The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Jeff, Well I see a lot of similarities, although I prefer the plainer skirt. Dale always seemed to be pictured in pleats. Not really sure he had the legs for shirts either. Perhaps you should try the skirt suit look, as our friend in NZ, Heel-Lover has done. That may be an interesting look and one that you may well carry off well. It may take a bit of courage to go that next step, but it could look very good indeed. You do not seem to overdo the height of the heel, and that to me is key. High heels, stiletto or otherwise, smack of fetish regardless of gender, and as you are moving trying to move the goalposts, avoiding that label is key. So far, I don't see anything you have done as attracting that label, but if I did, then I would say so. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Yet another fantastic outfit. In my opinion, for what its worth, it may be your best look yet. It is classic, a bit dressier, but still casual enough for a day out. Which leads me to the thought of people have taken casual to mean "sloppy" in my opinion. I think that more people need to dress smarter even when going out for a casual day. I too appreciate your parking far way to enjoy the stroll into Borders. I wouldn't call it vanity however. Empirically you looked great. Its your obligation to share that with the world. If you have gone to the same one on many of your outings, you should be fast becoming a local celebrity! Thighboots2 gives you wonderful advice about a skirt suit. You would look smashing. Recently I went to a Kasper outlet, which is a Donna Karen (I think) line of low end business suits. I tried on a couple of skirt suits and a couple of pants suits and was shocked at how great I looked. At the outlet and being the end of the season, you can find a decent skirt suit for minimal investment. Now that Labor Day has passed, the sales should really begin to pick up and I plan on going back for a suit to wear later this fall when I shave again. Of course, there is the issue of getting a skirt that fits with a jacket that will fit with a man's shoulders, however, if you get a suit with 3/4 length sleeves, it will kind of balance out the size/fit issue. The only down side to a suit is finding a place to wear it. Personally, I would wear it on an outing like you just had, but some people might be uncomfortable because of being over dressed. Anyway, it is worth thinking about because I think you would pull it off great!

Style is built from the ground up!

Here in the UK we have "high street" retailers who do both mens and womens suits in the same fabrics (I'm sure you will have similar retailers in the US). This way you can obtain a mens jacket and a matching skirt from the womans range. Personally, I would go for a knee length skirt rather than over knee. Too short and it will look wrong. I also liked Heel-Lover's use of a waistcoat. I just felt his choice of skirt was too short, but that is a matter of my opinion only. You should steer clear of jackets for women because your man shape torso is just wrong for the cut. You are investigating the juxtaposition of male/female clothing in general anyway, and this is just a more formal example. Ladies suit pants, if you want to try these too, work so much better with heels than mens pants do. The slightly bigger cuff just sits better over the shoe. I do like the cuff on ladies pants anyway just for the freer look and how it hangs so much better, even with regular shoes. Do you have a nice leather messenger type bag? I think I would prefer to see you use that rather than those I have see you in the pictures. Again this is becuase of the juxtaposition of gender identity clothing you are working with. Having a male head poking out too much of a feminine look doesn't quite work for me. You do not need to cloud the masculinity statement with too much femininity. A delicate balance indeed. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Thanks for the responses, everybody! As always, I appreciate the comments!

You do not seem to overdo the height of the heel, and that to me is key. High heels, stiletto or otherwise, smack of fetish regardless of gender, and as you are moving trying to move the goalposts, avoiding that label is key.

As a rule, I never go over four inches since I do a goodly amount of walking while on my outings, and comfort is quite important to me. Besides, exceeding four inches in purely casual settings just doesn't work and would make me stand out, as if I don't already. HA!

Yet another fantastic outfit. In my opinion, for what its worth, it may be your best look yet. It is classic, a bit dressier, but still casual enough for a day out. Which leads me to the thought of people have taken casual to mean "sloppy" in my opinion. I think that more people need to dress smarter even when going out for a casual day.

I quite agree with you. Too many people have taken to equating "casual" with "sloppy", as if they just don't care how they're seen while in public. Like women with rollers in their hair or wearing what looks disturbingly like pajama bottoms, not to mention those damnable flip-flops EVERYWHERE! As for me, it's somewhat difficult to dress down while on my jaunts, even in a casual setting because I want to look my very best while out and about in heels and a skirt, and, admittedly, that makes feel just a wee bit self-conscious about being overly dressed for my surroundings.

Perhaps you should try the skirt suit look, as our friend in NZ, Heel-Lover has done. That may be an interesting look and one that you may well carry off well. It may take a bit of courage to go that next step, but it could look very good indeed.

Thighboots2 gives you wonderful advice about a skirt suit. You would look smashing. Recently I went to a Kasper outlet, which is a Donna Karen (I think) line of low end business suits. I tried on a couple of skirt suits and a couple of pants suits and was shocked at how great I looked. At the outlet and being the end of the season, you can find a decent skirt suit for minimal investment. Now that Labor Day has passed, the sales should really begin to pick up and I plan on going back for a suit to wear later this fall when I shave again.

I have given considerable thought to the idea of a skirt suit, and, at the risk of sounding vain, I agree with both of you that I probably would look great in such an ensemble. I've searched a few resources and have seen some nice offerings, however, in almost every instance, the skirts were too damn long, falling to the knee. Kill that noise! If I were to buy a suit, I'd definitely HAVE to have the hem shortened so I can show off my legs. But seriously, the one thing that's stopped me from buying a suit is the question of where I would wear it and not stand out in whatever setting I'm in as it's WAY too dressy for casual locations like bookstores of malls. I'd have to give a whole lot of thought about where I could wear a suit and not look odd.

Ladies suit pants, if you want to try these too, work so much better with heels than mens pants do. The slightly bigger cuff just sits better over the shoe. I do like the cuff on ladies pants anyway just for the freer look and how it hangs so much better, even with regular shoes.

Pants?? YUCK!! No way, Jose! Homey don't do pants! Skirts all the way!

Do you have a nice leather messenger type bag? I think I would prefer to see you use that rather than those I have see you in the pictures. Again this is becuase of the juxtaposition of gender identity clothing you are working with. Having a male head poking out too much of a feminine look doesn't quite work for me. You do not need to cloud the masculinity statement with too much femininity. A delicate balance indeed.

Hmm! Interesting! I must say your idea does bear investigating! Thanks for the suggestion!

I too appreciate your parking far way to enjoy the stroll into Borders. I wouldn't call it vanity however. Empirically you looked great. Its your obligation to share that with the world. If you have gone to the same one on many of your outings, you should be fast becoming a local celebrity!

That was one of those rare instances where I let my ego have free reign and I openly showed off. I felt so good at that moment because I looked good, I simply wanted to flaunt, and that felt good too! Again, it's all about the incredible amount of fun that comes from wearing heels and a skirt. As for becoming a celebrity, well, I don't about that quite yet! HA!

Another very nice outfit. I like the color combination. I agree with others: This may be your best skirt outfit yet.

Thanks! I simply do as best I can.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jeff

What is so impressive is that you are able to wear a skirt and heels and still look like a man, not a man trying to be a woman. It is pioneers like you and HappyFeat that will turn the tide for men to have the freedom to wear the cloths they want. Jeff you are da man.

Jeff

What is so impressive is that you are able to wear a skirt and heels and still look like a man, not a man trying to be a woman.

JeffB :-)

I could not have said it better than billyb.

It is not everyone who can achieve what you are doing so well.

The question is WHY you don't look like a woman while wearing a skirt and heels ?

I guess it must be your "attitude"... Congrats :)

What is so impressive is that you are able to wear a skirt and heels and still look like a man, not a man trying to be a woman.

Well, it's a good thing I don't go THAT far as I suspect I'd make for one hell of an ugly woman! HA!

It is pioneers like you and HappyFeat that will turn the tide for men to have the freedom to wear the cloths they want. Jeff you are da man.

Thanks for the kind words. I guess someone has to be out there on the forefront of fashion freedom, and I'm glad to be that someone. I'm just having fun while I continue to inspire people like you.

The question is WHY you don't look like a woman while wearing a skirt and heels? I guess it must be your "attitude"

Either that or just plain dumb luck! Double HA!

Jeff, that envelope that you are pushing just keeps getting smaller and smaller and smaller............ Fine looks my friend.

Thanks for the kind words. I simply do as best I can while having fun at the same time. I continue to look forward to pushing that envelope and seeing what the end result will be. In my mind, there's no joy in remaining static, you can't go backward, you can only go forward, and I feel there are still horizons left for me to explore when it comes to fashion freedom.

JeffB,

Your style, attitude, fashion sense, and stories of your public heeling have been a continual inspiration to me. I have always admired the way you perfectly coordinate your outfits with your high heels. It seems your choice of high heels and especially heel heights would be sensible for a full day of heeling. Do you ever go out in high heels with a 4", 5", or even 6" heel coordinated with your attire?

JeffB,

Your style, attitude, fashion sense, and stories of your public heeling have been a continual inspiration to me. I have always admired the way you perfectly coordinate your outfits with your high heels. It seems your choice of high heels and especially heel heights would be sensible for a full day of heeling. Do you ever go out in high heels with a 4", 5", or even 6" heel coordinated with your attire?

As a rule, I never wear anything higher than four inches in public, more for comfort than anything else since I do a fair amount of walking while out and about, and comfort is very important to me. Thanks for your kind words. I do as best I can.

JeffB:-) I have been catching up on your posts in this thread as our vacation and other things has prevented me on being current with what is going on in the HH Place Forum. As usual, your outfits are carefully planned and you are a master at it, my friend. I still maintain that you look much better when you co-ordinate a higher heel than 2" with your outfits without compromising walking comfort. Congrats! Keep doing what you are doing as you are on top of the styling issue and having fun doing it your way. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Dawn HH: Thanks for the kind words. I strive to combine style and comfort when it comes to the shoes I wear while out and about. I like to think I've managed to strike that all important balance, and I'm quite proud of that. Thighboots2: I just finished reading that article and found it utterly fascinating. Thanks for bring it to my attention. To think that fashion designers are incorporating skirts for men is quite refreshing. Still, the stigma against men wearing skirts in the States still exists, however, the best I can do is look my best while in a skirt (with or without heels) and present the best possible image, thus proving men can wear skirts and not look odd or freakish.

And here I thought a precursor was that blank space in front of the cursor into which you typed, or the thoughts you have just before you say something really bad. :) (Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain wearing thigh boots.)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

And here I thought a precursor was that blank space in front of the cursor into which you typed, or the thoughts you have just before you say something really bad. :)

Do you have a dictionnary at home ? I suggest you look into it...

If you don't then look on the Internet for an on-line version.

PRECURSOR: One that precedes and indicates, suggests, or announces someone or something to come.

For a French speaking user, my english is not so bad after all isnt-it ?

danielp6406 –

No offence was intended, your English is fine and I do have a full Oxford English Dictionary at home.

My comment was an attempt as several puns (the humorous use of a word in a way that suggests two or more interpretations). Puns are one of the things that make the English language fun to play with and I do enjoy them. One of my favorite sites is Bad Puns which leads to the question, is there such a thing as a good pun?

To completely digress:

News from the Bicycle Wheel Manufacturers Association is that they've appointed a new spokes-person.

I went to the hairdresser, and they did my hair so that it made me look much taller.... they put lie-heights in my hair.

It is probably poor form to tie to JeffB’s thread and string it along with more bad jokes so I'll draw the line here, if that's not stretching the point. :)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, with all the "punmanship" out of the way, back to more fun stuff:

10/12/2009:

After having been away from the scene for the better part of a month (thanks to my neverending love for football), I went on a Columbus Day jaunt, and here's my outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's right, kids, I broke out my long denim skirt for this outing along with a gold colored turtleneck, the Vanity 2013 four inch heeled knee boots, black tights and my black leather jacket. Temps that day barely cracked 50 and it was quite cool, so decided that was a perfect opportunity to dress warmer, given the conditions. I know you're probably tired of hearing this because I've said this plenty of times before, but it never occurred to me to wear anything BUT a skirt, pants or jeans didn't register to me, and probably never will again on my outings, but that's not quite a definite yet. But I can't deny that I prefer a skirt, it's what I feel comfortable in and what I love most.

But I digress. First stop was to the local gas station a mile away from my house to fill the tank, even though I spent a good couple of minutes in line behind three people, I pretty much went ignored, despite my attire, and after a month away from my jaunts, it felt good to get back in harness and re-establish my cool, calm demeanor when in my outfits. Stop number two was to one of my favorite hangouts for jaunting: Borders in Springfield, just like on a previous outing, I parked a goodly distance from the store so I could enjoy a good walk through the lot so I could enjoy the swishing of the long skirt about my calves and the pleasant clicking of my heels on the asphalt. Needless to say, it felt absolutely great to me and I couldn't help grinning as I approached the door.

Once inside the store which was fairly crowded for a holiday, I did attract a stare and double take here and there, but I ignored it as I head to the manga shelves to see if anything new was in, from there, I snatched up a couple of Mac magazines, bought a cup of hot tea then retreated to the lounge area to enjoy my beverage and reading material. A college student tapping away on her laptop cocked an eyebrow as I casually smoothed the back of my skirt like any woman would before sitting down and crossing my legs in a somewhat exaggerated motion as I had seen her briefly observing me. But she didn't say a thing to me as she went back to her business. All things considered, I found it rather disappointing that she chose not to engage me in conversation.

After little over an hour in the store, it was off to Subway for lunch. Nothing exciting there as the place was empty at 1 p.m., so I guess I missed the lunchtime crowd. From there, my third stop was to Micro Center, a computer store further out in the 'burbs as I needed to buy some software for my computer, the place was rather quiet when I entered, again, a couple of double takes, but nothing more significant than that. I was in the store for little over half an hour (mostly spent happily wandering about as I'm a gadget geek), I made my purpose then went home. Overall, it was a good outing, I thought I would be a tad nervous after not having been out and about for just over a month, but, much to my surprise, I wasn't, and that was definitely a good thing to me.

Already, I can't wait for my next jaunt, and I have some good ideas in mind for that. Stay tuned.

Glad to see you are "jaunting" again. I for one have missed reading your exploits! I do love the boots. Also, I know what you mean when something like the woman in the bookstore not engaging you in conversation. I find moments like that yo be disappointing as well. Great outing!

Bootking: HA! What a great idea! Maybe I'll give that a try! :chuckle: HappyFeat: Glad to know folks like you enjoy reading my little adventures, and that you liked the boots. While I'd love to engage people about my fashion freedom, I'm just not the type to make the first move, but I keep hoping someone who sees me is driven crazy enough by curiosity to ask why I wear skirts and heels. However, it is extremely gratifying to know I can go just about anywhere (well, not large malls, at least not yet) and be left alone, perhaps even ignored to a degree. All in all, it's been quite an experience so far.

10/18/2009:

To paraphrase that old Willie Nelson song, I was on the road again on a new outing, one I'm surprised I actually made. The weather early in the morning was downright awful as the area was getting walloped by a nor'easter, rain, wind, cold temps, just plain awful. But the rain ended around nine or so, and with no more in the forecast, I decided to go on a jaunt early in the afternoon. Here's my outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My favorite black leather jacket over a navy turtleneck, my long denim skirt which I've really come to enjoy wearing as it feels comfortable and natural to me along with the Payless "Tara" boots. While conditions were dry, it was anything but comfortable as temps were no better than mid to upper 40's with a stiff wind that made things feel even chillier, but I didn't care as I was determined to hit the road after a month without jaunting. I just made a note to dress warmly (and stylishly) for the elements. Once outside, all I can say is that today was a portent of the winter season to come, then I'm gonna need more long skirts while I give my boots a good workout! But, rest assured, I'll definitely be wearing more skirts on my little adventures.

Stop number one was downtown as I swung by Kinko's to, oddly enough, go online to visit a website I've had no end of trouble accessing from home, but I didn't mind as I don't get downtown all that often. I did get an odd look from a jogger as I crossed the street to the store, my skirt blowing in the stiff wind, ironically, all he wore was a t-shirt and short, which couldn't have been fun in the chilly air, so who was he to cock an eyebrow over what I was wearing? Inside the store, I spent a good forty-five uneventful minutes at a PC workstation, no big deal, there were three people at the other workstations and they were too wrapped up in their own business to pay any attention to a guy in a long skirt and high heeled boots. Hmm! I get that a lot.

Stop number two after a ride out to the western 'burbs was to Office Depot for a new Ethernet cable for my computer and a ream of paper (recycled, gotta think of the environment) for my printer. I was warmly greeted by a salesperson when I entered, he never gave my attire a second glance, no doubt more concerned with my spending money rather than what I was wearing, and that was cool with me. There were more than a few people in the store, including a few kids and teens, though I heard one of them, a girl giggle as I walked past, whether or not she giggled at me, I have no idea, nor did I care to find out. Because I love gadgets and gizmos, I spent more than twenty minutes looking around before checking out and leaving the store.

Stop number three was to a familiar haunt, the Borders store in Springfield as I felt like a tall cup of hot tea and spending some quality time in the lounge area with a magazine or two or three. As has become something of a routine with me when I go to Borders, I intentionally park a good distance away from the store so I can indulge in a lengthy walk so I can revel in the swishing of the skirt about my legs and the clicking of the heels. Predictably, I felt bold, confident and, most of all, comfortable enough in my own skin to publicly wear clothing and footwear from "the other side of the store". The store was fairly crowded, moreso than usual, but I still managed to find a place to relax among other shoppers and loungers. It was great fun.

Oh, yeah, and, as usual, no one gave me so much as the time of day, although I'm sure I earned a few odd looks, short stares and double takes here and there, but that's okay, I'm used to that. If people want to stare (hell, I'D stare if I saw a guy stroll by in a skirt and heels!), fine, it's a free country, I understand that exercising my fashion freedom means being in one hell of fishbowl. If I didn't want to be under a microscope, I'd stay closeted, far, far away from the public spotlight, and I don't want that, mainly because I'm having a whole lot of fun! And that fun has been kicked up several notches since I've pretty much gone all skirts all the time!

Nice outing Jeff! I like the leather jacket look. In my opinion, if any person on your outing should have gotten a strange look or two it would be the jogger choosing to go running in this weather we are having. A guy in a skirt is one thing, but jogging in the cold is just CRAZY! Go Phillies!

I love your outfit and the high heeled boots you have coordinated with this outfit. I especially love your attitude. I feel the same way about the "looks." I enjoy all reactions I receive and if there is verbal exchange, I try to keep it positive. Thank you for your posts and pictures and keep the jaunts coming.

HappyFeat: Yeah, joggers are a strange breed. I prefer walking for exercise myself, less stressful on the joints. Glad you liked the leather jacket, on a day like yesterday, it was a practical choice, given how chilly it was. Ditto for the long skirt and the black tights I wore under it, so I kept pretty warm on my outing which, as usual was enjoyable. roniheels: Glad to read that you enjoyed my latest outing. Having the proper attitude is everything when it comes to what we do, whether it's just wearing heels, or a skirt like I do. You have to act like it's no big deal, act like you have every right to wear whatever you want, otherwise, you'll never be able to successfully pull it off. I like to think I've done quite well in that regard.

roniheels: Glad to read that you enjoyed my latest outing. Having the proper attitude is everything when it comes to what we do, whether it's just wearing heels, or a skirt like I do. You have to act like it's no big deal, act like you have every right to wear whatever you want, otherwise, you'll never be able to successfully pull it off. I like to think I've done quite well in that regard.

Yes, you have. Your attitude is tremendous and you can see it in the photos you post. I can tell by your verbage in your posts that you have a happy-go-lucky attitude concerning your apperal and high heels. This comes back to based on the responses you receive from the members here after your posts. Thank you for your contributions.

Greetings JeffB :-)

Nice to have you back and reading your adventures !

I like your long denim skirt. I'm sure it must be warm and nice to wear it with boots.

I went to a few store lately looking for a long denim skirt but it is impossible to find !

May I ask you where you got it and how long ago ?