heels, stilletos, wedges? clank or no clank?

ChipsHH

heels, wedges, stilletos? clank or no clank?  

714 members have voted

1. 1. heels, wedges, stilletos? clank or no clank?

• Heels, with clank
    • Stilletos, with clank
    • Wedges
    • Heels, no clank
    • Stilletos, no clank
    • Heels and/or stilletos, with clank
    • Heels and/or stilletos, no clank
    • Wood wedges for the clank
    • None, but i like clank
    • None, and i hate clank

I was curious, like always, about this. I'm seeing alot of heel wearers more than anything else, but would you think of considering wedges or even stilletos (did i spell it right?) If you chose heels or stilletos, would u wear them with or without the constant clanking, cause when it comes to attention, we (or some) don't want too much on them, if u know what i mean Ima vote...after a few vote The bottom answers r random last-second answers, but who knows? some may pick it :wink:

Formally "HHDude"

well i would prefer that the heels didn't make the sound they make when i wear them , so that's what i voted for. the sound attracts more attention than anything else i think. at the same time........ it's a part of wearg heels, so getting rid of the sound might be kind of silly.

Hi all, I wearing heeled ankle boots most days now for work, chunky square heels 2.5 inch high and they do make quite a pronounced thwack which I was really self-conscious about for a long while; now I actually enjoy it. As a result if I'm wearing a higher, thinner heeled shoe when I'm out in the evening that clicks and clacks loudly on the street, I'm much less bothered by it. I think much of it, unsurprisingly, comes down to confidence, daring to be different and confounding expectations. Wishes, Tosca

Still rainin' still dreamin'

Tosca, like you I wear 3-4" block heels to work daily and have so for 18 months now. They make the sound you associate with heels even though rubber tipped, however, I do have a pair of male loafers that make exactly the same noise. I have often heard mens shoes that are just as loud as womens shoes, except these days men seem o wear sneakers type soles all the time. Yes I too was a bit concious of the clacking, but now it is just background to me. You are so right, it all about confidence. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I really prefer to make as little sound as possible. While I dearly adore the sound any decent heels make on a hard surface I really have little desire to actually make that sound myself. Like most of we heelers I am "fine-tuned" to receive and recognize that luscious sound while I am well aware of the attention it elicits from me. On a deep level I have no desire to attract that kind of attention. My heels are for me -- for my enjoyment and sensation and not really for anyone else. If anybody else notices, that's OK but I don't really want to advertise "Hey I'm a guy wearing high heels!" Maybe this is significantly different from the reasons why women wear heels but that is quite irrelevant to my situation.

I know some of our members frown on this practice but I prefer to wear my heels under long pants, hidden from casual view. I am of the opinion that they are "my business", exclusively. I am not out to further a cause, nor to make a statement -- just to feel good. Happy feet = happy fellow. Further, I prefer wedges, at least for now because they are more discreet.

Have a happy time!

Actually, that's what I do too. :s I wear my hem to the ground. It's much more discrete. Especially when I'm wearing my pumps (they're cut low, and show a bit of cleavage), I need my pants to be long enough to cover most of the shoe. That's why the pumps look more like boots (and that's easier to pass) when I wear them with pants ;)

Why should girls have all the fun? :P

Mhmm, I see. So it seems that some of us like the clank but perfer to hide the fact it's from us. Am I right so far? I mean, you all, and even I, would wear the longest jeans just to hide boots, heels, or anything that may clank and/or get attention on you. It's good to know that the shy ones (may I say that about some?) have a way to build up that courage to actively wear heels in public, and probably wear shorts or a skirt on those days when you feel most comfortable. You know, I'll highly consider it in the future

Formally "HHDude"

I voted Heels and/or stilletos, no clank I used to prefer stilettos but now find I like a variety of heels. When/if I wear them out I prefer not to be noticed visually or aurally

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

have to admit that i too enjoy the sensations of heels, but hate the attention. i should be used to attention by now, as i'm an almost complete crossdresser. i don't try to pass as female, but most of my co-workers don't remember the last time they saw me in pants. ;)

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Anyone else for clank? I also like the clank, but no attention needed. So like others, I enjoy the sound of it on the inside. I can do with no attention, for now anyways

Formally "HHDude"

• 2 weeks later...

I have no problem with the sound heels make, in fact, for me, that's part of the appeal. The louder, the better!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Oh you mean the clicking sound while walking in them. I LOVE IT!! Beautiful sound! Some of my pumps click in a nicer pitch than others while walking in them. It's music to my ears. When i think of heel clicking, i think of the 90's movie "Bowfinger", with Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin. They put these shoes on a dog, and had the dog walking in a parking garage. They were trying to make Murphy's character think he was being followed. It was a very comical scene, with a classic, sexy clicking!

I didn't vote, firstly because steel-tipped heels click-click-click and don't clank. Clanking sounds like hitting a rusty old iron pipe with a hammer! Secondly because my collection comprises many more styles than just stiletto or wedge. I've got chunky heels too, plus semi chunky plus blade heels plus vane heels plus platforms etc. etc. Thirdly, I like BOTH silent and loudly clicking heels. It depends whether I'm in discreet shyguy mood or in-your-face strtting' my stuff mood! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I have voted FOR the clank. But I have a problem with your description of the noise: my alldays block heels are sounding like a normal girls claque-claque because the big majority of the girls are wearing the same shy style on the street like me. When there is one of the rare opportunities to wear stiletto high heels with metallic tips in public I'm loving this fascinating "click clack" of my shoes :o - but not "clank" ;) micha (*a click clack fetish lover*) btw: I have never heard any noise from my wedges boots or sandals. There must be something wrong with them ...

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Micha:-)

Maybe your wedge boots and sandals are "HUSH PUPPIES"? TEE! HEE! I couldn't help myself.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Urgh! That was definitely cringe-worthy! HA!

I have expected answers like these (*g*) Be honest: who of you has ever worn high heels with thin metallic stilettos during doing the daily purchases? I have done it. But in my opinion it's the worst style to gain acceptance for male heels wearing from normal people. My cowgirl boots with 4'' stacked heels are loud enough for the stony floor in my supermarket ;) micha (*the metal heel tips are reserved for home wearing and club nights*)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Micha, for my part I almost always choose to wear a stiletto heel (if I'm wearing a heel 4inches or higher) because they "walk" better. The thin heel suits the height for comfort - I dislike the feel of a chunky heel and the way when I wear them I feel like I am flopping my feet along. If I want to lean a heel while I walk - I can in a stiletto, and similarly I can lean a corner a little. Stilettos are only a real pain when it comes to pavement cracks or my pet hate down-hill grinds.... When standing I can roll the heel around a little (if wearing a stiletto) which feels great. You can't do this in a chunky heel or platform shoe. Lastly I think the finer heels just look and sound better. I agree though - they are a big jump from the norm but maybe this is the hidden "exhibitionist" coming out in me? rgds Heel-Lover

I agree with Heel-Lover, I have always found it to be comfortable and easier to walk with thinner stiletto heels when wear my higher heels. The shape also helps if the heel is more of the classic design that has the tip closer to the center of the sole. I have several heels that were very popular a couple years ago where the heel is straight down from the back of the shoe and the balance is all off, they feel like they will break in half and the heels tend to bend backward at the bottom making the problem even worse over time. Lately the heel shape has gone back to the late 50's early 60's design when classic pumps were at there all time sexiest shape.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"clank" is normally a term used to describe the sound made by heavy machinery -- usually machinery in less than prime condition. Think about big pieces of metal banging into one another. In the title of this thread the word is not well used. In the title of this thread, "clank" is used to describe that delicious sound made by a high-heel tip as it hits the floor. If you are a heeler you know that sound well -- your ears are fine-tuned to detect it. We all love that sound and our attention is instantly drawn to it. Oddly, though, some of us as male heelers do not wish to make that sound. Primarily this is because we do not want to draw attention to ourselves.

Have a happy time!

"clank" is normally a term used to describe the sound made by heavy machinery -- usually machinery in less than prime condition. Think about big pieces of metal banging into one another. In the title of this thread the word is not well used.

In the title of this thread, "clank" is used to describe that delicious sound made by a high-heel tip as it hits the floor. If you are a heeler you know that sound well -- your ears are fine-tuned to detect it.

We all love that sound and our attention is instantly drawn to it. Oddly, though, some of us as male heelers do not wish to make that sound. Primarily this is because we do not want to draw attention to ourselves.

I agree completely. Not to sound fussy, but I'd say the sound heels make is more along the lines of "click" or "clack", depending on the height and thickness of the heel and the surface being walked upon. I'm one of those gents who lives for the sound heels make, I love that sound to death and call it an affirmation of my wearing heels. I don't give a damn if I draw attention to myself, the action of wearing women's shoes alone is enough to do that, regardless of if they're noisy stilettos or near silent espadrilles.

"I don't give a damn if I draw attention to myself, the action of wearing women's shoes alone is enough to do that, regardless of if they're noisy stilettos or near silent espadrilles." Well said, JeffB. My sentiments exactly. And, I also "live" for the sound of high heels on solid surfaces.