High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

I was walking to the mall in downtown salem when I heard that distinct clicking sound. There was a woman wearing black, mary jane pumps with 5" stiletto heels. She cross the opposite crosswalk that i did and in the same direction, then cross the street towards me to the entrance of the shopping mall. Tall, gorgeous young brunette woman, around mid to late 20's. She headed to Victoria's Secret. Great sighting. Just when the winter blues set in, this ray of light shines. Dan

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a carol service at the local Salvation Army on Sunday. they had a lot of nice young ladies in Salvation Army uniform with black stockings and high heels! This must be the best Christian denomination for a high heel lover. I think I might go back again!

I can't help to notice that, despite all our effort to make heels for men acceptable, sightings of men in heels remain extremely rare, even with a team of observers spread all over the planet.

Vanessa

Last week I saw one bloke wearing male 2 3/4" block heels in the grocery store. They were defenitely made for men since he had a size 45 (US men's 10) or so. First time of that kind in this country.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Sigh... There is an absolutely adorable pair of 2inch heel pure white ankle boots, with pointed toe, sitting in a shop window on my way to and from work. They have been there for a good couple of weeks and every day I walk past and wish that I was a size 7. You see these boots, gods gift to feet are only fifteen pounds and they cry out every damn day. Damn. Doc

• 2 weeks later...

What is wrong with the women where I live and work? I found I have to lower my standards to get any interesting high heel sightings. It would require a heel height of over 4" to get my attention in the past. But now, I'm settling for as little as 1". Last Thursday as I got off the train, I noticed a young lady wearing a black leather jacket, a black knee length skirt, off-black hosiery, and black court shoes with a 2" stiletto heel. It was nice to walk behind her :lol: The next day, there she was again. But this time she was wearing black straight-legged pants along with the black court shoes with the 2" stiletto heel. What's surprising is that I see shoes with very high heels in store window displays, but no one is wearing them out in public. It's been like this for the past few years.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

And if I had the money, I would be buying all of those shoes in the store windows (provided they fit me) and travelling the world with Chris, to show them off. Then we could have some real sightings! I have seen a number of three inch heels, blades mostly, of late, a few stilettos, but the trend of long pants seems to go with them. And women with small feet, who remain shorter than me in their heels (even when I am in my Reeboks). I would think that women would be crazy for heels, given that I am seeing a lot of women who are not as tall as I am.

Every time you go out shopping in the UK, you can see hundreds of pairs of blades, blocks, and stiletto styles, many around the 4" mark, some higher. I guess we are "spoilt" for choice in England. I was wearing 4 1/4" cowboy style today at Lakeside. This was the only pair I saw of this type though. Since I made the heel up myself, they are quite unique.

Went for a wander through Cardiff City Centre this afternoon, seeing if there was anything worthwhile in the sales, while keeping my eye on who was wearing what. The normal plethora of "pseudo-stiletto" heeled boots with what I describe as medium 3.5" to 4" heels being worn by anyone from the age of 12 years upward but nothing really special until I started back to the car. Half-way down Queen Street I noticed a middle aged woman (mid 40's) well dressed, coming towards me, and for some reason the reaction of a woman in front of me caught my eye. She actually turned and looked at this woman's boots. Of course, I did the same as she passed me. She was wearing , under a long coat and calf length skirt, a pair of suede leather half length zipped boots. The heel on them was between 4.5" and 5" high, about a size 5. What made them really noticable was that the shaft of the heel, from top to bottom was no more than 5mm thick. It was the ultimate stiletto spike, fortunately with plastic tips as metal ones may have done real damage. I finally recovered from the shock and turned round to follow her. Even though she was only about 20 yards ahead of me, it took me a good 50 yards to catch up, the speed she was walking. I followed her for about 200 yards, noticing that there were a large number of people, both men and woman, doing a double take as she passed them. I finally decided to do something that I haven't done for many years, and politely stopped her and asked her where she had bought them from. Far from taking offence, she told me that she had bought them from one of the local department stores (Howells) about two years ago, and we left the conversation like that. It's not often that you get to see a pair of heels like that being so well worn and with so much confidence.

Driving around South East London I get to see so many high heels that normally it would take up too much bandwidth just mentioning them but I have to relate to you the pair I saw yesterday. I was just approaching one of my delivery points which was the Waterloo campus of King's College in York Road, SE1. I overtook a woman wearing very skinny spikes that must have been in excess of 5". I pulled around the corner, and hastily dropped down from my cab on the pretence of going in the front entrance of the said college building, just so that I could surrepticiously gain a closer inspection. They turned out to be D'Orsay Pumps and from the way she was walking, I could tell that she was not wholly at home walking in heels of that magnitude but was make a very good effort at gaining the experience to wear them with ease.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

At an ice hockey game tonight, one of the girls who sits behind me in the block turned up wearing an above the knee denim skirt and knee length stretch pvc pull up boots. The had a thin metal post heel of between 4" and 4.5" on them. She can walk about quite easily in them, but tends to take going down the concrete steps a little more gingerly. Not really helped by them being a little too big for her, probably about half a size, so the ball of the heel wasn't fully slotted home. You could see the heel moving under her.

While sitting at the hospital waiting for a blood draw for my wife, there was a very nice looking young lady sitting across from us. She was wearing longer flared leg trousers (the current style...) and 5" stiletto boots :lol: Since she was sitting perpendicular to us ( T ) the view was perfect :( When she sat, her heels were totally exposed and they were just like a pair of my boots. Black leather, inside zip ankle boots. When she stood, the pants covered nearly all of the heel but it was obvious that this was not her first time out in them. She walked perfectly in them, even dodging little kids roaming around in a crowded lobby. This was definitely a wonderful sighting and rather suprising as it was a military hospital at that!! Happy Heeling!! Shoeiee

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

While sitting at the hospital waiting for a blood draw for my wife, there was a very nice looking young lady sitting across from us.

Yesterday the Russians celebrated Christmas, so I went to the church with one woman. I was really surprised how many young and pretty women were there and some of them wearing really high spiked boots! :lol:

You know - church, religion and all that - I thought it was some modest thing where women are not supposed to be showing off... but I'm glad it's not that bad :( Next time I go there more willingly...

P.S. It is really cold here right now - about -25 degrees Celsius - but still lots of women wear autum-wear fashion boots :)

HH forever!

Yesterday the Russians celebrated Christmas, so I went to the church with one woman. I was really surprised how many young and pretty women were there and some of them wearing really high spiked boots! :lol:

You know - church, religion and all that - I thought it was some modest thing where women are not supposed to be showing off... but I'm glad it's not that bad :( Next time I go there more willingly...

P.S. It is really cold here right now - about -25 degrees Celsius - but still lots of women wear autum-wear fashion boots :)

Yes, those Russian girls really know how to wear boots!

As a kid we lived for some time in Israel (my father being a diplomat) and I went to a school to learn Hebrew where there were several Russians and one girl used to walk part of the way home with me. Her boots were incredible being of grey suede with around 4" stiletto heel. She was my age (12 or 13) but had obviously worn heels for years as she could walk in these effortlessly.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...

I seen three different heel sightings the past week. They were mostly stilettto heel boots with jeans over them. The heels heights were 4"+ and a 2" to 2.5" spike worn by a lady in her 30's to 40's. The other two sightings were worn by women in their 20's, so there is a little hope out there yet. Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Three more sightings today. The weather was great here in Salem. Sunny, no clouds and rain. A lot of women wearing very styish clothing today. #1. A mid-to-late 30's woman wearing knee length, granny style boots with a 3.5" to 4" stiletto heel. She was also wearing a black long skirt. This sighting was at a wal-mart of all places. Very styish. And she had a daughter, about 3 to 5 years old with her. #2. A woman wearing some kind of siletto heel shoe or boot at a restaurant in the downtown Salem mall. I only saw the silhouette of the woman and the shoes. #3. A young woman, around 18 to 22, wearing red mules with a 2" spike heel. She was picking something up at the Baskin and Robbins at the same mall. Possibly a mall employee. Dan

Perhaps this should read "high heel non sighting Whilst waiting for my train last night a very attractive lady came onto the platform and sat down very close to me.. I of course immediatly noticed the black pumps with 4" heels she was wearing. Just as I was stating to think that my day just got better, she reached down and slipped both heels off and put them into a bag she was carrying. Then out of the bag she produced these awful flat sandels and put them on. It obviously made her feel better judging by her face, but it didnt do much for me ! :lol:

i was forced to go into River Island in Northampton with the girlfriend last Saturday. She chose a few things she wanted to try on "great, waiting round for another 10 mins by the changing room". As we got there imagine my pleasure in seeing that the entrance to the changing rooms was right by the shoes & boots area :) Whilst I was waiting I saw 2 good looking ladies try on different pairs of 4" stiletto boots :( But the pinnicle was being 1m away from a gorgeous woman trying on 4-4&1/2" sandles that were in the sale :lol: :bday: . She took ages checking them out in her hands before putting them on and strutting around in them for a few minutes. I thought she looked fantastic in them but she put them back on the shelf :o

Well, you can't be faulted for that! You were technically looking at "the" shoes... She didn't stipulate which ones you could look at! Ahh... I love getting off the hook on technicalities... :( Not that you need to excuse yourself anyway, there's nothing wrong with a bit of harmless window shopping! :lol: SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Just as long as your girlfriend didn't catch you looking at this other woman! :lol:

SH

Ruth has resigned berself to the fact that I like to look at other women's footwear though she thinks that they'll think I'm looking at the women.

Matt, Did you see the new chocolate brown leather, knee high, pointed toe, stiletto boots they've just got in at River Ialand? They're gorgeous! I popped in there today and was on my way out when a young girl passed me wearing a denim skirt and knee high boots. Obviously I had to check out the boots. Imagine my delight to discover she was wearing a pair of black leather boots exactly the same as some I own. They're 4.5 inch high, block heeled with a bias cut, squared off toe box. No platform (God no!), but a kind of thick sole that makes them look nice and chunky. They're by Bronx and have got the little emblem impressed in the leather at the top of the legs. Needless to say, I put them on as soon as I got home. I thought my tastes had moved on to the spikier, pointier type boots but these may get a new lease of life now!

Hiya, To be honest once I'd watched the girl try on the 4.5" sandles I kind of lost track of the other styles on show :lol: I do remember that the boots were very nice though! Did you go to Next afterwards? they had 2 pairs of nice boots in there. Both had 3.5-4" heels on them, about £60 I think.

Hi Matt I haven't been to Next in a while. My general impression of their footwear range is that they sell good quality but slightly conservative styles. Plus, they seem to overprice everything, only to slash prices in half in their sale. Quite often they have similar styles to River Island, but RI always seem to win in the height and pointiness stakes. Do you know what I mean? Still, it sounds like they're worth another visit, so thanks! GFM