heels, stilletos, wedges? clank or no clank?

ChipsHH

heels, wedges, stilletos? clank or no clank?  

714 members have voted

1. 1. heels, wedges, stilletos? clank or no clank?

• Heels, with clank
    • Stilletos, with clank
    • Wedges
    • Heels, no clank
    • Stilletos, no clank
    • Heels and/or stilletos, with clank
    • Heels and/or stilletos, no clank
    • Wood wedges for the clank
    • None, but i like clank
    • None, and i hate clank

I don't understand the fascination with the sound part of it. I've yet to see a pic of a guy pulling off a stilleto, though tapered blocks work well enough.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

We have a lot of guys here that wear stilettos in public successfully all of the time. Kneehighs in New York is one and has put up quite a number of pics to prove it and he is not the only one. With the right outfit and stilettos, a guy can look very stylish and does. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 months later...

I tend to go through phases with what I like to wear, and right now I am really into platform wedges. I mainly just love the look and the feel when I wear them. I also think it may also be the stability of the typically thicker heel. I have some that make noise when I walk and some that dont. It really doesnt bother me if they make noise or not. If I am in the mood to hear my heels then I put on a cute pair of high stilletos. Thanks for the thread. :winkiss:

• 1 month later...

How could you heels or stilettos without them making a noise....well thats my personal opinion and clearly not to everyones taste but I do love the sound they make as you walk around in them, have never got to the bottom of why some make the noise and some are near silent...curious really??

We have a lot of guys here that wear stilettos in public successfully all of the time. Kneehighs in New York is one and has put up quite a number of pics to prove it and he is not the only one. With the right outfit and stilettos, a guy can look very stylish and does.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I wear HH daily.... love the click-clack:w00t2:

GTMHP

• 1 month later...

Steel heel tips will give you much more sound than heel tips made of any other material. If you can stand that then enjoy hearing your heels play sticcatto sounds as you walk on the many different types of pavement in a public outing. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 1 month later...

Miltboot:-) Ah!!!!! But you are missing all of the fun. Once you get comfortable with the click of your heels while streetheeling, you will get to know the difference. When I first started heeling, I felt just like you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 2 weeks later...

I wear heels which slap against my bare soles and loudly clack when going down steps. This attracks more attention and often provokes comments, especially when I wear colored nail polish. I was in a restaurant with my wife last night when I had to walk down about 14 steps to get to our table. The young lady who seated us wanted to know where I bought my stilettos and asked about the color name of my nail polish. On the way out later, she said that she would like to see more men in heels.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I've said this before in this thread, but I'll say it again: heels can't be loud enough to suit me! That wonderful click-clack sound is positively hypnotic!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yup the sound of a metal tipped stiletto is music to the ear. I also enjoy the sound of a plastic/rubber tipped stiletto once they wear down to just exposing the pin. The you get the occasional metalic click thrown into the mix which I think is rather fun. It serves as the warning to the wearer that new tips are required as well - if they notice the sound which I am sure most don't.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I have a pair of Nine West penny loafers with 3" hard leather heels that have the loudest heels sound that I've ever heard. I've actually had men peer from around blind corners to look when they've heard me walking down tile corridors of government buildings. I am greatly amused when they look disappointed at seeing that it's a man. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It's tough to get used to the sound of your shoes clanking -- especially on hard/marble surfaces, more slippery too. I've noticed that I really like the sound of my heels on finished concrete flooring -- it's a deeper sound and I don't have to change my stride like I would if walking on something more slippery. Beyond stating my preferences, I LOVE the sound my heels make. I love the attention they grab (most of the time). For anyone who has not tried wearing really noisy shoes to the mall, you must be very full of self confidence. But if you can pull that off, you'll do just fine.

• 3 months later...

I love the sound high heels make but purely for my own benefit and not for drawing attention to myself. For some of my shoes, with block heels that I wear in public, I've added stick on grabbers (that are typically for the sole of the shoe) to the heel to quiet the sound. Of course there is nothing better (in my opinion) than the sound of a pair of pumps, with pencil thin heels that have metal tips, walking across tile or concrete! Other than making that sound myself I will just about break my neck trying to see who is making it!!! It truly is music to a high heel lover's ear!!!

HighHeelRick:-) Boy, have you got that right. At first the sound of my heels were deafening to me, but after awhile I got used to it and suddenly that sound was music to my ears and the fact that that was me making that sound suddenly sunk in. So now I have the mindset that who cares if someione hears my heels clicing or not. I just merrily c lick away till my heart is content or I am done wearing my heels at the end of the day, whichever comes first. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 1 month later...

I love the way the 'clicking' draws attention - everyone looks to see who it is... it is an empowering thing - to control people via your shoes. I get all my shoes reheeled a lot and I love the change in tone/sound from surface to surface. The larger heels are usually noiser then the small stilettos (especially on very hard surfaces eg tiles/ marble), I go for very fine stilettos and I love the change in pitch from concrete to tile, to ceramic, lino and marble etc... Marble is so 'tick tick' very pin-pointy in the sound and quite high-pitched. Lino is suprisingly quiet - but hard lino (eg dept. stores) can be really slippery Concrete is more 'click click' And finally I love the scrape of the shoe every now and again... 'click click clickety click' or the big scrape you can get when you drag a heel mid-step. I don't own any quiet shoes! Cheers Heel-Lover

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really enjoy the sound of my heels clicking on the different surfaces that I encounter. But whats really great is seeing the facial expressions on the people that look to see and are expecting a female to be wearing heels, instead it is you a male. Priceless. Cheers--- Dawn HH

This is purely my opinion, but what's the sense in wearing high heels if you DON'T want to hear that wonderful clicking sound when you walk? Otherwise, you'd might as well wear (ugh!) boring men's shoes! I live for that delightful clicking sound which is music to my ears, the louder the better! I don't give a damn if I attract attention because of the sound, hell, if anything, I welcome it! It's one of the chief reasons I wear heels in the first place!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!