Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

Okay, I REALLY need some opinions guys. Like 3 of my female friends said they don't look that great on me, but I love them! Anyway, long story shot. My female friend who just moved home bought a brown shirt and kakhi pants to wear to the club friday night. Then I found these and got them for her to wear with the outfit.....

Posted Image

She loved them, they looked great, yadda yadda yadda, we left the bad, she put her boots back on and she forgot the shoes in my back pack when she left the cab.

So now I had them so of course (us being the same size) I had to try them on, and I love them! The only think is I want the black versions of them with the shinny blue inside. Regardless I did a pic, so I would love all of your opinions, Especially yours Heel D, you (IMO) are the King of flats. Thanks all!

Posted Image

....snip...

Posted Image

I think the contrast in this looks excellent. The pants fit you well. They are a tad loose, which is good for your body type and the hems are wide and modern, which is also good for you. The dark top accentuates the color of your skin too, making for a great ensemble. If I was you, I would stick to darker colored tops as they bring out the positive energy in your skin complexion. With all due respect and in my humble opinion, white TOPS just don't seem to complement your skin tone as well as darker colored tops.

And a Red T with charcoal Jeans from Wal-mart, with a Broody pleather jacket and again, the patent pumps. I admit these jeans would look better if they were more fitted but I'm finding it hard to find fitted jeans around here in a 34 or 36 waist (depending on the jeans)

Posted Image

I think you are doing well with the fit and length on these pants. The wider flare at the hem balances your look well.

As far as your tops are concerned, my view is that you look best with some type of undershirt coupled with either a jacket, cardigan, or variation therefore of outerwear. So as far as the shoes your friend left behind, why not coordinate your color matching tshirt with some type of "outerwear" (jacket, sweater, or shirt)? Thats just my opinion though...thanks for sharing all the pics!

Absolutely love your enthusiasm and use of this thread. :wink:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Thanks Kneehighs. I'll keep those pointers in mind when choosing outfits. The brown ribbed T I have on in my last pic I know is a bit big on me. I bought it from a store called Randy River, and most of their tops fit big, mind you it fit when I got it some time ago so I'm leaning to the fact I lost weight :wink: Anyway, my main concern are the brown flats I'm wearing in that pic, my friend will get them back, and I'd like to get a pair in black, all I'm wondering is can I pull off the shoes? Thanks again!

Your welcome.

And can you pull those flats off? Of course you can! Heel-D is visiting the States right now, so I'm not sure if he'll chime in anytime soon. If you want to organize your outfit around the shoes, what color pants enhance the color of the shoes? And do those pants enhance your body type? What color top would combine well with your skin tone and go well with pants that enhance the color of your shoes? BTW, congrats on losing weight. :wink:

The whole body type thing is important for me too. I have a long torso and short legs, so if I wear low rise pants with my shirt tucked in, I tend to make my legs look stubby, which I do not want. I personally feel everyone should build their wardrobes with their body type in mind FIRST and FOREMOST.

Style is about camouflaging our weaknesses. It's about creating the illusion of perfection by choosing clothes that best enhance our skin tone, hide our body's weaknesses, and enhance our body's strengths.

Jue It is my sincere pleasure to welcome you to the forum! If I am not mistaken, you are the first ever member to explicitly identify themself as being from the Phillipines.

As far as your outfits go, its looks like you gave some thought to layering:

--around your sleeves

--at the hem of your shirt

--the collar coming out from under your tshirt

Layering is a great way to add personality to an outfit. You can layer colors...

Black, Blue, and Grey are color combos most popular on the runways for Fall and Winter of 2007 (next year's fall/winter).

--black and blue

--black and grey

--grey and blue

Guys can layer quite easily. For instance, wear a white button down beneath a v-neck sweater. Roll up the sleeves to about 3/4 length on the sweater. Then fold the sleeves of your sweater neatly so they cuff the rolled up sleeves on your sweater. Obviously, there are many more ways to do this.

Thanks for pics Jue! :wink:

Here in the Philippines. Tyler is the name of the brand; it's local but the shoes are made in Spain, I think. This one is 4.25" high. :wink: Size 39. I usually wear a 38, but their sizes run small.

Why should girls have all the fun? :P

I'm impressed! As a guy who loves pumps more than any other style of shoe, those are absolutely gorgeous! I envy you, my friend! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hey all, I know these aren't outfit pics, but trust me, some will follow. I just got these Nine West pointed toe 4" stiletto ankle boots from ebay. I won them for $15.50 US, with shipping it's $33.53 US, now I'll admit I'm not familiar with Nine West, but I think that's a good deal :wink: I'm soooooo excited I can't wait for them to arrive. So untill they get here, he's the pics from the auction. I'd love all your input and suggestions, especially yours Kneehighs, if I'm not mistaken you're a fan of Nine West yourself. Laters!

Posted Image

Posted Image

NewfieGuyInHeels: I am insanely jealous! Those boots are flat out gorgeous!! Nine West makes some of the most beautiful women's shoes around, I'd kill to wear their shoes, especially their pumps, but they only go up to 11. You definitely struck gold with those boots, my friend! I'll be eager to see pics of you in them!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hey all, I know these aren't outfit pics, but trust me, some will follow. I just got these Nine West pointed toe 4" stiletto ankle boots from ebay. I won them for $15.50 US, with shipping it's $33.53 US, now I'll admit I'm not familiar with Nine West, but I think that's a good deal :wink: I'm soooooo excited I can't wait for them to arrive. So untill they get here, he's the pics from the auction. I'd love all your input and suggestions, especially yours Kneehighs, if I'm not mistaken you're a fan of Nine West yourself. Laters!

Beyond being from Nine West which is my favorite shoe store, the next thing I noticed about those boots was the heel. The arch of the heel points inward towards your toe which will probably make walking quite easy.

But more importantly, those boots appear seasonally versatile. The shaft doesn't appear to run too far up the leg so as to make you uncomfortably hot in Summer. My guess is you can really get your money's worth out of those boots.

Looking forward to seeing any new outfits you may have.

Thanks KH! I'm not really one to wear my boots over pants or on display so the ankle high shaft is perfect for me, (even if I do have a coupl high shaft boots) and I never really thought about the position of the heel. Tho 4" stilettos will be new ground for me so there will be some practice. The worst thing about ordering off ebay is the waiting. It'll take about 8 days for my payment to clear, then about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks for delivery to canada. so about 3 weeks till I recieve them..... *sigh*. Ah well, anything worth having is worth waiting for... I guess :wink:

Thanks KH! ....snip...

Your welcome. :wink:

I really think you made a fine decision in choosing those boots. Have fun putting together your outfits. I'm sure you'll navigate the stiletto height just fine after you wind up proving to yourself that you can actually sanely wait three weeks for them to arrive in the mail!

This is what I would call a classic (freestyle) fashion look: jeans, white shirt, black jacket and pointy black stilettos. It has the formality of jacket and heels paired together with informality of jeans. Despite the heels, it’s not an attention grabber and when I wear the outfit, no one seems to pay any particular notice. It’s the same boots as photo number 6 in my Fashionably Fun collection thread (where a view of the heel is much more evident than this photo). http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/5763-fashionably_fun_collection.html I wore the exact combination around town earlier this week, as described in the same thread.

Posted Image