The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

roniheels: Glad to help in whatever way I can. I'm very pleased that I've been a positive influence on others here. I'll continue to do my very best to present a positive image of a man in heels (and the occasional skirt). kikepa: Thanks! Like I said, I'm no expert at the snappy comeback, so I amazed myself at my response to that kid. Heh!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

5/17/2009:

Thanks to some loopy weather in which a cold front that blew through Saturday night resulted in a cloudy and blustery Sunday, I took advantage of those conditions to do something REALLY wild and crazy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's right, kids, I finally went on an outing in a miniskirt and thigh boots! The skirt in question I bought at Old Navy a few weeks ago and was waiting for the right opportunity to pair it with my Pleaser Legend 8868 thigh boots. At 17 inches long, this is easily THE shortest skirt I've yet to wear, ironically enough, today's outing dovetailed perfectly with my latest blog entry where I talked about how my hemlines on the skirts I've been wearing have risen with my confidence at being seen in public in them. You can read all about that here:

http://www.hhplace.org/blogs/jeffb/54-hemlines_rising_my_confidence.html

Anyway, as fate would have it, I did have a seriously legitimate reason for going out today as I needed to buy a new external hard drive for my computer as I use it to backup my files, so I had to go out and replace the drive. So, I drove to Micro Center in the western 'burbs on my little mission, you see, there was a method to my madness as I was more than a little self-conscious about being seen in such a short skirt, so I chose that computer store which was quiet and often bereft of crowds, something I needed to help build my confidence on this important outing. After arriving in the lot, it took a good ten minutes or so to get up the nerve to step out of the car and head into the store. Once inside, I expected heads to turn all over the place when I was seen, but that didn't happen as I went about my business of buying that new drive as I spent a good twenty minutes or so in the store, no muss, no fuss. That surprised me.

Leaving the store, I felt emboldened, so I decided to go to another locale, that being the Borders bookstore in Springfield. After arriving in the lot, I only needed five minutes to mentally toughen myself up before leaving the car and walking towards the door. As I neared the store, I could see my reflection in the windows and thought that I looked damn good, causing me to grin as I was having fun. Once inside, I looked for the novelization of the new Star Trek movie which took about ten minutes for me to find, but then, I wasn't in any hurry. Borders was considerably more crowded than Micro Center, including kids right on up to teenagers and customers of every stripe, age and race. Again I was surprised as I didn't generate any long looks, double takes, shocked expressions or pointed fingers. Sadly, I couldn't spend any quality time in the lounge as there was no way on god's green earth that I was going to sit in this damn thing!

After being treated respectfully like every other customer, I left Borders and decided on a whim to try one more place and push the envelope one more time----Best Buy. If I was going to get any sort of reaction, positive or negative, I figured that would happen there, especially in a store that was usually very crowded on Sundays. I spent well over half an hour in the store wandering the aisle, gawking at the latest and greatest gizmos and gadgets as I'm wont to do every time I'm in Best Buy, and again----nothing. Absolutely nothing. I was puzzled, I mean, here I am, a man, wearing a miniskirt and spike heeled thigh boots and I barely drew a glance from everyone around me. Wow! Not bad, not bad at all. Needless to say, my confidence was quite high and was having a great time. Leaving the store with the Blu-Ray version of Star Trek II, III and IV, I was feeling pretty damn good with my outing which was most rewarding.

As I drove home, I went over everything that happened today in my mind, trying to draw some sort of conclusion as to why I basically went ignored in three different places, despite my attire which screamed "unusual" because of my gender. I mean, I thought sure I'd get wide eyed gasps or be flat out laughed at, but that never happened. Was that positive outcome the end result of my environment or the people I surrounded myself with. If I had gone someplace else, would said result had been the same or different. Admittedly, I have no idea. If you have any opinions, I'd like to hear them. But, that didn't take away from how much fun I had wearing that miniskirt, moreso than I thought. Once again, I pushed the envelope big time in my quest for fashion freedom and lived to tell the tale. I can't wait to see what happens next!

JeffB, let me be the first to say that you have left me in awe. Simply amazing, not only did you have an outing that totally pushed the the gender line for an outfit, but you chose something that normally would have turned heads when worn by a woman! I have no idea what to say about the lack of absolute shock that conventional wisdom would have implied that many people would have had strong reactions except that it has been my experience that more is often less when it comes to freestyling. I know I get more attention in conservative heels and men's clothing than I do wearing red peep toes and attire marketed to women. However I have never tried something as outrageous as what you wore today, it only seems to confirm my more is less hypothesis when it comes to heeling. Here is my theory as it may relate to your experience based on some of my more daring times out. It isn't that people don't notice, they obviously have to. I think the more confidence you carry yourself with, the more over the top the outfit, the more intimidating (for the lack of a better word) you become. People are going to think if you have the stones to wear thigh highs with a mid thigh skirt, you are a man who is not to be taken lightly. Of course I do not have any knowledge of psychology or animal behavior to draw from, but I think most of the fear that guys have about making their own fashion statements is largely self inflicted not the result of any societal pressures. There is one thing that disturbs me however. You bought Star Trek II, II, and IV on Blue Ray, choosing to bypass Star Trek - The Motion Picture (V'ger eats the Bald Chick), Star Trek V - Kirk versus God, and Star trek VI - The Apology. Are you are Star Trek snob? Then again, my favorite incarnation of the entire franchise was Deep Space Nine. Also, here's an outfit idea for you. You need to get one of those women's officer uniforms from the original series with the tall boots. Now that would be a look that would get some attention. No, not that you are a guy in a dress, but anybody who goes out in public in a Star Trek uniform would turn a few heads. Great outing. You have inspired me yet again my friend!

Style is built from the ground up!

HappyFeat: Thanks for the kind words. I must say that yesterday's outing provided one hell of a rush for me. Pushing the envelope like I had proved to be a whole lot of fun, perhaps the most fun I've had freestyling in ages. And yeah, for a guy to wear the sort of outfit usually seen on women had to have been startling for the ordinary Joe or Jane on the street. Heck, if I were an "ordinary" person and I saw a guy wearing a miniskirt and thigh boots stroll by, I'd probably give said guy a second look. Heh!

Meanwhile, I found your commentary to have been right on target. It would seem that the outrageous is taken more in stride by the public at large than does the ordinary. As for being "intimidating", well, I don't know about that, but I did make a note to carry myself with a casual but confident air, like I didn't care what people thought about how I was dressed, that I wouldn't submit to what society thinks I should wear. But I choose to ignore that limited mindset. However, I had hoped to have had passersby comment on my outfit, sadly, that didn't happen as I was eager in engage the curious in conversation. In retrospect, I hope I didn't come off as being unapproachable. In any event, I was amazed at how easy it had been to wear something that outrageous and not cause a scene, again, it made for a lot of fun. It also makes me wonder if I can pull that off anywhere, I'm not sure, but I'm willing to experiment, just to see what might, or might not happen. Clearly, I'm hooked on wearing skirts and heels, and I'm really enjoying this particular little addiction.

There is one thing that disturbs me however. You bought Star Trek II, II, and IV on Blue Ray, choosing to bypass Star Trek - The Motion Picture (V'ger eats the Bald Chick), Star Trek V - Kirk versus God, and Star trek VI - The Apology. Are you are Star Trek snob?

A Star Trek snob? Gosh! Never knew such a thing existed. HA! I should've explained that those movies I bought were a boxed set, one of two different sets, the other being all six films starring Kirk and company. As for your suggestion, hmm! Interesting! Heh!

Jeff, Certainly you are having great fun pushing the envelope. However, I do disagree with the "wearing the sort of outfit usually seen on women" only because whilst you may see many women wearing mini-skirts, you will find very few out and about in thighboots. I was thinking about the mini-skirt thing and perhaps the shorter the skirt hem, the closer it gets to where shorts would sit. So maybe the skirt kinda gets missed. Obviously the stiletto equipped thighboots do not get missed, but in your experimentation with various hem lengths, do you feel you get less attention from the long or short hemlines? You do have Political Correctness on your side for all this and whilst I am no great fan of PC, it does have its uses and this is a perfect case in point. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Jeff,

Certainly you are having great fun pushing the envelope. However, I do disagree with the "wearing the sort of outfit usually seen on women" only because whilst you may see many women wearing mini-skirts, you will find very few out and about in thighboots.

Upon further review, I wholly agree with you. I can't remember the last time I saw a woman sporting thigh boots, not even during winter. I guess that guys like us fancy thigh boots more than women. Ain't that ironic! HA!

I was thinking about the mini-skirt thing and perhaps the shorter the skirt hem, the closer it gets to where shorts would sit. So maybe the skirt kinda gets missed. Obviously the stiletto equipped thighboots do not get missed, but in your experimentation with various hem lengths, do you feel you get less attention from the long or short hemlines?

Hmm! That's a darn good question. When I think back to past outings in both long skirts and short skirts, I have to say I've gotten more turned heads in the former, not the latter. Go figure! While a short skirt can be mistaken for standard shorts, there's no mistaking a long skirt for just what it is----a skirt!

Alas, I’m starting to think that nobody believes me.

Thighboots with heels and a skirt on a guy who is wearing them confidently makes a number of statements simultaneously:

• I’ve got enough nerve to wear this in public.
  • I like what I’m wearing.
  • I think it looks good.
  • I don’t really give a rip what you think.

For the folks (guys or gals) that haven’t tried fully exposed thighboots with heels, the first thing you have to do is tear the page out of the play book that reads, “What to do if someone notices I’m wearing heels (or a skirt, or boots)”. Whether they react or not, people notice what you are wearing so that no longer becomes a concern. Once you get past that (which takes 5 -10 min. of sitting in a car) you get to walk out on the stage and put on a great performance just like you own the place (which at this point, you do).

Thighboots a short skirt, and a jacket make a great outfit! As one lady pointed out to me, “You have to wear a mini or it hides the boots.” The jacket ties the whole thing together.

I prefer to carry the bag with the strap over my right shoulder and my right hand on the strap rather than having the strap cross my body.

JeffB – Great show!

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Alas, I’m starting to think that nobody believes me.

Thighboots with heels and a skirt on a guy who is wearing them confidently makes a number of statements simultaneously:

• I’ve got enough nerve to wear this in public.
  • I like what I’m wearing.
  • I think it looks good.
  • I don’t really give a rip what you think.

Well, after my outing on Sunday, I'm certainly a believer! It was amazing how I didn't raise any sort of fuss in the outfit I wore, and yeah, I had one hell of a lot of fun too! All your statements were right on target too! All in all, it was such an empowering experience for me, one I definitely want to repeat in the future.

For the folks (guys or gals) that haven’t tried fully exposed thighboots with heels, the first thing you have to do is tear the page out of the play book that reads, “What to do if someone notices I’m wearing heels (or a skirt, or boots)”. Whether they react or not, people notice what you are wearing so that no longer becomes a concern. Once you get past that (which takes 5 -10 min. of sitting in a car) you get to walk out on the stage and put on a great performance just like you own the place (which at this point, you do).

Again, I couldn't agree with you more. It WAS like I was giving a performance, and that I was the star of the show. A tremendously uplifting feeling to say the very least. Now I find myself thinking about where else I could show off that ensemble because I DO want to wear it again, and soon! I never imagined something like that a scant few weeks ago!

I prefer to carry the bag with the strap over my right shoulder and my right hand on the strap rather than having the strap cross my body.

That particular bag is designed to be worn across the body. But I'll just use my handbag for my next outing. Thanks for the kind words.

Greatings JeffB and Thighbootguy :-)

I must say you got a lot of nerve. Congrats ;)

I could not imagine myself doing it and I guess you were like this only a few weeks ago...

Don't have any skirt yet. Maybe I should. Reading you, It looks like a lot of fun to wear :penitent:

If I would do this, I think I would sit in my car a few hours before going out ;)

Well done !

danielp6406: Thanks for the kind words. Not every man who enjoys expressing fashion freedom has what it takes to really push the envelope by wearing a skirt, so don't feel bad or shortchange yourself if you think you can't, nor should you follow either my example of thighbootguy's if you're not comfortable with the decision. Bottom line, to each their own, you have to do what makes YOU feel good inside.

5/24/2009:

Today was a doubleheader freestyling event of sorts as I went on two separate outings in two separate outfits. As I mentioned over in the General Fashion thread, I had bought a navy blue skort at JC Penney yesterday, so I decided to take it on a spin this morning:

Posted Image

Posted Image

MORNING

A patterned blue polo shirt with the skort and my 2 inch heeled leather loafers with bare legs of course as I've gotten quite used to that. Anyhoo, seeing this was the first time I've worn a skort, I found it to have been quite comfortable, and with the "built-in boxers", I didn't need underwear, and that made me feel, well, free, all in all, a delightful feeling, one made even better because the skort was all of 18 inches and I liked how it showed off my long legs. I made two stops that morning, the first was to Kinko's to make copies of some paperwork, as it was around 7:30 a.m., there were only a few people in the store when I walked in and no one gave me so much as the time of day. Twenty minutes later, I was back in the car and, on a whim, I decided to go to the supermarket for my second stop. I often do my grocery shopping on Sunday mornings, so I had an excuse. Heh!

After arriving at the supermarket around 8:15 or so, I casually hopped out, grabbed a shopping cart and went in, pretty as you please. There was a fair number of shoppers in the store, no doubt stocking up on stuff for Memorial Day, but again, no one made an issue of my appearance, I think I got a brief stare here and there, nothing more than that. After a good ten minutes in line at the ATM, I went about my shopping, taking my time, going up and down aisles as I went about my business, and I felt liberated because I was doing what I wanted, dressed how I wanted, oh, yeah, I also felt chilled when I wandered down the frozen food and dairy aisles. Word of warning, if you choose to wear a short skirt in your local supermarket, be prepared to end up with chilly legs. Heh! I was in the market for a good half hour, and, after awhile, I sort of forgot I was wearing a skort, that's just how comfortable it was. All in all, a good time.

AFTERNOON

However, my morning outing wasn't enough for me. I think it's getting to the point where I actually look for excuses to go out in a skirt, so I indulged myself in the late morning:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A beige polo shirt, my 22 inch denim skirt and the aforementioned loafers from this morning which I like wearing on casual outings as the two inch heels make a low profile but satisfying clack on the ground. Oh, yeah, bare legs again, with temps in the high 70's when I left the house, hosiery would've been the height of folly. I made two stops, the first being to Best Buy, my home away from home given my love for gadgets, there was a fair crowd in the store when I arrived around noon, again exercising the sort of casual air I've developed when wearing skirts, I walked on into the store, as is my wont, I was in there a good long time, at least half and hour as I checked out all sorts of stuff, especially DVD's and Blu-Ray discs, in the end, I bought a couple of anime DVD's of shows I'm currently watching. However, even though my tummy was rumbling, I hated to leave because I enjoyed being in Best Buy, but I did, though reluctantly.

Stop two was a mile or so down the road to a strip mall in the western 'burbs at Office Depot as I needed a ream of paper for my laser printer and some padded mailers. There were few people in the store which I found somewhat disappointing, but, with my usual casualness, I went about my shopping for the things I needed, then left for lunch at Subway a couple of doors down. Just like everywhere else, I didn't raise a fuss or anything there as I enjoyed a five dollar footlong (no, I didn't sing that stupid jingle), then returned home. This wound up being quite an enjoyable day as I pushed the envelope just a wee bit further again, wearing skirts have become as commonplace to me on my jaunts these days as high heels have to everyone else, however, I'm working on integrating the latter with the former. And I continue to be pleasantly amazed with how remarkably comfortable skirts are, especially on hot days like this one.

And my freestyling jaunts continue....

Jeff, outstanding outings! I have thought about trying a skort myself, but I just figure that I might as well wear a skirt. Also, I love how you decided to go out again in the afternoon. That happens to me a lot - any chance to go out in heels is a welcome opportunity that I have a tough time passing up. But what I find truly impressive is how comfortable you have become in a skirt. Not only do you blend in well, you really don't seem to notice others noticing you - if that makes any sense. To me that's truly the sign of being comfortable dressing how you choose. Now to get a jaunt in your new blazer...

But what I find truly impressive is how comfortable you have become in a skirt. Not only do you blend in well, you really don't seem to notice others noticing you - if that makes any sense. To me that's truly the sign of being comfortable dressing how you choose.

Admittedly, I've surprised myself with the level of comfort I've attained while wearing skirts in public. And that level of comfort contributed greatly to the fun I've had on my skirt outings. Originally, I figured I'd be extremely jittery, but that's yet to happen, regardless of how long, or how short my hemlines have been. I mean, if being seen in that miniskirt two Sundays ago didn't result in a nervous breakdown, then nothing would! HA! And while I'm sure others have noticed my attire, I don't worry about it anymore, let 'em look, I can't control the actions of bystanders who see me, so I opt not to pay them any attention. I'm sure that kids who wear foot high purple mohawks with goth wear or jeans with the waistband down to their crotch don't care about what people think of them, so I take that same approach. Simple as that.

Now to get a jaunt in your new blazer...

Yes, sir! I'm working on that! HA!

Hey Jeff,

Nice casual look with the skort! Keep it up!

Thanks! I'll do my best! Casual outings are really fun because I feel so at ease and blend in easily with my surroundings. More such outings to come!

5/31/2009:

Given how infrequently I get to go on any freestyling jaunts, I take advantage of each and every opportunity that comes down the pike to get out and about, especially in a skirt. So, with that in mind, I decided to do another “doubleheader” outing like I had last Sunday.

MORNING

Because it was cloudy and a little chilly, I opted for the following outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My brown suede jacket over a long sleeved blue turtleneck, my favorite 22 inch denim skirt and my two inch heeled loafers with bare legs which has become something of a routine as spring marches on. My first stop of the morning was to the local gas station to fuel up, I did get a turned head from another patron gassing up at the next island across from me after I got out, but that was it. Stop number two was Rite-Aid to buy the Sunday paper ass it hadn’t arrived at my house for some reason. As it was around 8 a.m., the store was almost empty, just half a dozen customers or so as I went to the aisle where the newspapers were located, the girl at the cash register briefly gave me an odd look which made me wonder if I was overdressed for the drug store, but she didn’t say anything as she rang me up, and I didn’t say anything to her. Period.

My third and final stop was to Pathmark half a mile away to take care of my weekly grocery shopping. Unlike Rite-Aid, the supermarket was considerably more bustling, but that didn’t bother me as I went about my business of shopping. About fifteen minutes in, I walked past a little girl riding in a cart who giggled and pointed at me, that was the first time in quite a long time, if ever that I got a giggle from anyone, but having long since accepted the notion that I would get such reactions from people around me, I paid the kid no attention and casually went about my shopping. When you’re in a semi-crowded environment such as a supermarket, those sort of things are bound to happen, so I’ve acclimated myself to such reactions. Regardless if you wear heels or a skirt like I do, you HAVE to have a thick skin or you’ll never leave your closet.

AFTERNOON

Sometimes, life is all about pushing the envelope, mostly to see just how far you can go, how much you can defy convention, and I think I did that on this outing in this outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Because HappyFeat asked for it, I finally got around to wearing the new blazer I bought a couple of weeks ago, pairing it with a dark red shirt, my 21 inch denim skirt and, yes, the Payless "Lance Flex" pumps in red, only the second time I've worn these shoes in public. That's where the envelope pushing came in, wearing something other than black shoes on a freestyling outing. Lastly, as everyone can see, I sported a new handbag I bought at Penney's yesterday. And, because of a sudden temperature spike late in the morning, I again went without hosiery. At the risk of sounding full of myself, a rarity for me, I happen to think I looked great in that outfit, and I felt great too. If you don't feel great, you can't have fun! With that, I went on my outing, my first stop being to Olive Garden in the western 'burbs for lunch.

After arriving, I took a deep breath then hopped out. Unlike my previous outings, I fully expected to garner a few stares because I was wearing red shoes with that short skirt, but I was prepared for that. The sound of my heels clicking on the pavement as I walked to the restaurant helped to increase my sense of calm as I got my first stare from an elderly couple just leaving the place, the woman cocked her head to the left and frowned, but I ignored them, after all, I figured I'd get more. Once inside, acting calm and reserved, I was led to a table and, five minutes later, my assigned waitperson (Michelle) asked if I was ready to order, with a nod, I ordered the chicken and shrimp carbonara with raspberry lemonade. As I waited, a couple of gents walking past to their table saw the shoes and looked somewhat confused.

Finally, my entree arrived and got down to business of stuffing my face, and boy, was that dish ever great! If anyone took notice of my skirt or my shoes, I paid them no mind as I was too busy enjoying my meal to care one way or another. That made for a satisfying feeling. Once I finished and Michelle came to my table with the bill, she grinned and said I looked nice, nothing more, just that I "looked nice". Nothing like a compliment to bolster the spirit, so I gave her a nice tip for the service she provided me. Perhaps the compliment was geared towards that nice tip, I didn't care, I was going to give her one anyway. Rising to my feet, I walked casually through the dining area which had filled up since my arrival, again, I'm sure the short skirt and red shoes earned me plenty of stares, but I didn't care as I left the restaurant.

This made for one of my more rewarding outings as I boldly reinforced my view that a man CAN wear a skirt and high heels and look damn good. In fact, I feel like I'm getting just a little closer to the point where I'll only wear skirts with my heels on my freestyle outings because I love the experience so much, and it's a lot of fun! Meanwhile, the addition of the blazer really dressed up what was a casual outfit, made me wish I had thought of investing in a blazer long ago, and I have HappyFeat to think for steering me in this direction. I'll see about adding a couple more blazers in different colors to add variety to my outfits in the future.

Greatings JeffB :-)

It is nice to see you are such at ease wearing a skirt.

It looks like a completely "normal" thing for you to do now...

BTW, Will you wear the skort you got from JC Penney on your next outing ?

Would be nice to see a picture. I am getting "inspired" a little bit...

Meanwhile, the addition of the blazer really dressed up what was a casual outfit, made me wish I had thought of investing in a blazer long ago, and I have HappyFeat to think for steering me in this direction. I'll see about adding a couple more blazers in different colors to add variety to my outfits in the future.

A blazer is a fantastic addition to any freestylers wardrobe. It can be worn skirts, jeans, dress pants etc.

I just got myself a womens black business suit blazer and it looks great with so many of my outfits. I personally love the style of a feminine business suit (the main reason I decided on getting the blazer) which includes a blazer, dress shirt/turtleneck sweater, pencil knee skirt and stiletto pumps/boots. Add a trenchcoat to that look in the winter/rainy days and it looks superb.

Looking good as usual Jeff. You'd also look terrific in the outfit I've just described.

...Because HappyFeat asked for it...

Well, I really would like a Porsche 911 as well. See what you can do! ;)

JeffB, I am very impressed with you outings on Sunday, especially the afternoon "session." First, you look fantastic in the blazer, as I knew you would. You have a long, lean body, which is only complemented with the jacket. As Max pointed out, I have found blazers and jackets indispensable to my freestyling wardrobe - though most of my jackets and blazers are menswear, I do have a few, especially shorter jackets from the other side of the store. There are few looks that a blazer simply cannot be the perfect final accent. Great look and fantastic debute for your blazer.

But what impresses me even more is your entire outfit. I love that you broke out the Merlot pumps. Not only are pumps with a skirt a bold statement, but to go with a red shoe and to match it so well with your shirt is fantastic! You just went for it and man did you knock it out of the park. Though it really isn't as exciting in many ways as a more "mobile" outing, I love going places and sitting, like you did at the Olive Garden. You really put yourself out there, did your thing, and nailed it. You are a true champion!

My suggestion from reading your outing and seeing your outfit in a blazer it to try a woman's skirt suit. Max made a wonderful point about this as well. I know that you have wanted to try a dress and I know dresses have issues for guys, but I think you could pull off a suit for sure. My suggestion is to buy a jacket and skirt as separates, because your jacket size and skirt size may be a bit different. Just another option...

And in my opinion, the waitress told you you looked nice because you DID look nice. Way to go and thanks for continuing to inspire.

JeffB...

I agree with HappyFeat. When you look nice no matter what you are wearing, people will compliment you. Your outfits are so well coordinated with your high heels and I'm sure your confidence in these out firts is the reason you are not only enjoying your outings, but the positive reactions are opening the door for more men to be accepted in whatever attire and whatever footwear. You are always an inspiration to me and once again I commend you on your fashion choice and attitude.

Thanks for the kind words, everybody! danielp6406: Another outing in the skort? Hmm! Interesting! I'll see what I can do! Heh! That might be fun! Yeah, I'm starting to think that wearing a skirt IS normal for me! And, as I've said many times before, it's great fun! Maximilian!: It was remarkable how that blazer made what was a merely casual outfit really pop! Wish I had discovered that long ago! I found your fashion ideas rather intriguing, I'll have to investigate that further as that would make for a good look! I think that would work well for me if done right, and I always make sure I do my outfits right. HappyFeat: Well, there's a hobby store about a block away from where I work, and they sell small scale car replicas like Porsches. Your wish is my command! HA! Meanwhile, I'm glad you liked the blazer I sported, I was very pleased with how good it looked on me and how it dressed up the outfit I wore. Now that I have a new weapon in my fashion arsenal, I plan to use it as often as I can! As for wearing the merlot pumps, yeah, that made for quite a bold departure for me, especially having worn them with a skirt, I certainly was "out there", and it made for an exciting experience. In some ways, it was like wearing heels in public for the first time all over again, and it was positively thrilling. As for pairing my blazer with a non-denim skirt, I'll certainly look into that. Oh, yeah, and I still haven't ruled out a dress, just have to find the right one! roniheels: I'm glad that you liked and appreciate what I've done. Yep, when you look good, and feel good, you will be complimented, regardless of what you happen to be wearing. And I'm doubly glad to be an inspiration to others like yourself.

JeffB:-) I really enjoy reading of your adventures. When you and I first started posting to each other, I never thought all of this would develop to this point, did you? You certainly are on the cutting edge. Keep it up, my friend. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

JeffB:-)

I really enjoy reading of your adventures. When you and I first started posting to each other, I never thought all of this would develop to this point, did you? You certainly are on the cutting edge. Keep it up, my friend.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Greetings! It's great to hear from you, and I hope all is well. Did I think my fashion freedom would evolve to where it has, regularly wearing skirts? Nope, I sure didn't! Things just, well, happened. I can't think of any other way to describe how everything's gone down, all I can say is that I'm having a great time so far.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been quite awhile since I've been around JeffB... Remember me? Good to see you're still out and about doing your thing! Is Quartz still around? Used to love reading about his adventures as well! Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

7/3/2009

Wow! Has it been a shade over a month since my last outing? How time flies when you're not looking. Well, I have no one to blame for that but myself since I tend to get really lazy during spring and summer, but I decided to get off my lazy rear end yesterday since I ahd off from work and went on an outing. In fact, it was danielp6406 who inspired my outfit after chatting about how he enjoyed a skort he had bought recently (see "Bought A Skort"), so I decided to take the one I bought out for a spin yesterday. Here's my outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A magenta polo shirt with my navy skort from JC Penney, my Buxton bag for carrying all my stuff and my 2 inch heeled loafers. And yes, I went barelegged as I've gotten quite used to that. Thank goodness I don't have to shave my legs which look darn good. Once again, the idea of wearing pants on my freestyling outings simply doesn't compute for me. Moreso, wearing a skirt below the knee is a nonstarter these days as well. Heh!

But I digress. My outing was nothing particularly special. First stop was downtown to tap an ATM, got a couple of turned heads as I crossed the street to the machine, no big deal, at only 18 inches long, combined with my long legs, it stood to reason my skort would draw a few looks here and there. Then it was off to my favorite comic shop where I bought some books and chatted about the Transformers sequel before leaving for south Jersey to goof off for awhile. By 1 p.m. when I arrived in the parking lot of Barnes and Noble, it had gotten fairly hot, but I was quite comfortable thanks to the skort, and I felt comfortable too. I spent almost an hour in the store, stalking the aisles for Japanese manga, then reading horror magazines with a delightful lemonade slushie. Ahh! Quite refreshing!

After leaving B & N, it was off to Best Buy, my home away from home to gaze at all the latest electronic doodads. So sue me, it's a weakness. It was quite crowded in the store, but I didn't care, as is always the case when it comes to wearing skirts, it's important to present the image that it's no big deal, and to me, it wasn't. I spent about an hour there too, leaving with a couple of DVD's. My last stop of the day was to JC Penney to buy some polo shirts that were on sale. While browsing, I happened across a woman who was about my age who was also thumbing through the shirts, she looked me up and down then asked if I was wearing a skirt, I shook my head and said it was a skort, adding that it felt comfortable in this heat. The lady, wearing pants, chuckled and said "I wish I had thought of that!"

And that's my outing. With summer now in residence, I anticipate more outings in skirts for the rest of the season, provided of course I can get past my habit of being lazy! HA!

Charlie: Yes, I do remember you. My, it's been awhile. I trust you're well. As for Quartz, haven't heard from him in a long time.

Bootking: Thanks for the compliment.

JeffB:-) That outfit looks quite comfortable and very natural on you and I'm sure that you thoroughly enjoyed your outing while doing your daily chores. Congrats again. It has been a long run since we were able to view your heel wearing pics in your work cubical on your other job. My how you have progressed, my friend. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Nice Job! Even though your outfit is not my cup of tea. It looks good on you. And I congratulate you for doing you own thing and not taking guff from anyone. Again, well done.