High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

I was in the grocery store this afternoon buying some drinks for a dinner. While standing in a checkout line, I observed a blonde in another line wearing those clear platform stiletto slides. :wink: She was acting very aggressively towards her suave looking companion, kissing and snuggling. Both this and her high heels got quite a few looks from other women. Didn't have time to notice whether any other men were looking or to notice what they were buying. I was trying not to stare too much! :D Watched them walk to a Ford Explorer in the parking lot.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the most amazing heels last night in a bar - an very tall pretty oriental girl was wearing them. Hard to describe: They were quite high (say 5 inches) but pin thin from top to bottom (so no gradual increase in thickness). Never see those before. Anyone else seen those? They were v.cool!

Now this was just strange. I was out today and I went past a movie theater. There are plenty of heels to look at because the area I was going through downtown but one pair caught my eye. Or should I say a shoe caught my eye. A middle aged woman had a boot cast on her right foot and a 3" inch heel on the left. Strange sight indeed.

I wish I was a size 10

This reminds me of a girl I saw getting out of a taxi to go into a nightclub one evening several years ago. The girl had a plaster cast, one on each leg, from just below the knee, right down to the toes (which were open) but her foot was inclined to the equivalent of at least a 4 inch heel in the plaster casts. She walked in using crutches.

Wow - high heeled plaster casts! It's almost worth breaking something. For UK readers, the current Viz has a high-heeled plaster casts joke along those lines in it. (Viz? I only buy it for the crossword :wink: )

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Tearing something, not breaking something -- they're used when someone has damaged their achilles tendon; the angle means the tendon doesn't have tension on it so it has a chance to heal.

Thanks for the tip, Katie. I may go skiing this year, so who knows... Jim - where did you find that photo? :wink: indeed! That looks a lot more serious than a fracture or a torn something. The only time I've ever seen anything like that was on someone who'd had a pretty major fracture and could lose his leg.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Tearing something, not breaking something -- they're used when someone has damaged their achilles tendon; the angle means the tendon doesn't have tension on it so it has a chance to heal.

Does that mean that when the cast comes off the person is trained into high heels, meaning as a consequence of the injury, they find themselves in heels untill they can get back down to flats ??

Interesting heels spotted in Sydny's Pitt St Mall today. A bit hard to describe.. Black open sandels with a 3" heel. Nothing special there. But what was interesting was that each shoe had two gold chains UNDER the sole. Each chain went from the outside edge just above where the sole touched the ground, and connected to the heel where it joins the bottom of the shoe.. So the chains ran in the gap between arch and heel. One on each side. They where slack enough to hang down a little in an upturned arch shape and obviously moved around a lot. I hope that makes sense ! Kinda different if nothing else Rog

Never seen anything quite like that before Roger.I wonder where she bought them? btw..is Raymond Castles still open in Sydney?They used to sell some wonderful shoes. jim

As this is the 'Sightings' board, just to let everyone know that this month (May 2003) several great sightings have appeared on Jenny's High Heel Forum. Mel recounts sighting a wearer of 7" stiletto Oxfords in Bristol, and a lady having difficulty getting off a coach in white 5" stilettos and then wobbling towards her with the 'Catwalk Flip' (where the wearer flips each heel dramatically inwards at the very end of each stride). Also another girl describes seeing a woman emerging from Charing Cross Station, London, struggling to walk in beige ankle boots with 5" heels that were much too high for her. She had tilted her ankles inwards so far that the heels were nearer to being horizontal than vertical! The writer says she was momentarily horrified to see how distorted those boots had become, but her boyfriend said with a blush that it was the sexiest thing he had seen for ages. Some sighters have all the luck!

Onwards and upwards!

As this is the 'Sightings' board, just to let everyone know that this month (May 2003) several great sightings have appeared on Jenny's High Heel Forum. Mel recounts sighting a wearer of 7" stiletto Oxfords in Bristol, and a lady having difficulty getting off a coach in white 5" stilettos and then wobbling towards her with the 'Catwalk Flip' (where the wearer flips each heel dramatically inwards at the very end of each stride). Also another girl describes seeing a woman emerging from Charing Cross Station, London, struggling to walk in beige ankle boots with 5" heels that were much too high for her. She had tilted her ankles inwards so far that the heels were nearer to being horizontal than vertical! The writer says she was momentarily horrified to see how distorted those boots had become, but her boyfriend said with a blush that it was the sexiest thing he had seen for ages. Some sighters have all the luck!

Onwards and upwards!

Hi guys,

Jim: I haven't seen Raymond Castles for awhile but that's not to say it isn't around. Gary Castles (I heard a rumor that they are brothers) is still in Double Bay with other stores scattered around Sydney. Gary seems to have much nicer heels than Ray'. If you are in Double Bay turn left out of GC's, two stores down is MG shoes that have fantastic stiletto shoes...but they come at a price. Here is a pair of shoes and boots that we bought from MG shoes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

High Surprise: Were they like these???

Posted Image

Geoff.

:wink::D

Geoff - thanks for sharing that wish us. FANTASTIC shoes. Very jealous! The one's I saw believe it or not were even thinner (I have never seen them before or since). Your new shoes are so gorgeous! Wow! Can you show us some close ups of the brown ones? They look stunning.

Wow Geoff! Our thanks to the lovely Jane for taking the time to model her latest for us. We sure would like to see her here and in the chat, more often. Thanks a bunch!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The metal frame is supposed to look like an Ilzarov frame. It's not actually one - it's not structural enough. The frames were invented in Russia by a chap named Ilzarov (hence their name) and consist of an external fixator structure with wires run through the bits of bones and out of the skin and bolted into the frame. (ouch!) They're used a lot in people who've had muliple fractures (because the bones can be aligned properly and held in place), and also in bone realignments and alterations: people who have their legs lengthened have these, and add a bit of length to the frame each day, so the bone heals longer... The main complication risk is infection through the wire holes, and they need disinfecting several times a day. And people don't wear heels with them. However dedicated they are. For one thing, and trust me on this[1], heels don't work with crutches. Quite apart from having to keep fiddling with the length of the crutches, most shoes aren't up to having all your weight on one of them. Even low block heels will bend enough under that impact that the metal mounting bits will dig in the bottom of your foot... [1] Long story. Short version: broken knee 2 years ago that has repeatedly failed to heal properly. Long periods of time on crutches have resulted.

Geoff, those are awesome! I love all three pairs, but I'm rather drawn to the pink pair with the jeans. Very nice!

was watching some tv program last nite called "dog eat dog". the hostess had on a short mini skirt and the most wonderful :wink: looking stiletto boots. just below the knee with a western style top and the heels had to be 5" at least. she did a very good job walking in them. :D:o

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

I watched the same show and was also impressed with the way the young hostess managed her stiletto heel boots. Not enough "shots" of them to please me, though :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yes! Usually frustrating trying to view TV presenters' and actresses' high heels. Have you noticed how just after you get the first tantalising glimpse of them, either the cameraman zooms in and the shoes go out-of-shot, or on chat shows there is always so silly little coffee table or other obstruction obscuring the shoes, or sometimes are little breakfast TV clock or other corner-of-screen logo! In the UK virtually ALL of the actresses in the soap 'East Enders' vie with each other re appearing in the most KNOCKOUT of high heels, but again you get the briefest of frustrating glimpses of these (if you're lucky) before the cameraman makes sure you don't see ANYTHING of anyone's shoes! Heelsfan.

Onwards and upwards!

Well, maybe they do genuinely like them. I've just noticed that Lisa Riley seems to wear heels under trousers whenever she does that camcorder out-take show (whatever it's called), but they normally don't show up much. You get a glimpse if she's sitting down, but that's about it. Mind you, don't know if anyone else has noticed, but you never *see* her move on the show. The shot cuts away from the studio, shows some clips, then cuts back - and she's moved. I wonder if the stage hands shift her with a forklift between shots.