• Thigh boots
    • Ballets

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

I am really all about pumps and their cousins such as sling backs, d'orssays, etc. Have many sandals and love them as well, but my heart will always be with pumps.

Style is built from the ground up!

I am really all about pumps and their cousins such as sling backs, d'orssays, etc. Have many sandals and love them as well, but my heart will always be with pumps.

D-Orsey style has been my favorite every sense my high school gf's older sister came to school wearing black patent D-Orsey 3" heel about an inch thick. I went nuts!:smile: My gf went out and bought a pair of white in the same shoe and even drove me nutser!:thumbsup::w00t2: I knew right then I was hooked for life but didn't quite know what to do about it.:cool:

I do now though. Don't know how many pair of d-orsey style I have in my collection and still shopping for more.:thumbsup:

real men wear heels

I´m confused now - am I supposed to be voting for the style I like most or the ones I can´t stand the sight of. Best for me are knee boots Worst are any sort of wedges - some of them look like orthopedic shoes. Ok, maybe orthopedic shoes are worse!

I think quite a few people got confused on this thread. By reading several of the replies, I can tell many were talking about their favorite shoes and probably made your poll choice in that manner. The original question was:

What's the style of heels you really CAN'T look at?

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught up with this and I'm not alone, it seems, in thinking that the whole poll is badly flawed in that the original question, although poorly expressed, was actually directed at the style of shoes one dislikes most - yet many have responded by nominating their favourite style. And the choices are somewhat limited in that styles such as peep toes, wedges etc were not included.

Frankly, I doubt that even with an exhaustive listing and a clear question there would be any meaningful result. After all, just choosing one's most disliked style out of many says very little about overall preferences or their ranking. (I could readily tell you that X came last in a race between, say, 20 men - but it would tell you nothing about the performance of any of the 19 in front of him.)

Would a new poll inviting people to place in order of their preference the shoe styles from a suitably comprehensive list have some merit? If so, we must first settle that list, bearing in mind that, say, 'wedges' might need further qualification or subdivision, e.g. closed toe mules, open toe mules, open sandals, closed pumps etc etc. And, fundamentally, we would need to decide whether the poll addresses 'heels' in general or has some subsets, e.g. low heels up to 2".

Too complicated, perhaps??

• 3 weeks later...

Has to be boots - no doubt there. And for me thigh boots are the ultimate.

Thigh boots are all I wear (when I get to wear heels that is!) - I think its something about the way you feel the boots all the way up to your thigh.

As I wear mine under jeans most of the time people only get a glimpse of the boots and dont know how high they go!!!

Thigh boots rule!

Oh yes Boots for me too, And again it has to be Thighboots (The taller the better)

You just cant beet the feeling as a full length zipper encases your leg inside that tall shaft or you pull on a pair of tight fitting Thighboots with stretch shafts:w00t2:

I voted for ankle boots, but I do love shoes with a ankle strap, I think doing up the ankle strap after putting on the shoes is great feeling, like they are locked on.

life is not a rehearsal

• 2 weeks later...

I beg to differ...i see most young women(including me) wearing mules or slides!!i cant wait till spring or summer to pull ine out..u dont see ppl wearing thigh high boots in the spring now do u?

pumps are worn by old women toooo!

Mules or "slides" as the open-toe variety are called, are among the sexiest shoes a woman can own. Mules are a type of shoe that is backless and can be open or closed-toe, although the open-toes are usually the sexiest.

They can be any heel height from flat to high. But of course around here we love the higher heel styles. High-heeled mules were a popular shoe style of the 18th century, influenced by the patten, a backless overshoe of the 16th century.

Mules experienced some popularity in the 1950s and early '60s, thanks in no small part to Marilyn Munroe, today, mules, especially in the open-toed styles have begun to dominate the shoe market for women.

http://ladiesshoes.blogspot.com/2007/04/womens-mules-and-slides.html

Laila,

I could not agree more with you opinion. While I love a really sexy stiletto pump, I really do more sexy in a stiletto mule.

M_/|_/| NYC

• 1 year later...

Mules / slides / High clogs Reason = I broke a metatarsal in 2 1/2 clogs when they rotated and my foot didn't OUCH Al

:pulsingheart:I :wub:LOVE! :wub:LOVE! :wub:LOVE!:)

WESTERN STYLE KNEE BOOTS!

But now after being here I want a pair OTK Western Style Boots!!

Or at least a pair that are not stiletto's with pointy toes and actual I would love Lace-ups if they exist?

You all are such the enablers!

• 2 weeks later...

I love boots, all type of boots (open toe, thigh high ...). Then I vote for mules which are definitely so sexy !

Kiss

Sab

Definitely mules, strappy thong sandals and thighboots as favourites.

Heels I do not like are 'Mary-Jane's'....and also most long-toed Court shoes (Pumps).

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

This poll did not mention the one type of shoe that I hate above all others... Flip-flops!! I can't stand to see everybody wearing those damn things - and the constant "fwap-fwap-fwap" sound they make is annoying too!! My favorites by a landslide are pumps! Great classic look - and the new platform pumps are sexy as hell too! Also love slingback pumps, high-heel mules & clogs, and ankle boots!