The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Great outing, Jeff. And you keep walking tall in those five inch high heels and enjoy every jaunt in them. Anymore five inch high heels are the only high heels I wear in public. They're comfortable and so sexy and fun. Thanks for sharing your jaunt with us.

like Roni, I'm almost exclusively in 5" heels, when in heels that is.... Sidewalk cracks and expansion joints of all kinds are something to be avoided and the art of walking with high head and vertical posture while knowing wear your feet are going to be many steps ahead is to me the most difficult skill to master while in stilettos... practice practice practice, oh darn! :) and Jeff, I like the top! I'm not sure if I'd ever find a women's top to work in my wardrobe... but perhaps I'll spend some more time looking...

Mr. X: Well, I am thinking of wearing a skirt on my next outing. So stay tuned! Heh! :) roniheels: Along with the challenge that comes from wearing five inchers, there is a certain component of....sexiness that comes from wearing such shoes, and that was what drew me to them in the first place. So I plan to wear them more often, but I won't give up my four inchers which I still enjoy. tallguyinheels: Oh, yes, watching out for those little annoyances, but not looking like I'm watching for them while walking on pavement can be daunting, but it's a challenge I like. Practice indeed! Thanks for the compliment on the shirt, I like it a lot. Finding an appropriate women's top isn't that hard once you decide on what you like and will look good on you, the hardest part is finding something in your size, in my case, that shirt came from the Plus size section at K-Mart as even the largest size in Misses would be rather tight on me. Happy searching!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jaunt #105, 6/26/2011:

A new day, a new jaunt! With warm temps and very little humidity, making things pretty comfortable, it was time to hit the road. Here's today's outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My blue K-Mart camp shirt, the JCPenney capri pants, the Payless "Hazel" pumps and something new----jewelry, namely a pendant I bought at Penney's yesterday but waited until today to show off. Let me know what you think! Meanwhile, this is the first time I've worn the capri pants since last August, and I remember having been complimented by the folks here, and I liked wearing them too, so I decided to break them out for a purely casual outing. So, it was off to the western 'burbs, namely the Borders bookstore in Springfield with my laptop to get in some writing. I arrived in the strip mall's parking lot some ten minutes before the store opened and there were already half a dozen people standing outside the front door, so I hopped out with my laptop and strolled to the door, getting a wide eyed stare from a couple of people waiting in their car for the store to open. When the doors opened, well over a dozen people were waiting and they all got a good look at me, but no one said a thing.

Walking in, I went to the lounge area to set up my machine, then bought a large iced tea and proceeded to fiddle about on my laptop for close to three hours, left to my own devices as I enjoyed the quiet time spent there, and being seated at a table, no one noticed that I was wearing women's pants and heels. And that was fine by me. Around two, I packed up and left the store, attracting a couple more stares as I walked to my car, my next stop was to Best Buy which I didn't visit yesterday while over in New Jersey. My casual attire along with my usual casual demeanor earned me precious little attention, even though the store was fairly well crowded for mid-afternoon, as is often the case with me, I spent well over half an hour in the store, gazing at all the gadgets before going to the register with an anime DVD to buy. Now I know I probably got one of two stares while in the store, something that's to be expected, but I simply acted like just another shopper, which I was, regardless of how I was dressed.

Not a lengthy outing by any stretch, but it was enjoyable nonetheless, and that was good enough for me. Oh, yeah, after wearing the five inchers yesterday, the three inch "Hazel" pumps did indeed feel like wearing flats, but hey, it was still enjoyable. It's all about having fun wearing what I like, where I like.

Any jaunt is a good jaunt, Jeff, no matter the length of time. I don't think I even own a pair of 3" high heels, but I know what you mean. Anything lower that 4" heels doesn't feel like high heels. Congrats on another good jaunt.

JeffB, I like the capris! I have a pair from JCP just like them and I wear them a lot in warmer weather. They're very comfy. The heels look great with them, and the jewelry goes well, too. Nice outfit! I think capris go better on a guy than skirts, but that's just my opinion. Nicely done. Steve

roniheels: Well, I haven't given up my lower heels as I think it's important to have variety in one's shoe wardrobe. Heh! Steve63130: Thanks for the kind words. The capris were very comfortable to wear, and the lower heels also made for a nice touch which added to the casual air of my outfit. As for the subject of skirts, I would agree that they don't work right or look right on every man, but, at the risk of tooting my own horn, I think skirts, especially short skirts look great on me, which is why I wear them as much as I do! As for the pendant, I've been eager to add jewelry and thought that little diadem looked very nice. TBG: My stars and garters! YOU? Thinking about wearing PUMPS? To quote the immortal Fred Sanford: It's the big one, Elizabeth! :) SleekHeels: Well, who am I to disagree with you? I do have a great pair of legs! HA!

roniheels:

Steve63130: As for the subject of skirts, I would agree that they don't work right or look right on every man, but, at the risk of tooting my own horn, I think skirts, especially short skirts look great on me, which is why I wear them as much as I do! As for the pendant, I've been eager to add jewelry and thought that little diadem looked very nice.

Remember, most ancient males wore skirted garments.So nowadays it is a matter of social perception that a man in skirt...you know the rest.I could also say that some women look good in skirts,others not,some women look good in trousers and others not and so on...I may speak about other apparel on different individuals for sooo long, but not based on social prejudices.Jeff,about the jewelry it is nice,keep it up.

Remember, most ancient males wore skirted garments.So nowadays it is a matter of social perception that a man in skirt...you know the rest.I could also say that some women look good in skirts,others not,some women look good in trousers and others not and so on...I may speak about other apparel on different individuals for sooo long, but not based on social prejudices.Jeff,about the jewelry it is nice,keep it up.

Yes indeed! Those annoying perceptions about how men look odd in skirts and such. Well, I defy anyone to think Charlton Heston or Yul Brynner looked odd in The Ten Commandments! HA! As for the jewelry, thanks for the compliment, I'm thinking of expanding on that by adding an ankle chain or perhaps a bangle, provided I can find one that'll fit my wrist. Stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...

Jaunt #106, 7/9/2011:

After being rather lazy and not doing any jaunts last weekend (Fourth of July weekend, I was a tad busy stuffing my face at cookouts. Heh!), I was back on the road today, and after some positively terrible weather the previous day, things couldn't have been better for an outing. Here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A white women's polo shirt from K-Mart, the JCPenney's a.n.a. jeans and the Pleaser "Seduce 420" pumps which I was eager to wear as I continued acclimating myself to wearing those five inch heels. Just a typical sort of Saturday jaunt as I went downtown, stopping first at an ATM so I'd have to cross the street to get to the machine, the sharp, solid click of the heels is pleasing to the ear, and I felt, well empowered while I walked, my posture perfect, my head held high. I think I got a long glance from a guy at the corner waiting for the bus as I passed him, but I didn't mind, after getting my money, it was off to my favorite comic shop, parking over half a block away, it gave me another chance to get in some walking, again, walking is the chief component of acclimating myself to five inchers. I spent a good twenty minutes in the store, and after leaving, I walked up to the next corner and a convenience store to buy a paper, then back to the car.

From there, it was off to South Jersey, but I went to the Moorestown Mall area and the nearby Barnes & Noble where I spent a solid half hour cruising the aisles, raising nary a fuss since bookstores are quiet and serene places for freestylers to go. Leaving the store with some manga, I went to the Chick-Fil-A down the road for lunch. Got a little more attention there since that particular location has a play area for little kids and there was no shortage of them there along with parents, teenagers, so forth and so on, but other than some glances, no one bothered me while I ate (the chicken salad sammiches are to die for!). Then I head across the big honking parking lot to Best Buy for my weekly ogling of gadgets and gizmos, in one area set up with leather home theater seats that recline, I sat in one chair, reclined and watched TV, the pumps in plain sight of anyone and everyone who passed by, but no alarms were raised. I found that rather exhilarating.

My last stop of the day was to the Penney's store at the Cherry Hill Mall. As is my habit, I shopped exclusively in the women's department, there wasn't anything in particular I was looking for, I was just wandering when I spied some sharp looking black capri pants, and even though they looked to be mid to low rise, I decided that I had to have them, all the while, no one paid me no mind, at least no one that I actively noticed. Once again, another fun little trip, one made even better by getting more and more used to being in the five inchers which I've worn four times now, and the acclimation is coming along quite nicely. More fun to come.

Jeff,

Another great jaunt, to be sure. Sounds like you had a very casual, kind of lazy day on your jaunt. And your outfit and high heels looked very cool and comfortable. I'm guessing the weather might have had something to do with your attire. Is it hot wear you live? Last night at 10:05 p.m. it was 97 degrees. I can't remember it being that hot, that late in the evening, ever! Congrats again to you.

roniheels: To answer your question, yes, it does indeed get mighty hot here in the northeast, heck, we've already had two major heat waves BEFORE July, which is why I don't even think about breaking out my boots until October at the earliest. I'm kinda dreading what my electric bill will look like next month from all the air conditioner use. But, on the flip side, all this hot weather means more skirt wearing to keep cool while out and about. Heh!

Jaunt #107, 7/10/2011:

Today proved to be a goodly amount warmer than Saturday, still, that didn't keep me from hitting the road for a casual Sunday jaunt, and here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The denim blue K-Mart camp shirt, the new black capri pants I bought at JCPenney yesterday, the Payless "Hazel" pumps and a new piece of jewelry I bought during the week at Sears. On the subject of the capri pants, admittedly, I wasn't too fond of the mid to low-rise waist, but I liked the look of the pants when I saw them in the store and decided to give them a try, at a size 14, they were comfortably snug, thus accenting my long legs, another reason I wanted to give them a try. I'd be grateful if readers would give me your honest opinions on the pants and how they looked on me. Anyhoo, I headed west to Springfield and the strip mall where Borders was with a laptop to do some writing, I arrived some ten minutes before the 11 a.m. opening, so I hopped out, grabbed my case with my laptop and strolled to the door where half a dozen people already waited, and, as is usually the case, no one gave me the time of day.

Once inside, I retreated to the lounge area, bought a large iced tea and proceeded to spent the next three hours happily typing away while listening to Philadelphia's all-news radio station online. Ahh! Most relaxing. About two, I packed up and left, the Hazel's heels caught the attention of a young black man hunched over his laptop, he looked up from the screen and gave me a puzzled look as I walked past. My second and last stop on my short jaunt was to Best Buy, just for the sheer heck of it, the place was fairly well crowded with shoppers, and I got quite a few stares and double takes from shoppers and salespeople, more than usual I would say, but I maintained my cool and calm demeanor while I loafed around, even spent five minutes in the Apple section chatting with an older lady who was curious about upgrading her iMac, seems we both owned older models and she was torn about buying a new machine, I told her that as long as her current computer was working well, why change? She never noticed what I wore.

After about twenty minutes or so, I headed to the register with a Blu-Ray copy of Salt and left to a couple more stares. For the first time since heavens knows when, I truly felt like I was in the proverbial fishbowl from all the stares and double takes I got, maybe it was the tight pants, maybe it was the shoes, or, more than likely, a combination of both. It was a wee bit unnerving, but I managed to handle it. I suppose if things were reversed and I was just an average joe who knew nothing of freestyling and had seen a grown man walk by in tight capri pants and high heels, I would've gaped too, only natural I suppose. Society is still hung up over the nebulous concept that it's less than "normal" for a man to wear women's clothing and/or shoes, so guys like us are seen as unusual, oh, there are openminded people who appreciate our unique fashion sense, but they are miniscule in number, still, if we continue being seen and looking appropriate for whatever environment we happen to be in, opinions might change in time.

Jeff, Congratulations on today's outing. I must say you look downright sexy in those capri pants with your heels. The low rise of the pants look great on you and really let you show off those long legs. What you did today is what most of us can only dream of doing. Thanks so much for leading the way for the rest of us. I am sure you are having a ball. Steve

Jaunt #107, 7/10/2011:

I'd be grateful if readers would give me your honest opinions on the pants and how they looked on me.

The capris look good on you, Jeff. Since your asking how about trying a good fitting tee with interesting graphics on it. I think that it could help balance the look with the heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Jaunt #106, 7/9/2011:

After being rather lazy and not doing any jaunts last weekend (Fourth of July weekend, I was a tad busy stuffing my face at cookouts. Heh!), I was back on the road today, and after some positively terrible weather the previous day, things couldn't have been better for an outing. Here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A white women's polo shirt from K-Mart, the JCPenney's a.n.a. jeans and the Pleaser "Seduce 420" pumps which I was eager to wear as I continued acclimating myself to wearing those five inch heels. Just a typical sort of Saturday jaunt as I went downtown, stopping first at an ATM so I'd have to cross the street to get to the machine, the sharp, solid click of the heels is pleasing to the ear, and I felt, well empowered while I walked, my posture perfect, my head held high. I think I got a long glance from a guy at the corner waiting for the bus as I passed him, but I didn't mind, after getting my money, it was off to my favorite comic shop, parking over half a block away, it gave me another chance to get in some walking, again, walking is the chief component of acclimating myself to five inchers. I spent a good twenty minutes in the store, and after leaving, I walked up to the next corner and a convenience store to buy a paper, then back to the car.

From there, it was off to South Jersey, but I went to the Moorestown Mall area and the nearby Barnes & Noble where I spent a solid half hour cruising the aisles, raising nary a fuss since bookstores are quiet and serene places for freestylers to go. Leaving the store with some manga, I went to the Chick-Fil-A down the road for lunch. Got a little more attention there since that particular location has a play area for little kids and there was no shortage of them there along with parents, teenagers, so forth and so on, but other than some glances, no one bothered me while I ate (the chicken salad sammiches are to die for!). Then I head across the big honking parking lot to Best Buy for my weekly ogling of gadgets and gizmos, in one area set up with leather home theater seats that recline, I sat in one chair, reclined and watched TV, the pumps in plain sight of anyone and everyone who passed by, but no alarms were raised. I found that rather exhilarating.

My last stop of the day was to the Penney's store at the Cherry Hill Mall. As is my habit, I shopped exclusively in the women's department, there wasn't anything in particular I was looking for, I was just wandering when I spied some sharp looking black capri pants, and even though they looked to be mid to low rise, I decided that I had to have them, all the while, no one paid me no mind, at least no one that I actively noticed. Once again, another fun little trip, one made even better by getting more and more used to being in the five inchers which I've worn four times now, and the acclimation is coming along quite nicely. More fun to come.

Jeff, I will be heading to Manville possibly in Sept and or Oct to see my GF who is more than excepting and even thinks its great that I wear heels. Are you anywhere near there? Maybe we can meet up.:irked:

real men wear heels

I keep trying to picture how you would be walking, Jeff. I mean, no offense, but with stories, erm..."jaunts" like this, I feel like I need a clear picture of how you're walking through these stores. Especially when you mentioned,

maintained my cool and calm demeanor while I loafed around

Another punishment to being and having a creative mind like mine, I guess :irked:

Formally "HHDude"

kfsteve391: Me? Sexy? Well, I wouldn't go quite that far, but I appreciate the compliment! I had been on the fence regarding the low rise, but the pants fit well, even without the traditional waistband that had no loops for a belt, and they looked good on me too. And yeah, I'm having a good time, doing what I like. I understand that not all of us can go out and about in public wearing the shoes and/or clothes that we love, so I hope they can live vicariously through my modest exploits. Shafted: Thanks for the kind words. A graphic tee, eh? Interesting. I must say that hadn't occurred to me. I'll take that under advisement and see what I can turn up. johnieheel: To be honest, I'm not at all sure where Manville is, or what area that is near. HHDude: There's nothing at all complicated about what I do, I simply go where I want and do what I want....within reason of course. Proper decorum and manners while in public is very important. It's taken a great amount of time and practice and trial and error for me to build up my courage to the point where I can wear such non-traditional items of clothing (non-traditional for men that is) such as pumps, thigh-high boots, even skirts in public. By maintaining a strong sense of calm, I can venture out and about, braving the stares and double takes (and sometimes chuckles, giggles and laughs) from the public. It's not rocket science, but it's not easy either. But, it can be done. I'm living proof of that.

You continue to display a well thought out freestyle look Jeff, well done :irked: ... and regularly wearing capris and skirts, very bold indeed.

johnieheel: To be honest, I'm not at all sure where Manville is, or what area that is near.

I think the Manville that Johnie is talking about is in north-central NJ (about 20 mi north of Trenton), and I am guessing JeffB is near Philly (and spends considerable time in southern NJ based on some recent posts, though I admit I have not read the full thread, so perhaps I am way off :smile:).

JeffB Your outfit did look great on you! I also like to wear capris in the summer with heeled sandals, but I have never worn them that with that tight of a fit. Maybe I should look into that look. Last summer i bought 2 pair of shiny looking leggings, one black and one in gold, I did go out in public wearing them with a long camp shirt (Tall mens Section) the leggings went to about 4" below the knee. Unfortunately I put them away for the winter and can not find them this summer. The other night I had to go to Walmart to get some things. I was wearing my MetroStyle red jean capris, with a black golf shirt and my Naturalizer black slide sandals with a 3" block heel. While in the check out line I heard some giggles from some young girls maybe 10-12 years old. I turned around and looked with a smile, they were pointing and talking about the ankle chain that I was wearing on my right leg. I said to them do you like it? There mother replied that it was unusual for a man to wear one. I pointed out to her that I like to wear ankle chains in summer with capris or shorts. No different than men wearing ear rings especially the large dangling one's that are seen on some men, The mother thanked me for my comments and I bid her and her family a good evening as we left the store. I always like to turn an incident like that into a positive !!!!!!! Keep on posting your jaunts JeffB. bluejay .

Jeff, Having seen plenty of excessively low-rise pants wandering around shopping malls, I can safely say you have the body proportions to make those capris look very classy. I couldn't help wondering what they'd look like with a top whose hem falls on the widest part of the hips (not a shirt worn outside, but something more figure-hugging). Maybe a single block of color might be overwhelming, but that relates to what Shafted suggested about something with graphics, or maybe some kind pattern/detailing (perhaps vertical to draw the observer's eye up & down (towards the shoes!) rather than left & right?). Not that I'm any kind of fashion guru... just bouncing ideas around.

If you like it, wear it.

hhboots: Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, it does indeed take a certain level of boldness to wear what I wear, but it's great fun! bluejay: Well, I didn't think those new capris would be so tight, but I liked how they looked of me, so I ran with it. I'm thinking I might just integrate capris more and more into my summertime jaunting and see what happens. Sounds like you had quite the positive experience with that family. Rather amazing the mother commented more on the ankle chain than on the capris of your shoes. Heh! Meanwhile, I might just have to give an ankle chain a try! I think that could work for me. SleekHeels: Oh, yes! I've seen more than my fair share of low rise stuff on girls and women, and let me tell you, in some instances, the sights ain't prettty. Between the dreaded muffin top and the even more hideous plumber's crack, it can be nightmarish out there! The idea of a long top with capris is intriguing, I'll have to experiment and see what I can turn up. Thanks for the suggestion!

Jaunt #108, 7/16/2011:

Even though the weather promised to be sunny and bright and more than a little sticky (it wound up being a lot sticky), that didn't stop me from heading out on a trip today, and here's my outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A bright blue polo shirt from the women's section at K-Mart, the JCPenney a.n.a. jeans and the Pleaser 5 inch "Seduce 2013" pumps as I was eager to take them out for another spin. Oh, by the by, it should be noted that today's jaunt was my 28th for 2011, equalling my tally for all of 2010, and with five and a half months left, I'm gonna try and eclipse my all-time high of 42 from 2009! Ahh! Nothing like a challenge! This trip was pretty much a repeat of last week's expedition, stopping first at an ATM for cash, requiring me to cross a street while a passing pedestrian did a double take, then it was off to my local comic shop where I noticed a Philadelphia Parking Authority officer (I call 'em the Parking Authority Gestapo because they act like ticket writing stormtroopers, if you've ever seen A&E's Parking Wars, you know what I mean) taking a long look at my feet before I headed into the store where I bought the week's newest comics.

Time for an ironic interlude. After leaving the comic shop, I drove to a drug store half a mile away to buy a newspaper and a padded mailer, once in the store, I walked down the office supplies aisles where the mailers were and saw a young woman in a sundress and what I guessed were four inch heeled mules, I must say she looked very pretty, but that image, and her pride took a serious pratfall when her right foot slid out from under her and she clumsily plopped on her bottom. Almost as quickly as she fell, the girl, looking none the worse for wear, hopped back up onto her feet and looked around for any witnesses to her tumble, when she saw me some ten feet away, standing pretty as you please in heels higher than hers, her face turned fire engine red and she scurried off. I must say I was rather flabbergasted, having never seen anyone take a tumble, but I didn't giggle or laugh, hell, that could easily have been me, so I understood her embarrassment.

(Aside: That is why I have absolutely zero love for mules and I would NEVER wear the darn things as I consider them the least functional and practical shoe around)

From there, it was off to South jersey for some wandering, I stopped at the Chick-Fil-A store near Moorestown Mall for lunch and pretty much went unobserved until a mob of people filled the place just as I finished, so I caught a few odd stares as I left. Then, I went to Barnes & Noble where I read a few magazines for half an hour, my next stop was Sears where I bought a new skirt and a THIRD pair of capri pants as I've really come to love wearing them. I tried them on when I got back to the house and they fit like a dream, as in they were deliciously tight, just like the pair I bought last week. I'll show them off to everyone on a future jaunt. My last stop of the day was to Penney's where I bought a cute denim skort that was on sale and another necklace. I must say that it's great fun to be in a department store and shop for women's clothes, no one cares, least of all the salespeople at the register as all they're interested in is parting you from your money.

While I did get a few stares in the pumps, I understand that it all comes with the territory. You either deal with it, or return to the closet, and I'm NOT doing that!

Another nice jaunt. Well done ! Maybe you should have worn a skirt since the weather was hot an sticky ? Hoping the girl didn't hurt herself while falling. Too bad you were not closer to help her getting back up Wondering if she noticed you where wearing heels ?

Maybe you should have worn a skirt since the weather was hot an sticky ?

Not a bad idea! Upon further review, I wish I had! :irked:

Hoping the girl didn't hurt herself while falling.

From where I stood, it looked like the only thing that poor girl hurt was her pride because she had been seen, and that embarrassment showed on her face. And no, I don't think she noticed what I had been wearing, she was too busy wanting to get out of Dodge after her tumble.

Jeff,

Nice jaunt and nice summer outfit with your 5" high heels. It sounds like you're getting more used to them the more you go out in them. And I know what you mean as you left the eating place. Two weeks ago as I was having breakfast in a small cafe and it was filling up right before I left, as I left (wearing 5" high heels), the room became quiet and all eyes were upon me. No comments or anything, just silence. And it was no problem.

Congrats on your recent jaunt.

And now for something I haven't done in a long while----the Sunday Doubleheader!!

MORNING, Jaunt #109, 7/17/2011:

Right out of the clear blue, I thought it'd be fun to turn my weekly grocery shopping expedition into a jaunt. Here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A red polo shirt from K-Mart, a navy skort I bought at Sears last Saturday, the Blondo two inch heeled loafers and my Buxton bag. It had been awhile since I had done this, but there was no fear or nervousness as I arrived at the supermarket at a quarter past seven a.m., hopped out, grabbed a cart and went right on in, pretty as you please. The new skort was quite comfortable, was easy to move around in and was of a respectable length for an early Sunday morning. It had also been awhile since I last wore the Blondo loafers and had forgotten the satisfying click the low heels made. There were a goodly number of people in the store when I entered, but no one paid me any mind as I casually went about my business of filling my cart, heck, I barely even got any looks from other shoppers, by the by, I had also forgotten just how cold the freezer department was on bare legs when I was in that area. BBRRRRRRR!! I wound up spending almost half an hour there and it was a pleasant experience.

AFTERNOON, Jaunt #110, 7/17/2011:

I mentioned that I had bought a new pair of capri pants during yesterday's trip, well, here they are as part of the afternoon outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I paired the new capris with my white K-Mart camp shirt, the Pleaser "Vanity 2013" four inch heeled pumps, my short strap handbag and that new necklace I also bought yesterday. As you can see, the capris, just like the pair I sported last Sunday were deliciously tight and fit me very well, accenting my long legs to perfection. I must say I'm liking capris almost as much as I do skirts! Anyhoo, I headed off to the western 'burbs and the Springfield strip mall where Borders was, only this time, I didn't bring the laptop, instead I brought my nook™ e-reader (which fits into my handbag) and got in a good couple of hours worth of reading (Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express) in the bookstore's lounge area with a tall cup of iced tea. During the course of my stay, I did spy a couple of odd glances here and there, nothing more than that, but I never acknowledged the brief moments of attention. Still, deep down inside, I did sort of wish someone engaged me in conversation about my attire.

However, from where I sat, I did covertly notice what other girls and women wore during the time I was in the store, mainly t-shirts, shorts and the dreaded flip-flops, lazy, sloppy attire to say the least. Not that I blamed them, hey, it was Sunday, a day to be lazy and sloppy, still, I could never do anything like that when I freestyle, I just HAVE to dress up, even if it's to effect a casual appearance. I've always debated whether or not I overdress on my little expeditions, well, sure I do, but, in my mind, better to overdo than underdo things, and I'm perfectly comfortable with that distinction. And so, there you have it, the rare Sunday doubleheader, and it was fun. Perhaps I'll do that again in the future.