High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pair of black oxfords with a four inch post heel have been sighted on my bedroom floor. Rumours indictae that I wore them to work today, but nothing has been confirmed :smile: In the real world? A very nice pair of boots with a thin three inch heel was worn by someone who works for another company. Knee high, a bit of a patent, I would think. Where do I purchase mine? Laurie

I went to London on the train yesterday and a very attractive woman in her 20's was wearing those 41/2" stilleto boots from Faith, with the really thin heels, sat opposite me. Of course she noted my 4" boots immediately and I got a wry smile out of her. Anyway, she treated me to a good display of heel rocking and foot twiddling to which I responded in kind though, somewhat more surepticiously :smile:

Sighting! Well, not on anyone's feet, in a store! A nice black pointed toe pimp (corut, whatever) with about a four inch stiletto heel and an ankle strap. Very nice. New inventory, not subject to after Christmas sale, price, Canadian $110.00. Darn. I may go back next week, but for this week, it was either buy a pair of shoes, or eat for seven days. Yes, I made the moral choice and bought groceries. Hey, I share the apartment, I must put in my part of things. Everyone weep and tell me that I could live on water only for a week. I'll go back, and hopefully they will have it in a size that will fit. It's tricky though, that pointed toe might mean I need a larger size. I hope not! In general, there are a few nice high styles out there. Not as many as kitten heels, it seems. There are a lot of mid heels with wonderful designs that would go with any of my outfits for work. My whole point was to try and "go up" of course, so that is what I will try. Keep an eye out, though, fashions seem to be more varied in some stores, and you might find a bargain. Oh, this is also #25 for me! *wiggle* Laurie

Today as I was driving along, I saw a woman crossing the street. She had on a pair of black patent stilettos, with very pointy toes. I could not get the heel height, I was moving along and she was wearing pants. Probably four inches. I must admit, wearing a pair of three inch slingbacks (and in cold weather!) I was quite jealous of her. I am developing a very strange need to be the premiere high heel woman of this city, but at almost one million people, is that possible? And is the jealousy about attention, or about a lack of ownership of that particular pair of shoes? One thing is for sure, my eyes are great and I will be a few years before I need glasses.

I live in a city of just under 4 million and would love to have the title of premier HH woman. It's just impossible, but I can say would have to be in the top 1%, there's not many of us out there who always wear 4 inch and above everyday! PS: saw a couple of people with 4" - 5" heels (mule style) today, its summer here. Inga

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

It's actually not that hot here either, you can probably get an idea of what its like via the news services or sports channels, a certain large tennis tournament (Aus Open -Grand Slam event) is currently on. So if you catch a glimpse when the sun shines its probably 25 degrees c and above, when not probably below (25c). Seeya, anyhow I myself prefer it when its a bit cooler, you have more options with your clothes. Inga

Not so much a sighting but more a heely dialogue between me and one of our clients. She's an officer for a local authority and we're doing consultancy work for them. Anyway, she wears boots and I know it, and I wear boots and she knows it. The last couple of meetings she's worn New look boots with a trouser suit and 3 3/4" "bent angle in middle" thinnish type heels while I've been wearing 3" pointy cowboys and 4" blades. Today we met in the office and on site. She was wearing a skirt suit with opaque tights and just below the knee boots with (slightly disappionting) 2 3/4" thinnish blade heels from Barrats , while I had my 3 3/4" blocks. I was wearing black trousers, dark grey jacket, black loose turtle neck top ( I don't wear ties generally, they are shit) Well, the funny thing is, I'm always hanging on for what she'll be wearing and she's always looking at my boots because I know she's got a thing for them. However, I doubt she realises I can place the exact store and model of most of her stuff :smile:

Saw several in wedgies, some 4". I'm not a fan of wedges, however one pair did have thin heel and when viewed from the rear looked OK. Oh and me 4½ blades. Inga :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-01-24 10:26 ]</font>

G'day, Went to watch Safin kick that old Sampras back to the US on Monday night in Melbourne. I was having quite a boring night (heel wise) when all of a sudden Safin's Girlfriend walked down the stairs to the players box which was about 4 rows infront! She was wearing 5 inch very thin heeled, red mules with a denim skirt and denim jacket. Oh how sweet it is!! :smile:

I forgot to mention (these comfy loafers were putting me to sleep) that if Inga is Melbourne's #1, my wife would have to be Sydney's best! Always 4 to 5 inches to work....super stuff that! Your right Inga, Zomp have some great shoes. My wife has bought a few great pairs from there, especially two pair of stilts with a super thin heel (basically a piece of metal 6mm thick). Sound kinda weird but they a fantastic! Take it easy! :smile:

Hello, here around in germany something like - I would call it sculptured blade heel - is becoming quite popular, the heel height is reaching about 3 1/2" without plat - just yesterday I have seen those styles several times! best wishes Joak :smile: PS: Only one more posting and I'll be rid of this "comfy loafer" B)

Ahem Geoff (Aus), <quote> I forgot to mention (these comfy loafers were putting me to sleep) that if Inga is Melbourne's #1, my wife would have to be Sydney's best! </quote> I also seem to remember a certain Jane from Sydney - might be a more interesting contest for that title than you seem to think :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tom-NL on 2002-01-25 14:08 ]</font>

Plenty of heels on girls around here, but i'm the only guy who seems to wear any! Can't think why .....

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

Geoff, You wrote: "Your right Inga, Zomp have some great shoes. My wife has bought a few great pairs from there, especially two pair of stilts with a super thin heel (basically a piece of metal 6mm thick). Sound kinda weird but they a fantastic!" There not "cesare catani' pumps, I have a couple of pairs, infact once I slipped on a step and guess what, didn't fall over, no just bent the heel, well actually snapped it. Went home in bare feet that night. If they are "cesare catani's" I will say they are an attractive shoe, explains why I have two pairs. Inga:)

While in my local B&Q superstore (a UK diy outlet) I saw a man pushing a lady in a wheelchair. She looked about 35 or so, smartly dressed in a cream-coloured jacket, and wearing a pair of black patent mid-calf boots with at least a 4" heel. I have no idea whether the lady's plight was temporary or permanent, but the boots did look in mint condition, as though they had hardly ever touched the ground. How nice it was to see her individuality showing through, despite her predicament.

For the first time today I saw two fellows and a girl, all wearing heels, platforms actually. The fellows had on higher ones than the girl.It was at the Tri-County Mall here in consertive SW Ohio. They were lurking outside the Payless (where else). One fellow did look a little like a deer caught in the head lights, but they both looked good. Fellows, if your reading this, you looked good, normal in fact. I was in flats as I had just gotten off a four mile forced march, but had been in 4"ers all morning at a breakfast meeting. Maybe this thing is about to break lose.

I know you might be desperate for this to break loose, but some of us are not. It's a difficult thing to explain. Maybe, sometimes, women like something to be for themselves, to set their identity apart. I have a feeling that if ev'rything all feminine and frilly were worn by men time and again it would not seem so silly but when silly is gone and it's no longer wrong will it still be as appealing? My point - Is it the thrill of wearing something ascribed to another gender that is part of the cause? They can make manly platform footwear and it would be accepted. SO is there a difference? Look deep inside. If one of the reasons for wearing heels is the thrill of the forbidden, then why would you wish things to break loose? For me, I like the fact that women do wear heels. It is a way for us to be more feminine, to flaunt our attributes. If men wear them, does the same thing happen? Or does it just take away the mystique that women can generate in a pair of heels? Do you take your car for granted? 100 years ago, it would have been the strangest luxury around, and everyone would have wondered and maybe some would have wanted one. Times change. Be careful with that, as they may change to take away what you really like about your interests in things you feel are socially acceptable. Laurie

Sighting! Boots, I think, with a slender three inch heel. The woman wearing them did not know how to walk in them. She didn't glide, she just moved from place to place, toes pointed outwards, arms swinging at an awkward angle... I think she was another fashion victim, in that she bought into the trend. Boots with heels. As I strut my thing in a pair of heels, I know I look good. I check for it. I work on it. It has to be about more than the fact that the shoes or boots have a heel. It should be about wearing something and using it to enhance your personality and actions as much as create a "look" that meets with the Fashion Daemon's latest trend. Of course, I would slay that Daemon in the name of originality, but so many others nourish it with a devotion to things they do not understand. So I am sighting trendy things, and trendy is bad. Live for yourself, not what Cosmopolitain suggests because this is what will get you a man and allow you to have the best orgasm ever. It is a funny magazine to read when looking at some of the letters about people who have been bad... Laurie

A pair of distasterous wedges at the market, I don't know why they caught my eye, may'be it was they looked a bit strange like someone wearing or trying to wear hay bailes for shoes. Oh and of course my shoes 40 pairs 4 inch and upward, somehow I see them everyday, funny that. Inga

TI X TI, yeah have a pair of boots from this stable, 4½ inch ultra thin heel pointed toe and patterned leather, mine are black and they also came in red. I purchased them from Zomp. Inga

Geoff,

The Jane I am referring to. is the one who has a gallery on Jenny's website - take a look at

http://193.251.60.36/Jenny/jane/jane.htm

She is the same one that Debbie is talking about in this message

(and I remember a different name for that Jane's husband)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tom-NL on 2002-01-27 13:47 ]</font>

Reply to Lauieheels, above. While in general agreement, I do have the following comments. I remember a piece in John T. Malloy’s “Dress for Success” column, back in the 80’s, where a reader wrote something like this. “I’m glad men’s fashions have become conservative again after the excesses of the late 60’s and early 70’s. Just look at the British, how conservative they were and what a great empire they built”. Malloy wrote back; “You are absolutely wrong! The men who built the great European empires, the French, Dutch and English wore wigs, lace and high heels”. In fact in the very shopping center I saw the fellows I saw two porcelain figurines of a boy and girl dressed in 18th century attire. The boy was wearing a wig, laced shirt and heeled pumps. Now I don’t want wigs or lace, all I want is to be able to go into any boot store and buy a pair of heeled cowboy boots like I could in the 70’s. Today everything has to be custom made, unless you can wear a women’s size.

A quick aside to Laurie. The reason I wear heels personally is not for any thrill of doing something "forbidden". It's because I'm interested in shoes, and I like to make the most of the different fashion possibilites. If I can help other guys realise their true fashion identity too, I don't think that detracts from the mystique of women wearing heels; it just adds to the variety of the world we live in. Conversely, no one ever said that women starting to wear trousers and business suits reduced the image of men in the corporate world. It was just seen as greater freedom of choice for all. Anyway, back on topic, high heel sightings during the UK Heel weekend. These were generally very poor owing to the attrocious weather conditions. Most women seemed to opt for practical footwear in the driving rain and wind we experienced. I did see many nice pairs of boots under jeans in London, but the current fashion seems to be towards these very flared jeans, and very low ones too. These often scraped the ground, soaking up the rain. I'm hoping this fashion for these strange trousers will end soon, so we can see a bit more of the heels :smile: I'm going to London again tomorrow, so I'll try and report on any interesting sightings. I hope the weather is better! _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-01-28 01:50 ]</font>

Today I`ve seen young girl 22 in fact , she was dreesed all black - leather jacket,pants with white stripes (vertical) and those pants were covering only about 2 cm of 10-12 cm thin stilletto heel( pattent boots )But unfortunetly this nice looking girl didn`t know how to walk in them smoothly Poor babe :smile:)