heels, stilletos, wedges? clank or no clank?

ChipsHH

heels, wedges, stilletos? clank or no clank?  

714 members have voted

1. 1. heels, wedges, stilletos? clank or no clank?

• Heels, with clank
    • Stilletos, with clank
    • Wedges
    • Heels, no clank
    • Stilletos, no clank
    • Heels and/or stilletos, with clank
    • Heels and/or stilletos, no clank
    • Wood wedges for the clank
    • None, but i like clank
    • None, and i hate clank

• 2 weeks later...

I had multiple votes - I guess its fine for a woman to have that hey look at me sound, but for the guy that is not ready to advertise his choice in footwear to the masses, I prefer no clank. I guess I have a small amount of bitterness in that it is actually harder to find women's shoes that do NOT clank. I would estimate almost 80% of womens shoes (not counting sneakers or similar shoes) are designed to clank. I guess that is on purpose, but not sure I am happy about that :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've said this before, but it bears repeating: The sharper, and the louder the clicking (or clacking, or click-clacking, take your pick) of high heels when walking----THE BETTER!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Since this thread has been going, I have given this a lot of thought. In general, I usually preferred shoes that were not terribly loud. This is because I heard someone say when I was at a formative age that shoes that make too much noise was a sign that they are cheap. Well, experience has taught me otherwise; however the thought still lingers. In the past, I have worn slides and mules simply for the sound of them slapping against my foot. But typically, I still like quite shoes. I have also been known to walk on the balls of my foot if they make too much noise. Though I am beginning to really enjoy the clank more and more.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 2 weeks later...

Right on the head of the nail Hohnnieheel. High heels do not CLANK or CLUNK. That is machinery in production facilities. NOTHING sounds better than the clickity click of high heels whether worn by me or women. Its been a real staple sound most of my life.

I'm so tall I'd be afraid of drawing attention to myself! That makes wedges much more attractive to me, since they offer a little more secresy than stilettos or other types of heels.

Don't let height detract you from wearing heels. I'm six and half feet tall easy in four inchers, and that doesn't bother me at all while in public. Of course, going with shorter heels is always a safer option if you're self-conscious.

Now, I'd like to bring up the subject of stilettos. Personally, I don't think they fit males. Especially if they're pointy-toes AND thin-heeled. I tried on (at Carson's) black RocaWear-brand stilets. And although it Was a perfect fit (I'd recommend it to the fans out there), it just didn't seem right. Maybe it was the fact that I pic'ed them for my friend, and she didn't like them. Or maybe the fact they were under my long jeans so nothing except the pointed-toe was visible. I even complained to myself on the way home why I didn't seem to think they looked good on us men. Whatever the case, I'd rather just eye them from a distance. Any opinions on this?

Formally "HHDude"

I happen to share your opinion in general, but there are some folks, like kneehighs, who do look pretty good in stilettos, I think. It's been stated on here before that bigger guys (or gals for that matter) on spindly heels look disproportionate and the disconnect makes for an odd appearance. On the other foot, a pump with a thicker, tapered or block heel, and perhaps a more rounded toe, or even better, a boot or mule, would generally look more appropriate on a large person. On a thin guy, tall or short, I think a stiletto can look fine. I personally happen to be of average height but a bit on the stocky side, and although I like stilettos, in my opinion they look silly on me. My body shape calls for a huskier shoe with a thicker heel. All the generality goes out the window depending on the rest of the outfit, though. A lot depends on the pants length and width of the cuffs, the shirt (long or short, collared or not, worn out or tucked in), and of course, the matching bag (heh, heh, just kidding). It also depends on the venue - night clubbing or baseball game, for instance. GWL

I really don't care if the shoe looks feminine, masculine or neutral since I like them. For me, the most important thing about heeled shoes is the delicate appearance, the challenge and the different feelings you have when you wear them. All of its features are related to the most feminine looking ones. And there's nothing more appealing for my eyes and feet then a very good looking - "feminine" - challenging - stilletos - pointies - what else you want to add here - shoes.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I was out the other day in my 4" Nine West Pumps. I had talked to a women for about 5 minutes. Later she came up to me and asked if I was wearing heels (my boot cut jeans covered my shoes pretty well, but not entirely.) She said she would have never noticed if she didn't HEAR them on the wood floor.

• 1 month later...

I was out the other day in my 4" Nine West Pumps. I had talked to a women for about 5 minutes. Later she came up to me and asked if I was wearing heels (my boot cut jeans covered my shoes pretty well, but not entirely.) She said she would have never noticed if she didn't HEAR them on the wood floor.

I love the sound stiletto high heels make on wooden floors, tile floors, or on concrete. And you are right, that sound does get you some attention.

I love the sound stiletto high heels make on wooden floors, tile floors, or on concrete. And you are right, that sound does get you some attention.

I had a great experience today with clank. Though the pumps I was wearing were bold (red) and the heels were somewhere between a stiletto and a block heel, and mostly covered by my flare legged jeans, the clank turned more than a few heads. I was in a large building with high ceilings and concrete floors that announced with every step I was wearing some pretty awesome shoes!

I have to ask, isn't the sound a big part of the appeal with street-heeling?

K

It all depends on the individual. Some like to hear their heels clicking while others prefer the silent approach. I for one LOVE that clicking sound, the louder, the better!

I have to ask, isn't the sound a big part of the appeal with street-heeling?

It all depends on the individual. Some like to hear their heels clicking while others prefer the silent approach. I for one LOVE that clicking sound, the louder, the better!

Non only does it depend on the individual, I think it depends on mood and situation...sometimes I like the clank, sometimes I don't. But I have been told that I am moody...

Non only does it depend on the individual, I think it depends on mood and situation...sometimes I like the clank, sometimes I don't. But I have been told that I am moody...

Nothing wrong in being moody - I like moody; and I guess you're right... the pleasure deprived from the volume of the click-clack is inversely proportional to the sobriety of the situation :winkiss:

Hang on, that sounds terribly dull.

K

As I think on this thread (to much thinking hurts) I wonder what it will be like when I hear the click-click of heels and turn around expecting to see a woman walking by, but, it is one of us guys. It won't be like when I turn around expecting heels on a ladie and seeing noisie flats instead, what a let down!! As to my preference; I like the click-click of heels both when I am the originator and when I'm not. Mostly I like that sound when I can turn around and see a great pair of heels! btw..My choice of heel is 5" stillettos either MJ's or lace-up knee boots.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

• 1 month later...

I recently got my hands on some 5" chunky platform heels with a somewhat worn-out heel. It's strange because I walked around my kitchen, living room, AND even to get the mail. They sounded pretty loud. But I go to the store I got then from to look for another pair of heels...they sounded as quiet as a needle being dropped on the floor. Any one have heels like this? Not predominantly chunky-style or plats either.

Formally "HHDude"

• 4 weeks later...

The sound calls out "hey look" and I love it but I'm not fully ready to take all the attention so certain heels don't go out much. What gets me is that some heels are so slippery even if they are reasonably quiet or with a duller sound. Al

I voted for shoes that do not make noise. The only heels I have are stilletos, but they make too much noise, so they stay at home. I am going to be looking for a nice wedge heel soon. I used to have a pair, and really enjoyed those as street heeling shoes. They gave me the feeling of high heels (with the arch and height), but no noticable sound. So I will be in the market for a nice pair soon.:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Dawn HH still catching up on what I missed in the past week or two. I've seen (and have) rubber pads that go under vases and the likes so I may well try them. I got a short boot from peacocks cheap, very comfortable good grip sole but the heel is like ice even on dry tarmac. Thanks for the tip :thumbsup: couldn't resist that pun. Al