Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

Well I am just a regular guy who likes to wear "regular" gals high heels, unlike the, in my opinion, bizarre mag pics shown above.  Those heels don't look attractive on guys or on a gals.  Sometimes those "fashion" folks are out of touch with reality, my reality at least.  Smile  sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Well, I guess I will adopt of "middle of the road" opinion on this.  True, many of the runway type pictures of guys in heels don't appeal to me at all.  But some do.  My issue (is being my own worst enemy as my Mom would say), is that I feel I could never successfully "pull off" most of the outfits/heels I find appealing.  True, most of these runway outfits are not practical for everyday heeling/life, perhaps only a special night out/occasion.   I guess that media photos need to learn to walk before they can run.  In other words, show "normal guys" wearing sensible heels with regular outfits.  Oh well.  So, it seems like much will rely on guys like us to encourage other guys by wearing heels in public.  

• Like 1

Outfits shown on the catwalk (runway for left-pondians) are nearly always extreme in some way. Whether they are on women or men. They are intended to amaze and inspire, rather than actually be worn by real people in real life situations.

This is not a new phenomenon. Go back to Dior and the "New Look" in 1947 or even further and you'll see what I mean. Perhaps things have got even more extreme in recent times but I wouldn't be too confident about that statement.

On 9/21/2022 at 8:29 AM, VirginHeels said:

Good find. I don’t have a problem with the comments here. It’s been the same set of comments for the last 20 years I’ve been on this forum. “We need normal average guys in average clothes to wear heels to go mainstream.”  Yet heels for men has never known more mainstream success in the last 2 decades than now. Especially among GenZ and Millennials, the younger generations.

Take TikTok for example. These guys have massive engagement. 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRagVTYW/

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRapdUey/

Edited by kneehighs

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

23 minutes ago, kneehighs said:

Good find. I don’t have a problem with the comments here. It’s been the same set of comments for the last 20 years I’ve been on this forum. “We need normal average guys in average clothes to wear heels to go mainstream.”  Yet heels for men has never known more mainstream success in the last 2 decades than now. Especially among GenZ and Millennials, the younger generations.

Take TikTok for example. These guys have massive engagement. 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRagVTYW/

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRapdUey/

Well, I guess all publicity is good publicity.  But, I would love to see more guys like Harry Styles in heels, which is a bit more main stream.  The guy in the tiktok video successfully shows the power of a great pair of boots also.

Fun way to waste 8 minutes of time.  Straight couple. He's feminine presenting. She's masculine presenting. That's where they claim their polarity comes from.  They're heterosexual, monogamous.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I got smart this time, and did not read the comments section. Still I wonder. To my way of thinking, these people are not really radical at all. Other than the fake eyelashes (yuck on anybody), and the ugly-ass heels, he's not that much different from me. She claims to present masculine, but she's not that serious about it. Tomboyish, maybe? Not seriously masculine.