The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Officially, 17" here in the D.C. area, but more like 24" in the outer burbs.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

That is a lot of snow in a short amount of time !

Here we got not too much snow (yet) but it is very cold.

I heard that you may get another snow storm sometime next week.

I hope their prediction is wrong...

Yeah, we're looking at another 12 to 16 inches Tuesday night and into Wednesday. Terrific. As Old Man Winter prepares to dump on the Philadelphia region yet again, one very pleasant thought keeps me from going insane:

PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT NEXT WEDNESDAY!! :blinkbigeyes:

The really big sign that spring is on it's way! YAY!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree with Kittyinboots: It will be time to wear your OTK boots !

Nope! It's time to stay the hell inside! :blinkbigeyes:

Jeff -

Punxsutawney Phil's Groundhog Day 2010 prediction was six more weeks of winter, as he did see his shadow. I don't know how good Philly is at removing snow, or where they go with it (Cincinnati just plows the street and leaves the snow where it piles up) but your gonna run out of food and have to go out.

Stiletto heels on thigh boots aren’t bad in snow, in fact the heel gives a nice grip, but are dangerous on ice because, even if the heels grips, the sole still slides around and puts a great strain on the heel to the extent of breaking it off. When you do go out, have some paper towels with you so you can wipe the slush off your boots especially if there is salt in the mix. And don’t forget to wipe off the heels.

We haven’t had as much snow as you have gotten but I did go out this morning (4:30) and shoveled the walk and put down some salt. I did it wearing the same thigh boots you have with the 4” stiletto heel. The temperature was around 30F (-1C) so I didn’t have to deal with much ice. I was wearing black hose, a black leather skirt, black leather jacket, and my boots, and I was very warm. The only people that saw me were a few motorists and the snow plow driver and, even though they were going slowly, I don’t think they really noticed.

Wearing thigh boots in deep snow is fun. :blinkbigeyes:

“PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT NEXT WEDNESDAY!!” I’m starting to understand you attraction to football and baseball… You wear stilettos, so its only natural you would like sports where the players also wear spikes. :pulsingheart:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...

“PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT NEXT WEDNESDAY!!” I’m starting to understand you attraction to football and baseball… You wear stilettos, so its only natural you would like sports where the players also wear spikes. :blinkbigeyes:

You catch on quickly, my friend! HA!

• 2 weeks later...

2/28/2010:

Wow! Hard to believe my last jaunt was wa-a-a-a-a-a-ay back on January 9th! My, how time flies when you're having fun! Between life getting in the way and two major snowstorms that buried Philly this month, outings have been far and few inbetween, but I rectified that situation today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Today's outfit consisted of my favorite black leather jacket over a sweater I got for Christmas over a black turtleneck, my tight gray jeans and the Pleaser Legend 8868 thigh high boots along with a new handbag I bought in late December. The more I wear the Pleaser boots, the more I realize just how much fun it is to wear them, not to mention how great they look on me, especially when paired with the jeans. Before the weather warms and spring arrives (which can't happen soon enough for me after all the snow we've gotten), I'm definitely going to see what I can do about wearing them on more outings. And while I didn't need to bring the handbag since I wore jeans, I've come to enjoy using one on my jaunts instead of stuffing everything into the pockets. Meanwhile, as for today's jaunt, I headed out to the western 'burbs, namely Springfield for the first time since January 9th.

Stop number one was at Borders to see what was new on the bookshelves. The usual click-clack of my heels in the parking lot of the strip mall was sort of emphasized by the crunch of rock salt underfoot as I headed for the door, I couldn't help grinning as it felt so darn good to be wearing heels again in public. Once inside, I picked up several Mac magazines, bought some iced tea and retreated to the lounge area to enjoy my beverage and my reading material, which I did for nearly an hour and a half. During that time, I did get an odd glance here and there, might have had something to do with the boots or the fact I had my legs crossed like a woman most of the time. However, I didn't have anyone come up to me the whole time to offer compliments or ask questions or anything like that. A pity since I always look forward to chatting with bystanders about my attire, and I find the to be good fun as well.

Stop number two around 1 p.m. was down the road to another strip mall and lunch at Subway. The store was mostly empty, only a few people there, and no one gave me so much as the time of day, while that was kinda okay, again, I hoped for conversation. My last stop of the day was to Best Buy, my second home where I spent almost an hour wandering the aisles looking for new Blu-Ray discs to buy and ogling at all the latest and greatest gadgets, and while I got a fair share of odd looks and glances and a frown here and there, no one engaged me the whole time I was in the store. Even after a month and a half away from my little adventures, it felt quite natural for me to both wear thigh high boots AND carry a handbag, being perched and walking on four inch spike heels felt as normal to me as wearing sneakers do to everyone else, and I openly exhibited the casual demeanor I felt. A great feeling.

Hopefully, I won't have to wait another month or longer for my next jaunt. But, you never know, especially with the NCAA men's hoops tournament next month. Heh!

JeffB wrote

“The more I wear the Pleaser boots, the more I realize just how much fun it is to wear them, not to mention how great they look on me, especially when paired with the jeans”.

Now I know what a revival preacher feels like when he gets a convert. :pulsingheart:

Be sure to clean the salt off your boots and polish them up again after venturing out in the “salt melted snow”. :blinkbigeyes:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Kudos to you on your latest outing, JeffB! You know how to rock your style! I think it's awesome that you have come back up so far, and are now living life to the fullest once again! You have a definite air of confidence, and it shows! Well done to you!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Bootking: You couldn't be more right! As much as I've come to love wearing skirts and heels, tight jeans and thigh boots are practically an unbeatable combination, one I plan on enjoying more in the future! TBG: Not to worry, I've already done the proper cleaning after yesterday's outing. Yeah, you've certainly converted me, and then some! Wearing thigh boots is both great fun and, in it's own way, extremely empowering as I felt bold and highly confident the whole time. I'm amazed more men, and women don't wear thigh boots more, high heels or not! The feeling that comes from wearing them is intoxicating! ShockQueen: Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate your opinions! With each outing I undertake, I can feel my confidence growing, and that feels terrific!

Glad to see you out and about again! I for one have missed your Jaunts but also know what a downer the weather has been. Though we got a ton of snow here, your side of the commonwealth really got buried. You would assume that Mother Nature would know that a heeler needs to get out and strut his stuff. And boy did you! The outfit was fantastic, but I really loved the sweater. Great outing! I know what you mean about wanting conversation. I am always looking for interaction among people, maybe it is why I tend to go to the same places over and over again. As far as crossing your legs like a woman, since I have discovered the wonderful world of skinny jeans and matching them with heels (though nothing quite as bold as you) I wouldn't know any other way to sit. It looks kind of silly to sit like a guy wearing regular trousers. Besides, the leg cross get that heel out there for the world to see! Thanks for the report!

Style is built from the ground up!

Thank you for the recent post, Jeff. Love reading about your outings and I definitely love the thigh boots. I have a pair that I wore on an outing last December and I got nothing but compliments on them. Keep up the great posts and coordinated outfits and high heels.

HappyFeat: Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, the weather certainly had conspired big time to keep me from going on jaunts. Hopefully, things will work in my favor from this point on, at least until March Madness (a.k.a. the NCAA men's hoops tournament) begins, then my weekends will be occupied all over again! HA! Me? Bold? Well, I simply do as best I can! Heh! I do look forward to conversing with bystanders about my attire, but that happens so infrequently, so, on those rare occasions when it does happen, I do enjoy the interaction with others. As for effecting more feminine posture when in heels (or heels and a skirt), it's the only way to go! roniheels: Thanks for the response. Yup, wearing thigh boots is great fun, and I plan to wear mine more!

Jeff, I highly recommend trying a denim or leather mini skirt with your boots. Hose or tights are warmer than you think especially with the boots covering most of your legs. I once shoveled the driveway in a miniskirt and had a wonderful time (at 4am).

3/7/2010:

WOW! Hard to believe it's been little over two months since my last jaunt in a skirt! Well, I rectified that oversight today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

With plenty of sunshine, blue skies and temps reaching into the mid 50's (a more than welcome change after the absolutely ridiculous amount of snow we got in February), I decided to go with my brown suede jacket over a gold colored turtleneck, the 22 inch button down skirt from JCPenney, L'eggs black tights, the Payless "Lance Flex" pumps in black patent and my new black handbag. As much as I enjoyed my previous two outings in jeans and thigh boots, it felt great to be out and about in a skirt again, and pairing it with the Lance Flex pumps made the experience even better. Having gotten something of a late start on my outing thanks to chores I had, by the time I got to the western 'burbs, it was almost noon, so I decided to make my first stop Subway for lunch. The place was empty when I went in, so I placed my order, ate at my leisure, then headed out for stop number two, being Borders down the road.

Having intentionally parked a goodly distance from the store, I wanted to reacquaint myself with the delightful clicking of the four inch heels on the pavement, a minivan passed by me on it's way out and the occupants did a double take, nothing I haven't seen from other people before, as if it's odd thing to see a man in a skirt, heels and sporting a handbag. I mean, really! Admittedly, I did feel a wee bit self-conscious, but that was from the usual concern I often express about being overdressed on a lazy Sunday afternoon, however, that concern was quickly laid to rest after I entered the store and a saw a woman in a paisley dress, a short black blazer and black pumps with heels higher than mine, a rarity in itself. After selecting several magazines, I retreated to the lounge area for some quality reading time, while I did get a double take here and there, all in all, it was a most relaxing hour and a half spent in the store.

While the outing was relatively short, it was rewarding because I got to wander about in a skirt again, and, like I said, it felt darn good.

You definitely hit the look spot-on for a nice spring outfit, JeffB! I like the way you put the jacket with the rest of the outfit to make it a complete package. I'm sure you feel way more relaxed when doing your bookstore jaunts in a nice skirt, and you just make it look way easy. Props to you on another successful outing. May you have many more in the future!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Hi Jeff, well done - a great look! I like the patent pumps, skirt and handbag combination. You can't go wrong with some classical stuff. Patent black high heeled pumps are a wardrobe staple, so to is a black leather handbag. Can I also suggest trying this look with neutral toned legs, or dare I say it go bare... This look will really work the shoes - they'll contrast your leg, and the skirt will co-ordinate and the handbag will balance the shoes. Thats a great pair of heels you have, they are obviously comfortable too - make them really work to your benefit. Cheers Heel-Lover

Love the clothes, jacket, and especially those 4" stiletto high heels. I too love the sound of the clicking on the pavement. I too sometimes go out of my way to walk a little farther in stiletto high heels. Congratulations on another coordinated outfit, high heels, and great outing.

ShockQueen: Bookstores like Borders are great places to enjoy a fashion freedom outing as you're left to your own devices, no one bothers you and you can relax while reading. I recommend bookstores highly for such jaunts! Danielinheels: Well, I'm always experimenting in one way or another with different colors and tones as I like coming up with new and interesting combinations. I wasn't sure at first that I could make last Sunday's outfit work, but I decided to go ahead with it anyway. In the end, I thought it worked well. Dawn HH: Many thanks for the kind words! :smile: Heel-Lover: Glad to read that you liked the outfit. I also liked your suggestions as well. Come spring and summer, I do plan on going without hosiery since everyone here says my legs look great without it. And yeah, the Lance Flex pumps are indeed comfortable and a treat to wear. roniheels & Bootking: Thanks for your compliments. I do as best I can to look my very best.

3/21/2010:

With spring having arrived with a flourish, what with plenty of sunshine, blue skies and warm weather as the temps reached into the low 70's, I hit the road for a jaunt. Here's my outfit for the day:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Because it was a lazy Saturday, I decided to go casual with a blue polo short, a 19 inch black denim skirt from JCPenney, bare legs, my two inch heeled loafers and my black Buxton bag which I hadn't used in awhile. Nothing fancy, mind you, just something plain that would help me to blend in with other casually dressed people enjoying the nice weather. Stop number one was at my favorite comic shop in downtown Philly, traffic was kinda messy because of construction, so it took a wee bit of time to find a parking space, and that was a good block away from the store, but I didn't mind the walk, especially when I got a couple of double takes from motorists passing me by, as if they had never seen a guy in a skirt before. Heh! After a good twenty minutes or so in the store, it was back in the car and off to South Jersey for the rest of my outing which would be a tad shorter than usual as I wanted to get back home to watch the NCAA tournament.

Lunch was at the food court at the Moorestown Mall (Arby's) where I did get some more glances and double takes, most notably from kids and teenagers, nothing I hadn't experienced before, so I shrugged it off. Afterward, it was off to Barnes & Noble for manga hunting, I spent a leisurely half hour in the store, casually wandering from aisle to aisle, once again, the only ones who gave me a long glance was a couple of teen boys, both of whom looked me up and down. While near the magazine racks, one of those boys, a look of puzzlement on his face came up to me and asked why I was wearing a skirt, I told him simply, "Because I like to. And there's no law against it." That left him even more puzzled, but he said nothing and walked off. His expression made me grin as I suspect he was goaded into approaching me by his pal. After making my purchase, I headed off to Best Buy where I spent close to an hour wandering and shopping.

All in all, it was a great day to wear a skirt, despite how warm it was, I felt cool and comfortable, and that made the outing very enjoyable for me. What made things so much fun was how remarkably natural it felt to be in a skirt, like I had been doing that for years, and that felt very good. With spring here and summer on the way, so will more more outings in skirts!

.. one of those boys, a look of puzzlement on his face came up to me and asked why I was wearing a skirt, I told him simply, "Because I like to. And there's no law against it."

You know that he was probably bewildered for the rest of the day on that one! I would have been hysterical afterward!!!

Great look and outing Jeff!

It's all about the heel!