High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

Very odd, but beautiful Posted by Carl J on July 6, 2003, 13:43:03 I was in the mall the other day and I saw a woman which I must describe and see if anyone has any input into her outfit. She was a very plain woman, probably around 40. She wore not a stitch of make-up nor any jewlery. Her hair was very conservative and parted in the middle and came down to about shoulder length. She was naturally pretty, but nothing stood out about her. She wore an off white blouse that was not frilly and it buttoned up to her neck line. She had on a long skirt which came down past her knees, half way to her ankles. It was not tight fitting. She wore pale stockings with no frills or anything. She could have passed for anyone's mother. But here is the unusual thing: She was wearing 5" spiked, ultra thin, black pumps with the gold spike. It was so out of character with the rest of her. She was not short, I would say approaching 6 feet with the shoes on. So she must have been 5'6" or so. Although that's not tall, I could have seen the shoe style had she only been a 5' or 5'1" gal. She walked very gracefully in them, but needed to take small, mincing steps. I just couldn't figure out why she would be so wild with her shoes and yet so ultra conservative with the rest of herself. I saw her in the food court and quickly got myself a snack and sat about 5 tables from her. She was reading a magazine and eating. She had her legs crossed and it was pretty obvious that her feet were bothering her. At one point she kicked off one shoe and curled her leg under her and massaged the ball of her foot. Then she put her shoe back on and switched feet. When she was done with that she had both her shoes back on and crossed one leg over the other and started dangling her high heel of the end of her toes!! I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I don't think she was even conscious of what she was doing as she was absorbed in her magazine and not looking around to see if she had an audience. I think she was doing it just to relieve pressure and make her feet feel better. After she finished eating, she picked up all her shopping bags (she had been shopping awhile apparently) and strode off into the sunset. I was so tempted to follow her and comment on her shoes and try to strike up a conversation about them. I was really curious with why she wore such shoes when everything else was ultra conservative. But I didn't follow her because I know it would have been improper. Does anyone out there, especially you ladies, venture a guess on the outfit and why the contradiction?

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High Heels on the 4th Posted by Billhhf on July 5, 2003, 14:18:31 I was at a Fourth of July parade yesterday. It was hot and humid. This is a very large parade and unless you get there very early, the walk is usually a mile from the parade route. At first I saw only very low sandals, 2 to 3 inch plats at most. Nothing too exciting. But as the day progressed, I saw at least 5 pair of high heels. I'll save the best for last: 1) 1 pair was spiked, about 4 to 4 1/2 inches. It was hard to tell because she was wearing pants. One of the only few in pants. 2) 1 pair was platform. They were slides, white with a 5 inch platform with about a 1 inch platform in front. She was wearing Capri pants so the heels were very noticeable and very sexy. 3) 1 pair was also platform. These were also slides of about 6 inches, but the front platform was about 3 inches. All in all, she was up there on her heels and struggling a little, but looked very feminine and sexy in her own way. She was wearing shorts. 4) 1 pair was 4 inch pumps, black. She had on jeans. 5) The last and best pair were a pair of 5 inch, slides that were pencil thin. She had on the shortest shorts I have ever seen and a cut-off shirt to show her belly. Her hair was done up and puffed to heaven and her make-up was put on rather heavy. She had jewelry hanging from everywhere. As she passed, I saw quite a few people take double and triple takes and few even rolled their eyes. She was definitley dressed as if to say, "NOTICE ME!!!" She was in fact noticed by men and women alike. She looked gorgeous and sexy. I often wonder what allows a girl to dress that way to go in public? In truth, if it were night, she probably would have been considered a prostitute. But she was with her friends and they were dressed up a little but no where near how she was decked out. To go to a parade like that she had to know she was going to be the center of attention and stand out among everyone. I can only imagine that even if it's not sexual for her, she must just enjoy the attention. All in all a great parade and some great sites.

Hello Ritton! I've just had a brilliant idea! ..................................................MOVE! Or, on second thoughts, why not re-arrange your life for a career-change and give your heel-less town a treat by starting-up a mind-blowing high-heel store containing all of your dream styles and heels! That would shake the town up a bit! Give 'em what for! Cheerfully yours, Heelsfan PS - More sighting please folks!

Onwards and upwards!

I think moving would be easier. Starting a business venture to try and start a trend where it does not exist is likely to end up failing, and we would never wish that upon one of our members. There has to be a need for a service before one can cater to it. If everyone wears ugly flat things on their feet, then that is what they are used to, and thus, they need a desire to wear something different, and then as they end up frustrated looking for it, the store opens. Supply, demand, that sort of thing...

But what is a trend and when does one exist...? OK, that was rhetorical. Laurie is right. Trends are started by people in the public eye in today's world. Move to London. You will see lots of nice heels, that is guaranteed!

For me, I like showing that I can handle higher heels than everyone else. There may be some higher heels in the stores, three and ofur inches, but they are not out on the streets. Thin heels, sure, one or two inch heights. And then there's me, tall girl in five inch stilettos, going to job interviews. Edmonton will never know what hit it. So long as I get a job, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently started working in a new department at work, where there are many more women, and a lot more uncarpeted flooring! There's one cute girl that I see walking around almost every day - actually, I usually HEAR her first, that terrific click-clicking of stiletto heels. She has several different pairs of stiletto sandals and slides - sometimes they are those kind that are barely hanging on to her toes...(love those). Always 2 or 3 inches (and she has small feet). So the other day I started talking to her, and she mentioned the word "shoes", so of course I could resist - I playfully mentioned how I always hear her clicking around the hallways. She laughed and said "I know - everyone tells me my shoes are too loud!" I said, "And it's a different pair every day, too." And she said, "Yeah, ALL my shoes are loud - or maybe it's the way I walk." I said, "Hey, I don't mind if you wear loud shoes." She said, "Maybe I should start wearing tennis shoes." And I said, "Naahh - you don't want to do that..." She smiled and went on her way....

"No matter what they say"

Last night I was delighted to see plain white court shoes with very high stiletto heels, not just worn by one girl, but TWO girls together with identical pairs. Sometimes when I've seen similar copy-catting in the past - one girl wears them really well and the other (presumably the copier) struggles awkwardly. However, last night both girls were doing superbly, despite Bristol's uneven pavements. A great siting! Cheerfully yours, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!

You would not believe what I saw when I was up on Mt. Washington a month ago. At the summit, there was a man that had what looked like a pair of 4" heels on. When I say at the summit, I mean at the summit. Not at the visitors center where the Cog Railway stops. I mean up at the top where you have to hoof if over the rocks and stuff. Well it really is not that far. But is really really windy. I mean windy. I mean gusts in the 50-70 mph range. So you can see what I am talking about. Mt. Washington is here in NH. It is in the White Mountains and is where most of the radio stations broadcast from, TV stations, blah blah blah.

I was waiting in the Dentist's office yesterday and a well dressed woman came in in some really nice 3 1/2" black patent heels. Of course I was trying not to look, :lol: :lol: . She took care of the paperwork and sat a few chairs down. I really couldn't see the heels too well, but she quickly moved opposite me. I was reading the paper and was able to get a few good looks in. Maybe she was trying to check out my 9-west 2" loafers, with black hose. :lol:

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

Last Friday (Aug. 8, '03), I saw a younger woman, about 20 to 25 y.o., wearing a pair of light pink, 3" spike heel pumps. I bumped into her again a few minutes later and noticed the toebox was rounded. She was pushing a baby stroller and had her bf/husband along side of her. Dan

Last Wednesday, I accompanied my wife to the Dentist. While sitting in the waiting room, a nice looking young woman entered the office, signed in at the desk and sat down in a chair opposit us. She was nicely dressed, wearing a white summer blouse, a lime green skirt and a pair of black leather pumps with 4" thin, squarish heels. My wife looked at her and said: I wonder if she's been into your shoe collection? I have a identical pair. I know that the woman head my wife's comment because she looked down at her shoes and then across at us with a puzzled look on her face. All I could think to say in response was "she has good taste." :lol:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

A good sighting/story Bubba, but a pity that it had to finish rather inconclusively from the woman's point of view. For occasions similar to this, I have been seriously thinking of getting some cards printed (credit card size) with the website of this MegaForum (and maybe Firefox's and Jenny's Forums as well) and simply handing one to the heel-wearing stranger. In your case, she could then have enjoyed discovering these forums and all the fascinating characters like you, and would then understand what your wife meant by "Your shoe collection"! Maybe other members would like to do this too(?). The bolder amongst you might like to print your own name (or your member nickname) in the corner for further identification by the surfing stranger. Probably a good way of getting new recruits - looks as though MegaForums will have 1,000 members before too long! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

It was good of WarrenB and SpikeyDan to contribute their above sightings, but it is a sad reflection of modern times that they they regarded heel heights of 3 1/2" and 3" to be noteworthy enough to report. I am not criticising them in the least - Warren and Dan were doing their best to find something exciting. No, it's a sad indictment of the lack of really SERIOUS modern heelwearers. In the previously stiletto booms of around 1960 and around 1980, high heels between 3" and 4" were so commonplace that they would hardly raise a murmer, and it was only the somewhat more special sight of a girl wearing 5" to 6" heels that attracted well-deserved attention and comment. Much as we appreciate these sightings rolling in, things have come to a pretty pass when 3" heels are the best that an enthusiastic member can find to post in about! Cheers from a less than usually cheerful Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

I enjoyed a nice sighting yesterday. I was at an opening promotion of a new supermarket near Bristol for a couple of hours - jazz band, bouncy castle, face-painting, etc. The fortune-teller's tent had a sign saying "Closed due to unforseen circumstances"! Anyway, the supermarket had employed two promotion-girls to hand-out leaflets in their car park. Both wore micro miniskirts. One wore 5" wedge heels with slingbacks and a 1/2" platform. The other wore red 5" 'Baby Doll" heels, also with a 1/2" platform. Thus both girls were continuously parading around the car park in shoes which gave them a 4 1/2" heel-lift, which together with their miniskirts and great figures was a real sight for sore eyes! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

During summer holidays, I went to the chinatown at Montréal. Me and my girlfriend walked in the sidewalk. Suddently, a taxi cab stop beside us. A nice woman wearing a white shirt, a nice black skirt and ...a nice pair of a black sandals with thin straps. I had my digital camera on, but I didn't have the chance to take a picture of her sandals. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I went to my local drinking establishment last night for one or two lemonades and was greeted with the sight on virtually the entire female population of the place in micro skirts and at least 4" needle thin stilettos! courts, sandals, mules, everything! I though I had died and gone to stiletto heaven! One girl I noticed from all of them in there was wearing a pink vest top, blue denim microskirt and patent pink 5" stiletto courts! She was walking in them very well, so she obviously wears them regularly. She even managed to negotiate a very slippery drink-covered dance floor without too many problems, although she did slip and and slide a few times! I took my metaphorical hat off to her!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday (Sunday) I dropped some friends of at the train station, and on the way back to my car I heard the sound of high heel on the marble floor! The sexy looking blonde in knee lenght skirt and high heel (app. 4") took my breath away - must admit that I followed her by car and by foot, with a "problem" in my pants! Look of the day - these don't come often in Denmark! :lol::lol::lol::cry:

"We don't stop playing because we get older - we get older because we stop playing" (with high heels - JayZee)

:lol: Went to an industrial fair here in Denmark. This is normally not the best place for women wearing HH, but one lovely lady was there in a short black mini skirt, black jacket, fishnet stockings :lol: and high heel (3½" I guess) mules! She was (off course) not Danish, but Polish! Two in one week, and not even high summer :lol: Looks like a good autum/winter! JayZee

"We don't stop playing because we get older - we get older because we stop playing" (with high heels - JayZee)

Recently, I got a meeting with a girl friend of mine that she works for me (in my company). The meeting is set in a small cafe in the downtown of Montréal. After waiting for her about 30 minutes, she arrived. I was totally in admiration! She was wearing a nice sleeve top, black pants, "cosmetic (color - like skin)" pantyhose and....aldo's pointed toes high heels with straps... Oh my god! She was an angel in my eyes :lol: Th

• 2 weeks later...

Driving down Station Road in Swindon last night on my way to work. Walking the other way, hand in hand with boyfriend/husband was a tall, slim woman in late twenties, wearing black minidress and red closed toe ankle strap sandals with 7" platform heels, the platform being between 3 and 4". Closest that I've come to vearing off the road in a long time.

dimpantyhose wrote:

Oh my god! She was an angel in my eyes

"for the want of high heels a company could be lost" :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Went out in town for the first time in months last night. The sexy stilleto boots were out in force :(:( but still plenty of gorgeous high heeled sandles :( got whiplash from all the different viewing opportunities :lol::o

As I said before I see a lot of heels at work but last week there were two sightings of particular merit. The first was a young girl (late teens early 20s) in a pair of 5" heeled black boots coming up to the low calf, these had beige soles and very skinny heels. I had to stop my truck and pretend to be talking on the phone so she'd pass me and I could have another good look! The second sighting was a pair of knee length beige boots in suede with a suede covered 4" heel which was very concave and shaped like a traditional stiletto. She seemed to be wearing them as if she'd been wearing heels all her life.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

A woman in her early-30's walked out of a eyeglasses frame shop wearing 4" to 4 1/2" spike heel black leather pumps. She also wore a black long-sleeve top and a taupe skirt, about 3" above the knee. She also stopped on a brick sidewalk and jammed her heel tip between the bricks to either adjust her heel tip or cleaned off the heel tip.