The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

WOW! That takes me back! Seriously cool! Guess I got my fifteen minutes!  :giggle:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

1 hour ago, nzfreestyler said:

Hi Jeff,

OMG. What a polished look !

I'm new here and I'm going to have to go back through this massive thread now to check out the style!

Hello to you, nzfreestyler! Thanks for the kind words. I hope you enjoy my thread.  :happy:

And now....THE NUMBERS!

JAUNTS BY YEAR

2008: 10
 2009: 42
 2010: 28
 2011: 61
 2012: 34
 2013: 33
 2014: 45
 2015: 46
 2016: 53
 2017: 23 (and counting)

CLOTHING

Skirts: 290 (above knee-183, below knee-74, at knee-33)
Jeans: 63 (tucked in boots-39, untucked-24)
Skorts: 9
Dresses: 7
Capris: 4
Pants: 1
Long Sweaters: 1

FOOTWEAR

Payless shoes: 235
Other shoes: 140

Boots: 135 (knee high-72, thigh high-45, ankle high-18)
Pumps: 101
Sandals: 42
Loafers: 41
Slides: 31
Flats: 25

PERCENTAGES

Skirts: 77.6
Jeans: 16.8
Skorts: 2.4
Dresses: 1.8
Capris: 1.0
Pants: 0.2
Long Sweaters: 0.2

Boots: 36.0
Pumps: 26.9
Sandals: 11.3
Loafers: 10.9
Slides: 8.3
Flats: 6.6

First skirt outing: 12/13/2008
First dress outing: 6/5/2011
Last outing in pants/jeans: 4/28/2013  

• Like 1

Hey thanks

Do you employ a full time statistician! I might be available! Just kidding!

Well I hadn't had a chance to look yet, but I definitely will. You have a lot of skirts, which is similar to myself, and I also see a lot above the knee. I too wear a lot above the knee, so I'll be going through this massive lot!!!!

Ha - might have to call in sick tomorrow - it could take all day.

• Like 1

@JeffB, based on your "NUMBERS" going back to 2011I have noticed a disturbing trend. :shocked:

593ebb3795bdb_jeffboots.PNG.2d2eb2dedfd208889f224136d45596f6.PNG

It seems that you wearing of thigh boots has leveled off since July 2015 at 45 jaunts.  Its been a while.

:wavey:

Edited by Thighbootguy
  • Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

While lately your Ankle High boots have skyrocketed.

Me thinks some people have a lot of free time.

Where are the flats and other footwear?

Next I want a skirt/ dress broken down by height, and a pie chart on blouse color.

No slacking off here.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cali said:

Next I want a skirt/ dress broken down by height, and a pie chart on blouse color.

No slacking off here.

Admittedly this is selective reporting. 

As a former Data Base Administrator I generally didn't care what was in the database, rather, only that it was available for the user community so for those interested in further analysis :shocked:, look at the posts in this list:

25 minutes ago, Cali said:

Me thinks some people have a lot of free time.

Yep... retired DBA.

Edited by Thighbootguy
Added links
  • Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

WOW! Graphs! Color me impressed! I'll have to see about upping the ante on the thigh boots!

4 hours ago, JeffB said:

I'll have to see about upping the ante on the thigh boots!

As I suspected, charts and graphs are the way into a statistician's heart.:penitent:

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 9:36 AM, Thighbootguy said:

As I suspected, charts and graphs are the way into a statistician's heart.:penitent:

Well, I wasn't a statistician in the Navy, but I appreciate numbers!  :fine:

15 hours ago, Cali said:

Thanks, I needed that.

One last shot:

Capture.JPG.22cc4b6e7cca5b7b4b0386eb0b9f4b75.JPG

I thought I remembered that Illustrator could do this.  It took a bit of research to regain the skill.

I'll let JeffB get back to posting about jaunts.

• Like 2

Jaunt #376, 6/18/2017: Even though the official first day of summer is three days off as I type these words of wit(?), the heat was still hot, what with off and on sunshine and temps in the low to mid 90's with some oppressive humidity. Still, that didn't stop me from going out on a brief outing to run a couple of errands, and, considering the conditions, I dressed down, sporting a blue t-shirt, the gray denim miniskirt with the distressed hem, the Payless "Noble" flat sandals in black and a black handbag. Nothing fancy, it was too darn hot for that sort of thing, oh, yeah, I wore something new which you'll notice in the accompanying pictures....earrings. Thighbootguy suggested in previous posts that I try them, and after he sent me several pairs of clip-ons, I went with a small gold plated pair, just to see what, if anything would happen.

My first stop was to Acme in Springfield to pick up a few odds and ends (sparkling water), while I was in the aisle putting several bottles in a basket, a fiftysomething black woman came up to me and said she liked my earrings and that they looked nice on me. Whoa! That was fast! Anyway, I grinned and thanked her for the compliment. Leaving Acme, I headed down the road to Best Buy as I needed to buy a wired mouse for my computer. Short story, the wireless rodent was out of juice this morning, and I didn't have a backup to use while I recharged the main one, so I decided to buy an old fashioned wired mouse to have on hand as a spare. Of course, being in Best Buy, I could leave without gadget ogling, and the air conditioning was a nice bonus as well. At the checkout counter with my rodent ($7.99) and a Blu-Ray copy of John Wick, Chapter 2, the cashier, a twentysomething woman said, and I quote, "Cool earrings! You rock!" I chuckled and thanked her for the kind words.

Two compliments inside of an hour, a definite first for me. Not bad, not bad at all. Oh, yeah, icky hot and humid days are perfect for wearing short skirts as I felt perfectly cool and comfortable, and I got to show off my legs to boot! While I went ignored otherwise, I have to say I enjoyed the earrings as they certainly changed the way I looked, even in my purely casual guise. Perhaps earrings will become a regular part of my ensembles for outings as they were fun to wear. We'll see. More to come....

Jaunt #376, outfit-3.jpg

Jaunt #376, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #376, outfit-1.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

Jaunt #376, 6/18/2017: 

Jaunt #376, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #376, outfit-1.jpg

Looking great, bae! All you need is a wig and a splash of lippy. A short relaxed hairstyle would suit you as well. Nice earrings too. You should wear some dangly ones. Love the skirt, it's a good length. Thought you'd break out the more ladylike fitted pencil skirt, but you keep us in suspense :P

• Like 2

Nice coordination. of accessories - black sandals, black belt and black handbag. Blacks and blues - and blue suits your complexion. I like the denim skirt length - it looks fingertip length, which is my personal favourite to wear. I love your earings!  Earings are fun and you will always get compliments when you choose jewellery that compliments your face shape. Dare I say it you have a feminine jaw line and you suit earings, 2-3 inch dropped earings, even hoops would suit you.

John Wick 2 - great choice! I haven't seen it yet but I'm going to the flicks later this week! Enjoy!

90 Fahrenheit - thats over 30 deg celsius for us down here... we hardly get over 25 deg celsius in summer!!! Its 15 deg celsius here today - but sunny. I'd say its definitely skirt weather, sandals would be sensible - sweaty feet in pumps is not nice!

• Like 1

TBG: I thought you'd like that. Heh!

SkirtDude: Nahhhh! No wig or lipstick for me. I'm perfectly content with my look as a freestyler. Thanks for the kind words. As I mentioned, it was too hot yesterday for anything fancy or fitted.

nzfreestyler: Thanks for the compliments. Like with everything else, I put a lot of consideration into the accessories as they complete the outfits I wear. It was good that my first experiment with earrings worked well, now I'm eager to wear them more and experiment with other styles. Oh, yeah, it's been mentioned that blue suits my complexion. I agree.

On 19/06/2017 at 8:52 PM, JeffB said:

nzfreestyler: Thanks for the compliments. Like with everything else, I put a lot of consideration into the accessories as they complete the outfits I wear. It was good that my first experiment with earrings worked well, now I'm eager to wear them more and experiment with other styles. Oh, yeah, it's been mentioned that blue suits my complexion. I agree.

ever thought about wearing a royal blue dress - maybe an empire line cut dress (a-line) - clean lines and blue seems to 'pop' on you? Silver earings, silver pumps, metallic skinny belt at the waist (if the dress has loops for it), grey/silver oversize clutch would be a cool look?

• Like 1

All,

While pie charts and graphs are great in my life-long love of meteorology I never expected them here. Probably a tongue-in-cheek routine. The only graph of relevance for our hobby here should be the one showing more men wearing more heels in more places :). Just get out there and wear them.....and life that life you always wanted. I have to think some level of government used this man's talents for graphs.  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Happy...   Agree !!!!  I am still looking for another guy in gals shoes, heels, flats whatever.....  Sometimes it seems that I am the only one out here, but I know that ain't the case....

Have fun    sf  

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I had a guy walk across the street in front of me yesterday at a stoplight in women's flat sandals close to where you live SF.  You just have to be more observant.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

ever thought about wearing a royal blue dress - maybe an empire line cut dress (a-line) - clean lines and blue seems to 'pop' on you? Silver earings, silver pumps, metallic skinny belt at the waist (if the dress has loops for it), grey/silver oversize clutch would be a cool look?

HA! I'm almost always thinking about dresses which I love to wear when the opportunity presents itself, and you presented quite the intriguing idea, especially for a night out on the town. I'm sure I could make your suggestion work! 

• Like 1

Jaunt #377, 6/24/2017: After a stormy start to Saturday, the sun quickly came out and the day turned sunny, nice and delightful, which meant it was time for a jaunt, my destination for the day was King of Prussia, and I decided to push the envelope just a little bit, garbed in a black blouse, an olive chino skirt, the Payless “Stacia” low wedge sandals in black and a black satchel bag. The envelope pushing came from wearing sandals at KOP for the first time, the other push were earrings which you can see below, modest in style, but the gold color still made them stand out. I have to say that the earrings really made my outfit pop and were a perfect accessory to complete my ensemble. Once upon a time, I said I wouldn't leave the house unless I had a handbag on my shoulder, today, I'm fast starting to think I won't feel dressed unless I have earrings on as I've quickly come to enjoy how they look on me. Thanks to Thighbootguy for broadening my horizons when it comes to accessories.

But I digress. I arrived the KOP shortly before twelve noon, admittedly, I had no idea how did be received, wondering if people would notice the sandals or the earrings, and that made me just a wee bit nervous, but I didn't let that stop me from leaving my car and walking into the mall. After only five minutes, it didn't take long to realize that I worried needlessly as no one paid me a lick of attention, par for the course when I go out and about in women's clothes and shoes, and this outing was no different from any of the others. After fifteen minutes or so in the comic book shop, I headed to the food court which was plenty packed, but no one gave me so much as a glance as I bought a six inch turkey breast sandwich and a bottle of water from Subway and dined at my leisure. After I ate, it was off to JCPenney which was in the middle of a store closing sale, and I went in to see what struck my fancy, I would up spending well over half an hour there, before I settled on a knee length button down denim skirt, a dressy blue sleeveless blouse that caught my eye, and, lastly, a short sleeved, low cut, purple knit dress. Now, you might be thinking, what in the hell am I going to do with a purple dress? I have no idea, at least not right now, but I'll think of something, the dress only cost $8.00, making it hard to resist.

My next stop was to Primark where I wandered about before buying a tan satchel bag, I recent bought a pair of the “Stacia” sandals in tan, and I needed a bag to match. I wound up spending nearly five hours at the mall, and went ignored by the scores of shoppers there, at times, I found myself wondering: “Is it supposed to be THIS easy?” For a middle aged guy to wander through the largest mall on the East Coast in a skirt and not raise so much as an eyebrow was more than a little surprising to me, even though that was my seventh trip there. I know I should be LONG used to reactions, or rather, the lack of reactions by now, however, that surprise didn't keep me from thoroughly enjoying my outing. For the umpteenth time, I guess this meant I did something right when it came to my appearance, and that I look so good in women's clothes, I'm accepted for my appearance, and that's certainly NOT a bad thing. More to come....

Jaunt #377, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #377, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #377, outfit-3.JPG

Hey Jeff, Nice outfit, I like the sandals.  Question, I am not that familiar with the Philadelphia area, have not been there in a LONG time.  Why is going to the KOP mall pushing the envelope??  With all you jaunt experience I would imagine going anywhere would be no big deal.  Just curious.  Glad you had a nice time out.  Take care, have fun...  sf

PS  I do like your experiences, I wear heels as a guy, and get out a lot.  My experiences are similar to yours, no one seems to notice or care....   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"