The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

thighhighs: Thanks for the kind words! Certainly glad to hear from you! rxrenesis: Nahhh! Didn't mind at all! Delightful looking pictures you displayed. Bravo!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

rxrenesis – I really like your look with the shorter skirt rather than the longer tan one. It may just be my preference for shorter skirts but, to my eye, the shorter one complements your build more than the long one. I have a leather one just like yours, also from the GoodWill, and also for $3. Try wearing the sweater tucked into the skirt to raise the waist line a bit.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Guys, Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry I forgot to tuck in the shirt and yes I prefer short skirts. The long leather skirt was one of those gotta have purchases. Yea the long tan skirt doesn't quite make it but it is quite comfortable to wear on long road trips. rx

1/9/2010:

Please forgive me, everyone, because I went back on my promise:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, for my first jaunt of 2010, I wore (gasp) PANTS! Well, to be more precise, tight gray jeans which I bought at Urban Outfitters a couple of days ago which I paired with my parka from 12/29/09 jaunt over a black turtleneck and the Pleaser Legend 8868 four inch heeled thigh boots, the first time I had worn them in awhile. If these jeans look familiar to a pair I once had and wore over a year ago, it was intentional as I sought a pair similar to what I once had. Now, why did I go back on my promise to wear only skirts on my jaunts? Blame the leggings. After the experiment I conducted with them, I was struck dumb by a burst of nostalgia regarding how good I looked in tight jeans and boots, so I went out and bought a pair, being anal, I wanted another pair of steel gray jeans just like what I had, and I was lucky to find a pair in my size.

So, after putting together my outfit in which the thigh boots were the starring attraction, I was off. The parka certainly came in handy as it was mighty cold out, but that along with the jeans and boots kept me warm. Stop number one was Arby's for lunch, the place was fairly empty, only half a dozen customers, so I went in, ordered lunch, ate then left with nary a stare from anyone. Pretty quiet, nothing to write home about. Stop number two was Best Buy as I needed batteries for the remote for my TV and a new memory card for my camera. As is always the case, it's impossible for me to just go in Best Buy, pick out what I needed and leave in say, ten or fifteen minutes, I wound up spending almost an hour in the place ogling nearly everything in sight, most notably, the Blu-Ray and anime aisles before finally going to the register.

As I was on my way out, I was stopped by a handsome black woman who looked at me, grinned and said, "You have GOT to take off those boots because I want them!" That made me chuckle before responding, "Sorry, but it's too cold to be going around barefoot." The woman, a her young daughter in tow chuckled, said the boots looked great on me, saying they reminded her of a pair she once owned, then asked where I bought them. I told her I won them online via eBay, she nodded, explaining that she wears a size 12 and that it's so hard for her to find boots like mine. I agreed, saying what I was wearing you can't find in any store, no matter how hard she looked since they were size 14's. She grinned, saying I wore the boots well, I grinned back, thanking her for the compliment before leaving the store. I felt darn good after that chat.

Stop number three was at Borders. As is often my habit when I go there, I intentionally parked a good distance from the entrance so I could enjoy the walk, hear the heels sharply clicking on the pavement and see my reflection in the storefront. The store was fairly crowded for a Saturday but with the exception of a trio of young black men reading comics in the lounge area who stared and gaped and chuckled, no one paid me much in the way of attention. I enjoyed a solid forty-five minutes reading computer magazines with a cup of hot tea before checking out with one, then leaving for my last stop of the day, the Springfield Mall, quite the full house at almost four in the afternoon, but I didn't care, I was having a good time and wanted to be seen, so I leisurely walked through the mall, earning little in the way of attention.

Like I said, I had a lot of fun, and I directly attributed that to my wearing the thigh boots. I had forgotten what an amazing experience it was to wear them in public, not to mention how good it felt to wear them, and how good I looked in them when paired with those tight jeans. It was like rediscovering that particular joy for the very first time, and it was exciting to me. With the emphasis on the footwear instead of the clothing, like back in the beginning of my public outings, it made for a different sort of adventure since I started wearing skirts, but no less enjoyable an outing. This jaunt helped to reaffirm my appreciation for thigh boots and how awesome it felt to wear them, even after all that time, I felt perfectly at home in the boots, like they were part of me. I'll definitely have to wear them more on future jaunts.

Greetings JeffB :-)

Nice jeans and very nice boots: Well done !

What a nice encounter with that woman wanting your boots !

I admit that I envy you with your HH boots...

Here there is too much ice outside.

Much safer to wear lower heels outside at this time of year ...

A good read as usual Jeff. Nothing like getting a compliment to make your heel outing all the more enjoyable.

If I may suggest, you should invest in a womans' black wool coat/jacket. If you look around you can find them for a good price. It would work fantastic with most of your fashion styles as well as keep you warm in the winter.

For example:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_017A9075000P?vName=Clothing&cName=Women%27s&sName=Outerwear

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_017A8940000P?vName=Clothing&cName=Women%27s&sName=Outerwear

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_017A7994000P?vName=Clothing&cName=Women%27s&sName=Outerwear

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_017EX047000P?vName=Clothing&cName=Women%27s&sName=Outerwear

Dawn HH & danielp6406: Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, getting a compliment while wearing heels is always great! Maximilian!: Thanks for the suggestion! Those coats did look sharp and stylish! I'll see what I can do about getting one!

Well done Jeff! I think it is good that you wore pants with those boots. A pair like those definitely need to be the main attraction as you stated. When you wear boots like that I think it is best to tone down the rest of the outfit and keep it to a minimum. And you did that. Again, well done.

Outstanding outing Jeff! It is always wonderful to have a woman covet your footwear isn't it- not to mention demand that you remove an article of clothing. As for not wearing a skirt, the jeans are smashing! I just bought a pair of gray tight jeans and may give them a shot with boots in the near future. Your outfit looked great and those boots are killer.

Style is built from the ground up!

JeffB –

The outfit looks great. My first reaction to the thigh boots was, “Well, its about time.” :blinkbigeyes:

Isn’t a real hoot to have a lady say she wants your boots.

I hope the weather stays in a range where your thigh boots are comfortable, and you get a few more miles out of them.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Mr. X: Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, when one wears thigh high boots, they DO have to be the star of the show on an outing, and I sought to accomplish that goal. HappyFeat: Words can't describe what it was like to have had a woman covet my boots! Really made my day! Say, do YOU own thigh boots? If not, why don't you give them a try! I'm sure you'd love them like TBG and I do! :blinkbigeyes: TBG: Well, I also hope the weather will cooperate and I can enjoy an outing or two in the boots in the near future. I had forgotten how much fun it was to wear them! Bootking: Yeah, nostalgia does have it's uses! And this was one of them! HA!

hello jeff i wanted to say those thigh boots are so awsome. you wear them really well and they look great on you. to have a woman come up to you ask you about your thigh boots like that must of been so amazing. im sure you will never ever forget that experience. to be able to have a conversation like that had to be an incredable feeling. that honestly would be so hard to put into words. hope you have a great day sincerely BHHS_LOVER

Thanks for the kind words, BHHS_LOVER. Yep, that was certainly a great experience with the woman who loved my boots and wanted them! To get a compliment on my attire means I'm doing it right and presenting just the right sort of image that openminded people appreciate.

Wow JeffB, What an outfit. Love the 8868-boots, fits perfectly on you. I have a pair of my own (among my 50 other pairs) and just love them. Although they are not really made for the winter, at least not in Sweden, they work well outdoors. Maybe I should start wearing them too. I'm more into lower heels at the moment, easier in 2 dm snow with ice under...

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe Jeff was discovered by a photographer and was consequently hired as a creative consultant for a NY fashion magazine in charge of inspiring ideas for next years' top trends which will finally introduce the world to mainstream mens heels. Naturally, he'd be very busy now. Let the man work! He'll be back when he can.

Maybe Jeff was discovered by a photographer and was consequently hired as a creative consultant for a NY fashion magazine in charge of inspiring ideas for next years' top trends which will finally introduce the world to mainstream mens heels.

Naturally, he'd be very busy now. Let the man work! He'll be back when he can.

Ya gotta be kidding, don't ya? Don't tell me Kneehighs found him and talked him into modeling for a magazine layout? :blinkbigeyes::pulsingheart::clap:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Relax, everyone! I haven't been abducted by aliens, ran away to join the circus or enjoying my new career as a men's heels fashion consultant (not a bad idea), I was just away on family business and, moron that I am, I didn't bring my password so I could at least log in here and there. To quote the esteemed Homer Simpson, D-OH! Just got back home yesterday before the snow started falling. Heaven only knows when I'll be able to go on a jaunt, what with the weather so crappy. Urgh!

I don’t always keep up with current trends and some of my vocabulary is based on my youth but, is “I forgot my password” today’s version of “my dog ate my homework”? :blinkbigeyes: Welcome bac k Jeff. You post reminded me of an event that took place about 25 years ago when a performing troupe called The Royal Lippenstein Half Ring Circus performed at the university where I was working. The troupe was one guy and a collection of college students that he had taught circus skills and they toured with him for a season. I was going through a bad period at the time and after the show and I explained to a good friend how the troupe worked. I was almost in tears when she looked at me and said, “You want to run off and join the circus don’t you”. I didn’t do it, but I’ve never forgotten the feeling. It just occurred to me that that desire may be part of the reason I enjoy wearing thigh boots with heels in public today.

I don’t always keep up with current trends and some of my vocabulary is based on my youth but, is “I forgot my password” today’s version of “my dog ate my homework”? :blinkbigeyes:

Well, I usually do keep a little cheat sheet in my wallet with passwords to websites I regularly visit, but I didn't have it with me on that trip, and it's hard to keep them all in my head. You know, it just occured to me that I've never been to the circus. Heh!

Well, I usually do keep a little cheat sheet in my wallet with passwords to websites I regularly visit, but I didn't have it with me on that trip, and it's hard to keep them all in my head. You know, it just occured to me that I've never been to the circus. Heh!

Yeah, but how can one forget the password for such an important site? I bet you remembered the password to your online bank, didn't chya? :blinkbigeyes:

Well!!!!:pulsingheart:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yeah, but how can one forget the password for such an important site? I bet you remembered the password to your online bank, didn't chya? :blinkbigeyes:

Well!!!!:happy:

To be honest, nope! :pulsingheart:

...Just got back home yesterday before the snow started falling.

Heaven only knows when I'll be able to go on a jaunt, what with the weather so crappy. Urgh!

Welcome back JeffB :-)

Do you live on the east coast where they got the big snow storm ?

Just curious to know how much snow you got...

If so, then I guess you will wear boots for a few days. (and no skirt !)

Welcome back JeffB :-)

Do you live on the east coast where they got the big snow storm ?

Just curious to know how much snow you got...

I live in Philadelphia and got 24 inches yesterday. No fun whatsoever.

If so, then I guess you will wear boots for a few days. (and no skirt !)

Yeah, I'll wear boots alright, my Timberlands! HA!

I live in Philadelphia and got 24 inches yesterday.

No fun whatsoever.

That is a lot of snow in a short amount of time !

Here we got not too much snow (yet) but it is very cold.

I heard that you may get another snow storm sometime next week.

I hope their prediction is wrong...