The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

roniheels: Thanks for the kind words. I've probably said this a time or two before, but I simply do as best I can and let the chips fall where they may. danielp6406: Yep, the long skirt does indeed come in handy on chilly days like Sunday. As for where I bought it, that would be Sears some three years ago. If you want to find a long denim skirt, you might be better off searching online. If I find a resource, I'll let you know.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

10/25/2009:

Another Sunday, another outing in a skirt and heels to enjoy! After a positively miserable Saturday, thanks to periods of rain, highlighted by a quick downpour that night, Sunday was the absolute opposite, sunshine, blue skies by a tad cool with temps barely reaching 60. But that didn't matter to me as I was intent on going out, and here's what I went out in:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My well worn brown suede jacket over a brown turtleneck, my 22 inch denim skirt, L'eggs black tights and the Payless "Tara" boots. Given the coolness in the air as I hit the road around 11 a.m., I thought my outfit was appropriate for the conditions, if anything, I hoped for such conditions as I'm just loving being in boots! And wearing a skirt is pretty cool too as I'm enjoying that immensely as well. I know I've said this before, but with each outing I undertake these days, I'm growing more and more committed to wearing only skirts on my fashion freedom outings. I look damn good in a skirt, be it long or short, I won't deny that, and I feel very comfortable and at ease in them, something I hadn't at all anticipated when I first began wearing them regularly, now skirts are all I want to wear. It's just so much fun for me!

But I digress. Stop number one was downtown to Kinko's to log onto one of their computers to visit a certain website I continue to have trouble accessing at home. Getting out of the store and crossing the street to the store, a passing motorist did a serious head swivel and his mouth dropped open when he saw me, I mean, what's the big deal? You mean to tell me he never saw a guy in a skirt and heels before? Sheesh! A couple of passersby did a bit of a double take as I approached the door, I simply ignored them all. No big deal really. Once inside, I spent a solid forty-five minutes there, happily typing away, mindless of what I was wearing, to me, I was simply wearing clothes and footwear. So what if three of those items were from the women's side of the store. I for one put no such restrictive labels on clothing.

Stop number three was to Best Buy in the western 'burbs to wander and window shop and ogle at all the gadgets and gizmos, along the way, I picked up the Blu-Ray version of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Somehow, I usually spend nearly an hour in what I call my "second home". Heh! The store was fairly full for a Sunday and plenty of shoppers were in attendance, for sure, I earned more than a few brief stares here and there, but again, I understand the stares because in the eyes and minds of most, I'm seen as something of an oddity because I choose to wear clothing not at all associated with men. Did people think I was gay? Freakish? Loopy? Who knows? Who cares? Let people think what they will, since no one chose to walk up and ask me about my attire, they can just stew in their own curiosity.

For me, I'm wearing clothing and footwear that I like, that I feel good in and looks good on me. That's all I care about, and I'm continuing to have a great time. More jaunts to come!

Nice outfit once again, Jeff. And you have given me more ideas wear to heel in public. I too love the video stores but have never worn high heels in there. A new challenge to be sure. I also love your attitude to the looks you receive. If anyone has ever stared at you, do you ever wave or say something like, "good morning?" Keep the jaunts coming.

JeffB:-) Congrats on another great outing in public in a great outfit. You look fantastic in your skirt and boots As you know, I have a great love affair with boots myself.. Keep up the good work. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

"a passing motorist did a serious head swivel and his mouth dropped open when he saw me, I mean, what's the big deal?"

"I'm seen as something of an oddity because I choose to wear clothing not at all associated with men. Did people think I was gay? Freakish? Loopy? Who knows? Who cares?"

"For me, I'm wearing clothing and footwear that I like, that I feel good in and looks good on me. That's all I care about, and I'm continuing to have a great time."

Well said, Jeff, very well said! I, for one, also like the "other side of the store" and enjoy my excursions when I can get them. Great look, my friend!!

It's all about the heel!

I LOVE the outfit! Tights and boots are very hot right now, at least from the people I have observed while I have been out. Being a bit neurotic myslf, I would probably have matched the outfit with a black jacket for the boots, but that just my OCD showing through. In any case, that is likely the BEST skirt look that I have seen you post. Keep them coming my friend!

Style is built from the ground up!

roniheels: Visiting electronics stores which are often busy makes for quite a little challenge, but one I enjoy. As for your question, well, no one has caught my eye long enough for me to engage in any sort of conversation. Oh, well, what can you do? Dawn HH: Thanks for the kind words. As always, I greatly appreciate your comments. Bootking: Well, all I can do to eliminate the stigma of men wearing women's clothes as being seen as nutjobs or worse by society as a whole is to present the best looking and most stylish image as possible. But, from the stares and double takes I got yesterday, there are still minds set in the concrete of yesterday. I'm sure that when women started wearing pants wa-a-a-a-a-a-ay back in the day, they got odds looks too, but they survived, we will too! I'm sure we will. HappyFeat: Glad you liked the outfit. At the risk of tooting my own horn, I thought I looked great too! And I felt great too! As fall continues into winter, I'll definitely sport more outfits featuring tights and boots which I thought looked awesome on me, and, depending on how chilly it gets, I might raise the hemline on my skirts. Heh! Needless to say, I'm having more fun than I possibly imagined!

Jeff, you are always an inspiration... In my travels I think of the casualness you offer a a goal to keep in my head, and heart. Just today, in my long black skirt and heeled boots, I'm still self-conscience especially in ordinary activities, and I keep challenging myself to push my experiences. How many skirted trips did it take you to be comfortable in public, to brush of the looks and "lookie there's" as if wearing Teflon armor?

Steve63130: Well, I pride myself as being a modest fellow at heart, but, okay, I'll toot my horn here! HA! tallguyinheels: How many trips did it take? Probably one since my second ever trip in a skirt was to New York City of all places! And I haven't looked back since! I know people have stared, gawked and done double takes and will continue to do so, but I don't worry about that anymore. Mr. X: I know that not all of us here want to wear skirts, and that's okay, we just do our part to exhibit our own brand of fashion freedom, and that's what matters most!

• 2 weeks later...

11/7/2009:

I really do look forward to the weekend so I can hit the road for a jaunt, and the weather today, while a tad chilly was otherwise delightful. Here's what I sported today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My black leather jacket over a blue sweater, my favorite 22 inch denim skirt, black tights and the Payless "Tara" boots which so far have gotten plenty of wear this season. But that's okay since those boots are both stylish and comfortable and I love wearing them, almost as much as I love wearing skirts, but then, everyone here already knows that! HA! I've probably said this a time or two, but I really wish I had discovered this particular brand of fun a long time ago!

Anyhoo, on with the jaunt. First stop was downtown to tap an ATM machine for the day's fun and frolic. After arriving at my destination, I hopped out of the car without a thought or any hesitation and walked nearly half a block to the machine, enjoying the satisfying click of the Tara's heels while putting a wee bit of sway in my hips. I don't think you can wear a skirt without doing that. As is often the case, I did attract a look here and there as the sight of a guy in a skirt and heels is, to say the least, rather uncommon, and, as is often the case, I ignored such looks. Then, it's off to my favorite comic stop half a mile away. The guys who run the shop have seen me in long skirts, short skirts, pumps, knee high boots, thigh high boots, and it's no big deal to them as I'm one of their regular customers. I find that to be rather satisfying.

After that, it was over into South Jersey to wander about. At a shopping district near the Moorestown Mall, I went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch as I just love their chicken salad sandwiches. Got more looks and double takes from a wide variety of people, but I paid them no mind as I bought my order and ate. I thought I heard a chuckle while eating, but I'm used to that, then I took in some of the clothes I saw people wearing, like teenage girls sporting pajama bottoms, sloppy sweats, the always laughable teen boys with the waistband of their baggy jeans worn down to their crotches, one girl actually had on boxer shorts and flip-flops, and the temperature was no better than upper 40's. It's amazing how some people who wear some of the most inappropriate or foolish clothing give me the hairy eyeball when garbed in a tasteful skirt.

After lunch, it was off to Barnes & Noble to see if any new manga had come in, and some did, much to my delight. The inside of a bookstore is more more serene and attracts a better clientele, so I felt quite at home there as next to no one stared. My final stop was to Best Buy not far away, as usual, the place was packed with people, but I just strolled on in, pretty as you please, spent close to forty-five minutes (fifteen of those minutes watching a DVD of The Police in concert from their recent reunion tour, Sting and the boys still rock the house), only a few stares here and there, nothing earth shattering. Then from there, it was off for home so I could regale everyone here about my latest adventure, one in which I did a lot more observing of people than usual, gauging their reactions when they saw me and how they behaved.

Clearly, we still have a long way to go before men who choose to express their need for fashion freedom gain what I call "universal tolerance" for our unique passion. Genuine acceptance might well never come for us, but I knew that going in, so I don't obsess over it. Meanwhile, it's hard to describe the wonderful feeling that comes from being out and about in a skirt and heels, the more I do it, the more I love it. To me, being in a skirt represents a feeling of supreme freedom, like I've thrown off the chains of convention regarding what men can and can't wear. I enjoy pushing the envelope in that regard, being out in front, blazing the trail for all other devotees of fashion freedom to follow.

Looks like again, you had a lot of fun !

...It's amazing how some people who wear some of the most inappropriate or

foolish clothing give me the hairy eyeball when garbed in a tasteful skirt...

I agree. I sometime get eyeball looks only wearing my hh boots under jeans.

Imagine what it would be like if I was wearing a skirt like you !

I guess there eyes would "pop out" of their orbits and fall on the ground :chuckle:

...My final stop was to Best Buy not far away, as usual, the place was packed with people...

You are very confident indeed. I'm not ready for Best Buy yet but time will come...

Thank you again, Jeff, for sharing another great day in high heels with us. You have inspired me again. I will journey into a Best Buy to look at their CDs and DVDs while wearing high heels and see if I get similar reactions. I got my hair cut last week while wearing high heels and it turned out to be a fun experience with the stylist. Please do keep the jaunts jaunting.

danielp6406: Trust me on this, strolling through a Best Buy in just heels is no big deal. Admittedly, I was the exception to the rule since I was wearing a skirt which was why I caught those stares and glances, otherwise, shoppers are often too busy checking out the latest gizmos and gadgets to notice or care what you're wearing on your feet. I know that from past experience when I used to wear jeans. Bottom line: It can be done! roniheels: I'm glad to have been an inspiration to you. As for getting reactions by wearing heels in Best Buy, like I mentioned above, chances are you probably won't get any.

Reading these jaunts from JeffB has made me want to wear skirts out in public. I never used to wear skirts as I always had a dress that I used to wear when on my own. Stopped wearing dresses but now own 5 skirts, all long. I have a blue demin skirt, a smart black skirt with a split up the side. Two black satin skirts ( 1 longer then the other) and a leather skirt. Along with the new heels I bought in the past month I should be able to come up with good outfits to wear out and about. Just wish I have the chance to take photos of these outfits.

11/8/2009:

With the weather sunny, pleasant and unseasonably warm, what with temps having reached into the low 70's, and with the Eagles playing tonight against the Cowgirls, it was time to hit the road for a brand new jaunt. Here's today's outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My black men's blazer from Sears over a black t-shirt, a 20 inch denim skirt, off-black pantyhose, the Payless "Lance Flex" pumps in black and my small handbag. What do you think, folks? pretty damn sharp, eh? Yeah, I thought so too! HA! My first stop of the day was downtown and Kinko's to spend some quality time on one of their computers to visit a website I can't access from home, after arriving at the store, I hopped out and strolled across the street, earning me a turn of the head from a guy who walked past me. I'm sure he had never seen anything like me before, a guy in a skirt and pumps is unusual to the public at large, I can grasp that, so I hope I gave him a thrill that'll get him through the day. Once inside, I spent a solid hour on the machine, having fun on the website before my stomach demanded I pay it some attention and have lunch.

After leaving Kinko's, it was off to my usual haunts in the western 'burbs for lunch and general goofing off. Lunch was at Subway where I had the Buffalo Chicken, hot (as in spicy) but good. Yum! Once I finished and left the store, I was on my way back to the car across the lot when a SUV with two young guys rode past, one of them leaned out the window and yelled, "Hey! Faggot!" Tsk! What a deplorable lack of manners. Of course, I paid the boor and his friend no attention as they drove off. They got their cheap thrill too, and if they were sufficiently entertained, good for them. I didn't get angry or even annoyed as that was hardly the first time I've been called such a derogatory term, if anything, I pitied those boors for being so ignorant. I mean, when will people get it through their heads that sexual preference has nothing to do with clothing?

My mood still pleasant despite that brief but unpleasant encounter, I headed off to Borders to spend some quality time. As has become my habit when I go to that store, I purposely parked as far away from the store as I could so I could get in a little walk, enjoying the sharp clicking of my heels on the pavement while seeing my reflection in the moderately snug skirt as I approached the store, my face bearing a calm, cool, casual expression. Now that was something that gave ME a thrill, and it's a thrill I will never tire of! Given the time, a quarter past two, the store was fairly crowded, including the lounge where all the seats were taken. Bummer! So, I settled for wandering the aisles for more new manga and Mac magazines, both of which I found. I also earned some more stares, even a giggle from a couple of pre-teen girls thumbing through Twilight books.

Despite the brief encounter with those two boors in the lot outside Subway, it was another good and rewarding jaunt in a skirt and heels. And with each successive jaunt, I'm becoming more and more comfortable in that particular ensemble which I feel entirely comfortable and at home in. These are heady times for me as I continue expanding my fashion freedom horizons, and it's plenty fun as well.

Very nice outings, yet again JeffB! Of course I am partial to your Sunday outfit with the blazer, for obvious reasons, but I loved the boots and the tights from the first outfit. Your style shows through in both. You not only pull together classy outfits, but your attitude dealing with the less evolved hecklers shows class in your actions as well. Great outings!

Style is built from the ground up!

I am impressed with the outfits and the outings, but what impresses me most is your calm attitude and self control during the unpleasant encounter with the "boors." They were out to get a reaction from you and you ignored them. If you had reacted with a shout or gesture, you would have given them what they were after; but they didn't want to be ignored. Sometimes it's very difficult to take that high road and ignore a taunt, but it's exactly the right response. Congrats on having the self discipline to do that. You got the upper hand and you played the scene very well. Steve

Congratulations for your last and every other outing before that. Keep it on, because you can really pull it off looking good.:chuckle: For me skirts is a no-go as I'm like 4XL, but I'm out shopping in heels quite often myself. Lately I stopped trying to hide them and sure enough I get calls. It's mostly from younger ?immigrants? anyway they speak sort of a pidgin German, or you can all it sort of a ghetto slang: "Ääy Geil Mann!" . That's hard to translate, maybe the meaning is something like: "Hey man, look at that XXXX" (XXXX=put in any insulting name). But like you I started to ignore them or on my very bold days I would give them a smile as a reply. So far nothing more than that had happed to me. Cheers Markus

Thanks for your comments on my latest outing, everybody! I greatly appreciate your comments! Dawn HH: HA! Well, I just do as best I can! HappyFeat: If memory serves, that makes the second time I've worn the blazer, and yeah, it does compliment my overall look. That's what I learned from you since you look great in blazers. As far as I'm concerned, style is everything, if I'm going to expose myself to the world as a man wearing a skirt and heels, then it's crucial to look my very best. Steve63130: I understand that engaging namecallers and related idiots in shouting matches is never a good thing, so it's always better to turn the other cheek. After twenty years in the military, I've been called far worse, so what happened yesterday was no big deal and easy to shrug off. I'm just disappointed at all the rampant ignorance when it comes to clothing and sexual preference. Bootking: I'm glad you approve! :chuckle: kfsteve391: Well, I've been called many things in my time, but sexy? That's certainly new! Many thanks! marhil711: It's not always easy to turn the other cheek, but when you do, you'll feel so good because you're bigger than those who insult you since you refuse to engage them and give them an audience.

JeffB :-)

Another great outfit indeed !

Mixing a men's blazer with a skirt and heels: How interresting !

Talking about heeling at Best Buy (or Future Shop):

I now realize that most of their floor is covered with carpet.

It is easier to wear heels on carpet. So I will give it a try soon...

JeffB :-)

Another great outfit indeed !

Mixing a men's blazer with a skirt and heels: How interresting !

Yep! That outfit I sported made for quite an interesting dichotomy as I wore all male clothing from the waist up (blazer and turtleneck) and all female clothing from the waist down (skirt, hosiery, shoes and underwear). In fact, now that I think about it, I do that a lot on my jaunts. Interesting indeed!

Talking about heeling at Best Buy (or Future Shop):

I now realize that most of their floor is covered with carpet.

It is easier to wear heels on carpet. So I will give it a try soon...

Well, the floors at Best Buy aren't totally carpeted, I'd say it's 60 percent tile, 40 percent carpet, so being careful when you walk is very important.

11/11/2009:

Since I had off from work for Veteran's Day, I decided it was a good time for an outing. Despite the soggy start to the day, I did hit the road for a new jaunt, and perhaps one of my most rewarding outings in quite some time. I'll explain about that a little later, for now, here's my outing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My familiar black leather jacket over a red turtleneck, my long denim skirt and the Payless "Tara" boots. The combination of the long skirt and boots I've come to really love wearing as it's so comfortable and enjoyable for me to wear at this time of year, in fact, I could wear this ensemble all day long and feel right at home like a comfy pair of sweats and sneakers. Anyhoo, it was off to the western 'burbs to goof off, this time though, I decided to push the envelope just a wee bit by taking a stroll through a mall, Springfield Mall to be precise. I've yet to wear a skirt and heels into a mall and wanted to see how I would be received, and while Springfield is small as malls goes, it still attracts a sizable crowd, so I'd be seen by a goodly number of people, especially at eleven a.m. when the place would be fairly packed with shoppers. I figured this would make for quite a good test of my own nerve and how well I could handle being in a mall.

After arriving in the lot, I needed a minute or two to gather up my courage before I stepped out of the car and headed to the main entrance to the mall and went inside. Almost instantly, I earned some looks from a couple and their two young kids but didn't say anything. I simply went about my way, walking at a slow, measured pace while my heart was beating at a considerably faster pace, however, there were any gasps, shrieks or peals of laughter as, for the most part, no one paid me any attention. I spent half an hour in the mall before leaving as it was time for lunch. Back outside and on my way to my car, I was stopped by an black woman who looked to be in her 50's and another woman who were a few years younger, both of whom complimented me on my boots and asked where I got them, after I told them they came from Payless, the older woman grinned and said the boots looked sensational. That made my day.

Following lunch at Subway (footlong Subway Club), it was off for Borders for some quality reading time with a few magazines and a tall cup of iced tea. It was quiet inside, not nearly as many customers like on Sunday when it was packed. Iced tea, Mac magazines in hand, I retreated to the lounge area to kick back and relax. For anyone who hasn't enjoyed some down time in a bookstore lounge, you don't know what you're missing as it's great. After having spent an hour in the lounge area, I picked a couple of mags to buy and went to the checkout line, now, here's where something absolutely remarkable happened. Having bought my mags, I was on my out to the door when I was stopped again, but this time by a couple of guys, that's right, GUYS! One of them, a tall, beefy black man younger than me positively gushed over my skirt, said I looked great in it and that I was, in his own words, "bold as hell" to wear it in public.

I was floored as I hadn't anticipated being complimented by a GUY over my wearing a SKIRT! Wow! His partner, a bearded white guy nodded and said it looked cool. Don't think they even noticed the boots, they were too busy praising the skirt. How about that! With a grin, I thanked them both before going my way. Like I said early, to have been complimented by two women on the boots and two guys on the skirt made for quite a rewarding experience since it's exceedingly rare when I do get any sort of praise on my outfits. Not bad, not bad at all! Today showed me that there are forward thinking people out there willing to recognize someone for their fashion sense, regardless of what said person happened to be wearing. I guess there's hope for society yet! HA!