heels, stilletos, wedges? clank or no clank?

ChipsHH

heels, wedges, stilletos? clank or no clank?  

714 members have voted

1. 1. heels, wedges, stilletos? clank or no clank?

• Heels, with clank
    • Stilletos, with clank
    • Wedges
    • Heels, no clank
    • Stilletos, no clank
    • Heels and/or stilletos, with clank
    • Heels and/or stilletos, no clank
    • Wood wedges for the clank
    • None, but i like clank
    • None, and i hate clank

I love the looks of heels/stilletos thinking about the person having to balance on the small tip of the shoe. The click and clank of the heels are just so... (there are no words). Love it.

I just love the sound my stilettos make in foyers and malls, I love the coordinated feel through my arch and heel of my foot as the stiletto strikes the ground along with the clicking noise. I love it when I meet a fellow high stiletto heeler and we clack along (our heels usually have slightly different sounds) and then we part our ways. Cheers Heel-Lover

I love it when I meet a fellow high stiletto heeler and we clack along (our heels usually have slightly different sounds) and then we part our ways.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

How frequently does that happen and have you ever met a "fellow high stiletto heeler" that was male?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I love the clank of my stiletto's, i think that's what makes it so exciting hearing the clicking of my heels on a hard floor, knowing others can hear it too, which will make them look to see where it's coming from, then seeing me wearing them!

Hi Bubba, Walking alongside a fellow man in heels has only happened once. (I was disappointed because he had aggro style attitude and gave the fingers (for what seemed like no reason) to cars and passers by. Wrong type of attention - and I think it ruined his image - and dragged me down as well by association via shoes and gender...so I went the other way fast... As far as female fellow heelers go I come accross quite a few - but when I say fellow heelers I really mean ones who clearly really enjoy their heels (I can tell by the height and style) and dress elegantly. A fellow heeler always appreciates other heels and you get that nod of recognition from her, similarly I always let a fellow heeling woman know that she looks great, compliment her on the coordination of her outfit, her grooming or the likes. Cheers Heel-Lover

I was once shopping alone in the Supermarket aisle with 3 other girls all wearing heels and all of us were clicking along while choosing our products. Those other girls never noticed my clicking heels thinking, "Well, there are other girls in this aisle and the sound of heels must be coming from them". I had a "ball" in that aisle. Couldn't resist clicking along with them. Nobody was the wiser. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

I too was just recently in a store with a tile floor. I was wearing stiletto high heels and so was a young woman in the store. We both were walking aroung in the store with our stiletto high heels clicking on the tile when she must have heard me and she turned around and looked at me. She noticed I was wearing high heels and she looked at my shoes then looked up at me. I smiled and said, "hi, how are you?" I walked off to pay for my merchandise. She looked at me for a moment then followed me to the check-out counter. She didn't say anything to me, but she kept looking at my high heels off and on. As I walked out the store I opened the door to go out and she was still looking at me with really no expression. Maybe she was surprised that I was wearing high heeled stilettos than she was. LOL:silly:

roni, I think she was trying to figure out , like a lot of women I talk to, why are you dressed like a man and wearing womens shoes. It really throws women off when they see a man dressed like a man only difference is the shoes. She will be trying to figure that one out until she actually talks to one of us. lol

real men wear heels

I get a really awkward feeling whenever I walk on a floor with heels. It doesn't matter if I'm at home or at a mall or something like that. I prefer to walk outside on asphalt, I think it's because then I don't have to worry about making scratches in the floor and the heels get a much better grip than on a slippery polished floor.

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

People have this great urge to put things into pigeonholes to understand what's going on in the world around them. If they see you dressed as a man with man's shoes, they classify you as a man, and move on. If they see a woman dressed as a woman, they classify her as a woman and move on. It's common in our society today to see women dressed in men's attire and so if they see that, they still classify her as a woman - no drama. All of the sudden they see a male in women's high heel shoes, and there is no existing pigeonhole for that sight, so they're at a total loss as how to classify him. It's outside of their prior experience and beyond their immediate comprehension. It's difficult to create a new pigeonhole, but that's what they have to do. It takes some people a long time to do it. They don't believe their eyes, or they're curious and have to hand around and follow the chap to see how he behaves. Now the next time they see a bloke in heels, that new pigeonhole will exist for them, and they'll be much more equipped to deal with it. If it happens often enough, it's just another well-used pigeonhole. And that's where we need to be going! Steve

i am participating in a 10 mile walk wearing high heels to raise money for charity. i will be wearing 6'' stilettos that have had steel tips fitted so they last the full 10 miles. they will have a good clank which will be of an advantage to me as i need the attention. people will see me in my heels and hopefully put some dosh in the collection bucket. more attention the better:smile::wave::smile::):smile:

Steve63130 ... Thank you for your post and this is why I continue to wear high heels proudly in public. If I am one of those responsible for creating this new pigeonhole, more power to me and those other men who wear high heels in public. The more we heel, the more we'll have more members in thst pigeonhole. Thanks again.

Hey guys:-) It is always good that we can create new pidgeon holes for the public to fit us all in. Lets make it easier for the public to make up their minds about us. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

People have this great urge to put things into pigeonholes to understand what's going on in the world around them. If they see you dressed as a man with man's shoes, they classify you as a man, and move on. If they see a woman dressed as a woman, they classify her as a woman and move on. It's common in our society today to see women dressed in men's attire and so if they see that, they still classify her as a woman - no drama. All of the sudden they see a male in women's high heel shoes, and there is no existing pigeonhole for that sight, so they're at a total loss as how to classify him. It's outside of their prior experience and beyond their immediate comprehension. It's difficult to create a new pigeonhole, but that's what they have to do. It takes some people a long time to do it. They don't believe their eyes, or they're curious and have to hand around and follow the chap to see how he behaves.

Now the next time they see a bloke in heels, that new pigeonhole will exist for them, and they'll be much more equipped to deal with it. If it happens often enough, it's just another well-used pigeonhole. And that's where we need to be going!

Steve

Orr, they could ask us a few questions and we can answer them, and hopefully clarify their clouded mind. Unless we're lazy these days :wave: (Of course, not lazy enough to go heeling)

On a side note, I like this "pigeonhole" we're talking about, haha.

Formally "HHDude"

• 1 month later...

I love the sound my 1.5-2 in cowboy boots make on the supermarket floor (yep, they do make a sound), and I find myself deliberately making the sound, by putting more force into my steps! :wave: Just as some of the other posters, I always turn to look at the sound of high heels, and just the other day at the supermarket I turned excepting to see high stillettos on the beautiful young girl that just walked past but it was 1.5 in old style heels on her gran/mum!!! Then a few minutes later a besuited gentlemen made even more noise in his leather 0.5 in normal mens shoes!!

Dilemmas for me - I like the sound and feel of metal tips but sometimes is sensible to be in more of a stealth mode with the quieter clump of plastic tips. My road is very rough tarmac and when out in heels I have to consider the neighbours (who may be unaware of my heeling). When in plastic tips I wince as I feel the rough tarmac ripping at them, quickly ruining the tip. Much better, when I can, in metal tips which crunch the rough surface and sustain little damage.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, if wearing fine stilettos (I mean like 4mm square tip) around a lot, and doing some mileage as I do, you have to get metalled tips. (I don't know about thicker metalled heels as I don't own any) They don't wear anywhere near as fast as nylon/plastic - but even then you'll still need to get them re-heeled regularly as they do grind down more at the back, and will proabably wear down within 20km of mileage. I have to get a pair re-heeled every 2-3 weeks. Are they noiser? - I find not - they are noiser at different times and in different ways: On ashphalt - plastic is noiser than metal heels. On concrete - metal is noiser in a stiletto (but chunkier heels in plastic will be noiser again) On Marble - metal tips are high pitched clicky sounding, rather than a hollower clunk of plastic (so about equal in different ways) On Lino - metal is definitely quiter than plastic On Wood - no difference. On Metal/Glass - metal tips are obviously noiser - but these situations are rare (only see through floors or step edges and escalators come to mind) In terms of other stuff... Metal will not ladder stockings like fraying/blunted plastic/ nylon heel tips can do.... Metal will be slippier on Marble/ hard linoleum than plastic (esp on Marble), so you can go for a bit of skid at times, which keeps you on your game (as long as you don't go down in a heap) All in all I find Metal tips on fine stilettos essential, and practical. They draw no more attention than the other types - and you get to enjoy the different sound they make. Cheers Heel-Lover

For me, that thin "click-clack" sound made from stiletto heels (especially pumps & sandals) grabs my attention all the time & is a huge turn-on for me! Whenever I hear that sound, I know that there's a girl wearing a great pair of shoes. Shoes with a chunkier heel seem to make a heavier "clank" sound, similar to cowboy boots - a lot of mens' shoes & boots make a similar sound. If I ever start wearing heels in public, it'll likely be a chunkier-heeled shoe, boot, clog/mule. I don't mind the noise, but if I was to wear a stiletto, people would definitely notice - and I'm not sure I want the extra attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Just love the sound of heels ..click clacking along .. and you can always tell a woman thats proud to be wearing her heels by the noise her shoes make ..wants to make me look every time..sometimes in a crowd i feel like someone in the exorcist with my head constantly swinging back and forth looking at those pretty heels

Not sure yet as I haven't tried metal tipped heels. As for western riging/tapered heel. they make a distictive sound that almost anyone will recognize, and it's not an issue for me. Been making noise for over 40 years in cowboy boots. I did find a shop that will replace stiletto heel tips with metal ones, so when I wear out a set, I try them out. It will limit my wearing them around the house as I just put down a ton of real hardwood flooring so the last thing I want is to mark it up with steel tips. The plastic tips don't hurt the floor.