High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

Following on from my earlier message about the new lady at work. Last week I happened to be demonstrating my old digital camera to a college trying to sell it to him. I'd just packed it all away when who should walk into the office? :wink:

This picture was all I could get as she left the office, believe me she can walk quickly in these shoes. Sorry about the quality but it was taken quickly without anytime to focus it properly.

Posted Image

She was wearing them again today, infact thinking about it, she only ever wears the shoes above or boots with a similar height heel.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was walking down the road today and came across this.... I just thought I would share this with you. Simply lovely heels! sorry.. they are a little large.

I agree High Surprise, those heels are awesome. Does anyone know what brand they are? If anyone recognizes them, please let me know.

I dig the pants too - I love those flared bottoms.

"No matter what they say"

Matt - thank you for sharing that picture with us all. That colleague of yours has good legs. She could maybe benefit from slightly higher heels but they do look pretty nice. Dheel - I have no idea where those heels were from (as I was simply walking past this girl and thought of HHPlace). I can tell you that the front of the shoes were very pointed and showed of the toe cleavage clearly (which I thought was quite nice). No idea if anyone else recognises them???

I'll try, but the opportunity to get a snap without anyone catching me are pretty far between :wink: Today she had on her boots and a really tight (as in sprayed on) pair of cords. One thing I have noticed about her is that she only seems to wear "big" knickers even when it means very obvious VPL like today!

• 3 weeks later...

Must report a wonderful sighting in Bristol City Centre last Friday night at abut the time people begin criss-crossing from one nightclub to the other. A couple came striding throughout the length of the long central precinct. The young man was manfully striding away with very attractive slim girlfriend justabout keeping-up in some great high heels. Her top was a short-sleeved white singlet and below that was a cute denim mini-skirt that only just covered her lovely apple-shaped bottom. Her high heels were a great pair of 5" white stiletto plain courts (to match the singlet). She clicked along with a tantalising little inward heel-wobble on each step and the overall effect was awesome! There were a few other good pairs of stiletto courts being worn but without the exciting wobble, and two great pairs of boots with the bottom half of the black 5" heels in gleaming gold metal, both worn with very short denim shorts! Look forward to reading a few more of other people's latest sightings! Cheers, Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

I must say that summer has brought on a plethora of sightings in the city. It seems that every day I see at least one or two women wearing a nice pair of slender heels, be it pumps, slides, or sandals. A few too many wedgies for my taste (especially frustrating when the rest of the shoe is sooo sexy) but many ladies wearing heels these days. It'll never again be like the 80's, but it a far piece better than it's been for several years now.

I've just come back from Liverpool, where I was treated to quite a number of great sightings on my way into the city, and in the office I was working in. No ultra-heeled goddesses, tho' :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Wrong city and wrong country, Yam. But it would be a bit expensive to come all the way over here and try to find me somewhere, since I would not give away my specific location, after all. :wink:

You mean I can't just fly to Edmonton and ask for the 'high heeled goddess'? Are you sure :D ?

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I came across a girl today (she could not have been 5 ft tall - that's small!!!) I could not believe what I saw. My colleague and I stopped in the street and stared - she wore what must have been 7 inch heels (I am not exaggerating) and could not walk at all. At first I thought it was a joke and I looked for a TV camera. After a while, I realised she was on her own so it could not have been a joke. She was oriental looking and obviously VERY tired! She looked like she needed to sit down. Very strange (and sexy if I am to be honest). Sorry, had no camera with me today :-( - always the way.

Hi High Suprise,

Sounds like quite a spectacle!

As a matter of interest, where was this?

Hope you have a camera if you see her again :wink:

Admirer

It was a spectacle - in every sense of the word. I was in North London at the time - in a place called Barnet (somewhere I don't know very well). I so so wish I had my camera. Next time!

Hello High Surprise! That sounds like a FANTASTIC sighting that most of us only dream about seeing. I suppose it's too much to hope for that you (or one of the other contributors) will ever see her again, and photograph her! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Tonight in Bristol City Centre I enjoyed watching a pair of girls negotiating the cobbled surfaces in high heels. The right-hand girl wore black boots with extremely high very shiny gold stiletto heels, and her right heel had a pronounced outward lean which worsened now and again as knobbly cobbles twisted her ankle this way and that. She looked mightily relieved to finally get into a taxi, but no doubt she'll be back to 'Hit the Town' again next week in those same mind-blowing heels. Following that I admired the even-higher heeled black boots worn by another young girl. The heels were thicker, but the shape of the foot-part was evil, forcing the instep vertically up from the square toe of the boot. The heels were obviously far too high for her and as she stood around waiting for a taxi, she kept lifting the toe of one foot and then the other to ease the ultra-steep angle of her ankles. So sexy! Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

Hello High Surprise! That sounds like a FANTASTIC sighting that most of us only dream about seeing. I suppose it's too much to hope for that you (or one of the other contributors) will ever see her again, and photograph her! Cheers, Heelfan

Hi Heelsfan - unfortunately the likelyhood of ever seeing her again is 0% so I am sorry. Where I hang out though, I see things like this quite often. Luckily high heels are very cool in fashion at the moment so I'll keep my camera ready and clicking.

Thought you'd all like a run-down on my sightings in Bristol city centre last night (Saturday - pubbing & clubbing night!). Main observations: 1) Now lots and lots and lots of shoes and boots with stilettos everywhere, and the clod-hopping 'pod' styles seem to be finally almost vanished (three cheers!). Also, the dreaded all-concealing jeans were fortunately in the minority, with lots of short dresses, mini skirts and micro-skirts everywhere, showing the high heels off to best advantage! However, unfortunately the hundreds of stilettos all seemed to be no higher that about 3.5" or 4" maximum. Only one ACE pair seen all the evening - 5" stilettos on a girl's laced 'workboot-style' ankle-boot. I wonder if the lamentable (nay can we say 'criminal'?) lack of 4" plus is due to a lack or daring on the manufacturer's part, or the wearing public's part(?). 2) Although the girl's clumpy, pod, and clod-hopping styles have now thankfully all-but disappeared, one style than was still being worn in large numbers last night was the black knee-boot with the very thick platform and the very high heels, 1" to 1.5" thick. You all know the ones! I was mystified as to why this style has survived and why all those same girls had not gone on to black knee boots with modern platform-less very high stiletto heels. 3) Amongst the many stilettos seen last night, one style seen on quite a number of girls was a d'orsay in sand-coloured suede with the odd gold-metal decoration. Curiously, whenever someone walked past in a pair of these, they were ALL flip-flopping off their feet! None were fitting and gripping. I think maybe because the d'orsay style has no sides to the uppers, it allows the toe-section to be distorted forwards a bit and the heel-section to be distorted backwards a bit, releasing the foot to slop in and out of the shoe. Anyway, the girls wearing them all seemed totally unconcerned, and I liked it, so everyone is happy! 4) One teenage Oriental girl wore ankle boots with 3.5" stilettos, tilting very alarmingly inwards on them as if she'd totally given-up trying to keep them vertical. Later on a saw another blond girl wearing boots with a similarly pronounced outward tilt to her heels. I mused to myself as to would happen if they got together and changed boots for their next evening out. Would both pairs of stilettos be magically corrected back to vertical? 5) At 10.45pm, the theatre crowd came out of the Hippodrome having been to see the show Saturday Night Fever. Two men were together with their wives and were wearing 3.5" block heels with thin platforms. Before I could ask them whether they were members of these forums, they were into a taxi and away. I've only ever in my life sighted about four or five other guys wearing high heels in public, so it was a big surprise to see two together! SUMMARY) For keen heel-spotters, the current climate in Bristol is probably the best it's been since the dying-out in the late 1980s of the last stiletto fashion. Plenty of variety of heels and styles around up to 4". However, I'm not seeing the return in any numbers of the REALLY exciting 4.5" or 5" stilettos, and certainly nothing whatsover in the occasional 5.5" or 6" sighting that really used to make my month! In fact, these days, just one such up-to-date sighting would make my year! Cheerfully yours, Heelsfan.

Onwards and upwards!

Chris and I went to a wedding for one of my really good friends, and of course that now means driving about three hurs, which is no big deal. Hey, two people never had more fun in the front seat of a car. Joke telling and good conversation, I mean, the car was moving at 130 kmh, people! At the wedding, there were some nice heels. Yes, shocking. There was one woman who even had on nice spiked heels during the reception, they looked like boots, hidden mostly by pants. I would say judging her height and foot size, they were at least four inches high. There were a good number of three and four inch heels, blades and somewhat smaller sized block heels. And a few rapier heels. As for myself, white sandals with a four inch pencil thin stiletto. And I wore a dress, so everyone was able to see them. It was interesting, since the ceremony was outdoors, in the mountains, and most of us wore lower heeled shoes. We had to climb down rocks to get to the lake side. But many of the women, including all of my friends, changed into some higher heels for the reception. We're a good looking bunch, we girls who used to work together... shame how times change...

Well, Chris and I do not own a camera, and really, I don't have an interest in taking pictures of feet. If I did, it would be faces, certainly. A thing about leaving one's friends behind is that you look to preserve those memories as best as you can. I hope I have done a little bit of that over the weekend. Of course, I cannot see my goddess self allowing anyone else to be photographed for their heels when I can be the one in the pictures. Maybe if Chris and I can borrow that digital camera, we can snap a few shots of what I wore. Who knows. I should see if people will offer a monetary incentive for such things. These days, it could come in handy!

Often imagination beats a camera hands down... Anyway, my latest quality heel sighting was last week, coming back on the train from a business trip in London. A woman with fully 5" Stiletto court (and believe me I can estimate to within !/4" from some distance away) was relaxing on the journey out of London Unfortunately I was asked to move to the next carraige by the ticket inspector as my London ticket was not valied in that coach at that time on that long distance train (tickets are very complicated in the UK). In the next carriage the window view was more entertaining than any fashions on display. Oh well... next time.

Had two great HH sightings on my recent trip to Singapore. Being tired of Chinese food every day, I went to buy some fries in a local McDonalds early on Saturday evening. Walk in two women clearly dressed to kill. One of them wears a long gown with a slit all the way up to the thigh. But the shoes really caught my attention :wink: They were 5" stilletos with a metal heel. The straps were a bit unusual. They seem to be made out of the thick leather that you see used for bondage gear and were connected through small but thick metal rings. Overall, a stilleto sandal I had not seen before. The nex day on my flight back I made a stopover in Amsterdam. Waiting to board the same flight as I do was an Asian women wearing the strangest pants. The pant legs were wide and made from shear material similar to fishnet stockings. On top they were connected to short black shorts. But the shoes ! She wore 6 inch heels with a 2 inch platform in black PVC. This is not exactly my favorite kind of shoe, but still it was quite a sight. It was interesting to see all the security personal almost staring their eyes out at her.

Hello Loveheel, Sightings like yours are great, as they use this wonderful phenomenon the the Web to bring us news of high heels being worn in all sorts of unexpected parts of the world. Keep such sightings coming everone! Cheerfully yours, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!

Seen in the local driving range bar. Black woman with black miniskirt, jacket, and black 4 inch ankle stap thinnish heels, but not stiletto. Anyway, quite an attractive girl and outfit. I was wearing my trainers; heels are not condusive to whacking the ball 250 yards+ on the range!

As above reported by me last weekend, Bristol's pubbing and clubbing fraternity on Frinday and Saturday nights hasn't looked so good for years (many, many stilettos about now, although admittedly nothing much over 4" yet, and not a single clumpy 'Pod' style left anywhere in sight!). However, I'm delighted to report that the stiletto trend is now also spreading to the all-day office workers! I happened to be in the commercial centre at around 5 pm when the secretaries etc. were pouring out of their offices, and was bobbydazzled by all the very short, mid-thigh-length tight black skirts and a number of nice stiletto heels! My star prize mentally went to the girl in the slingbacks with very thin 4 1/2" steel-tipped stiletto heels click-click-clicking her way to the bus stop. Cheerfully yours, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!

I went for something called Pre employment testing, which is strange in a way, taking vocabulary tests and personality tests to see if you'd fit the company. The dress was business casual, so I opted for a summery look, three inch heeled mules, capri pants, rent tank top, short sleeved suit jacket, it was a nice effect. I did notice one girl there, dressed in a nice suit, and she had on tan stiletto boots, that had a white cream section on each side. I suppose there is no such thing as over dressing and being seen in a bad light. It makes me wish I had been a bit dressier, or at least, I had been able to repair my four inch clear stiletto sandals with black straps.

As a high-heel sighting this is cheating a bit, being a set of "Arm Chair Sitings". However, I can't resist reporting that an excellent new Guests' Gallery has appeared on the previous rather frumpy STREETHEELS site:

http://www/streetheels.co.uk/

Click on to both pages of their Guests' Gallery and enjoy ordinary real British girls going about their real everyday lives in real stiletto heels that they've chosen for themselves (not some blonde tart dragged into some phoney bedroom setting for half an hour and told to sit on the edge of the bed with their feet in brand new fetish shoes 3 sizes too big with no wear whatsoever whenever the underside of the soles are in shot!).

Cheerfully Yours, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!