High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

Wow. I want a pair of those! Who makes them? UK size 6.5 / Eur size 39.5 please.

Faith had some vaguely similar stuff a while ago. The heel and mid foot were exposed, with a closed toe, and there were straps across the front of the leg, rather than at the back. They only had them in white. I've not seen anything, anywhere, quite like those in the image above.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jo, these are them.....

Posted Image

It's actually on this board believe it or not. It's a very unusual style, hence why I was surprised to see a pair on show :wink:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

>> 100mm (4") heeled peep toe boot with belt buckle calf straps-as worn in Sophie Ellis Baxter's video - 'Murder on the dance Floor.' UK Price £425 <<

Ack. C'mon, Gina didn't even spell her name correctly. It's Sophie Ellis Bextor ya' know. Sheeesh.

Hmm. Posh Spice likes Gina shoes, so I expect she has a pair, though not for public wearing if someone else famous is well known for having worn them. Am I daring enough to go and try them?

Hi, Guys,

You must remember that there are a lot of people out there with more money than sense.

Of the Beckhams, I think that Victoria's husband has more brains, and him being a football ace, that doesn't say much !

Certain famous brand names, Gina and Prada, for example charge the earth for usually good quality goods. The cachet in wearing these goods seems to be in the fact that the wearer is rich enough to afford them.

When Calv and I were doing the London sales, we went to Harrods, so as I could check out the Prada boots in the sales. In size EU40, they had been reduced from about £500 to £225, but in size 39 Calv found a pair reduced from £3250 to £1150 (ish). So yours truly tried on the expensive pair and found that they had a fit like a pair of rubber waders .... HORRIBLE, but I suppose great for a woman with telegraph pole legs.

We wondered why the great difference in price, the only difference being that the more expensive pair had slightly softer leather.

hi there!!!! :wink: I saw 2 different women customers go in & out of the supermarket where I work yesterday (RALPHS) one had black high heel pumps with about I'd say 4 inch heels & then the other one (A little later) had black high heel knee boots with the same type heels (as far as I could see that is) little did THEY know that I have heeled boots too! :D (which I'm wearing @ the present) they are from NINE WEST btw. yours, Brad

I have seen some boots with very thin stilettos on some women, even some at work. HOWEVER the heels are usually low, around two inches, sometimes two and a half. This I find disappointing, since my boots are four inches for the heel and no one ever comes close. Of course, I did see a woman in four inch ankle boots and jeans today, but it was me. So I do not think that counts.

These new styles with the semi kitten heel are not very nice for me. I think a 2" stiletto heel is not good because its height is so small in proportion to the width. Better to wear a block in 2" or even flat shoes.

These new styles with the semi kitten heel are not very nice for me. I think a 2" stiletto heel is not good because its height is so small in proportion to the width. Better to wear a block in 2" or even flat shoes.

yeah, what is with these new shoes?? I mean, the other day I saw a woman wearing a pair - I thought they were higher, untill she stepped off the kerb and I could see that they were only low.. yuch! I was most dissapointed :wink:

AndyB.

I was in Nottingham on saturday and whilst waiting for the connecting buses I spotted many heels, mostly of the blade and stiletto types.

I was treated a view of a very nice pair of ankle strapped courts that came out of a cab next to the bus stop. The lass wearing them was nice too! -drool- Pity the guy she was with had no imagination. God, what a f&$kwit! Ugly B'stard or what? Nearly thought about saving her from a fate worse than kitten heels, but remembered I was married :D

Oh well, cant have it all ways now. Can I?

I was only wearing my 3" heels as many miles of 'yomping' was involved. I was going to a model railway exhibition so sitting is not an option. A few nice stiletto heels at the exhibition too.

Got a nice smile from a woman on the railway station who took rather more than a passing interest in my footwear.

Don't tell the wife, but I was tempted to get her number :wink:

Yeah... Nottingham is a fantastic place for heel spotting. I spot plenty on my trips through town - it's quite a pleasurable experience! So many good shoe shops too...! You see different heels depending on the bus routes too... which buses did you catch Francis (colours would do...!)? SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I've never been quite sure if a 2 inch thin heel can be called a stiletto but for those who prefer a higher heel, think of those who can't comfortably wear higher. Would you rather see a 2 inch stiletto or a 2 inch chunky heel which practically looks like no heel at all. I've worn 2 inch stiletto boots - mostly rather old than I've preserved as best I can- and had women wishing they could get ones like mine. I'm all for choice, give people what they like

Well now there's a coincidence, Francis... the exact same buses I catch to college! I find the best place to sit is on the lower deck on the left, then you get to see people's shoes on the pavement, and those that get on the bus too. I knew I had a good reason to go into town on Saturday! *kicks self*... SH

I usually have several sightings every day; but I expect that is true in the centre of any large town, or in a city, on any week-day and anytime about mid-afternoon.

However, today was a little different. Walking past a church just round the corner from the main shops a large group of people emerged, mostly dressed in black, and headed back towards their cars mostly parked just up the road a little way. One woman, in her mid 30s I guess, immediately caught my attention, or at least her shoes did.

They had a covered, closed, toe box which was quite long and slightly pointy, but squared off at the end. The heel was just over 1cm wide at the top, and tapered slightly to just less then 1cm at the bottom. It was easily 5 inches high, and her foot was in a very high arch. I guess the shoes were about UK size 6.

As if that wasn't enough, I then saw they were some sort of ankle cuff design. The back strap which ran vertically behind the foot was less than an inch wide, probably about 0.75 inch, and it ran quite high above the ankle. It ended in a cuff which I did not get a very good view of. All I know is that it was secured with two buckles at the very front of the leg, and were done up very tight. These shoes screamed bondage by their design, colouring, and finish.

She could walk very well in them. No-one else in the group gave them any attention; but maybe that was all done hours ago when the group first all met up.

I saw a long blond haired women wearing a tight above the knee gray skirt with nude stockings or bare legs with gray and white checkered blouse. Better yet she was a pair of black pat 4"+ courts with T straps. :wink:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I see so many heels on my daily travels that it's hard to remember many of them...

Today I saw a girl get off a bus with a guy who was presumably her boyfriend. He was a bit scruffy looking, and was rudey scum (don't ask)judging by the way he dressed.. And the girl was probably a bit of a slapper judging by the way she dressed... However! She was wearing some nice stiletto ankle boots under long jeans. Due to the jeans, I couldn't tell the heel height, or indeed if they were ankle boots or not, but the heel was very high, and she probably had quite small feet, probably 4 or 5UK, because I could barely see any of the pointy toe! I'm reckoning probably 4+ inch heel.

Nice to see some decent heels are out there! It's a shame I'm not seeing many high chunky styles... cos that's what I like to see :wink: It's all flat courts that look foul, possibly with a 1cm kitten heel... yuck! I won't go on on that one, I've already had a rant about those...!)

SH

"Slapper" is one of the labels given to certain people (mostly in the younger generation) who have the stereotype of being a bit of a tart, slag, slut, etc etc. Owing to my lack of brain power at 1:16am, I can't define slapper properly... ... but what she was wearing was very tight, and designed to show off her female protrusions that young guys like to oogle over so much. Her hair was done back so tightly it must have been stretching her face, all tied up in a bun at the back, and wearing large gold hoops in her ears that you could almost jump through... oh, and jeans so tight they made her arse practically scream "pinch me", or something like that... Bleh. Brian failure. SH

well if being dressed in tight revealing clothing with pulled back hairs and over exuberant makeup is being a tart then I best keep a picture of myself hidden :wink:

wouldn't want to be labelled a 'tart'.

For the record, a 'slapper' is a lass who would sleep with any bloke just for the fun of it.

Bugger! That would apply to me as well! Good job that there is no no male word for slapper, so tart will have to suffice.

What am I saying? Tart? Me? In my tight red leather trousers and 6.5" red spikes?

I think the resounding answer must be; YES!

Damn! Been found out! Alright you naughty people, that's the last secret you get from me !! :rofl:

original qoute by Francis.

I was only wearing my 3" heels as many miles of 'yomping' was involved.

"Yomping"...now thers a word I havn't heard in years! I never "Yomped" but I did a hell of alot of "Tabbing".

jim

Slapper.....I like the term Isaac Asimov coined in his futuristic spy novel Friday: SLITCH. Might even be applied to you, Francis, since the in thing these days, at least among gurls, is to label their boyfriend as their "bitch". :wink:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks