What size are you?

Firefox

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, Second posting today, wow, i'm getting used to this board faster than I thought... I'm size 43. 9/10 UK. Forgot how much in US. Limited choice but as I travel a lot I manage to find interesting shoes ... Long ago I discovered that African , afro american, afro/caribbean (and dutch) ladies tend to have larger feet. I usually check shoe shop in "black" areas when in Amsterdam, London, NY, Toronto or Jo'Burg ... Have fun ! Vanessa

I find that no mater what is your women’s shoe size. It's going to vary at least 3 sizes. There several reasons why. Brand name is one. Height of the heel. Style of shoe, pumps versus boots. Then there is the style of the toe box, pointed or square. If I wear heels with a square toe box it's 11 or 12 U.S. If I can, they will be in the wide width, but if I can't get it in a wide width then I need a size 13 U.S.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Payless is where I get most of my shoes. But I have also been able to find boots and shoes at Wallmart as well. As for thir sizes 11 or 12 U.S. will fit me fine.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Size 8 UK, 41/42 Eur, depending on fit. I expect most find, like me, that sandals are better one size smaller to stop the back projecting beyond the top of the heel.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

• 3 months later...

I'm a size 8UK but can usually wear my wifes size 7's without too much discomfort. She even has a size 6 boot which fits me and is very comfortable. Sizes seem very vague wouldn't you say :smile:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Well, I wear a 13 wide (or 46 Euro) for most everything. In a pinch, I can get by with a 12 wide or double wide, but for maximum comfort, especially since I'm in heels eight hours a day at the office, I insist on 13 which ain't easy to find, believe me!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

EU 42, UK 8 or sometimes 7, US women's 9 1/2 upwards depending on the style & the store ... I've had a lot more problems with US size variations than in the UK or Europe; anyone else had this ?

• 1 year later...

I'm UK Men's 9.5 (ish) = UK Women's 10.5 = European 44 = US 11/12 (?) and I'm very, very, very, very, very envious of guys with smaller feet who can swan into any ladies shoe shop and have the pick of the entire store. Occasionally I can find a sexy style in the 'large ladies sizes' from Barratts, Brantano, Evans, Tallgirls etc., but the vast majority of these large sizes are frumpy, and it's SO frustrating that whenever I get momentarily excited in some of the shops upon seeing a FANTASTIC style, it always seem to be made in sizes only up to about a 7 or 8. I often end up spending a fortune getting shoes or boots made to my own design by custom-makers such as The Little Shoe Box, London. Cheers, Heesfan

Onwards and upwards!

I'm UK Men's 9.5 (ish) = UK Women's 10.5 = European 44 = US 11/12 (?)

and I'm very, very, very, very, very envious of guys with smaller feet who can swan into any ladies shoe shop and have the pick of the entire store.

I know what you mean. Just three sizes down would be my dream - almost anything is available up to size 41 here... I'm not into the fetishwear so much.

HH forever!

I'm 1.90 m (~ 6' 4'') tall and my EU size is 44/45 (UK female 11, US female 13/male 11). Just having read the foot size of Alex I have become reconciled with my own size. No chance for me in normal shoe stores in the shopping mall but I have sometimes a real chance to find nice shoes in the net. At least I don't need extremely expensive craftsmen work. micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I'm 1.90 m (~ 6' 4'') tall and my EU size is 44/45 (UK female 11, US female 13/male 11).

Just having read the foot size of Alex I have become reconciled with my own size. No chance for me in normal shoe stores in the shopping mall but I have sometimes a real chance to find nice shoes in the net. At least I don't need extremely expensive craftsmen work.

micha

I'm 6'6" too :wink:

I've found some really nice heels in my size and that have 6" heels but I can't afford them.

I wish I was a size 10

I'm 5' 10" tall and wear US mens 10.5. In womens's sizes I'm an 11 or 12 depending on the cut. In pumps, 11 seems to fit better, in platforms - 12 seems to the right size.