The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Dawn HH: Well, I certainly do plan to experiment with stuff like skirt suits and dresses. I'm sure I can make both look good given a sufficient amount of practice. I see that as the next evolution in my fashion freedom. Meanwhile, I already have a couple of wide belts and I'm contemplating a waist cincher. Should be fun! roniheels: I'm glad I've inspired you in my own small way. Only by going out in heels on a consistent basis do you gain confidence and that level of boldness needed to be out in the big bad public. Rest assured I'll keep the posts, and adventures coming!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...

12/28/2009:

Hard to believe it's been little over a month since my last jaunt (11/22), but, I've been awfully busy, what with work, the holidays, followed by that nasty blizzard on December 19th. However, I've finally managed to hit the road for a new outing today. Here's the outfit I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My favorite black leather jacket over a magenta turtleneck, an East 5th 34 inch long black A-line skirt from JCPenney, the Pleaser Vanity 2013 4 inch heeled knee boots, a black leather belt, black L'eggs tights and my short strap handbag. Now that I'm wearing skirts full time on my jaunts, I wanted to experiment with different styles, which brings me to this new addition to my growing collection which I saw on the Penney's website and immediately liked, so I went and bought one. This was my first A-line skirt which was perfect for the season, given its length, pairing perfectly with my boots, and I loved how beautifully it swished about my legs while I walked today. All in all, I loved wearing this skirt, and I loved how good it looked on me.

And with that, it was out to the western 'burbs for today's outing. First up was Pizza Hut for lunch, the place was fairly empty when I strolled in, only half a dozen customers were in the place as I was led to a booth. Nothing like all you can eat Meat Lover's from the buffet, and I made sure to get my fair share. HA! As I enjoyed my lunch, the place began to fill up, and a portion of the lunchtime crowd were young kids and teenagers, but no one paid me any mind, which was fine by me. Stop number two was to my home away from home, Best Buy which had a pretty good crowd, even had to do a bit of manuevering to find a parking spot, once I did, I hopped out and strolled right on in the store. Yes, I no longer walk when in a skirt and heels, I stroll, and that feels great! As is my want because I love Best Buy, I was in the there for a solid half hour plus, casually wandering from aisle to aisle, idly noticing the odd stare here and there. I finally left with District 9 on Blu-Ray and an anime DVD.

Stop number three was down the road at Borders. Again, as is my wont, I intentionally parked a good distance away from the store so I could enjoy the stroll to the front door, thrilling to the clicking of my heels, head high, looking and, more importantly, feeling calm, cool and collected. Like with Best Buy, I spent a goodly amount of time in the store, enjoying a cup of hot chocolate with a few magazines in the lounge area, before I sat, I made sure to smooth the back of my skirt, something that's become automatic for me, and after I sat, I crossed my legs like a woman, that too has become second nature, so much so that I barely notice when I do both. That did draw a stare from an older woman in a chair next to me, but she didn't say anything. It's quite pleasant to be able to enjoy a quiet moment like I did in the store, I was treated just like any other shopper in the store, I know people noticed me, kinda hard not to notice a six foot plus guy in a skirt and heels.

My final stop of the day was to the Springfield Mall. Yep, I wanted to take a stroll through a crowded mall at around three in the afternoon. The parking lot was quite full when I arrived, so it took a bit of time to find a space, once I did, I hopped out and, bold as I can be, I went on in. Right away, I turned more than a few heads, but I was prepared for that, my goal being to gauge what reactions would be from a mall full of shoppers, young and old, black and white, male and female, so forth and so on. There were to tittering, giggling or chuckling, no pointed fingers, no loud gasps of shock, no whispered slurs or insults, just quick stares and double takes, nothing more in nearly half an hour spent there. I viewed that as a small success, meaning it was possible I could go through a fairly large mall in a skirt and heels and come away with my hide intact. Acting cool and calm and collected helped a lot. Sometime down the road, I'll try a larger mall.

After a month away from jaunting, it felt damn good to hit the road again, and today's outing was terrific. I wore a new skirt, pushed the envelope just a little more and just plain had fun!

Congratulations on your latest outing. Like your outfit. Glad to hear everything went so well especially in the busy mall. It is obvious you are having a ball and living a fantasy as well. Please keep us posted as to your future adventures. Glad to hear you are back in circulation.

Congratulations on your latest outing, Jeff. I'm surprised you didn't draw some favorable reactions. While it's only natural to assume that dressed as you were, that you would provoke a few derogatory comments. But, as good as you looked, i am really surprised that no one commented directly to you how good you looked dressed that way. :cry1:. (you must have gotten your car fixed -- why was the check engine light signaling?)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Jeff, it is great to see your jaunts continue! I, for one, miss them when they are not as regular as other times. However, end of the year work and the holidays do have a funny way of eating into quality heeling time. The weather has also made it tough in our neck of the woods - strange I was thinking that one year ago today I went out in sandals because of a brief December warm spell - snow and ice just makes heeling tough. I am quite impressed with your outfit. The a-line skirt drapes perfectly for you, the length was great for the boots, and I love the belt. Before the holidays when I was out in the crowded mall, I had a very similar experience as you did in Springfield, lots of people looking, no real negative vibe, but I know there were many people did seem positive. You just look so natural and comfortable that wearing a skirt and heels really isn't THAT out of the ordinary. Glad you had a wonderful outing and glad that your Jaunts continue!

Style is built from the ground up!

kfsteve391: Thanks for the kind words. Glad to know folks like you enjoy reading my adventures. I'll do the best I can to keep that roll going. Bootking: Yeah, I've come to enjoy wearing accessories like that belt. Next, I wanna try a long chain like what you sported on your recent flight to California. And yeah, I plan on wearing boots a LOT during the winter season! Bubba136: The problem with the car was with the airflow sensor. Cost about $350.00 with labor to replace the thing. It's kinda funny, but I anticipate derogatory comments each and every time I go on a jaunt, moreso than I do compliments, but I often get neither. I guess that's a good thing, but I also look forward to engaging people in conversation if they want to comment on my attire. I can only guess that people who see me are initially taken aback at what they see, then decide not to make a scene, either because I look tastefully dressed, or that I'm just not worth the trouble to them. HappyFeat: As John Lennon was famous for saying, "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans". Still, it was darn good to have hit the road again for a jaunt. I'm glad you liked the outfit, I enjoyed it too, there was a certain...something about the new skirt that made me feel great the whole time I wore it, especially with the boots, making for an excellent wintertime combo. The more I wear skirts, the more I love them! No way in hell will I ever go back to pants on my outings! As for going through that mall, I thought I'd be a target for derision, but that didn't happen, I found that highly interesting, not to mention a pleasant surprise.

I hopped out and strolled right on in the store.

Yes, I no longer walk when in a skirt and heels, I stroll, and that feels great!

Greetings JeffB :-)

Glad to read your latest outing. Again, you look good !

There is an expression in your post which I don't understand...(My English is still not perfect)

Can you please describe what is a "stroll" ?

Greetings JeffB :-)

Glad to read your latest outing. Again, you look good !

There is an expression in your post which I don't understand...(My English is still not perfect)

Can you please describe what is a "stroll" ?

STROLL: verb (used without object)

1. to walk leisurely as inclination directs; ramble; saunter; take a walk: to stroll along the beach.

Hope that helps!

A couple of other words came to mind when I envisioned JeffB taking a stroll: promenade amble sashay (and my all time favorite) perambulate The thesaurus had a couple of other words that describe walking: stride toddle totter stagger but I know you heels far too well for any of them to apply.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG: Ahhh! The joys of a thesaurus! Heh!

12/29/2009:

Despite some bone chilling cold today, what with temps in the upper 20's with 40 mph gusts making things feel downright frigid, that didn't stop me from going out on a jaunt as I put together an outfit I like to call "Artic Casual":

Posted Image

Posted Image

A thick, quilted parka over my black and dark green sweater, my long denim skirt, the Payless "Tara" boots, black L'eggs tights, a black handbag, plus black leather gloves and a neckchain. A nice combination of warmth and casual style for an outing. And, I don't mind saying that the long skirt did a great job in helping keep my legs warm as I was out and about in the cold and gusty winds. My first stop was to a bank ATM for some cash to get through the day, then I went to the drug store to buy a newspaper to check the movie listings as I was in the mood for a film. After that, it was off to South Jersey where I drove first to Barnes & Noble to buy some manga and wandered the aisles for a solid twenty or so minutes. Even though it was midweek and around 12:30 p.m., the store was fairly well packed as I waited in the checkout line for five minutes.

From there, it was off to Moorestown Mall and the multiplex to catch Sherlock Holmes. After waiting in line at the window for over five minutes, being seen by everyone, I finally bought my ticket, from there, another first for me: going to the bathroom in a skirt. Usually, I limit my food intake on days when I know I'm going on a jaunt, but I had a big breakfast this morning, so I had to go. I was kinda apprehensive as I went in the men's room, not knowing what to expect, but it was empty, so I took care of my business then left. As for the movie, admittedly, I had my doubts that I'd like the film since I was a huge fan of the late Jeremy Brett who presented THE definitive Holmes from the 1980's BBC TV series. But, much to my surprise, I liked the movie which was a real thrill ride, and Robert Downey Jr. did a real bang up job as Holmes.

After the film ended and I came out of the theater and into the mall, I did hear a goodly amount of giggles here and there, not unexpected I suppose, but, for the most part, the shoppers and assorted passersby were well behaved. Frankly speaking, I could never understand the impulse people have to laugh, giggle or chortle at those who choose to be brave and look different from everyone else. Perhaps laughing at others gives those people an inflated sense of worth, who knows. In any event, it was another successful outing, despite the freezing weather which didn't at all stop me from enjoying a jaunt. Wearing a skirt and heels has become second nature to me, I feel comfortable and at ease in that sort of ensemble, and that has increased the fun quotent for me considerably.

Jeff, Your "Arctic Cashual" works very well. And I totally agree with you in that a long skirt, possibly with pantyhose, protects you from the freezing cold weather. You are an insiration to me and I think many others. You always looks soo good. :cry1: Keep it up and Happy new year. /Stefan

Best regards, Stefan

Let me offer my congratulations again. You must be having a blast. I often wondered how you approach a trip to the restroom in a skirt and heels. Lucky for you it was empty. As for the silly girls with their giggling, for some of them, that seems to be their nature. Your outfits do look very tasteful and well put together. It is great that you can actually live a fantasy. Please keep us posted as to your future outings.

I'm actually surprised that you didn't go with your thigh boots being as brisk as it is here in Philly. I would have gone to the movies in a pair of over knee boots I have but going home after work and changing vs going to the bar and unfortunately watching Temple lose their bowl game was preferred. As an aside was Sherlocke Holmes worth seeing in the theater? I'll probable catch the flick at K o P after the kids go back to school in the new year. Keep up the great jaunts.

stefan: Glad you liked the outfit. Doubly glad to be an inspiration to folks like you. I'll certainly try to keep up the good work! kfsteve391: Yeah, I'm certainly having fun right now. As for my restroom stop, that was a wee bit unnerving at first, not knowing what to expect, but I managed to survive. Then there's the giggling girls, well, what can you do? Short answer: nothing, so I ignored them. smittybill53: I must admit it hadn't occurred to me to break out the thigh boots. I'll make a mental note of that for a future outing. As for Temple, a good start but a bad finish, still, the Owls gave it their best shot. And yeah, I thought Sherlock Holmes was a good movie, better than I thought it would be. I think it's worth checking out.

I have a hard time comprehending, “I must admit it hadn't occurred to me to break out the thigh boots” especially in brisk weather. :cry1:

I like the Artic Casual look but I think the necklace is a bit too heavy (and long). I would suggest a shorter thinner one but still in a silver color. You might also consider a scarf on your neck in these cooler times.

I have never understood the giggling class but I suspect it is one of those “strength in numbers” things that would not be done by individuals, at least I don’t recall a lone person laughing.

Sounds like you had a great time and I might give the movie a second thought. I also really like Gerery Brentt’s Holmes although Basil Rathbone did a good job as Holmes and I have read all the Sir Author Conan Doyle stories. The Holmes image in the trailer just didn’t seem to fit.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Jeff ... I love the look and you look so cool (no pun intended) in that outfit. I have gotten to the point that I enjoy the "giggles" because to me it means that I am being noticed and acknowledged. That is one reason I wear high heels in public, to show off my high heels with my wardrobe as you and many others do. I have walked through a large mall in high heels one time whenit really wasn't al that crowded. Once again you have inspired me to revisit the mall, maybe next time when it is a little more crowded just to note all of the different reactions. Keep up the great fashions and high heels and thanks for keeping us all posted.

I have a hard time comprehending, “I must admit it hadn't occurred to me to break out the thigh boots” especially in brisk weather. :cry1:

What can I say, other than brain farts happen to the best of us! HA!

I like the Artic Casual look but I think the necklace is a bit too heavy (and long). I would suggest a shorter thinner one but still in a silver color. You might also consider a scarf on your neck in these cooler times.

Upon further review, you're right about the chain. That was my first attempt at buying jewelry, fortunately, it only cost ten bucks at Sears, so it wasn't a huge expenditure. I'll take your advise and give that another try prior to my next outing.

Sounds like you had a great time and I might give the movie a second thought. I also really like Gerery Brentt’s Holmes although Basil Rathbone did a good job as Holmes and I have read all the Sir Author Conan Doyle stories. The Holmes image in the trailer just didn’t seem to fit.

Well, I think the movie is worth a watch. It might surprise you like it did me.

roniheels: Thanks for the kind words. Your own practice of enjoying the giggles for the attention sounds intriguing indeed. Getting reactions from my attire makes for good entertainment from the odd looks I sometimes get, proof positive that the notion of a man in a skirt and heels is still unusual for most of society. I'll have to take another turn in a mall and see what happens.

I see you did the chain thing; I personally think that it blended with the look as a nice accessory, but I still think that a shorter, more tailored skirt is your better look!

Happy New Year!!

It's all about the heel!

Bootking: Glad to read that you liked the outfit, and the chain I sported. As for that shorter skirt, if you were in my neck of the woods on Tuesday when it felt like the North Pole, you'd understand why I opted for a longer skirt instead. Dawn HH: Glad you liked my "Artic Casual" ensemble. And yeah, it did keep me quite warm that day.

Bootking: Glad to read that you liked the outfit, and the chain I sported. As for that shorter skirt, if you were in my neck of the woods on Tuesday when it felt like the North Pole, you'd understand why I opted for a longer skirt instead.

Jeff, I live in New England - I know cold!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!

It's all about the heel!

Jeff, I live in New England - I know cold!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!

Then I stand corrected! HA!!

Another masterful outing Jeff! It takes a bold man to brave the weather we have been having in a skirt.

Either that or a complete and total absence of common sense! HA!

Thanks to Jeff I'm going to dig out my long skirts. Of course pix as soon as I locate them.

Well, I'll certainly be eager to see those pics! More power to you!

Hi JeffB, Still love to read about your outings, haven't been visiting so much lately so I've had some catching up to do. And it seems as you've really found you style and I just love the way you dress. Specially love the outfit with the Pleasers Vanity boots, perfect.

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

Hopefully Jeff doesn't mind me jumping in his thread. I was able to locate a couple of my long skirts. The black leather skirt I found in Goodwill only $3 Turtle neck from Khols 1. Black boots Liz C 2. Winter White Nine West 3. Winter White Marpie Rack Room Shoes - I wore these out of the store Tan Skirt I don't remember where I bought it, shots with the boots listed above. rx

post-1917-133522900926_thumb.jpg

post-1917-133522900928_thumb.jpg

post-1917-13352290093_thumb.jpg

post-1917-133522900932_thumb.jpg

post-1917-133522900934_thumb.jpg