heels, stilletos, wedges? clank or no clank?

ChipsHH

heels, wedges, stilletos? clank or no clank?  

714 members have voted

1. 1. heels, wedges, stilletos? clank or no clank?

• Heels, with clank
    • Stilletos, with clank
    • Wedges
    • Heels, no clank
    • Stilletos, no clank
    • Heels and/or stilletos, with clank
    • Heels and/or stilletos, no clank
    • Wood wedges for the clank
    • None, but i like clank
    • None, and i hate clank

Well said, JeffB -- although I am one of those who has not yet developed the confidence to walk around in heels and let the whole world get an earful. I still prefer to make as little sound as possible so as not to draw attention to myself. As to that delicious sound itself, it is more of a two-beat rhythm -- a sharp "crack" created by the heel-tip hitting the floor followed by a "slap" as the toe makes contact.

Have a happy time!

Well said, JeffB -- although I am one of those who has not yet developed the confidence to walk around in heels and let the whole world get an earful. I still prefer to make as little sound as possible so as not to draw attention to myself.

We all have our own comfort level when it comes to our unique passion, and I would never criticize a fellow heeler if he prefers to go the stealth route. To each his own, and I respect that. When I first started out, I was the same way until I discovered I loved to hear the sound of my heels when I walked and no longer cared what the rest of the world thought when they heard them. I'm just going to enjoy what I love, if society can't handle that, then that's their problem, not mine!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

If you are going to wear high heels out someone is going to notice at some point however well you think they are hidden. So you might as well have noisey ones and be done with it! Also metal stilletto tips last much longer than plastic ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with jmc and also think metal heels are a bit much for attracting attention but if your going to wear heels in public, you should not try to hide it. For 1, it takes the fun out of it and 2, you need to be confident about what your wearing and let the public know that your not self concious and embarrassed and that you know what your doing and have great pride in who you are.

real men wear heels

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Johnieheel, You're right on the money there. If you're going to wear heels in public you WILL be noticed so you might as well be heard. The click clack sound is music to my ears, I especially like the click clack click clickety click and the occasional big scrape you get due to uneven surfaces - or crossing a road. I also enjoy the change in pitch with the changing surfaces - Linoleum to Wood to Asphalt to Marble etc etc.. the pitch changes a lot, and some of the surfaces are much much slippier on a metal heel than plastic or rubber so it makes it a little more fun! Yippee Heel-Lover

I wear my heels to work and change in the parking lot at work as we are not allowed to wear heels at work and when I go home, I change back into my heels and drive home. I park in the paved ally next to my house and it is very quiet when I get home late at night and when I get out of my car and walk to my door, it is a very quiet neighborhood, my heels are very loud and I know the neighbors can tell I'm in heels as I do not try to hide it. The walk is about 20 ft and you can hear it all over town. The dogs even wake up and bark down the street.LOL I love it!

real men wear heels

• 5 months later...

I love the sound what my heels make, so picked stilettos with clank. its more of click clack. ;) it's someway erotic, i get sense of power :cool1: and the love the attention i get when wearing them.

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

While everyone's voting, any lovers of wedges? I know I can't be the only one favoring wedges, can I?

You're not.

I especially like wedges because they tend to be a little more discreet.

Have a happy time!

Your not alone I am a wedge fan also.

rx

Ooh! Good, good!

You're not.

I especially like wedges because they tend to be a little more discreet.

I agree. But I've always been a wedge fan despite them being discreet.

Formally "HHDude"

I love the sound what my heels make, so picked stilettos with clank. its more of click clack. ;) it's someway erotic, i get sense of power :cool1: and the love the attention i get when wearing them.

GOOD ANSWER NINA.

real men wear heels

What I really do like is the sound that stiletto heels make when shod with plastc tips that are just coming to the end of their life. The occasional click in between the more muted thunk to me is wonderful. It doesn't last too long as the plastic deforms away from the pin which means a trip to the heel-bar is necessary if the heels are not to be ruined. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

The clicking of the stiletto heels is one of the really powerful sounds in today's active environments. Actually, it's not the sound exactly, it's like an alarm or an alert signal for those who have been conditioned by years of experience to anticipate certain views as to what is causing the sound before the reality sets in. If you don't know what everyone is anticipating, then you better start becoming more sociable around places that tends to get a lot of high heel traffic. As someone has already mentioned, on this thread even, men have been known to wear shoes that can mimic the sound of high heels, but these were the mundane monotonous styled male shoes with hard plastic lifts that sent out those clicking sounds. However, it has opened an alternative expectation that has lessened the once thought to be only possible result upon hearing the clicking of heels. So, go ahead quys and wear those heels. You are somewhat expected to make the clicking sounds too. If I have to pick between stilettoes and wedges, most of the time stilettoes would be my choice. Wedges are fine, but stilettoes have the styling that better suits me.

i love the sound the heels make but at the same time worry about the attention i may get from it..... however, i've notice that the past few pairs of male shoes i've brought, the heel have been louder than some of the heels the ladies are wearing and i've notice people checking out what shoe i'm wearing...... i'm feeling subconcious about wearing men shoes.... now that's a first ;)

A tough one. I voted for stillettos with no clank on the basis if I was wearing them and in my experience the better quality heels have less clank than the more cheaper varieties. Having said all this, the 'clank' is still quite powerful for women and always a head turner.

I vote for heels with no clank i love to hear the clankwhen i'm out and about but when i'm wearing heels i probably prefer no clank. Yes it looks like an aussiefest on this thread if it keeps going wemight be able to have our own aussie heel meet anybody interested p / message me cheers for now:wave:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most fun part of wearing high heels (esp. Stilettos) is the sound they make. I voted stilettos with clank, I love that sound. But clank has only one disadvantage “they attract too much attention.” I live on first floor and when I walk, my stilettos make very loud sound, I love clank but person living on the ground floor gets irritated, so prefer to walk on carpet. I don’t want my enjoyment become others headache.

:roll:

Austin