Mr. X's travels

Mr. X

6 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I'm a rebel man Lol  That would probably explain the motorcycle jacket.  But honestly, I never new there was a set in stone rule about white.  But I geuss that makes me the bad boy!  I've never been the bad boy Lol

Oh, you rebel, you! HA! Meanwhile, the rules of fashion say you can only wear white between Memorial Day and Labor Day. You're a month early with those pants, my friend! Also, you must make sure your bag matches your shoes, I follow that rule religiously!  :cheeky:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

5 hours ago, JeffB said:

Oh, you rebel, you! HA! Meanwhile, the rules of fashion say you can only wear white between Memorial Day and Labor Day. You're a month early with those pants, my friend! Also, you must make sure your bag matches your shoes, I follow that rule religiously!  :cheeky:

Do the rules of fashion say anything about men wearing dresses and heels Lol  If so, I guess we better put back on our jenas and sneakers Lol

Another night of travel time for Mr. X.  The outing itself was short and uneventful, so I won't really go into much detail.  The boots I wore I have owned for a while.  I pcked them up in a thrift store.  The funny thing is this is the first time I actually looked inside for a brand name.  Now on to the outfit and the pics.

The outfit
1) black t shirt
2) black motorcycle style jacket
3) Aeropostale skinny jeans
4) Madden Girl calf high boots with chunkier heel
5) black Sienna Ricci handbag

002 (230x480).jpg

• Like 2

Another quick and enjoyable outing tonight.  Not much to report regarding the outing, so I won't bore you with the details.  Let's just get straight to the outfit and pics.

the outfit
1) red t-shirt
3) aerospostale skinny jeans
4) forever 21 ankle booties
5) sienna ricchi black handbag

003 (215x480).jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Time to report on my latest outing.  Usually I just skip to the outfit but not today.  I actually have some stuff to report.

I recently purchased a pair of black jeggings in a thrift store.  I had heard of them but never actually got my feet wet, until now.  They are American Eagle super stretch.  They fit tight but at the same time they are super comfortable.  With the incredible fit and feel I can easily see thesse being the basis for many a future outfit.  The weather today was more fall like than spring like, so I figured I could sport some boots today.  And that is exactly what I choose.  I had a pair of ankle boots I forgot I had.  I'm not even sure if I wore them yet!  The heels are quite high at 4.5 inches and they have some interesting zipper detailing on the front which look like a bunch of flowers.  Once the rest of my outfit was together I was out the door.

I went to my usual coffee spot for some internet time, laptop in tow.  I grabbed a table and surfed away!  With my location, and the way I was sitting my boots were clearly visible  Sitting at the next table, only feeet away, was a middle aged women I had seen there before a time or too.  And I found out later she must have seen me there a time or too as well!  Based on her accent She is European and/or Russian me thinks.  I am not sure if she is married, but she does have at least one kid who was with her at the time.  I have noticed her outfits in the past.  She is never overdressed but she is usually well put together.  And she usually has on boots or something footwear wise.  Today she had on some low heeled leopard print shoes.  Not really my cup of tea but still better than most of the footwear I see on people.  Anyhow, back to the story!

I spent a good couple of hours surfing and I was wearing some headphones most of the time.  She was at the table next to me the entire time so she got plenty of opprtunity to see my footwear.  As I was winding down and starting to pack up her table was leaving.  As she left she walk right past me and said.  I like your boots today, those are awesome!!  I thanked her as she walked away.  The fact that she used the word "today" means she has probably noticed me and my footwear there in the past.  I am probably there once or twice a week and have noticed her before, so that is almost a certainty!  Not only did it put a big smile on my face but it gave me an opening to compliment her in the future If something of hers catches my eye.  Bonus!  Well I could probably ramble all night but lets get to the outfit and pics shall we.

the outfit
1) black motorcycle style jacket
2) red t-shirt
3) American Eagle brand black jeggings
4) Attitude brand black ankle boots
5) Sienna Ricchi black handbag

002 (243x480).jpg

003 (480x360).jpg

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 5

Compliments like that are so great when you get them. I expect she truly feels this way and am figuring she has in the past as well. I expect she was just as uncomfortable approaching a stranger, especially a guy, to tell them she likes their shoes/boots. I had one off the cuff comment years ago at a whole sale warehouse while in 5" black basic pumps. She told me she admired them while I was walking around the store and said "i just had to tell you how much I like your shoes". Enjoy the high, you will always think back to it.

Great cut on the boots too. :fine:

@Mr. X Congratulations on the compliment. @Jkrenzer brings up a good point "I expect she was just as uncomfortable approaching a stranger, especially a guy...".  And if she grew up in Eastern Europe or Russsia as her accent suggests, the traditional "men must be men and women must be women" role model stereotypes are probably even more ingrained in her.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

4 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Compliments like that are so great when you get them. I expect she truly feels this way and am figuring she has in the past as well. I expect she was just as uncomfortable approaching a stranger, especially a guy, to tell them she likes their shoes/boots. I had one off the cuff comment years ago at a whole sale warehouse while in 5" black basic pumps. She told me she admired them while I was walking around the store and said "i just had to tell you how much I like your shoes". Enjoy the high, you will always think back to it.

Great cut on the boots too. :fine:

4 hours ago, kneehighs said:

@Mr. X Congratulations on the compliment. @Jkrenzer brings up a good point "I expect she was just as uncomfortable approaching a stranger, especially a guy...".  And if she grew up in Eastern Europe or Russsia as her accent suggests, the traditional "men must be men and women must be women" role model stereotypes are probably even more ingrained in her.

You both bring up some good points

12 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

Good outfit and great story! Thanks for sharing. Glad it was a fun experience. Do it again!

Steve

I will do it again, thanks!

hey there, Mr. X! Sharp outfit and a neat story you told about that lady. I'm sure the compliment she gave made you feel good. Keep up the great work, my friend!

I think of coffee shops as general portals through which many can while away the time and watch the world. These shops in larger cities tend to act as magnets of different people, even alternative people, so I am not surprised by this story at all. I think I said before somewhere if you wear heels you WILL be noticed but it will usually not be known to you. Once in a while someone who noticed says something nice and thus begins the positive memories. By the time you get your first positive reaction more then 500 people have already noticed your footwear. You always seems well put together so I would expect more positive experiences in the future.  HappyinHeels

• 2 weeks later...

Here I am again with another outing to report on.  I based this outing on some new shoes I purchased recently.

The shoes are Fergalicious by Fergie cork bottom wedges with gold and brown straps.  I picked them up in a thrift store for less than $10!  Not bad at all!  I also had a handbag that matched the wedges colorwise, almost perfectly!  The outfit I wore tonight I had already put together before but with different shoes.  The shoes were nearly the same color as the wedges and look great with the rest of the outfit.  But I felt the shoes were a little too fancy for everyday wear, so I never wore the outfit out.  Now that I had more casual shoes in the same color, it was time!

The outing was short and sweet and went off without a hitch.  Nothing interesting to report either, so I won't go into anymore detail than that.  I will just get straight to the outfit and pics.

The outfit
1) white t-shirt
3) Mossimo Supply Co mint green skinny jeans
4) Fergalicious by Fergie cork bottom wedges
5) brown and gold handbag

001 (227x480).jpg

002 (480x359).jpg

• Like 1

Very nice, Mr. X! As a recent devotee of sandals, I like your shoes in particular. How high are the heels?

6 hours ago, JeffB said:

Very nice, Mr. X! As a recent devotee of sandals, I like your shoes in particular. How high are the heels?

The wedge itself measures nearly 5 inches in the back top to bottom.

Another day, another outing.  I was planning on going out tonight.  The warm weather we had just made my decision easier.  Plus the weather allowed me to show a little more skin then I have in past outings.

The outing was short and sweet and went off without a hitch.  The only downside is that the shoes I wore need to be fixed now.  I wore my recently purchased "Fergie" wedges.  One of the straps connected to the side that holds the ankle in place has come loose.  There is a hole on the side where the strap fits in.  It looks like it was in there with just tape and/or glue.  I am going to take it somewhere to be fixed as I don't expect it to be a costly or difficult repair.  I will show a pic here to maybe get some insight from others.  I have only worn the shoes twice and they quicly became a favorite of mine.  They will be great to wear in the summer months with my various outfits.  But enough talk, lets get to the outfit and pics.

The outfit
1) ladies brown t-shirt with thin colored stripes
2) knee length jean capris
3) fergalicious by fergie 5 inch wedges
4) brown and gold handbag

And now for the pics.  One is the outfit and the other is the broken shoe strap.  Comments and suggestion are welcome.  Thanks in advance!

001 (231x480).jpg

20160530_221257 (270x480).jpg

On 5/30/2016 at 10:23 PM, Mr. X said:

Epoxy should hold the strap in place.  Use an epoxy with a 5 minute set up time but let it cure for 24 hours.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On May 30, 2016 at 9:23 PM, Mr. X said:

Another day, another outing.  I was planning on going out tonight.  The warm weather we had just made my decision easier.  Plus the weather allowed me to show a little more skin then I have in past outings.

The outing was short and sweet and went off without a hitch.  The only downside is that the shoes I wore need to be fixed now.  I wore my recently purchased "Fergie" wedges.  One of the straps connected to the side that holds the ankle in place has come loose.  There is a hole on the side where the strap fits in.  It looks like it was in there with just tape and/or glue.  I am going to take it somewhere to be fixed as I don't expect it to be a costly or difficult repair.  I will show a pic here to maybe get some insight from others.  I have only worn the shoes twice and they quicly became a favorite of mine.  They will be great to wear in the summer months with my various outfits.  But enough talk, lets get to the outfit and pics.

The outfit
1) ladies brown t-shirt with thin colored stripes
2) knee length jean capris
3) fergalicious by fergie 5 inch wedges
4) brown and gold handbag

And now for the pics.  One is the outfit and the other is the broken shoe strap.  Comments and suggestion are welcome.  Thanks in advance!

001 (231x480).jpg

If I may pry, how tall are you, Mr. X? I have a similar outfit that I've never worn in public because I just don't like the way it looks on me. I feel the tight capris make my legs look extremely short, but they look just fine on you. I assume your shoe size is U.S. 10 or smaller, as you seem to be able to get a good variety of brands. Just curious. 

11 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

If I may pry, how tall are you, Mr. X? I have a similar outfit that I've never worn in public because I just don't like the way it looks on me. I feel the tight capris make my legs look extremely short, but they look just fine on you. I assume your shoe size is U.S. 10 or smaller, as you seem to be able to get a good variety of brands. Just curious. 

Thanks for the compliments!  And your are not prying at all.  I stand around 5'7 and my shoe size is anywhere from a 9 to a 10 depending on the shoe.

2 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Thanks for the compliments!  And your are not prying at all.  I stand around 5'7 and my shoe size is anywhere from a 9 to a 10 depending on the shoe.

Well, drat! You and I are within an inch of the same height, and basically the same shoe size. I just have really short legs. I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that capris don't look all that great on me. Rock on, brother! 

22 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Well, drat! You and I are within an inch of the same height, and basically the same shoe size. I just have really short legs. I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that capris don't look all that great on me. Rock on, brother! 

My legs are fairly short too!  Some capris don't look good on me either.  It is really hit or miss.

Today I had one of my longest and and most enjoyable outings despite the fact that I wasn't wearing heels.  I was still wearing womens shoes though.  More on that later.  I was out and about for a good 5-6 hours.  Most of my other outings have probably been half that.  I had some errands to run, including getting some groceries.  I got those out of the way and then it was all personal time.  

It was lunch time so I got some food in my belly before continuing on my way.  My next stop was Aldo.  Many of my shoes come from there.  If you shop the sales you can get some good shoes at a good price.  Today they had many shoes that were an extra 30% off.  The problem is they uually don't have more than a pair or 2 that I like.  And then when they do, they rarely have them in my size.  But today I was like a kid in a candy store.  Pair after pair of shoes on the rack that caught my eye.  Both the sales girls were nicely dressed.  No heels but still nicer than usual.  I dont know if it was the nice weather today or what, but It seem like there was many nicely dressed women around town today.  Way more than usual!  And I even saw a few pairs of heels which was a nice treat.  I got many an inspiration for future outings.  But back to the story.

One of them went to the back and fetched me 3 pairs in my size.  As I tried them on and admired myself in the mirror she kept coming over to check on me and asking me what I thought.  She was treating me like any other paying customer and I felt quite at ease.  She told me the first pair fit me well and looked good on me!  I had to agree.  She asked me if I was buying them for something special.  I told her no, I was just treating myself.  I am not one to lie but it would have been interesting to see where the converation would have gone if I said they were for a wedding or something.  I have seen many a women buying shoes for a wedding there.  The conversation usually ends up with discussions about the rest of their outfit for the wedding.  Stuff like the color of the dress etc.  

The second pair looked good But fit a little tight.  I told her that and she said that that is what most cutomers say about that pair.  The third pair was nice too and the sales girl let me know it.  I told her I liked them but I wasn't a fan of all the extra ankle wraps.  In the end she happily rang me up for the first pair.  I wasnt planning on spending any money, but who can pass up a nice new pair of shoes.  Especially whe they are on sale.  I left happily!

Next I headed to a clothing store mostly for window shoppng.  But if something caught my eye I would try and buy.  Nothing caught my eye clothng wise but there was several nicely dressed women.  One in particular had on a nice pair of heels which was a nice suprise.  She was quite a looker too.  I didn't get to compliment her like I wanted to.  After finishing shopping I headed to the exit.  I got lucky as she ended up exiting right behind me.  Once outside I immediately told her, I like your shoes! She said thanks!  That woud have been good enough.  But then she kept the conversation going by telling me where she got them from and such.  She said they were from Winners.  We talked for what seemed like a minute to me before we parted to our cars.  I headed to mine grinning ear to ear!  I forgot to ask her if they were purchased recently.  I had to track down a pair now!

I immediately made and unplanned sidetrip to Winners based on our converation.  Unfortunately her shoes were no where to be found.  It was still a profitable journey though.  There was plenty of nicely dressed women inside and out.  I got plenty of ideas for future outings.

Next I headed to the local thrift shops.  As I was browsing one of the employees said hi!  Then she said she liked my shoes! Unexpected but nice!  I continued shopping and found many things.  I found a pair of shoes I liked and almost every article of clothing I tried on fit well and looked good on me.  I went to check out.  Much to my suprise again, almost everything I purchased was half off!  I ended up with a pair of shoes a several clothing pieces all for less than $30!  I know understand why women like shopping so much!  The term retail therapy coulkd have been plastered on my forhead today Lol.  I was having so much fun today that I forgot I had some groceries in my trunk that needed to get into the fridge ASAP!  So I finally put an end to the day and headed home.

There was only one downer to my day.  I got home and as I was unpacking my groceries I looked at my bare hand and realized I must have lost a silver ring I was wearing.  It wasn't expensive but it still sucked!  But much to my suprise again, I found it in the bottom of one of the bags.  It must have got snagged and fallen off when I was loading or unloading them.

Thanks for listening!  Now for the outfit and pics.

the outfit
1) blue and white plaid shirt
2) aeropostale skinny jeans
3) old navy blue pointy ballet flats
4) Sienna Ricchi black handbag

SAM_7099 (245x480).jpg

• Like 2

Hey there, Mr. X! Cool outfit! The all blue theme worked very well. Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a new outing report.  I had planned on going out tonight but the extra warm weather just made my decision that much easier.  And to say the weather was nice was an understatement.  I arrived home around 9pm and the temperature was still 26 celcius.  Or 80 for you fahrenheit people.  Plus I had a recently purchased pair of sandals that I hadn't "broken in" yet.  So it seemed like a good time to do just that!  The outing itself was short and uneventful so I won't bother discussing it.  Lets get to the outfit and pics.

The Outfit
1) Brown t-shirt with thin colored lines
2) denim capris
3) brown leather handbag
4) Spring brand gladiator style sandals with double ankle straps and near 4" heel

001 (228x480).jpg

006 (480x348).jpg

• Like 2

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 3:30 AM, Mr. X said:

Today I had one of my longest and and most enjoyable outings despite the fact that I wasn't wearing heels.  I was still wearing womens shoes though.  More on that later.  I was out and about for a good 5-6 hours.  Most of my other outings have probably been half that.  I had some errands to run, including getting some groceries.  I got those out of the way and then it was all personal time.  

It was lunch time so I got some food in my belly before continuing on my way.  My next stop was Aldo.  Many of my shoes come from there.  If you shop the sales you can get some good shoes at a good price.  Today they had many shoes that were an extra 30% off.  The problem is they uually don't have more than a pair or 2 that I like.  And then when they do, they rarely have them in my size.  But today I was like a kid in a candy store.  Pair after pair of shoes on the rack that caught my eye.  Both the sales girls were nicely dressed.  No heels but still nicer than usual.  I dont know if it was the nice weather today or what, but It seem like there was many nicely dressed women around town today.  Way more than usual!  And I even saw a few pairs of heels which was a nice treat.  I got many an inspiration for future outings.  But back to the story.

One of them went to the back and fetched me 3 pairs in my size.  As I tried them on and admired myself in the mirror she kept coming over to check on me and asking me what I thought.  She was treating me like any other paying customer and I felt quite at ease.  She told me the first pair fit me well and looked good on me!  I had to agree.  She asked me if I was buying them for something special.  I told her no, I was just treating myself.  I am not one to lie but it would have been interesting to see where the converation would have gone if I said they were for a wedding or something.  I have seen many a women buying shoes for a wedding there.  The conversation usually ends up with discussions about the rest of their outfit for the wedding.  Stuff like the color of the dress etc.  

The second pair looked good But fit a little tight.  I told her that and she said that that is what most cutomers say about that pair.  The third pair was nice too and the sales girl let me know it.  I told her I liked them but I wasn't a fan of all the extra ankle wraps.  In the end she happily rang me up for the first pair.  I wasnt planning on spending any money, but who can pass up a nice new pair of shoes.  Especially whe they are on sale.  I left happily!

Next I headed to a clothing store mostly for window shoppng.  But if something caught my eye I would try and buy.  Nothing caught my eye clothng wise but there was several nicely dressed women.  One in particular had on a nice pair of heels which was a nice suprise.  She was quite a looker too.  I didn't get to compliment her like I wanted to.  After finishing shopping I headed to the exit.  I got lucky as she ended up exiting right behind me.  Once outside I immediately told her, I like your shoes! She said thanks!  That woud have been good enough.  But then she kept the conversation going by telling me where she got them from and such.  She said they were from Winners.  We talked for what seemed like a minute to me before we parted to our cars.  I headed to mine grinning ear to ear!  I forgot to ask her if they were purchased recently.  I had to track down a pair now!

I immediately made and unplanned sidetrip to Winners based on our converation.  Unfortunately her shoes were no where to be found.  It was still a profitable journey though.  There was plenty of nicely dressed women inside and out.  I got plenty of ideas for future outings.

Next I headed to the local thrift shops.  As I was browsing one of the employees said hi!  Then she said she liked my shoes! Unexpected but nice!  I continued shopping and found many things.  I found a pair of shoes I liked and almost every article of clothing I tried on fit well and looked good on me.  I went to check out.  Much to my suprise again, almost everything I purchased was half off!  I ended up with a pair of shoes a several clothing pieces all for less than $30!  I know understand why women like shopping so much!  The term retail therapy coulkd have been plastered on my forhead today Lol.  I was having so much fun today that I forgot I had some groceries in my trunk that needed to get into the fridge ASAP!  So I finally put an end to the day and headed home.

There was only one downer to my day.  I got home and as I was unpacking my groceries I looked at my bare hand and realized I must have lost a silver ring I was wearing.  It wasn't expensive but it still sucked!  But much to my suprise again, I found it in the bottom of one of the bags.  It must have got snagged and fallen off when I was loading or unloading them.

Thanks for listening!  Now for the outfit and pics.

the outfit
1) blue and white plaid shirt
2) aeropostale skinny jeans
3) old navy blue pointy ballet flats
4) Sienna Ricchi black handbag

SAM_7099 (245x480).jpg

Mr X,

Nice outfit. Are these your hair that we see ? How do you wear them ?