The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

• 1 month later...

Forgot to mention that I had a date over the weekend. I wore a black waffle textured blazer I had custom tailored for proper fit at Bloomingdales. Layered the blazer over a long grey sweater dress (goes to mid hip) from H and M with a triangular avant garde collar that has a zipper that zips up from the left shoulder to the neck. The sleeves on the sweater are really long so they stuck out from the edge of the sleeves of my blazer by about 4-5". Wore dark indigo blue straight leg jeans from Urban Outfitters and 4" black patent stiletto pumps. I tucked the jeans of my heels over about an inch of the heels, so about 2.5"-3" was clearly showing.

My date was already waiting for me when I arrived. She was in a brown sweater dress, brown tights, and 4" brown stiletto pumps. This was the second time we hung out until the establishment we were at closed. Heavy flirting ensued as usual, sparks flew, chemistry exploded left and right.

Except for mentioning that she liked my heels and that I walked well in them (we were on cobblestones), she made no additional conversation about my heels. Nor did I. No questions, interrogations, insinuations, explanations, justifications, or socio-cultural analysis ensued.

With mesmerizing deep sea blue eyes contrasted against her luscious dirty blonde hair and mellow tanned skin, this was a memorable date for sure...

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Except for mentioning that she liked my heels and that I walked well in them (we were on cobblestones), she made no additional conversation about my heels. Nor did I. No questions, interrogations, insinuations, explanations, justifications, or socio-cultural analysis ensued.

KH, you are doing it the only right way. Unfortunately, I got my wisdom only after I got married - otherwise I'd have done it just the same way.

I think you're nothing short of a role model to many.

My respect you have.

What's all the fuss about?

Ah, for me a date wearing heels is becoming the "holy grail" of heeling for me. You are and continue to be my hero!

I'm sure you'd have no real problem pulling off heels on a first date. Your comfortable enough in so many different situations and contexts, dating would just be like a new venue to try your heels in. It's quite a thrill when the flirting goes wild and the chemistry starts to sizzle!

As soon as I find somebody who piques my interest enough and isn't already attached, I plan to give it a try. What is it with everybody being "coupled" these days? I know it will be great fun!

Style is built from the ground up!

Happyfeat:-) I may have been "coupled" for 40 years, but I fully understand your angst to have a pardner once in a while to pal around with. After all, she may go for you wearing heels on a first date, who knows? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

Super busy right now, but here goes.

Last night I was at a party, for the Sprouse book launch. Amazing party with Debbie Harry, Marc Jacobs, Fern Mallis (founder of New York Fashion Week), Fred Schneider (lead singer of B52's) and many other celebs. In case you don't know, Stephen Sprouse was the guy responsible for adding the neon hue colors to Louis Vuitton.

Anyhow, I had been invited to take photos, so no heeling for me, not even block heels as I need maximum physical stability for fast moving. Besides spotting 4 other guys in heels (3 in the Rick Owens block heels and 1 in stiletto boots), some beautiful Swiss girl came up to me. She was flirting heavy, which is usual behavior among the fashion set.

She was wearing an eye catching outfit which was the first thing I commented on.

"nice outfit!"

"thanks love, do you want to borrow it" and she took off her shawl thingy and asked if I wanted to wear it.

"ahh, thats sweet of you, but I don't have any heels to go with it"

"that's no problem, you can borrow those too" She was wearing a pair of 4" suede stiletto ankle boots, which sadly, I didn't get a good pic of. The story is still fun though.

haha. It turns out she was good friends with Teri Toye, who was the first openly transgendered supermodel. I'm definitely thinking that women who are friends and supportive of TG's are definitely supportive of men in heels (seems like I'm stating the obvious really).

Name Dropper!!!!!:thumbsup::welcome:

hehe, I didn't say I knew them! Just that they were there...as a photographer, the reality is that I was on the lowest end of the social food chain...and learning who is who in the world of fashion/celebrity culture is important right now too...

Kneehighs:-) Name dropper or not, at least you are able to be in the company of famous people and sooner or later it will begin to rub off on you. Cudos, my friend and keep on as you are. There have been times in my life where I have been in company of famous people also and it definately does rub off to a certain extent. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Date last night.

Bottom line, this girl does not support men wearing high heels. She didn't mind that I was wearing my women's knee boots over jeans, a women's leather jacket, and she even shared some of her bracelets with me to keep. Even though we stayed out till 6 am and she invited me back to her place, this one is a dud--or maybe I'll see her one more time and just show up in block heels and take it from there.

p.s. what was interesting is that she didn't rule out the possibility of dating a transgendered Male to Female. It's the grey areas in between that challenged her belief system about what was right and wrong.

Kneehighs

Sometimes it may be just getting black and white from colour or swapping hands, the two sides are ok, the messy bit in the middle causes confusion.

That lovely little word........WHY.........which on it's own has no answer gets used so often when someone will not accept the reasons.

Both the girls were Beautiful,

I feel a bit jealous I'd love to do a shoot at a venue like that (must get better)

Good luck go for the second meet, fingers crossed, spoon in the cauldron, magic may happen.

Al

Date last night.

Bottom line, this girl does not support men wearing high heels. She didn't mind that I was wearing my women's knee boots over jeans, a women's leather jacket, and she even shared some of her bracelets with me to keep. Even though we stayed out till 6 am and she invited me back to her place, this one is a dud--or maybe I'll see her one more time and just show up in block heels and take it from there.

p.s. what was interesting is that she didn't rule out the possibility of dating a transgendered Male to Female. It's the grey areas in between that challenged her belief system about what was right and wrong.

Quite often, after you get through the "getting to know you phase," attitudes are "adjusted" and issues that are at first gulf-building close and common ground becomes "continent" size.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Kneehighs:-) Go for the second meeting and see what happens when wearing heels. You might be surprised at the reaction that you may get. If things don't work out for you, then chalk it up to experience and move on. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Date last night.

Let's see, she didn't like guys in heels (you), but hung with you till 6 am and invited you back to her place. Hmmmm! If she did like guys in heels (you again), she might have ripped your clothes off right there..... (just kidding, but an interesting observation nonetheless)

oooops, I didn't wear heels that night, just 1.75" heel flat knee boots over jeans, a grey t-shirt tunic from Zara, a black leather jacket from Kenneth Cole layered over the grey turtle neck t-shirt, and a red scarf. She said she'd wear it all. To tell you the truth though, I'm not really giving this situation that much thought. There are so many other attractive "fish" in my "fishbowl" it doesn't really matter how this process evolves itself.

Date last night.

Cute!

It's always the 'tweeners, isn't it? As long as people stay put within well-developed and accepted stereotypes, it's ok. But when the lines blur...

It's time to let them blur!

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.