High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

Time to pad my numbers :smile: . This is a sighting when I was in the big city of Portland, Oregon last week (May 1-2, 2002). I was leaving the camera shop in downtown Portland, when I saw a woman weaing a pair of stiletto pumps. She was a black woman, in her 30's, wearing a pair of lavender/purple-ish pumps, around 4" high. She got on the bus before I could get my camera ready to take a picture :smile: . I'll have to be quicker next time.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another quick sighting, I was on Portland's light rail trains and at one of the stops, there was a black woman, late 20's to 30's, wearing a pair of white 4" stiletto pumps with black pants, red blouse and black jacket. She did not get on my train :smile: . Oh well.

today at school there was one girl that was wearing short skirt with knee high black boots with 3.5inch heel and maybe 3/4inch plat, and another also wearing shirt skirt with black knee high platform boots, maybe 5inch heel with 1inch plat

Work is showing some three and four inch thinner heels. A few stilettos, but no one is matching my height. I have seen a pair of three inch stiletto boots, some four inch stiletto pumps under pants, and a few pairs of strappy sandals around three inches with blade heels. I continue to be reiging high heeled goddess at work, but the fashion trends have some heels this season. Of course, they all make more money or manage to have more of their money to spend on shoes. For me, life never is that kind.

Saw a tall woman in Coventry TK Maxx last night wearing a nice pair of peep toe slingbacks. Height was about 4" or maybe higher, with a flared heel. Very nice..... (both shoes and wearer!)

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I was in Paris for the long weekend. Of course showing off my heels in the fashion capitol of the world. We also went to the opera on saturday and i was amazed to see so many girls on very high stiletto heels. European girls usually wore very high slingbacks or pumps, with heels up to 5,5 inch, a very fashionable and probably rich french girl with tan colored lace up slingbacks with a wooden 5 inch declining stiletto heels. I loved those shoes. The asian girls all wore slides and sandals. Me i was wearing my 5 inch black zanotti sandals and didn't stand out. Most asian girls there were wearing at least 4 inch heels. The french girl next to me wore shiny 4,5 inch i think stiletto pumps, but i thought her outfit didn't match the shoes. (or vice versa, but the shoes were nice) and behind me was a girl in 3,5 inch slides. So the Paris Opera (Garnier) a great place for heel sightings. PS the ballet was very nice, i looked very carefully how the dancers stood on point. I'll need to start practicing my ballet heels as well. I have had them for some weeks, but didn't have the nerve to start training to wear them. (allthough they feel more comfortable than 5 inch heels when you're sitting or laying down)

I agree with you the they are more comfortable than 5" when you're not putting any weight on your feet, but try to start training, then you join in and add to the other thread along with me :smile:

Well last week I saw a pair of black pat 4" open toe sling backs. To day I saw a pair of black 4" blade pumps with a square toe. I am bumming bad, I see lots of women at work no stilettos. :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• 2 weeks later...

I noted a young girl (I guess around sixteen) the other day while driving my car through the centre of Eindhoven. She was wearing very nice tan boots with a very thin blade heel about 4,5" high (I think they where Bronx boots). Don't see that height much on young girls around here.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

today when i was getting my G1 (first part of drivers license) a VERY hot girl walked into the office, was prolly 17 or so wearing short skirt and black knee high wedge heel boots with about 3/4inch platform and 4inch heel...VERY nice...exactly what id like for myself! :smile:

Look! What's that up there??? **SHWOOP! SHWOOP!** (Terayon runs away, boots in hand) Not that I would ever accuse anyone here of doing something like that, but you gotta love the humor of the idea :smile:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Today I saw four inch thin heeled boots, four inch stilettos, and three inch classy slingbacks. I was wearing five and a quarter inch stilettos, and a long skirt, not pants, so people could see. But there seems to be a bit of a trend forming.

I witnessed a great sighting this afternoon (May 31, 2002). I was walking out of the Mall in downtown Salem, when I noticed two women (yes Jim, Two) getting ready to jaywalk across the street. Both women were in their late 20's, maybe even early 30's. The first woman was wearing a pair of black, below-the-knee length boots with a 4+" stiletto heel. she was also wearing a double slitted calf length black skirt with black nylons (Sorry Deb). She also had on a black long sleeve blouse-like top. The second woman was wearing black pumps/courts with a 5" stiletto heel and elongated toe box. She had on grayish silver pants (Sorry again Deb) and a black button-up blouse. They crossed the street to get to the parking garage across the mall. great sighting, but sorry to say I did not have my camera on me. I deserve general ridicule for that one. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spikey Dan on 2002-06-01 06:56 ]</font>

Had to go to a confence yesterday, two great sighting, one colleague was wearing navy 4in ankle strapped courts with very pointed toes and she was in competion with another in black, really thin heeled classic black courts. Nearly outshone me, however I think I was more sophistated as neither were wearing hose, both were bare legged while I was in my best shiny tanned stockings.

Saturday night , wedding party of a friend of mine... Not so many nice heels, but 3 pairs of nice stilettos : navy pumps 4.5", black patent sandals 3.5", navy pumps 5" golden heel, replaced in the evening by navy slingbacks 4" (my wife... :smile: )

My route has recently been changed to SE London and so I see an enormous number of heels. Saw a pair of tan boots with high skinny heels around 4.5" today along with around a dozen 4"+ heels of all shapes.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I saw a beautiful pair of VERY thin heels, black leather boots (my guess is knee highs but the girl was wearing trousers so it's hard to tell. the heels were easily 5 inches. I wanted to knock-out the girl, grab her boots and disappear! :smile: The heels were so thin!!!

I saw something interesting last weekend. A woman was wearing what looked to be three inch blade heels. When she was walking closer to the car as we waited for the light to change, I noticed that they were actually wedge sandals! The very back parts was black and indeed a blade heel, but it was then filled in with a wedge. Sneaky! Of course I saw some wonderful four inch stiletto slingbacks on a woman walking into the building today. Yes, I was wearing 5 1/4 inch heels, but hers looked like some fancy designer brand. I wish I was paid like she was, whoever she was.

Heels appear when and where you least expect them. I arranged to meet a prospective client at a local Chinese restaurant yesterday. I arrived a few minutes early and was sitting in the lobby waiting for my guests, when two attractive and nicely dressed ladies walked through the door and were greeted by the hostess. The first lady wore a pretty blue dress and a pair of white leather mules with 4" wedge heels. Her toenails were polished bright red and she had a bracelet on her right ankle. She looked very nice. The second woman, wearing a gold blouse and a black skirt, was wearing a very nice looking pair of black suede pumps with little bows attached on the back of the higher than 4" heels. I watched closely as they walked down the hall into the dining room, chitchatting amicably, moving with elegance and grace. The white mules weren't very interesting. This style of mules is very popular this season. Every woman in our city must have at least one identical pair in their closet. My wife has two or there pair in different colors. The black suede shoes, worn by the younger women, were a different story. They had slender heels, gracefully pointed toes and were rather high cut across the vamp. The sides of the shoes were slightly sculpured towards the back. The small bows, fastened on the back of the heel cup, were attractive and "attention getting." The hostess showed us to a our table which happened to be adjacent to theirs. I had an unobstructed view of both of them throughout the course of our meal and conversation. Several times, these ladies returned to the buffet for additional servings. It was an unexpected pleasure to have these two fashionably dressed ladies present in our midst, brightening up our afternoon and making our dining experience much more pleasant.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 weeks later...

While buying lunch yesterday at a local market in downtown Chicago, I saw three ladies wearing very nice heels. All must have been from the same office, and I wish I worked there! The first was a pair of blade like slides with two bands with small buckles, with a slight blade like heel of about four inches. The next was an absolutely stunning shoes with 4" spike heels, closed pointed toe, and criss-cross straps across the instep with a sling back, and they even shoed some toe cleavage. Wow. Finally, a bit lower heel (3") sandal with halter back and a multi-strand toe strap, with a shaped, slightly thicker but by no means chunky heel...these were quite sexy on this lady's lovely foot. All three ladies were probably in their 30's I would guess, and attractive. This was the best group of heels I've seen in years in Chicago.