What size are you?

Firefox

I wear a men's size 10 1/2, and often need a wide. In womens shoes, f\depending on style, quality and fit, anything from an 11M to a 12WW will work, but mostly a minimum of 11W or 12M. Unfortunately, most shops in the US that sell non-fetish womens shoes carry sizes only to 11. So while I have squeezed my 12's into several pairs of 11's when I've just had to have them, they're not comfortable most of the time. As stated in previous messages, it is frustrating to see a pair you really like and not be able to get them in your size. And it seems the more feminine the style, the less likely they'll be available in my size. Also, with the return of higher heels and pointy toes, I'm finding that a 12 M is about the minimum if I actually want to wear them for any length of time.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I answered this or not, but I wear a womens 10B. I'm lucky.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

Unfortunately I have very large feet -- USMen13, Women 15 -- making it nigh-impossible to get any heels in my size, to say nothing of the kind I'd prefer.

That's why I'm pretty much limited to fetish boots. They come in large sizes because the manufacturers expect that men will want to wear them. Occasionally though I will find something in my size that is also street-wearable. A few months ago I got a nice pair of leather slides from this place.

http://www.womwnshoesplus.com

Michael

I usually find the size I need in most stores. I consider myself lucky. I wear a Euro 40, for sandals a 39 fits me perfectly while for some very pointed pumps or for some brands of shoes I need a 41. The only 2 pairs of pumps ( 5 1/2" and 6") I've bought on the internet and come with an American size, are size US 10 and they're ok.

Hi firefox...that would be real fun, different styles belonging to different people. I bet such a meeting would be a real experience. I've never had a chance to freely express my passion for heels with other people (not in real life). I'm just beginning now to post and we still have to know each others, our preferences about shoes etc. As an example I like shoes like those in the picture I've attached to my profile. Bought that pair 4 years ago, a size 40.

Nice classy style Steph, welcome aboard, I also wear the same size as you and have bought and worn nice heels in Italy as well. I've been about 6 months in the Vicenza area in 2001 and as you can read on my website had no problem at all wearing heels there.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Firefox - Does your above posting suggest that there might be another Euro Meet in the offing? Tell us more! Will you post it in the 'Fun Shopping and Meetings ....' Section? Cheers, Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

Hey, that's a good idea. For you guys and gals in the USA, there is some very good prices on airline fares from Boston, New York, Washington/Baltimore to cities in europe these days.

Check this out: http://top20.travelzoo.com/

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 11 months later...
:) I'm a lucky one...I can usually buy right off the women's sizes in the dept. stores. I can usually wear a 10 medium, although I always ask for an 11...just in case they stock 11's. The 11 medium size gives me a more perfect fit. :roll: I've also found that after a few wearings, the leather stretches just enough to feel better. Now that the extreme long pointed, needle sharp toes are the rage again, I've gone completely orgasmic!! It only took 45 years to make a comeback. (sheesh!) stillettoguy

I'm able to wear high heeled sandals in brazilian size 39 - US female 10 (female shoes manufacturers rarely make them above this size), but closed shoes only 40/41 (US female 11). Lucky mine to be a strappy stiletto sandals addicted.

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

I'm one of the lucky ones too. I wear 10 US women's, 40-41 EU or 7-8UK, depending on the shoe. The differences in shoe sizes is unbelievable, sometimes a 10 seems small and in other instances it is too big. There isn't much consistency among manufacturers. On the downside of wearing a common size is that there are just too many hot shoes to buy!! I'm running out of room! How many pairs are enough??? That is a good issue for a new topic..... :roll:

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Larry here. Size 12-13 in stilletos. I have some older 6" spikes, black patent and red patent leather from Michael Salems Botique in NYC size 13...I cant walk in them. Also, I have several pairs from the Leslie shoe co in Rogers city Mi size 14.. 5" stilletos ..No problem walking. And my favorites are mail order from Noir Leather in Ferndale Mi. 5" stilletos in real leather with the extremly long pointed toe, very expensive but well worth the money. I have a couple of pointed toe flats in size 12 and they also fit well......Go figure.....Larry.

Love those heels!

I was working on an airfield once, many moons ago, when all the computing power was a VAX mainframe. We had a lightning strike in the middle of the field .... HUGE great bang which caused simultaneous soiling of many trousers in some of the huts at the edge of the field. The problem was 'ground bounce' where the earth potential is no longer constant due to the huge insertion of current into the ground where the lightning struck. Boy, did that make a real black mess of the back of the VAX where all the terminal connections came in from the VT100s spread around the site. Xa

women's size 12 USA 12M in higher heels 12W in flat heeled styles such as equestrian boots. The wider width sharply reduces my already limited off the rack/stock options in boots. I still consider myself among the lucky heel wearers though I am a "big foot." Fit varies greatly, depending on manufacturer. I used to purchase boots from a small shop in central New Jersey, USA, that called themselves Big Foot Shoes. They specialized in large women's sizes. It was my first real experience in learning that some brands fit better than others. They went out of business after about 6 years. The women who owned it were both "big foots" but I imagine the name of the store doomed them as many women i ahve known were not amused at the conotation of having "big feet."

classic style high heel boots

I'll modify the shoe mechanically to fit or buy a larger size. Many use their feet to modify shoes with disasterous results. Hello Firefox.... Tell me how do you modify your shoes/boots to fit you better?? I'm just curious?? I have in the past found that I can get more room if needed by cutting or tearing out the inner padding in the sole of my shoes. This would give me sometimes at least a half size better in lenght or a full size in width. I kind of hate to tear up a new heel/shoe, but it is damage which can't be seen anyway....if you have your shoes on your feet. Cheers.... :roll: Stilettoguy USA PS...get me out of these ugly shoes!! BARF!

I use to wear 43,5 european... that means that some 12 us size feets me well and sometimes I have to buy size 13!!!!!!!!!! I live in europe and if I buy boots on the states the shipment charges are too expensive to allow any exchange if I choose the wrong size... Is there any good method to choose the right size???

I am another of the lucky ones. Most of the times a size 40 euro (9us) for closed shoes fits me well, sometimes I need a 41 (10us). For sandals size 39 or 8us would be the best choice. But all depends on how the shoe is build. So I have no problems finding my shoes in ordinary stores.

I'm one of the lucky ones too. I wear 10 US women's, 40-41 EU or 7-8UK, depending on the shoe. The differences in shoe sizes is unbelievable, sometimes a 10 seems small and in other instances it is too big. There isn't much consistency among manufacturers.

Here's another lucky one ! My size is 9-10 US women's / 40-41 EU.

Just like Docs41 I'm into heeled slides, and I can confirm his comment

on the inconsistency of shoe sizes. Sometimes I found out that 42 was

hardly fitting. (Off topic: for Nike sneakers I even need 42.5 EU !).

Another aspect with women sizes is the width. Very often 40 would

be perfect in length, but too narrow. For the width I would need size 42.

Than I end up with 41 as a compromise......

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself