What size are you?

Firefox

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm always unhappy for my size... i'm 46-46,5europe size and in my country hasn't more than 42size for womans, i'm probably 12uk/14us size for womans, but i'm not for sure maybe its half size more or less...

every human has they own choices...

i'm 46-46,5 europe size [..] probably 12uk/14us size for womans, but i'm not for sure maybe its half size more or less...

I also wear EUR 46 in men's shoes, both summer and winter. In rare cases I can fit into a pair of 45. Recently I bought my first pair of 5" patent pumps, sold as EUR 46 and turned out to be marked as USW 14. They are a bit too tight in the toes, to the point I can only stand or walk in them for a few minutes before the toes begin to hurt. I can sit or lie (!) in them for perhaps a few hours before the pain is too much. I felt like I had not done my homework - with pointed toes and/or high heels you probably should order one size larger than usually if not specified otherwise? I didn't bother to return them, but may eventually try to sell them cheap second hand.

While waiting for these heels to arrive, I also "scored" a really inexpensive pair of 5.25" pink thigh-high PVC boots. I haven't received them yet. They were listed as UK11/US14, and expect them to be too tight as well. 8) In that case, they would also go on my "sell cheap" list. Now I'm actually waiting for a second pair of size 46 pumps to arrive, sold second hand by a guy who wears 45 but they were too large on him. I hope they will fit a bit better...

I went as far as measuring my foot; it is 28.3 cm from toe to heel. I sent a few emails to online shoe resellers asking for their opinion. I described the dilemma that I had already received a pair of 5" in USW 14 that were too tight, and in case I would order a pair from them, if they recommended size 15 or even 16. The answer I received from one store confused me a lot. Based on the figures I had given, they recommended USW 13... ok, maybe their shoes already accommodate for the pointed toe and heel height, but on their web site they list many shoes as US 16 = EUR 46.

In the mean time, can someone tell me if USW 14 on heels in the range of about 4-6" generally equal to EUR 44, 45 or 46? And am I correct about the assumption I should add one or two sizes? Furthermore I understand that US, UK and EUR sizes to some extent overlap eachother. I have seen sellers on eBay who have pretty much identical shoes or boots in both UK11 / US14 and UK12 / US14 at the same time.

Actually when I arrived at the High Heel Place, I expected to find some kind of "High Heels for Dummies" guide, either in the general section or here on the forum. Maybe I didn't look close enough, but I couldn't find something exactly like that. Perhaps it is not possible to write a general one, given that different shoe manufacturers fit differently, but I think if one does not yet exist, it would be a great addition, both for newbie guys and perhaps women who have not tried much high heels.

Best regards

I'm living in a grey zone between male and female sizes. My true size is an EU 44 or 45. Wide shoes from Evans in UK 9 (an official size 42/43) are really comfortable for me. My wedge boots from Evans/Essence shouldn't be wider. Size UK 10 would fit for me with inlay soles. But thats a true EU 45!

Usually my size is calculated in female US sizes as 12 or 13. I'm really glad to have ordered my white 5'' overknee boots in size US 14. The conversion tables claims that US 14 is at least EU 46. Completely nonsense - I had never such big feet.

They are produced in China. It seems to me that the chinese managers have still doubts about the foot size of the long noses and they can't really imagine that even male long noses are wearing high heels. But they are learning very fast. China is changeing rapidly. I have just found in "You Tube" one of the first gay chinese movies called "Bishonen"

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I also wear EUR 46 in men's shoes, both summer and winter. In rare cases I can fit into a pair of 45. Recently I bought my first pair of 5" patent pumps, sold as EUR 46 and turned out to be marked as USW 14. ...../

/..... In the mean time, can someone tell me if USW 14 on heels in the range of about 4-6" generally equal to EUR 44, 45 or 46? And am I correct about the assumption I should add one or two sizes? Furthermore I understand that US, UK and EUR sizes to some extent overlap eachother. I have seen sellers on eBay who have pretty much identical shoes or boots in both UK11 / US14 and UK12 / US14 at the same time.

I just measured my foot, 28,3 cm from heel to big toe so we are the same size I guess. But usually I wear mens 45 and sometimes 44 so maybe your feet are wider . When I have bought heels over the net I always order sz 14 but I have had shoes that are really big and also some that are too small. And they were the same brand! But usually they fit good.

By some reason boots normally seem a little bit bigger and that's good because then I put a cushioning sole insert in them. And I can often wear them with normal socks.

Pumps seem to be a little bit smaller but then I find that ok too because they are usually worn with just nylons.

I have also bought shoes in shops in Europe (Sweden, Paris, London) and then 45 is a minimum. The swedish ones I have bought are all marked 45,5 I think and the french pair was 46 (!). In England I bought a pair in sz UK11 but they are a bit narrow, length is ok.

So you see, sizes aren't universal, unfortunately. You either have to take your chances when ordering over the net (and then stay with the same brand?!) or you have to go to a shop where you can try them on.

In Malmö and in Stockholm is a shop named King Size Skor (www.kingsizeskor.se) and they are friendly and helpful but nowhere near cheap. No boot less than at least 1500 SEK (appr $220) and most of mine were 2000-2500 SEK. But good quality though.

Happy hunting and hope to see you in London next February.

If you want to PM me to get further details, please do so.

I think I've already poster here earlier, but what the heck! I wear a 13 wide or 14 regular in women's shoes, outside of the Internet, I can't find either in stores, save the former in Payless. Needless to say that's kinda frustrating. If iy weren't for online resources, I wouldn't have squat in the way of shoes today.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I'm an SA size 7. Various sites have said that UK and SA are the same. but the problem comes in to get to the US size. Some site recommend that a SA 7 is an US 9. Then others say its a 10. I'm a little confused with this. I don't want to buy something is US size and it is wrong. Anyway. We'll survive. All sizes mensioned are SA Womens. But then the funny bit is that I wear an SA 7 Male size aswell. Go Figure. I should wear a SA womens 7.5 but the isn't any half sizes sold in SA.

It's a peculiar thing i'm going through. I've posted on this subject before, but now i am convinced that either i'm going crazy, or shoe makers are getting VERY sloppy with the printing they do on the shoes they make. I can wear all the way down to an 8.5(US), but prefer a 9, just to give me a bit more leeway, so my feet don't feel like they're caught in a pair of vices. I've bought size 8.5(US) shoes, that are secondhand, meaning that they have been owned and worn before, most likely by ladies, and they have felt GREAT on my feet. Recently, I've bougtht size 8.5(US) shoes, brand new, and they feel GREAT on my feet, too. They were not extensively worn, except to try on at the shoe store (Macy's). They are pumps with a 3" heel, and the brand name is Marc Fisher, a brand that Macy's exclusively sells. I have bought size 8.5(US) pumps secondhand, with a 3 inch heel, that have felt quite tight fitting, which is mysterious. Then, this past friday, i bought some brand new Nine West pumps, size 8.5(US), and they have a 2 inch heel. They are tight fitting shoes! It takes a bit of struggle to get them on my feet. I should point out that the Nine West pumps i bought friday are patent leather, and the other pumps i mentioned were leather. The leather ones feel great on my feet, while the patent leather ones feel tight. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but maybe it does. Does anyone know for sure? I know the patent leather pumps will fit better as i wear them in more, but for now i gotta get me one of those shoe stretchers and see if i can expand them a bit. The tight fitting shoes could be because of an error in the printing on the shoes. I don't know, but i am sure others that frequent this site have had similiar experiences. I believe the smaller the shoe, the better it looks on my feet. That's why i go for 8.5. Then again, size 9, like i said, gives my feet a little leeway to move around in.

I seriously vary... I have from size 10 to size 12... It really depends on the brand of boots that I get.... ALl of them and normal width... no wides or narrows... However I will say that the majority of them are 11's...

for those who have shoes that are a tad bit tight, i was talking to someone at Macy's, who was kind enough to offer this advice. Assuming that he was referring to leather pumps, and not vinyl, or patent leather ones, what you do is coat the shoe with rubbing alcohol. This will help loosen the shoe a bit, as you wear it. It will stretch the shoe a bit. Not sure how much it will stretch, or if it will be enough for your foot, but it will help. Also, one more tip i read about.. Take a plastic bag, fill with water, and place in the toebox, under the vamp, or the back of the shoe. Then put the whole enchilada inside your freezer. As the water begins to turn to ice, it will stretch the shoe. I haven't tried either of these methods yet, but i will today. wish me luck!

I guess I'm blessed with such a small mens size (size 7) cause THAT means I can wear womens size 9!! I'll bet its frustrating to find the right size when you guys out there that have larger mens sizes (like mens 9-12) cause that means you have to try harder to find what your looking for.

I too am lucky to wear a mens size 7....I can wear a us womens size 9 very comfortably. I have several pairs of pumps in a 4 inch heel that I have gotten quite good at walking in. I purchaced one pair of 5 inch pumps and even though they were made by the same company they seemed 1 size to small, also the extra inch in heel made me walk like "well a man in high heels" I have 2 pair of heels that are my favourites...black patent pump 4inch heel and black patent ankle boots with 4 1/2 inch heels. Not sure if they make me look sexy...but when wearing them I sure feel sexy!