The Happy Feats of HappyFeat

HappyFeat

HF, after reading your adventures, I decided last niight to stretch my comfort zone. Wearing the 3" chunky heel boots I recently bought (pictured in the "who has bought some new shoes thread), with a pair of jeans, I decided to do some grocery shopping last night. I have never gone in to place quite that public (and brightly lit!) while wearing heels. While the heels are chunky, from the side they are still obviously heels, and no one would mistake them for a heel on a typical man's shoe. I managed to stay fairly relaxed, and I really don't think any one noticed, or if they did, no one made a comment. My only period of discomfort was in an aisle where a woman was shopping with two young girls. I was afraid they might say something, but I guess they didn't notice. The boots did end up being somewhat uncomfortable on my right foot, as they are a bit too narrow, but other than that, I managed quite nicely. While I doubt that I would ever venture out into a setting that public in more obviously feminine footwear, it was a rather large step for me. One which I will likely do again after the success of this outing! I just figured hey, if HappyFeat can do what he does, I can sure manage a pair of chunky heels!

While I doubt that I would ever venture out into a setting that public in more obviously feminine footwear, it was a rather large step for me. One which I will likely do again after the success of this outing! I just figured hey, if HappyFeat can do what he does, I can sure manage a pair of chunky heels!

Greetings RonC and congrats on your first outing in heels :cry1:

After the initial stress, it was fun isnt-it ?

I hope you will keep us posted on your future outings !

And like we say here, they are only shoes after all...

RonC:-) I must also echo what has been said to this point. Now that you have successfully completed your first heeling in public, there is no reason on Gods green earth that you can't duplicate that feat time and time again and feel all of the pleasure that's built into those outings. Cudos, my friend, and welcome to the fun of streetheeling. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Extremely nice outfits and they look fantastic on you. Looking at the pics of all three from the neck down says to me---thats a girl, but I know the difference. You have a great pair of legs and the skirt lengths and shoe choices show that. The pantyhose that you chose sure helps tremendously for that look. You have got that look nailed down tight. Cudos, my friend. Keep up the good work and thanks so much for sharing it. It gives me and everyone else some great ideas for dressing and streetheeling.

I know what you mean about running the pantyhose when they are so exposed. Much easier to reuse them time after time when wearing pants protects them..

Why thank you for the wonderful comments! The HUE nylons may be the best purchase I have ever made. Not only do they help tuck the tummy, but they also really pull the legs together. Though I am proud of my legs these nylons really put it over the top. Not that I want to look like a girl, I think it is high praise that my bottom half can pass so well. Besides, I think learning a few secrets from how well a woman can hide imperfections just pulls it all together.

As for running my nylons, I am very protective of these. I have worn them twice now with little to no problem. One of the wonderful things is that they are quite sheer (15 denier, I believe) but they hold up very well. Of course when I retire them, I will get another pair and save these for wearing under pants because they "tuck" so well.

HAPPYFEAT, Great pictures! Your style of putting together the outfits is a great inspiration to us all. I like the pantyhose look as I wear pantyhose with my heels and boots. Still have not worn a skirt or dress out yet, but maybe someday. bluejay

Thanks, and welcome to the forum. As for wearing a skirt, if the mood ever strikes you, go for it. It is a lot more comfortable (and fun) than you can imagine. In many ways, I am beginning to move in the direction of JeffB...all skirts all the time...pants just done seem as much fun any more. But sine I own so many pants and jeans, I don't think that's my future quite yet.

Thanks for sharing HF and great outfits! All of them. You are living the dream of many of us here and it's always a thrill to read about your outings, along with thighbootguy. JeffB, and sooooooo many others. Hmmm, guess I'm sorta living the dream also huh.LOL My wife and I have a great time heeling and shopping together. I am very blessed and I know it. Have a wanderful and merry Christmas.

PS. If you ever get up this way,please stop in the shop, which is our home also for a cup of cap or coffee. Come as you R! We would love to have you.

That goes for anyone here.:wave:

Johnieheel, you are ABSOLUTLY living the dream. I know many guys hear have supportive spouses, but Ruthie is the BEST. You guys have a fantastic relationship and she seems to go far beyond supportive. I may have some time in the next few weeks, and I may just make a trip to Canton to say hey! Thanks for the offer!

Nice outfits all. I do especially like the slim jeans, grey trouser socks and heels look. It really sets off the shoes.

Also, looks to me like someone has lost a few pounds! Looking good!

Actually, I LOVE trouser socks and find it so much fun matching them with outfits. I wear them a lot even with regular guy clothes. I think it is one thing I have taken from the guy's side in my heeling...matching my socks to my shirt. I don't heel too often doing that, but I do strive for that kind of detail.

I HAD lost a few pounds, but think the holidays are inviting them back. But I also credit the nylons for helping "suck it up" so to speak.

So, HF, now you are an exalted deity! :cry1: I suppose you are when wearing heels, because you move in a mysterious way. :wave:

You continue to impress and inspire us; well done. I do like the second look in particular and I think you carry it off better than many women would.

Well, I don't think I can be deified if I do it myself. Though I do think highly of myself, omnipotence just seems like too much of a bother most of the time. If I were a god, it would be the god of typos and misspellings....

Thank you for your kind words. I think that the reason many of us freestylers pull off our looks better than most women is that we put a lot more effort into it. When I get to go out, maybe a couple days a week anymore (if I am lucky) I spend days planning outfits. And when I do get to go out, I really want to nail it. Girls get the whole array of fashion (including guys fashions) and never really have to do much more. Also, I have found that the more I venture into alternative fashion, the more confident I become and it shows in how I carry myself. As a big guy in a little skirt, you gotta strut it. I know I am being noticed and there is no hiding.

HF, after reading your adventures, I decided last niight to stretch my comfort zone. Wearing the 3" chunky heel boots I recently bought (pictured in the "who has bought some new shoes thread), with a pair of jeans, I decided to do some grocery shopping last night. I have never gone in to place quite that public (and brightly lit!) while wearing heels. While the heels are chunky, from the side they are still obviously heels, and no one would mistake them for a heel on a typical man's shoe. I managed to stay fairly relaxed, and I really don't think any one noticed, or if they did, no one made a comment. My only period of discomfort was in an aisle where a woman was shopping with two young girls. I was afraid they might say something, but I guess they didn't notice. The boots did end up being somewhat uncomfortable on my right foot, as they are a bit too narrow, but other than that, I managed quite nicely.

While I doubt that I would ever venture out into a setting that public in more obviously feminine footwear, it was a rather large step for me. One which I will likely do again after the success of this outing! I just figured hey, if HappyFeat can do what he does, I can sure manage a pair of chunky heels!

Way to go Ron! Though I thank you for your complements and your credit, I will say this...you were the one out there all by yourself. If I had anything at all to do with your going out, I am very honored. Congratulations on your first public outing, you should be quite proud. Just keep doing what you are comfortable with and only the future truly knows what you might try. Even if you never wear more feminine footwear, it really doesn't matter as long as you are comfortable, happy, and no longer limited to what guys "should" wear. Who knows, maybe one day we will be following your adventures as well! Kudos my friend!

Style is built from the ground up!

Thanks, and welcome to the forum. As for wearing a skirt, if the mood ever strikes you, go for it. It is a lot more comfortable (and fun) than you can imagine. In many ways, I am beginning to move in the direction of JeffB...all skirts all the time...pants just done seem as much fun any more. But sine I own so many pants and jeans, I don't think that's my future quite yet.

Great minds think alike on the skirt issue I see! Heh! But hey, there's no rush to go the route I did, I know it took awhile for me to decide to wear skirts full-time on my outings, and it's a decision I haven't at all regretted as wearing skirts is great fun.

Thank you for your kind words. I think that the reason many of us freestylers pull off our looks better than most women is that we put a lot more effort into it. When I get to go out, maybe a couple days a week anymore (if I am lucky) I spend days planning outfits. And when I do get to go out, I really want to nail it. Girls get the whole array of fashion (including guys fashions) and never really have to do much more. Also, I have found that the more I venture into alternative fashion, the more confident I become and it shows in how I carry myself. As a big guy in a little skirt, you gotta strut it. I know I am being noticed and there is no hiding.

Again, great minds think alike. I also put a great deal of time and effort into the outfits I wear, now more than ever since I wear skirts full time. It's nothing for me to spend an hour or more trying out various combinations of tops, bottoms and shoes before finally deciding on an outfit to wear. The thing here is because I'm a man wearing clothing most associated with women, it's crucial for me to look my very best when out in public, and while I'm often a tad overdressed on my outings, I don't mind that because I like being dressed up. Bottom line, when you're exposed to the world in alternative fashion, you HAVE to look great!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks for the many words of encouragement! It is a process. A work in progress, so to speak!

That's the fun of freestyling...we are all always a work in progress!

That's the fun of freestyling...we are all always a work in progress!

I agree wholeheartedly! As that old saying goes, getting there is half the fun! I don't know if I'll ever be fully satisfied with my overall look as I'm constantly looking for ways to improve my style. And for me, that's part of the fun.

My three latest outings, all pretty uneventful, but still a lot of fun!

Wednesday December 9, 2009 - A casual outfit for a casual day. I wore a Rue 21 gray pullover sweater over a red turtleneck, Lane Bryant Denim trousers black fishnet textured kneehighs and black Nine West "Yumyum" wedge heeled loafers. The main part of my outing was breakfast on my way to work. I went to Panera Bread, mainly to use the Internet while I ate. I did get a few glances, but nothing more. Following Panerra, I went to Marshall's where I found a gorgeous pair of Enzio Angolini boots that lace up the front. The best part is that I got them for all of $40! Afterward, I stopped for gas and got a couple of fleeting glances from the people filling up next to me.

Thursday December 10, 2009 - The temperature had dropped considerably, but I still had to wear my new boots. Since it was their first outing, I couldn't leave them covered, so I matched them with a gray and black Banana Republic sweater, a gray flannel Eddie Bauer wrap skirt and a pair of textured Lane Bryant tights. Though I have done it before, wearing a skirt with high winds and bellow freezing temperatures is always a challenge, but I met it well. My outing consisted of three stops - the Lane Braynt outlet and the Nine West outlet and finally Starbucks. At both the NW and LB outlets, there were new people working who I had not met. As typical when I first enounter new clerks they were a bit standoffish. However they weren't rude. You would think that a guy who comes in periodically in a skirt and/or heels would get around. Anyway, at Starbucks I did get a couple of looks but nothing more than a two-second glance.

Monday December 14, 2009 - I hadn't been out in boots over jeans yet this season, so I decided to give it a shot. I wore my black suede jacket over a white GAP turtleneck, Lane Bryant classic jeans, and Steve Madden "Stretch Out" boots. Again I started my day with breakfast at Panerra - though this is a new one that just opened. I entered in full view of the crowded restaurant got smiles from the young women working and a lot of glances. After sitting down, I needed a fork, and when I went to get one I passed a young woman wearing a sweater, black dress pants and pumps. She smiled and I tild her I loved her shoes. She thanked me and asked where I found my boots. It was a quick encounter, but still very pleasant. The strangest thing was when I went to dump my try. I had to go to a place in the store where about 12 young men were working on their laptops. When I turned each one of them was staring at me with their mouths open. I know I was the subject of conversations afterward (and not in a positive way) but I am willing to bet they will never know the magic of heels. But what do I care anyway...Later I went to the Dress Barn and Borders for a little browsing. No real interactions or anything.

Later today I am heading out again and maybe tomorrow I will get out in a skirt yet again...

post-5655-133522898655_thumb.jpg

post-5655-13352289866_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522898664_thumb.jpg

Well, HF, I think you know what pic I liked most, and that's number #2! HA! That was quite a dynamic outfit you sported, a skirt and ankle boots made for quite an intriguing look, and I thought you pulled it off well. Bravo to you, my friend!

Hey I like look #3. The color combo is great. The jeans even look high waisted? (which is a good thing since that will give the illusion you have looong legs). If I may add one point of constructive criticism though...the jeans are a bit too loose. Around your thighs, above the hem of the shaft they bunch up, and around your arse they seem to sag. You could always try putting those jeans in a dryer at full hot temp to shrink them or go down a size or two since you're always shopping at Lane Bryant to begin with... Have a great day! :cry1:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Well, HF, I think you know what pic I liked most, and that's number #2! HA! That was quite a dynamic outfit you sported, a skirt and ankle boots made for quite an intriguing look, and I thought you pulled it off well. Bravo to you, my friend!

Jeff, I think you have been out voted; however if you like my look in a skirt, then I must be doing something right!

Actually, I wasn't sure if ankle boots and a skirt was a faux pas or not until a recent trip to New York where I saw a lot of women sporting it (then again I saw a lot of women wearing black tights/leggings with brown boots...OUCH!). To be honest, I didn't really care for the look, but since these boots were a bit higher than traditional ankle boots, I decided to see how it worked. I think it was OK and will likely do it again. I may see how they work over jeans as well.

Hey I like look #3.

The color combo is great. The jeans even look high waisted? (which is a good thing since that will give the illusion you have looong legs).

If I may add one point of constructive criticism though...the jeans are a bit too loose. Around your thighs, above the hem of the shaft they bunch up, and around your arse they seem to sag.

You could always try putting those jeans in a dryer at full hot temp to shrink them or go down a size or two since you're always shopping at Lane Bryant to begin with...

Have a great day!

:cry1:

Actually these jeans do have a bit of a high waist. I did notice what you are saying about them bunching up. This is more the result of me losing about 15 pounds since I bought them and though they do fit a bit looser than real slim fit jeans should.

As for shopping at Lane Bryant, those days may be a bit numbered. When I started going there I was somewhere between a 16 and an 18 and now I am checking in as a solid 14, which is their smallest size. One of the reasons that I love them is that it seems that chunky chicks seem to have a lot less of an issue with men shopping in their store. (And besides Bill Clinton and I seem to have a similar concept of beauty...not to mention a similar body style...and a remarkable similar heritage...anyway, you could call me Bubba, but that name is already taken around these parts...I digress)

Anyway, today I was out strolling the mall and went to the Limited. I had visited there before and own a couple pair of their jeans. I bought a pair of very slim fit jeans (though I think these are low rise) that I am going to try to repeat my last outfit with the new jeans and see how it works. The staff at the Limited was quite friendly and accepting to my face at least, so we'll see where it leads.

I will follow your suggestion about shrinking the jeans, since I have several pair of LB jeans and frankly they are getting a bit on the large size, so I have nothing to lose really.

(Sorry if I offended our Bubba with a comparison to somebody I am pretty sure he doesn't like...):wave:

Jeff, I think you have been out voted; however if you like my look in a skirt, then I must be doing something right!

Well, I don't mind being the lone wolf in this instance! HA! And yeah, you did indeed succeed with that look! Once again, bravo!

Actually, I wasn't sure if ankle boots and a skirt was a faux pas or not until a recent trip to New York where I saw a lot of women sporting it (then again I saw a lot of women wearing black tights/leggings with brown boots...OUCH!). To be honest, I didn't really care for the look, but since these boots were a bit higher than traditional ankle boots, I decided to see how it worked. I think it was OK and will likely do it again. I may see how they work over jeans as well.

I've also seen my fair share of women sporting skirts of all lengths with ankle boots, so it's quite common. As for the faux pas of black tights and brown boots, wholly unpalatable if you ask me. I'm sure you can do MUCH better than that!

HappyFeat, If you're going to visit Johnie and Ruthie, send me a private message telling me when and if I can, I would love to join you. We should all get together again. Too bad the October heel meet didn't work out this year. Steve

Well, HF, I know I really shouldn't be posting my adventures on your thread, but I have to say that it's all your fault....lol. I went out Christmas shopping in my 3" heel boots last night. I was fun to walk around a couple different department stores. Once again, I don't know if anyone noticed, as I just went about my business. Unfortunately, I am finding that I'm going to have to look for some alternate boot or shoes to wear out, as these boots are just not quite wide enough. Tow are is fine (that's where I normally have a problem), but the right boot is a bit too narrow through the ball of the foot, and I am getting pain across the top of my foot. Anyway, walking around Sears takes on a whole new meaning for me now!

Happyfeat:-) Being a boot person myself, pic #3 did it for me as well as for you. Certainly a good look for you and congrats on you being able to lose a few pounds. It sure does make a big difference. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well, HF, I know I really shouldn't be posting my adventures on your thread, but I have to say that it's all your fault....lol.

RonC, if it is indeed my fault, I am happy to take the blame! Post anywhere you want and congratulations on getting out my friend!

Last week was pretty remarkable for me. I got out all five days, only breaking on Saturday because of a pretty big snowfall. Since I was finishing my Christmas business (and doing a bit of shopping for myself) it was a fantastic opportunity to get dressed and get out.

Tuesday December 15 - My plan was to get a haircut (which I desperately needed) and hit the mall. However, due to a couple of home maintenance issues, I didn't make it out until much later than I had planned, which pretty much scrubbed my haircut plans. I wore a black lambswool Docker's pullover, gray Lane Bryant "Lafayette" dress trousers (which have a nice high waist) and black suede/leather Bass "Alansis" booties. Though I thought the outfit went together OK, it wasn't nearly as flashy as I had worn recently.

Before heading to the mall, I stopped at my bank to deposit the money that would soon disappear. I had a very nice chat with the tellers, who are becoming increasingly flirty and friendly. I know it is obvious to them that I wear heels, but they never mention it, so we never discuss it. Next, at the mall, I went to The Limited, which is rapidly becoming my favorite place to buy clothes. This store is the only one in the immediate area, and I only visit it about once every six weeks, but I think they are getting to know me. They had a 40% sale on all of their denim, which still put the jeans in the $40 range - I know a great price for decent jeans, but I am a pure clearance guy. I found a pair of skinny jeans (not on clearance) and the clerk working took me to a dressing room without asking. She was telling me how comfortable they are and how much I will love them. When I tried them they were perfect, and clearance be damned, I had to have them. I took them out and she told me that they had a special if I spent $50, I would get $25 off my next visit, so I dug through the clearance rack, found a pair of fun crop pants, which didn't fit terribly well, but for $12, I thought I would give them a shot. All of the clerks told me to "have a nice evening" and to "come back" on my way out. A very nice shopping experience.

Next, I went to Aldo, which was packed. The small store must have had 6 people working. One girl greeted me and asked if I was looking for a Christmas gift. I said no, I was looking for something for myself today. She said that was really great and that women's shoes are so much nicer than guy's shoes anyway, so if I needed anything just ask for her. I did ask for a couple pair of boots, but they were out of my size. I hit Banana Republic, the Gap, JCrew looking for Christmas gifts. AT JCrew, I tried a pair of "Toothpick" jeans, but needed just once size larger. My final stop was getting some tools at Home Depot for gifts. One warning - the floors are a bit slick in Home Depot, so be careful if wearing thin heels in the store.

Wednesday December 16 - Again I still needed a hair cut. With my hair, thinning and turning gray all too fast, I wasn't quite sure what I wanted. I was either going to get a buzz cut or color it. I could no longer stand being gray AND bald, it was going to be one or the other. I friend told me about a hair color treatment for me at Super Cuts that I should try, so I thought what the hell. I tend to be a bit of a snob about hair places, but I thought I would give it one last shot.

I wore a red Ralph Lauren sweater, by new skinny jeans from the limited and my black Steve Madden "Stretch Out" boots, over the jeans of course. Other than getting the wide eye look of shock from the women working in the salon, there was no mention about my attire but everybody was very friendly. I got my cut and color treatment from a very nice redhead in her early 30's. We chatted the whole time, she smiled when we made eye contact, and gave me an incredible scalp massage. Sometimes I wonder if wearing heels isn't something that actually get me better service in some cases. My hair looked great! A nice haircut (and shaking a bit of the dull gray) gave me new found confidence.

Afterward, I went to Starbucks for a Hot Chocolate where I received practically no attention and to a discount book store where I continued my Christmas shopping. Again little to no attention. But I was just feeling great, with new hair, in my new jeans, and my great boots. Another fun outing all the way around.

Thursday December 17 - I decided to try the new Limited black/white crop pants. They don't really fit the way I like, a bit low in the waist and too baggy in the bum, but thought they would be cute with my Enzio Angiolini "King" lace-up boots. A added a black Claiborne sweater and headed out for me shopping. I went to Marshalls, where I toyed with the idea of getting a pair of $40 Nine West boots, but decided to wait until after the holidays and return to the outlet, where I am guessing they will be marking down their inventory. I bought several pair of socks, etc. for some of the women in my life and browesed their clearance racks. The problem with places like Marshall's and TJMaxx, is that most of the stuff they sell is rather "ordinary."

Next I popped into Starbucks, which was quite crowded. I got a few looks, but nothing too terribly obvious, except one guy who was trying to take a picture with his telephone. I really hate when people do that. If he would ask, I would actually pose for him, but the sneaking around is just obnoxious. Anyway, I made it difficult for him by moving, then stopping, then moving again. The shutter speeds are so slow in the low light, that action stuff is really hard to turn out.

Next, I went to a consignment store that just opened. There were three women working, all very well dressed, all had deep olive complexions, and all had thick New York accents. The store was a bit over priced but I did find a great pair of black Michael Kors pumps in all leather. I also bought a black denim Ann Taylor skirt. I talked to one woman working about the shoes she was wearing, great black pointy toe d'Orsays with a cream colored bow. SHe said that she hadn't decided to get them, because she really isn't a "bow girl." I said that they were nice and the bow wasn't even that girly. She asked what size I wore and said that they would be too small for me.

I headed to the Ross Park Mall on the north side of town next. I needed to hit the Body Shop for gifts for my mom. A walk through the mall got me a lot of attention, mainly from guys who were a bit shocked. At the Body Shop, the clerk was not impressed but friendly. I got what I needed and headed on. I stopped at GNC, where I couldn't find what I was looking for. I asked they one clerk on duty - a woman in her late 20's - and she said they didn't carry it in their store. She noticed my outfit, was quite friendly. When I got to the entry, I looked back and she was watching me, smiling in a very friendly way. Finally, I went into the Nine West store, where there were a few pair I wanted to see, but the store was so overrun, that I didn't even bother. Again, a trip for after the holidays.

Friday December 18 - Since I had done pants all week, I decided that I would wear the skirt I bought at the consignment store the day before. It is black denim, straight, and slightly above the knee. I matched it with a black turtleneck, a pale yellow Nautica sweater, black opaque tights and the Steve Madden "Stretch Out" boots. I went to the outlets initially. At Nine West, i tried a few pair of shoes and even made some recommendations to an African-American woman in her 40's about comfortable shoes in a size 11. She actually bought two pair. The cool thing about this interaction is she seemed to not care that I was a guy, that I was wearing heels at the time or that I owned the pairs I recommended. It was just very natural and fun.

I went onto Lane Bryant, Jones New York, and Casper, where I tried on a black and white houndstooth dress. The manager, I had have chatted with before, even came to the dressing room and zipped me up. She told me that it looked better on me that anybody who had tried it on yet. It was nice, bit a bit frumpy for my taste, but it was fun trying it on. I stopped by the makeup store where the manager offered to color match me. She applied a little foundation, and even helped me pick out a couple of lipsticks. She took my e-mail and said that when they have a sale, she will let me know and I can come back for the whole treatment. Though she picked them for me, the lipsticks will make great gifts for a couple of women I know. Can't all be about me...

Finally, I stopped by the consignment store where I have sold some stuff. It was a bit crowded and there wasn't much I liked. However, I ran into the woman who owned the store I was in the day before! Quite ironic I thought. She was very friendly and we chatted for the better part of an hour. She had found a pair of Carlos Santana slingblacks and I told them I thought they were wonderful. She said that when they get any 11 shoes in she will hold them for me to look at. After she left, I chatted with another woman who invited me to her New Years eve party. I gave her my e-mail, but told her that I already had plans. Pretty exciting day. After giving the owner a hug, wishing her happy holidays, I headed home to hide from the coming snow storm.

This has been a pretty great week. Though I will get out a couple more times before the end of the year, this is a great cap on a great year of heeling for me!

post-5655-133522898819_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522899069_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522899077_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522899083_thumb.jpg

Greetings Tom :-) Nice outings and it looks like you enjoyed them to the fullest (This time my favorite is pic # 2) and you got a lot of nice interactions with the salesgirls and customers. (Wondering if it is because you were wearing heels) The skirt outfit is also nice.