High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to go to the police station the other day and I noticed one older lady detective wearing really nice shoes. Since she was short herself - about 5 foot 2 inches - she was wearing really high black chunky sandals - they were around 5 inch with 2 inch platform. She was around 55-60 years old, but she knew how to wear them - I looked like she had worn heels all her life.

Something like this:

http://ac-leather-lingerie.com/shop/cartpix/shoe1.jpg

I couldn't keep my eyes off them...

This reminds me... in one episode of the TV soap "Bold and beautiful" one lady lawyer wore very sexy pumps in the court... that was 5 yrs ago, but I still remember it clearly...

http://eleveneast.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/th_02-I.jpg

HH forever!

• 1 month later...

A memorable sighting today. (Aug 15, 2002), while I was at the local shopping mall. A girl, about 13 to 15 years old, was wearing a pair of light brown (possibly tan) knee high boots with a 4" stiletto wood grain heel. She had on a sheer purple, short flirty skirt, black tank top and a blue jean jacket. Not fashionably appealing for some folks. While the young girl was sashaying while she was walking, she appeared to be very graceful walking in them. The young girl seems to be more graceful walking in spike heels than my 24 year old friend that is aspiring to be a model. This should also go under the argument of kids and heels also. Dan

I just got back from a trip to the mall. As I was getting into my car to leave, I saw a young woman, probably 18 or 19 years old, walk by. The first thing I noticed was her gait. She appeared to have a little difficulty walking. When I saw her shoes, I knew why. She had on a pair of totally clear wedgies in a mule style with 6 inch heels and a 1 inch platform. No one could have missed these shoes. They were totally on display because she had on a denim miniskirt. Needless to say, she had my undivided attention. I locked my car up and followed her back into the mall. It turns out she works at the Hallmark store in the mall. I pretended to look for cards just so I could admire her feet and shoes. I'll be visiting that Hallmark again.

Once when I was making a delivery, one visitor to the apartment complex was walking out across the lawn wearing almost the same style, clear with a platform but with spike heels. She had even more difficulty walking across turf and almost snapped her ankle.

I approached some lights in Regent Street when a group of three ladies were waiting. I first noticed the shortest of the three because despite the fact that her feet were pointing toward me, I could tell she was wearing worthwhile heels and praise the lord, the lights changed and they were able to cross. The lady's heels were very high heeled about 4.5" but on her feet looked like 6". Her friends were wearing sandles of 3.5-4" heel which were also worth looking at!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 4 weeks later...

Last Wednesday (Sept. 4 2002) There is a once a month festival here in downtown Salem. Artists, dancers, and performers perform on the sidewalks in front of the businesses. This one art gallery had a female artist painting and sketching in front of this store. She was around 30-40. She had on 4" black sandals with a spike heel. Here is the pic:

Posted Image

There a second sighting that same day. A woman wearing 5" stiletto heels boots with a very pointed toe. She was standing in front of a Starbucks. No pic of that one. :smile:

Hope you all enjoy.

Dan

As I was leaving the hospital this afternoon, I noticed a nicely dressed woman walking toward the parking lot. She was wearing a black two-piece suite -- a short tailored skirt and matching jacket. Nude, or flesh colored, hose and a pair of fashionable black pumps with 4” blade heels and pointed toes, squared off at the tips. She was clipping right along, striding swiftly and confidently with her pocketbook on her shoulder and briefcase in her right hand. The quintessential career woman. The only thing that marred this magic image was that each time she lifted her right foot at the end of a stride, you could see the price tag on the bottom of her shoe.. Oh, well. Like Laurie says, “can’t have everything :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have no problems spotting heels. I have a family live across the road, with a 16 year old daughter who has been wearing heels to school for the past four years. These have ranged for high wedges to blade courts which she wore today and 4" stiletto knee length boots. Her mother and her have the same foot size, so she is very often wearing stiletto boots as well, and I have seen the daughter in her 5" mules as well. Most impressive, though, is her friend who lives a few doors away. She has also been wearing 4" stiletto ankle boots for weeks, and doesn't bother changing them when she gets home. Monday night, I saw her going to school in them and 8.30 and she was till in them at 10 that night. It's great because they all take the same size, so they swap shoes and boots all the time. You never know who's going to wear what, especially if they're out in the nights.

Can't have everything, and can't have the things we want the most... While driving (wearing five inch black patent stiletto pumps) I saw a woman who could one day be my rival here! Black pumps, four and a half inch heel or so, BUT chunky, not stiletto. More of a conical shape, narrow at the top then wider at the bottom. She was thin, of course, not curvy like me, and thin is in. She was a blonde as well. I think my hourglass is much nicer to hold onto though than her spear of a body would be. :smile: to her!

Another great sighting yesterday (Sept 11, 2002). I was at the local mall when I heard that distinct clicking sound. A woman, in her 40's, wearing the classic black stiletto heel pumps (courts) with a 4" heel. She was wearing a black business suit with multi-colored trim. She was with her significant other. A very nice sighting. :smile: Dan

• 2 weeks later...

The place is work. The sights are obvious. Since Autumn is arriving, I am seeing more heels at work. Yes, the boots are back, and that trend from last winter is here. A good many three inch bladed boots, and some tapered blades, maybe we can call them rapiers or something. Of course, I have my stiletto ankle boots, I think they look much nicer. But thinner heels, higher heels, and pointier toes are springing up a bit more. I have the reputation, obviously, and the other girls are coming out to compete. Not that they can win any fight with me for that title. :smile:

When I went to Portland last Thursday to pick supplies for my new digital camera (Sept 19, 2002), I seen a decent number of spike heel sightings. Here is an image that I took:

Posted Image

Unfortunately the is the best view since she wore jeans over the shoes. I was sitting only 5 feet away from her and I did not think she noticed me photographing her. (Ahhh! Silent digital cameras)

Here's Another:

Posted Image

I know a lower heel (around 2"), but it was definately a spike heel pump.

One more:

Posted Image

This young woman was only 3 feet in front of me! I know the shoes is not a true spike/stiletto, but the closeness of the subject, and the fact she was dressed really nice with a pair of heels got my attention. Also more amazing was she did not notice me or catch me photographing her.

All photographs was taken at Pioneer Courthouse Square in downtown Portland. It is a public park, or gathering area for a better term. It is the place to see and be seen. All photos was taken with a Canon Powershot A20 digital camera, my old digi camera. Not the new one I recently recieved.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

At pleasant function last night, standing comfortably in my heels when I felt the floor give a little. The lady I was talking, after I explained I was wearing high heels said now to worry, a few marks won't hurt these old floors, part of their character, showed my her nice white stilletos, about 3 inch, largely concealed by matching trousers. Only about two women with interesting heels.

• 2 weeks later...

Today on campus, a lady in a nice black business suit and skirt had on 3" or 3.5" black stilettos with a slightly long pointed toe.

WOW.

Quite a few other sightings, lots of slightly thick blade heels on boots these days... I'm actually surprised to see so many boots, as it's still summer here in Southern California... also, the cork platform wedge has mostly disappeared. I'm not complaining, although I did like them, as boots this season should be darned good looking!

As usual, car shows still have plenty of footwear, too. (this particular show was about the cars, I don't know why this girl got all dressed up...)

http://www.mossyperformance.com/pages/Oct05%20051.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Brian mentioned stores, so I should comment. The boots are out, and wow, some nice ones, and stiletto heels are back, it seems. Three inch heels from the looks of it. Every store has one or two styles with a stiletto, in addition to a few sculpted styles and the thicker heels. So variety seems to be in, and maybe I can get something for winter walking that still looks stylish. It all depends on how good I would look getting out of that Mustang, I guess. :smile: Boots would do it, certainly.

• 3 weeks later...

Two great sightings this week, first was a lady about late 20s in these fanastic peep toe pink courts with 5in black thin heels, she was dressed in a black A line skirt with white lace trim on the bottom and pink top all topped off with a gold ankle chain and sheer stockings, as the skirt was a think material I could see the bumps of the suspenders. Second sights a more mature lady in a black leather skirt suit and black 4in classic courts with the shinnest sheer hoisery I have ever seen. Love Vicki XX

Unfortunately for me, high heel sightings in recent times has been disappointing because they are so few and far in between. However, my most memorable sighting of all time occurred many years ago. I got to watch Dolly Parton film a movie in Chicago. Dolly wears those tight black minidresses and those oh-so-lucious 5" stiletto heel pumps. It's just as much fun to watch her walk away from you as to see her walk towards you. In fact, I purchased the movie for only one reason ...... to watch Dolly wiggle and walk in her heels.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Hi all,

Up in Brisbane last week and just couldn't help myself:

Posted Image

off to the races I'm sure. These shoes were very high, and I did take a picture when she was closer but people walked infront of her :lol:

Posted Image

I noticed this woman on a few occasions many hours apart, shopping with her mother I think?

Posted Image

Having a well earned rest.

Posted Image

Last one.

Cheers all.

:(:)

Here we go again! I've right clicked and left clicked on everything visiable and invisable....and have gotten eleventy-eleven different versions of "The forumisdown.com". Some one please tell me what I'm doing wrong! I can't get the pics to develop regardless of what I do.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.