High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole point is that you have to smuggle the items in. The door staff are quite obliged to confiscate anything they can see, even if it's a bulge under a cloak. If you can get it in without being seen then it's allowable. BTW an 11 minute reply! That's almost a chatroom!!!! :lol:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I was hoping with the mild winter we are experiencing, there would be more high heels sightings. Unfortunately, that has not been true. However, just two days ago, as I sat in the aisle seat on a commuter train, I could hear the click click click of stiletto heels approaching from the rear. As the lady walked past me, it was refreshing to see bare nylon-covered legs and 4" stiletto heel court shoes on her. I leaned outward to lengthen my view and nearly got clobered by the person walking behind her.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I see quite a lot of heels on a regular basis. I go through the city centre every day to get to college, and I see quite a lot of people wearing heels. Mostly 2-4 inch block/blade, with occasional stilettos. I've seen a few nice pairs of knee length boots worn with skirts, but unfortunately the heels were wimpishly low. Cmon girls! Get wearing something higher! I was on the media team (I can explain it if you want!) last night at church, and one of my fellow team members was wearing a gorgeous pair of shoes. They were black courts (I think - her trousers were too long!), with a round toe and a flower on the side of the toe for decoration, and a stiletto type heel, about 4 in. It wasn't quite stiletto, but it narrowed to a point about 0.5-1.0cm in diameter. They were gorgeous, it's just a shame I couldn't get a proper look at them. :( Very nice nonetheless... And she was managing to climb up and down dark terraces very well indeed, with cables all over the place, I was very impressed indeed :lol: SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I was shopping earlier today in my local Tesco (supermarket chain) and noticed a couple near by. The man was a rather large chap and did not appear to be wearing anything out of the ordinary, if not a little dated. His partner though was a different kettle of fish. I was first drawn to the long balck leather over coat that went to mid calf and the red tinted streak of black shoulder length hair. At closer inspection was wearing a pair of possibly 4inch black patent leather/gloss courts that had a small patch of suede across the toe. even though these may have been (only) 4inches, she must have had quite small feet as the angle of her foot seemed quite pronounced :lol: and a very nicely shaped heel at that. Under the coat she appeared to be wearing a red leather top with the zip undone, I tried to see what it was exactly and what sort of skirt etc she had on but alas the over coat ws done right up. It all led me to fantasise about her being dressed up in a full dominatrix "fetish" outfit. :( I was also able to catch a glimpse of her face which appeared to be heavily adorned with piercings but also made me think it was possibly a male, just by the appearant stature and build. I suppose I really should have gone and said hello to find a little bit about her but.......well I didn`t, oh well.

I must be blessed with good neighbours in my street. Two nights ago, the woman from across the road called in wearing a pair of 3.5" stiletto ankle boots under long jeans. Now I've just looked out of the window at one of the 16 year old daughters of another neighbour, wearing a creme coloured jacket and mini-skirt with brown knee length 4" high leather boots, looking particurly stunning.

Ahh yes! My brother has the phone. It's rather nice, but you'll have to email the pics to yourself, which could be expensive! For some daft reason, you can't transfer pictures over a serial/USB link to the computer. Silly Panasonic... I look forward to seeing the results! :lol: SH

In January, last year:

While in my local B&Q superstore (a UK diy outlet) I saw a man pushing a lady in a wheelchair. She looked about 35 or so, smartly dressed in a cream-coloured jacket, and wearing a pair of black patent mid-calf boots with at least a 4" heel.

Coincidence? What do you think?

SH, get your brother to look at the Panasonic Mobile web site. They do a charge/data cable for it. If he hunts around on there (can't manage to find it now I'm at home, but I found it at work) he can order it direct from them for £38.

I'm going down the other route and getting a Belkin USB to Infrared Smartbeam thingy cause I can't be arsed with serial cables :lol:

Several times while visiting my mother-in-law who lives in a seniors residence, I saw another resident wearing very smart shoes with 5" heels. On several occasions they were classic beige pumps with a 5" stiletto heel and pointed toe, and other times I saw her wearing strappy black sandals with a 5" stiletto heel. I would guess her age at around 80. She carried a cane, but she walked very confidently in her heels, no doubt from a lifetime of practice.

I was on the bus coming home this afternoon, and a lady got on with her 3 year old son (I'm guestimating..), and she was wearing knee high pull on camel boots, with a block 3in heel, and a black leather mini skirt! What a fantastic outfit. What was nicer was when she got onto the upper deck and walked around to find her seat! I could tell exactly where she was because of the heels! :lol: SH

Again, another experience on the bus today... I was sitting right at the back in the middle with my friend next to me, and two girls a couple of years younger than me got on. They were both dressed in pink zip up top and flared jeans, one was wearing trainers, and the other, who had really nice dark blonde hair (and a rather nice backside too, I might add!), was wearing a pair of 4in+ block heel black shoes, with a small 1/4 - 1/2in platform, with square-ish toes. Unfortunately I never got to see the whole shoe, because her jeans were too long! When she sat down, I could see that they were courts or Mary Janes, or ankle strap (although I suspect 1 of the 2 former), but they were absolutely gorgeous, and I'm gutted that I didn't get to see the whole shoe. It's such a shame she was so pretentious though. (I could tell from the entire [loud, I might add] conversation she was having with her friend, and then when her dad called her and she spoke to him very differently). *sigh* She'll snap out of it eventually, as long as she keeps wearing the heels then that's ok! :lol: SH

Whilst out this afternoon I caught site of a lady getting out a pretty impresive car with an absolutely beautiful pair of suede boots with at least a 4 n a half inch heel. brown calf skin coat to match. I was amazed that she could drive in them as I struggle with anything higher than three and a half. For the first time I had to ask someonr where she got them. Answer.....Milan! Oh well Suzy

Love seeketh not itself to please,

Nor for itself hath any care;

But for another gives its ease,

And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

Always a lot of great high heel sightings here in the Los Angeles area - that's one of the great things about living here. There are a couple that are permanently burned in my memory... One time last year I was at a movie theater, and I saw a woman walking out of the theater wearing super-high red platform shoes, similar to this:

http://www.pierresilber.com/wishes.html

I was afraid to get caught staring, but I couldn't help myself!

The other one was at a Rush concert at the Staples Center in LA last September. A really good-looking blonde woman wearing a very tight black skirt, and red 6-7" pumps like these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

That was f***ing amazing! I couldn't believe how well she was walking in them. And I couldn't believe how ordinary-looking the guy was that she was with!! He must have hired her to go to the concert with him. And I couldn't help thinking, the concert is going to be about 3 hours, and pretty much everybody stands... I just imagined her standing in those things for the entire concert... wow!!

I need to start carrying a camera with me.

"No matter what they say"

We've got a new secretary started at our office. Yesterday she was in 3" stiletto shoes. Today she was in black ankle boots that had what looked like 4" heels :( I wouldn't normally get to see her but the photocopier downstairs was broken and she was upstairs using our one. Hopefully I wasn't too obvious catching the odd glimpse when I could, but you never know who's watching who in an open plan office :lol:

It's nice to see working women in high heels. I see so many women in skirts, stockings/tights (or hose if you're not British!), and wearing courts/pumps with a 2in heel or less... it's just plain depressing and boring! SH

We are spoilt in England. There's always lots of women wearing 4 inch heels, not often out and out stilettos, but there certainly are some stilelttos with all manner of styles in addition; blocks blades, thinner and chunkier ones. They always seem to look quite high, especially when worn with trousers which just hide the top third of the heel. It must be frustrating to live in a cold place like Calgary where you can't wear what you want for much of the year because of the weather.

.... They always seem to look quite high, especially when worn with trousers which just hide the top third of the heel....

Well if you have to be covered up, then this is the way to do it. I love wearing my jeans in a similar manner.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

It is frustrating, especially with weather than does not follow a normal pattern. So how can I be spotted if I can't dress for the season? After all, in Alberta, it has snowed in every month of the year. I've seen it. But then, Christmas Day can be +25 C and I'll be outside in short sleeves and a short skirt. So we suffer through the bad to experience the amazing every now and again. I hope the weather is nicer by next week, so I can wear a skirt again. And maybe the snow can start melting and I can find myself in five inch stilettos, or higher. Provided my body is behaving.

Just got back from a weekend in Hull. A group of us went out Saturday night and I don't think I've ever seen so many 4"+ heels at any one time in my life. It was stilettos everywhere :D I did try to get a few pictures with my camera phone but because of the light and my drunken state not one of them came out :( There were loads of styles on show, sandles, boots, even the classic pump style - which I love! I even saw one woman wearing the same style boots that Sophie Ellis Bextor wore in the video of Murder on the Dance Floor :wink: Heaven is a place on earth and for a high heel admirer, that place is Hull :D

>> I even saw one woman wearing the same style boots that Sophie Ellis Bextor wore in the video of Murder on the Dance Floor <<

I'm not familiar with what those boots look like. Has anyone got an image.

This [search] didn't turn up any obvious images either.

This [search] looks more promising, but I'm still looking.