before and she greeted me warmly. I said, “Hey, it’s Friday, I get to wear jeans, and with jeans I get to wear the tall pair”, and kicked my leg out to the side a bit.

She laughed and said, “I like those better than the black pair.”

“Really? I’ve got a pair in blue also.” I was dumbfounded that she noticed that I had a different pair and floored that she had an opinion about them.

“Yeah? Where do you get them?”

“On the Web”

Another patron came up to the register so we had to cut the conversation short.

I thought I felt good going into the store... Whee Hah what a way to start the day!

DawnHH -

Having folks comment on my boots is part of the fun and I really do enjoy it. Often when I’m out wearing boots I feel like I’m in my own little world. People tolerate “that guy in boots” but don’t make me part of their world . When someone comments about them (even negatively), they come into my world for a little while and I enjoy their company.

I stopped at Bigg’s this morning wearing my white thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels, a long sleeved white shirt, and slacks.

At the register there were two clerks that I see all the time and they both greeted me warmly. One of the ladies was the one that commented on my granny boots the other day. I asked her, “Do you really like those short granny boots I had on the other day better than these tall ones?”

She thought back to the conversation and said, “In the summer time, yeah”.

So the final score is she likes the thigh boots worn tall rather than knee length but likes the shorted boots in hot weather.

I saw these yesterday at the Goodwill (thrift store) for $5.

Posted Image

They are a size 11 and should be a 12 or 13 for me but the price was too good to pass and they do fit tolerably well. They are solid wood and there is no flex to these sandals at all. The sole is curved so that as your weight transfers to the front of the shoe as you walk, the curve forced the heel up. It took a few minutes to get used to walking in these but after a few steps it was natural and felt great.

I had an enlightening conversation this morning. I stopped in Bigg’s for my morning shop wearing a long sleeved white shirt, black baseball cap, blue denim shorts, hose, and blue thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. There was a crowd this morning. It looked like a bunch (8-12) guys were stocking up for a trip. Normally there is only one person in the checkout line, but this morning there were at least 5 carts. When I saw the crowd, I took my time and wandered around a bit but when I got to the front there were still 3 carts to go. To say that this crowd noticed my boots is an understatement but no one said a word. One of the manager types walked by and asked if they were waiting for someone and they said they were so he told me he would open up another register. I followed him to the register and the rest of the crowd stayed at the other register. I said, “I guess I gave them something to talk about for the rest of the day”. He laughed and said, “Maybe so.” “Let me ask you, is this too much?” “When I first saw you I thought it was funny, but since I see you all the time it’s just normal.” We bid each other a good day. Hey, if you see a guy in thigh boots with 5” heels often enough, it becomes a normal occurrence. Since I do tend to go to the same places, which may explain why I often think no body notices when I wear my boots. People see contrast and notice things that are different. If my boots don’t contrast my jeans/slacks people often don’t notice that I have boots on. The same way when a guy in thigh boots with 5” heels isn’t a different thing, people don’t notice. Looks like all my boot wearing, besides being a lot of fun, is paying off.

The contrast is why I tend to feel more comfortable wearing black jeans with my boots. I stayed in Miami Beach Wed night, but didnt wore my boots under my pants to go get dinner, when checking out I wore them over my blue jeans, and had a couple waiting behind me while the clerk finished the paperwork. I then had to take my 2 bags out to the main street to load my truck. Oh well, I should get a white pair and wait for the anual "White Party", where any style of dress or costume go's as long as it's white. Oh well, I was in key west for work earlier in the day, should have gotten a picture at the southernmost point wearing my boots. seeya

(formerly known as "JimC")