Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Those are wonderful boots! Love the styling and the heels! And proper leather too 

Thanks buddy!  And I found them just when I needed them, messed up knee, waiting for surgery.  Love wearing them over my jeans also.  

13 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Gotta meet up next time you layover in either Charlotte or Raleigh. 

For sure buddy, will let you know.  Don

I got these round toe boots from Macys, couldn't resist for $35.  Leather with zippers, fit nicely over the jeans and adidas pants.  

IMG_0405 IMG_0404 IMG_0403 IMG_0402 IMG_0401

I kinda like the way the boots look with the adidas gear, what do you guys think??

• Like 5

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I got these round toe boots from Macys, couldn't resist for $35.  Leather with zippers, fit nicely over the jeans and adidas pants.  

IMG_0405 IMG_0404 IMG_0403 IMG_0402 IMG_0401

I kinda like the way the boots look with the adidas gear, what do you guys think??

Easy all day heels 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

For sure, put at least a mile on them yesterday....Even with my bum knee

Well done, big difference between those and your red stiletto boots. Comfort is everything but we catch up someday bring both and we can test them accordingly. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Those are very nice boots.

Thanks guys!   They kind of give off a "riding boot vibe", love the tall shafts, fit my chicken legs pretty well.  

8 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Well done, big difference between those and your red stiletto boots. Comfort is everything but we catch up someday bring both and we can test them accordingly. 

Yeah, so frustrating not to be able to navigate the red boots with confidence and authority.  Someday perhaps.  Looking forward to meeting up soon in NC, giving both pairs a proper analysis!  Don

• Like 1

I know what you mean about stilettos. I’ve a couple pair of stiletto boots that I wish I could walk fluently in but my natural aesthetic taste is always fit block heels and so I always choose those whenever I decide to wear heels 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I know what you mean about stilettos. I’ve a couple pair of stiletto boots that I wish I could walk fluently in but my natural aesthetic taste is always fit block heels and so I always choose those whenever I decide to wear heels 

I love wearing my stiletto boots, but beat up the heels fairly quickly...

The red boots are attractive and very eye catching too a point where I don’t think, if they were mine, that I would wear them out and about in public.  I really like them.  But, I am conservative when it comes to wearing my heels in public and these boots, in my opinion, would draw more attention than I would want. There isn’t any way you could convince anyone that they weren’t created for women’s wear.

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

A few months ago I was making small talk with one of the excutives. She always compares heels with me. I had a pair of blue faux suede impo short sitlettos on (3.6 inch) and she said she wish she could find a blue boot as well. I told her that years ago when I got these, the style also came in black and red, but I only bought the black. Her responce, "Why didn't you get the red?"

I have three heels in red, two slitghty different styles of Jessica Simpson red suede stiletto booties (1.5 platform, 5.5+ heel) and a burgany Nine West leather knee high booties with a stiletto-ist 3.9 inch heels. I have to pick the time and place to wear them, but I do wear them.

• Like 2

Interesting talk about red shoes. I only own black boots, but I just counted, and I have 5 pairs of red shoes. They don't get a ton of wear, but as you can see from last week's photos, they do get some. The two pair that get the least wear are the most casual shoes of the bunch. Go figure.

13 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I love wearing my stiletto boots, but beat up the heels fairly quickly...

I am in the process of doing a semi-scientific durability test on my heels, but I can tell you already that stiletto tips just don't last very long, even with my careful stepping and light weight. A heel with twice the diameter of a stiletto will last at least 5x as long, all other things being equal. In my personal experience. Your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Interesting talk about red shoes. I only own black boots, but I just counted, and I have 5 pairs of red shoes. They don't get a ton of wear, but as you can see from last week's photos, they do get some. The two pair that get the least wear are the most casual shoes of the bunch. Go figure.

I am in the process of doing a semi-scientific durability test on my heels, but I can tell you already that stiletto tips just don't last very long, even with my careful stepping and light weight. A heel with twice the diameter of a stiletto will last at least 5x as long, all other things being equal. In my personal experience. Your mileage may vary.

I am not surprised by your initial findings.   As the width/diameter of a heel top piece doubles, its area quadruples and the pressure exerted for a given weight of wearer reduces to one-quarter of the original.   Allowing for 'rocking' and other differences, a five-fold increase in durability sounds about right.   But of course one's gait and the composition of the top-piece will likely make a lot of difference to overall longevity.   Your more detailed findings should be interesting - some PhD material there if the University of Life is receptive.

On 5/4/2024 at 10:30 PM, Bubba136 said:

The red boots are attractive and very eye catching too a point where I don’t think, if they were mine, that I would wear them out and about in public.  I really like them.  But, I am conservative when it comes to wearing my heels in public and these boots, in my opinion, would draw more attention than I would want. There isn’t any way you could convince anyone that they weren’t created for women’s wear.

I love wearing my red patent knee boots and I also have a pair of ankle red patent booties and a few pairs of red pumps and loafer pumps in several heel heights. I'm not afraid to draw attention to my heels in red colors, along with purple, green, white, royal blue and yellow and pink too!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bluejay said:

I love wearing my red patent knee boots and I also have a pair of ankle red patent booties and a few pairs of red pumps and loafer pumps in several heel heights. I'm not afraid to draw attention to my heels in red colors, along with purple, green, white, royal blue and yellow and pink too!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I so want a pair of red ankle boots, a white pair as well!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 9:09 PM, bluejay said:

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I want to wear them more publicly, but lack the confidence, skills to rock those heels properly.  I'm getting to the point where I have the confidence to rock red boots in most public settings, but my skills just won't allow it.  I just can't seem to break the 5" heel barrier.  I have no problems with my 4.5" nine west black stiletto booties though...

• Like 2

This afternoon, while reviewing some videos posted on YouTube, I happened upon one of a busker playing his guitar on Oxford Street in London.  The performance was magnificent.  But, what really caught my attention was the people in the background that you could see walking around behind him.  An excellent cross section view of everyday footwear worn by average men and women in London.  Men wearing sneakers and work shoes.  Women wearing sneakers and other flat shoes.  Occasionally you would catch a glimpse of a girl wearing a pair of ankle boots with low heels.  But no high heels.  Disappointing.If you stood on a corner here in my city you would see about the same pattern.  Except there would be more Crocks and sandal because of our warmer weather.

The video alone is worth watching.  The person performing, Miguel Montalbon, is playing his interpretation of “The Sultans of Swing.”

7 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I want to wear them more publicly, but lack the confidence, skills to rock those heels properly.  I'm getting to the point where I have the confidence to rock red boots in most public settings, but my skills just won't allow it.  I just can't seem to break the 5" heel barrier.  I have no problems with my 4.5" nine west black stiletto booties though...

I’ve been wearing 5” heels for years. As is normal for anyone learning to wear heels, it takes practice.  My system for learning to wear shoes with higher heels is to put them on, stand up and take 50 steps before sitting down. And, after resting for a while, doing another session increasing the number of steps. Important: Stop when you are tired. Began again the next day and increase the number of steps each session.

Edited by Bubba136
  • Like 3

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

9 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I should show you how with personal demonstration one of these days. 

2 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

This afternoon, while reviewing some videos posted on YouTube, I happened upon one of a busker playing his guitar on Oxford Street in London.  The performance was magnificent.  But, what really caught my attention was the people in the background that you could see walking around behind him.  An excellent cross section view of everyday footwear worn by average men and women in London.  Men wearing sneakers and work shoes.  Women wearing sneakers and other flat shoes.  Occasionally you would catch a glimpse of a girl wearing a pair of ankle boots with low heels.  But no high heels.  Disappointing.If you stood on a corner here in my city you would see about the same pattern.  Except there would be more Crocks and sandal because of our warmer weather.

The video alone is worth watching.  The person performing, Miguel Montalbon, is playing his interpretation of “The Sultans of Swing.”

I’ve been wearing 5” heels for years. As is normal for anyone learning to wear heels, it takes practice.  My system for learning to wear shoes with higher heels is to put them on, stand up and take 50 steps before sitting down. And, after resting for a while, doing another session increasing the number of steps. Important: Stop when you are tired. Began again the next day and increase the number of steps each session.

Yes you can get some really good buskers in London, especially around Covent Garden. And it sounds as though you saw a fairly representative cross section of people and footwear in London. The percentage of heel wearing is notably higher up north where I am. 

As for Crocs, there seem to be more of an American thing. We have them here but I'm struggling to recall seeing anybody wearing them out and about - my guess is they are more slip-ons for gardening or going to the beach

16 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Yeah, I'm kind of with you. I pretty much stop at 4 1/2". It's not that I can't physically walk in 5", but not up to my own standards. I always say that I'm going to master 5s one of these days, but I'm not really serious about it. I have way too many other things to worry about that are way more important than getting another 1/2" on my heels.

Same here - I can and do go around in 3-3.5” chunky heel boots. They’re my favourite style , the ones that are the most ‘me’ and so although I own a couple pair of stiletto boots - two pair of 4” boots and a pair of very nice chocolate brown 5” knee boots - they just don’t get chosen often, and because they don’t, I’ve not really practiced much in them and certainly not to the degree necessary to go anywhere in them without looking silly. And because I can’t walk gracefully in them there is even less chance of my wearing them other than experimentally around the house. Which then goes back to my natural aesthetic choice - a kind of closed circle 

8 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I should show you how with personal demonstration one of these days. 

For sure buddy, will let you know when I have a long layover in your area.  D

58 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Same here - I can and do go around in 3-3.5” chunky heel boots. They’re my favourite style , the ones that are the most ‘me’ and so although I own a couple pair of stiletto boots - two pair of 4” boots and a pair of very nice chocolate brown 5” knee boots - they just don’t get chosen often, and because they don’t, I’ve not really practiced much in them and certainly not to the degree necessary to go anywhere in them without looking silly. And because I can’t walk gracefully in them there is even less chance of my wearing them other than experimentally around the house. Which then goes back to my natural aesthetic choice - a kind of closed circle 

Exactly.  I'm not getting better in the red boots because I don't get enough practice.  Walking around the carpeted hotel room just doesn't cut it.  I don't venture out only because I struggle to walk confidently....

I don't have a ton of heels in red there are some killer ones among them. Not long ago I posted some pics of my Emigdia kneehigh boots with 6.25"/15.8cm stiletto heels which feel amazing. Did get a pair of red/black sandals recently with towering heels but haven't posted them. Red is a color of confidence and it will garner attention. But that's exactly what the wearer wants. HinH

• Like 2

On 5/11/2024 at 1:00 PM, pebblesf said:

Just to let you guys know that my heeled boots are not 5" stiletto but more in the 3-4" chunky heel category. I parted with stiletto heels several years ago., Chunky heels are my favorite heels these days!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1