What size are you?

Firefox

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The size is fine:

http://store1.yimg.com/I/bigandbeautifulshoes_1793_2064882

In fact, they offer it in this color and black all the way up to US Women's 15!

http://www.bigandbeautifulshoes.com/favor.html

But I do wish someone would offer something like this in a full block, or even Cuban heel, of about 3 to 4 inches.

You know, like this:

Posted Image

Only taller, like this:

Posted Image

But without the goofy-looking plats. Design of the first shoe with a heel (only) height of the second.

Why can't those dang designers get it right???

Alas, they're trying to push the envelope. It's just that there's an unwritten moratorium on designing a men's shoe with any sort of slant.

I mean, what's wrong with this pair of men's shoes, 98% of which was designed by International Male (or one of their suppliers), and just 2%, the heel, designed by myself?

I'd buy 'em!!!

Posted Image

• 2 months later...

I'm a 10.5 US when it comes to men's footwear. With pumps, size 11 is no problem with 4-inch heels, but I've run into issues with 5-inch heels. I had a pair of 5-inch stilettos from Frederick's that were very tight for an 11, so when I opted for Jante 5-inchers, I got one pair in size 11 and one pair in size 12. The 11s fit quite well while the 12s are a tad loose. Personally, I like a little breathing room when it comes to heels, and even my size 11s are loose enough so that my heel pops out of the back slightly when I walk in them. It's already a turn-on for me, so I don't mind. At least they're not so loose that the shoes are flopping with every step I take. I knew this girl once who was wearing oversized pumps that flopped loosely. The only pair I can sleep comfortably in are Frederick's Sexy Pumps in size 12. Any other shoes will pinch my toes from lying on my side.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

I am one of the lucky ones as I have a small foot for a man. I wear a U.S. women's size 7½ B in pumps and a U.S. women's size 8 B in boots. I can buy right off the shelf or through the catalogs. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I can't remember if I've posted this before. However, I usually wear a U.S. Womans size 10½. Hower, some styles I can wear a 10 (sandals, slingbacks, mules, etc.) and other styles I need a size 11. It depends on the manufacturer more than the style of shoes.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'm not sure if I've responded before, but a US Women's Size 12. related to this . . . There was a recent US Today article to the effect that not only are the normal US Women's sizes in demand expanding to commonly include sizes 11 and often 12, but that the consistency within stated sizes has become a huge problem - ie. you don't know what you are getting! Vern

Rigin:-) You are right that a lot of the US women's shoe sizes stop at 11. Some are stretching their sizes to a 12. US women's feet are getting bigger than before over time so this bodes well for you fellows with larger feet as I'm sure the manufacturers will have more stylish offerings in the larger sizes as the women will demand it. Be careful and don't squeeze your feet into a smaller shoe just for the sake of style and cause yourself foot problems. Some foot problems can become permanent and you may not be able to wear heels for the rest of your life. Welcome to the HH PLace Forum. Tell us a bit about yourself and enjoy posting with us. Cheers--- Dawn HH

In most, if not all major department stores and shoe stores, women's sizes often only go up to 11, rarely do they reach 12 and almost never 13 which is what I wear for maximum comfort. Then there's the question of widths, almost without fail, everything's regular or narrow, wide widths are almost unheard of. So, you have to really look to find the right size and width that you need to be comfortable.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have to order online.

I don't know if this has been mentioned here or anywhere else, but one rule of thumb when it comes to wearing women's shoes is to go one size larger and one width wider than your male shoe size. If you're say, a 10 regular in men's shoes, look for an 11 wide in women's. In fact, ALWAYS look for wide widths in women's shoes since men's feet tend to be wider than women's. I hope this little tidbit helps!

JeffB:-) Thanks for the heads-up on size adjustment, but as you know, it can still be a "Lottery" to find the correct size depending on the style of shoe and who manufactured it. When I find a store that has fit me perfectly in a heeled shoe or a heeled boot, I tend to stick with them and buy all of the various styles in footwear that they have that appeals to me. I have been getting a lot of boots lately from New-Port News simply for that reason. Their women's clothes fit me very nicely and are quite comfortable, fashionable, and reasonably priced. Besides all that, they look very nice on me. Cheers--- Dawn HH

JeffB:-)

Thanks for the heads-up on size adjustment, but as you know, it can still be a "Lottery" to find the correct size depending on the style of shoe and who manufactured it.

This is true. When it comes to shoes, it's always best to try them on to check out the fit before you buy. But since that's not always possible, then you have to go for as generous a size as you can find. Now, while I regularly wear 13 wide, I can fit into a 12 wide, but will always opt for 13 when I can find it.

JeffB:-) You have to have some size idea to launch your shoe buying from. You wear heels all day long and as you know, it is important to have a shoe to fit the foot comfortably to prevent blisters and other foot ailiments, no matter what the size states inside the shoe. As you know some women will shove and wear a shoe two sizes too small just to let their ego be able to tell other people how small their shoe size is. This malady doesn't seem to be as prevelant with men. Cheers--- Dawn HH

As you know some women will shove and wear a shoe two sizes too small just to let their ego be able to tell other people how small their shoe size is. This malady doesn't seem to be as prevelant with men. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Ego is not a problem with me. I don't mind admitting I have big feet! :rofl: In fact, I constantly amaze female co-workers who had no idea that women's shoes went up to size 13! :D

Amaze your co-workers a bit more by telling them that women's shoes and boots are ocassionly available in sizes LARGER than 13. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Heh! Not a bad idea! A lot of people still operate under the mindset that women's shoe sizes end at 11. I guess we'll all have to educate that masses that shoe sizes go a WHOLE lot higher! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I guess i'm lucky I wear womens 12, 13,or14 depending on the maker. I also wear mens 11.

Well, for the sake of comfort when it comes to women's shoes, try your best to settle on one size. The unofficial rule of thumb is to wear women's shoes a good one size larger and one width wider than your male size. And if pointy toed shoes are your thing, go two sizes larger. Hope this helps you!