The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Jaunt #127, 10/1/2011:

With partly sunny skies and temps that only reached into the mid 60's, I decided to kick off October with a jaunt. Here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My black faux leather biker style jacket over a blue t-shirt, the a.n.a. stonewashed jeans, the Pleaser thigh high boots and my familiar short strap handbag. When you're wearing skin tight jeans like I did today, you don't want anything like bulges from a wallet or car keys to break that streamlined profile, so a handbag is a must. And, like I said in previous posts, I've come to enjoy carrying a purse. My first stop was downtown to visit my local comic book shop, after I put money into the meter for parking and headed to the shop, I passed by a black woman who was about my age and she said she liked my boots, I grinned and thanked her. This wasn't the first time I've had that happen, I guess thigh high boots strike a particular chord with black women of a "certain age". But hey, that's cool with me! After leaving the comic shop where I spent a good twenty minutes, no one giving my attire a second glance, I walked down the street and around the corner to a store where I bought a paper and tonight's Powerball ticket.

From there, it was off to South Jersey and the Moorestown Mall area where I went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. The store had a good lunchtime crowd, got a few stares and glances from customers, but no one said anything as I placed my order then sat down to eat. From there, it was off to Best Buy to wander the aisles gawking at gadgets and gizmos. While checking out Blu-Ray movies, much to my surprise, I was approached by another black woman who was in her 40's or so who said she thought my boots looked sharp and was amazed that I could stand in the four inch heels. She then asked how I did it, with a smile, I replied, "Like with everything in life, practice." She chuckled and agreed with me before walking off. Not bad, it's not often I get two compliments on my footwear in one day. Needless to say, that made me feel pretty darn good. After some forty-five minutes, I left with some anime and drove to Barnes & Noble where I spent a good twenty minutes, basically ignored before leaving with some manga.

And that was that as I headed back home to file this report before the Phillies begin their first round playoff series against St. Louis. It was good outing, complete with compliments who bolstered my pride and confidence in myself and my freestyling.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

kfsteve391 & Mr. X: Yeah, it's great to get one compliment while on an outing, to get TWO is downright awesome! I'm gonna have to wear my thigh boots more often! HA!

Jeff, what is the difference between a skirt and a skort? Is it just the length? I'm new to this. I've got a knee-length denim skirt, I've ventured out but just in the evenings... I love your jaunts, looking forward to your next skirted one. Any chance of pix on location? :)

kfsteve391 & Mr. X: Yeah, it's great to get one compliment while on an outing, to get TWO is downright awesome! I'm gonna have to wear my thigh boots more often! HA!

As if you needed more of an excuse than getting complements… it is getting colder. :)

Glad you're enjoying your boots.

Jeff, what is the difference between a skirt and a skort? Is it just the length? I'm new to this.

A skort is a skirt with a built in pair of shorts. Skorts are very comfortable and prevent any embarrassing exposure especially with a short skirt. The shorts also prevent the skirt's waist from unintentionally riding up too high.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Jeff,

Sharp looking outfit and I love the boots. I just got a pair similar to them except with 5" stiletto high heels. It is always so nice to get compliments when you are out in high heels. And I do understand the need to get back home to watch sports. This is the time of year when you've got the baseball play-offs and football in full swing. Great time of year and another great jaunt for you!

danielp6406: Well, age ain't nothin' but a number, my friend! HA! Kilty: Thighbootguy is right, a skort is basically a skirt with a pair of shorts sewn in. It's an easy, comfortable garment to wear, especially for casual outings. roniheels: I've been thinking about a pair of five inch heeled thigh boots for some time now. I'll probably buy a pair pretty soon. Should be fun.

Hey Jeff, Well it is still sunny for a few days here. Why tucking long pants in these boots when you could wear a bermuda or a short ? Personnaly, I think you would look terrible with the same skinny jeans (or leggings) but matched with ankle boots !

Jaunt #128, 10/8/2011:

To soothe my wounded spirits after the Phillies lost in the opening round of the MLB playoffs last night, I headed out on a jaunt today. Here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A light purple shirt with the a.n.a. jeans in dark stonewash, the Pleaser Vanity pumps and my trusty short strap handbag as I don't go anywhere on jaunts without a purse. The weather was sunny and unseasonably warm for early October, just what the docutor ordered for an outing, so I headed out to the sprawling King of Prussia mall. After arriving, I hopped right out and headed into the mall, it had been awhile since I last wore the Vanity pumps and had forgotten how delightfully sharp and loud the four inch heels were as they clicked on the pavement, then on the tile floor in the mall. I did get some odd looks and glances here and there, but I suspect that was more because of the handbag on my shoulder than the shoes on my feet, I've been through KOP in heels many times before and never got so much as a second glance, today was somewhat different, but I acclimated to that. It was certainly different.

My first stop was to the comic book shop where I spent a good twenty or so minutes, then if was off to the food court, always packed with diners as I had arrived just before noon. Again, I earned myself a few looks, I saw eyes directed towards the bag while I stood in line at Chick-Fil-A, a couple of teenage girls giggled, but I paid them no mind, I was able to enjoy lunch (one chicken salad sammich with lemonage) without attention, then I headed off to JCPenney to see if anything there (from the women's side of the store) would catch my eye, I saw some nice long skirts in fall colors like tan and brown, but the prices didn't appeal to me, however, I did snatch up a couple of nice mock turtlenecks which will come in handy come winter. After leaving there, I casually strolled through the mall, attracting some more looks as I headed to the Apple Store where I spent a solid twenty minutes gazing about before buying a cover for my new iPad.

After leaving the mall, I head down the road to Best Buy for some more ogling and gazing at gadgets and electronics, got some stares here too, no big deal, finally, my eyes fell upon something that made me grin from ear to ear, my all-time favorite movie, Pulp Fiction, on Blu-Ray! AT LAST!!! Needless to say, that made me a VERY happy camper, and I intend to watch Tarantino's masterpiece TONIGHT!! A good jaunt in heels, and despite having people stare at me because I was toting a handbag, I had a good time.

Hey Jeff

When are you going to start attaching the pictures to your posts, to save the constant need to click over to photobucket?

Uhh! At the risk of sounding kinda dumb, but I don't know how. I gladly would if I did.

Uhh! At the risk of sounding kinda dumb, but I don't know how. I gladly would if I did.

First, click New Reply, and then...

:: points down at the Manage Attachments button under the Additional Options category below the message window ::

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Okey dokey! Let me try that!

It worked! Nice outfit and high heels, Jeff. I'm glad you had another fine jaunt. But my condolences to you for your Phillies and especially Eagles. Who would have thought that start for the season?

It worked! Nice outfit and high heels, Jeff. I'm glad you had another fine jaunt. But my condolences to you for your Phillies and especially Eagles. Who would have thought that start for the season?

Thanks for the kind words. Well, at least I have the Flyers (NHL) to fall back on as the season's just gotten underway, and the Union (Major League Soccer) are in first place in the East! YAY!!

And now I have a new tool to use for posting pics here. WHOO! Looks like I won't need Photobucket anymore!

Jeff, Nice out fit for your recent jaunt. Yesterday I went to Best Buy in my Naturalizer criss cross sandals with a 3 1/2 : wedge heel (with my red polished toes fully showing/ read my post in trying on heels thread). No comments, but the door guards did give me a stare upon leaving the store. Sorry about the Eagles loss to the Bills yesterday, but the Bills seem to be putting it together this year for a change! Happy Heeling bluejay

Jeff,

Nice out fit for your recent jaunt. Yesterday I went to Best Buy in my Naturalizer criss cross sandals with a 3 1/2 : wedge heel (with my red polished toes fully showing/ read my post in trying on heels thread). No comments, but the door guards did give me a stare upon leaving the store.

Sorry about the Eagles loss to the Bills yesterday, but the Bills seem to be putting it together this year for a change!

Happy Heeling

bluejay

Thanks for the kind words! As for the Eagles, meh! I'm already over Sunday's calamity. Already looking forward to this coming Sunday. As for your own adventure, for the most part, VERY few people really notice or care about what other people happen to wear on their feet as they're often too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to be that attentive.

Jaunt #129, 10/15/2011:

After a storm blew through Friday, the weather was left sunny but crisp and cool for a jaunt on Saturday morning. With stiff winds blowing, keeping temperatures in the mid 60's, I opted for a fall like outfit consisting of my brown faux leather jacket over a brown women's mockneck, the Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans in dark stonewash tucked neatly into the Pleaser "Vanity 2013" knee boots. Of course as has become standard operating procedure of late, I had my trusty short strap handbag with me, I've said this plenty of times before, but having a handbag is as natural and indespensible to me now as wearing heels. You can see the outfit below.

My first stop was in the University City area as I stopped at an ATM to make a withdrawal. After I parked and hopped out, I noticed that a Philadelphia Parking Authority officer (I call them the Parking Authority Gestapo, if you've seen A&E's Parking Wars, then you know what I mean), a black woman in her 30's was just ten feet away, looking for violators to ticket. When she spotted me, she looked me up and down with a stern expression on her face, given my loathing for these bullies, I returned the expression full force, ten seconds later, the tight-arsed beyotch growled, "Don't forget to feed the meter." I could've said something snide, but merely replied, "Sure thing. I won't be long anyway." So, I fed the meter, went into the bank to use the ATM and when I returned some five minutes later, Miss Tight-Arsed Beyotch hadn't moved, why, I have no idea, and didn't care to find out, I simply got my car and left.

In my experience, black women were usually quick to compliment me when I wore boots and such, but not her, must've been her PAG (Parking Authority Gestapo) genes having short circuited her civility. Bah! Stop number two was to the main branch of the Post Office less than a mile away as I had a couple of packages to mail off, so I parked, got out and went in. The line wasn't too long, don't think I waited more than ten minutes before I was finally waited on (A white guy who oh so briefly gave me a curious glance) and left. Following a stop at my favorite comic book shop where I got back to back motorists to do double takes on the street as I walked to the shop, it was off to South Jersey and the Chick-Fil-A near Mooretown Mall for lunch. However, the place was crowded with male and female, young and old, black, white and Latino and I got more than a few looks while I waited in line, then sat down to enjoy the chicken nuggets which were extremely tasty. Yum! As I got up to leave, an older white lady waved demurely to get my attention and said, "Nice bag. It suits you." I smiled and thanked her for the compliment.

That was something of a change of pace as I didn't expect a compliment on my purse. Talk about cool! Heh! From there, it was off to Barnes & Noble for some quality aisle gazing, after nearly half and hour, and going pretty much ignored by other shoppers before I went to the cashier with some manga and the Blu-Ray version of Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express starring David Suchet as Hercule Poirot. Can't wait to watch it tonight! Another good outing in heels, and I thought I looked plenty sharp in today's outfit as it had been awhile since I wore tight jeans with my Pleaser knee boots, and that made for a smashing combination. More important, I felt totally calm and cool and at ease in my outfit, and that's critical to public heeling, looking and acting like you've been there before. If I can impart just one nugget of wisdom to a newbie wanting to take his first steps in public, I would say: be yourself, and you'll do just fine.

post-228-133522957091_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522957096_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522957099_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522957101_thumb.jpg

That female officer is on a power trip as an authority figure Jeff. I've heard similar things happening in my area about female police officers. It's like they got something to prove. BTW: Love the outfit. Jeans, leather and heels are among my favorite looks. I biased though as that's my favorite style for myself.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Jaunt #129, 10/15/2011:

..... If I can impart just one nugget of wisdom to a newbie wanting to take his first steps in public, I would say: be yourself, and you'll do just fine.

Here, here Jeff. Whether hidden, just showing or full view, relax, be yourself and after a short while confidence kicks in for those like me on the subtle show when that happens it's "lets show more" not just an inch but the whole heel.:).

Talking about bags, had a good conversation with a couple of friends (retired) (Chris's work mates hubbies) re "metro-sexual" one always has a manbag when in shorts, because it's easier, whether in a skirt or close fit jeans big bulges just don't look good:penitent:.

You are an inspiration to so many Jeff keep it up and thanks.

Al

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I appreciate your comments! While I'm sure thighbootguy will strongly disagree with me, but the combination of tight jeans and knee high boots convey their own special "Wow" factor. While out and about yesterday, I saw scores of teenaged girls and young women working the snug jeans and flat heeled knee boot look, and I thought it was absolutely awesome! I'd love to get my hands on a nice pair of tall, flat heeled boots and try that style for myself. Shafted: Oh yeah, she was definitely trying to assert her authority with me, but I was having none of it. That's the way the PAG (Parking Authority Gestapo) works in Philly. Alsheels: If you're relaxed and at ease with yourself while publicly heeling, that cuts down on being noticed by passersby greatly because you're not attracting attention by acting shy, furtive or nervous. And I could agree more that having a bag is a must, especially for me when I hit the streets in a skirt. Can't have any bulges!

Awesome outfit Jeff, great combination. The Parking Authority Gestapo just resent that they get even more verbal abuse than guys in heels do... at least we get the occasional compliment to make up for it. Interesting that the lady complimented your bag, usually it's the heels that get grab all the attention but clearly you integrated the heels into the overall look and made it all work.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I appreciate your comments! While I'm sure thighbootguy will strongly disagree with me, but the combination of tight jeans and knee high boots convey their own special "Wow" factor.

Not so JeffB, not so. Your absolutely correct that tight jeans and knee high boots convey their own special "Wow" factor. It' just thigh boots and tight jeans provide their own special "WOW" factor. :)

The outfit loks great!

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

SleekHeels: Thanks for the kind words on my outfit. My overall goal is to look just like any other woman who'd wear the sort of outfits I do. I make a note to study how women dress, what they wear and follow through from there on my own outings. The fact that I was complimented on the bag while the boots went ignored means I've put together a good overall look like you mentioned. As for the Parking Authority Gestapo, the less said about them, the better. Thighbootguy: Well, I'm so glad that you agree with me about the "Wow" factor of tight jeans and knee high boots. As soon as I get the tips replaced on my thigh boots, I'll be out and about in them again real soon! Kilty: Funny you should mention that. I've got a serious itch to go on an outing in a skirt, and that will be this coming weekend. I'm glad that you say I do what I do with swagger. That's cool! Thanks for the compliment!

Jaunt #130, 10/22/2011:

Sunshine! Blue skies! Moderately cool temperatures! Perfect conditions for a jaunt in boots, though not the ones Thighbootguy likes most as I hit the streets in a new black faux leather jacket over a turquoise mockneck, the Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans along with the "Vanity 2013" knee boots and my trusty short strap handbag. Now this is nothing new to veterans of the heeling scene, but there's a certain, well, something about wearing tight jeans tucked into high heeled boots that's absolutely amazing and thrilling, I feel a sense of empowerment when I wear such an outfit, like I'm standing head and shoulders over the common crowd, and it's a feeling I absolutely love. Anyhoo, my first stop was downtown and my favorite comic book shop, got a backward glance from a young couple while I fed the meter, but nothing more as I walked to the shop and spent a good twenty minutes or so there, the staff there are long used to the eclectic clothing and footwear I sport, and they welcome me as a valued customer.

After leaving the store, I made a side stop of sorts, that being to a shoe repair store around the corner from the comic shop, thigh boots openly in hand as I went there to have the heel tips replaced, the guy at the counter paid no attention to what I wore as I presented the boots and told him what I needed done. He looked over the boots for a few moments, then said he'd have them ready for me on Monday, I nodded, paid in advance, got my ticket and told him I'd be back on Monday and left, simple as that. From there, it was off to South Jersey where I went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, just like last Saturday, I attracted something of a crowd when I entered the store, getting looks here and there, but paid them no mind as I placed my order, sat down and ate. Did I stand out in that particular crowd? Sure, but I didn't mind. Next stop, Best Buy for some serious ogling for over thirty minutes, even though there was a pretty big crowd in the store, I didn't get many if any stares, not even when I sat in a home theater recliner, reclined and put up my feet so shoppers could see the boots.

My last stop of the day was to Barnes & Noble. After parking in the lot and walking to the store, I got a wolf whistle of all things from a young guy in a muscle car that passed by, however, judging from the stupid grin on his face, there was no doubt the whistle was derisive in nature. Tsk! Proof positive that youth is wasted on the young. No big deal. Spent a good twenty minutes in the quiet atmosphere of the store before leaving with some manga and then, I headed home. It was good outing that I enjoyed in an outfit that made me feel terrific. What more can you ask for when it comes to freestyling? Not much more!

post-228-133522958654_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522958658_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522958667_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522958668_thumb.jpg