The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

Mr. X Thanks for the compliment.

Bubba136 I do seem to recall a post of yours where you mentioned yourself wearing a sarong and heeled sandals at the beach. I'd find it fascinating to hear more about your experiences wearing shorts and heels in public!

This is likely the farthest I'll ever push my own personal boundaries though. I'll never do skirts, or even skorts for that matter. That just doesn't appeal to me. It's mostly a matter of it being hot and humid up here in New York that inspired me to wear heels and shorts.

After some thought though, I doubt it'll be the last time either. It definitely gives off a different vibe and based on last nights reactions from others, I frankly didn't notice any distinction in responses between when I wear pants and heels versus when I wear shorts and heels. Time will tell.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Last night definitely qualified as interesting. I decided to go out wearing a grey French Connection top with a neck bow, a black Zara ruffled vest worn over the French Connection top, black shorts, and black 4" Nine West pumps. Yes, you read that right, shorts with pumps--it was a kneehighs first. HERE is picture some random girl took for me on the street.

To paraphrase the opening to my favorite TV show, you boldly went where no freestyler has gone before. Shorts with pumps! Outrageous! You looked absolutely fantastic as that was one of the most incredibly stylish outfits I've ever seen you wear since I've known you and read your exploits. No wonder you're one of the true pioneers of this board, your fashion sense is clearly second to none, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart! More power to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Sorry to kick an old message, but I just landed on this one.

Naturally, she wanted to know why I wore heels, and wanted to know what the ratio of guys here who had a genuine interest in fashion was as compared to those with a bent for the fetish side. I answered about 50/50, though in hindsight, I think that ratio is inaccurate.

I, too, think it is pretty far off, more like 90/10 in favor of the fetish side.

And that is actually the only improvement area I could think of for this board - my agenda is on the 10% of the distribution and I think the fetish venting on this board reduces its ability to help take the heels for men phenomenon into the mainstream.

I don't have a real solution for it of course, barring a spinoff. And being very open minded myself, I'm the last guy to send the fetishists away. But it's not my battle.

On a side note, what Kneehighs demonstrates here is something that only the very few can achieve, and deserves our respect.

What's all the fuss about?

And that is actually the only improvement area I could think of for this board - my agenda is on the 10% of the distribution and I think the fetish venting on this board reduces its ability to help take the heels for men phenomenon into the mainstream.

I don't have a real solution for it of course, barring a spinoff. And being very open minded myself, I'm the last guy to send the fetishists away. But it's not my battle.

On a side note, what Kneehighs demonstrates here is something that only the very few can achieve, and deserves our respect.

Why are members hell bent on converting hhplace.org into a guys in heels only website? Its for "everybody" regardless...

Thats exactly why heels4men.org exist's, because seemingly there are a LOAD of guys who dont want to be associated with the fetish/TV/CD stuff, but they would rather stay here and complain about it, instead of use a designated website built for the cause!!!

Vote with your feet (Pun intended), if you dont like the fetish stuff, use another website that does cater just to guys in heels... :o

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Thanks for the story KH. It surely looks/sounds like your most daring outing to date. Chapeaux!

This is likely the farthest I'll ever push my own personal boundaries though. I'll never do skirts, or even skorts for that matter. That just doesn't appeal to me. It's mostly a matter of it being hot and humid up here in New York that inspired me to wear heels and shorts.

Skirts/skorts might not be your thing but to be honest, exposing practically all of your leg with those shorts was more daring than a knee high skirt and hose. It's about the same level as wearing a mini, which I'm sure you would've pulled off. You have the physical built and courage to do it.

I view my high heel/skirt interest as part fetish part a genuine fashion style. I limit the use of a mini skirt and stiletto heels to home as a fetish for the moment. I can't bring myself to wear a knee high skirt with a pair of stilettos in public, strictly boots with skirts for me. I stick to wearing stilettos with pants/jeans.

Maybe I should hang around you KH, maybe I'd start wearing stiletto's with skirts. I could make the leap with this style to fashion interest from fetish. That's how it happened in the past. I'm not there yet and such a leap of faith would probably require some backup from other friends. Sucks that there are so few of us in my area to share this fashion passion with.

Why are members hell bent on converting hhplace.org into a guys in heels only website? Its for "everybody" regardless...

Thats exactly why heels4men.org exist's, because seemingly there are a LOAD of guys who dont want to be associated with the fetish/TV/CD stuff, but they would rather stay here and complain about it, instead of use a designated website built for the cause!!!

Critical mass perhaps?

I have been on the heels scene since 2000 and didn't even know that board was still up. Perhaps in 2003 or so I popped in last time, and then there wasn't a lot to be found.

Perhaps some cross site advertising would do it good?

But let's not hijack KH's thread with this stupid discussion :o

What's all the fuss about?

FF. Kinda a strange comment, don't you think? Why not take kh's appearance the way it is presented? After all, there are are at least 1,000 different combinations that he could have worn. But, he chose to wear what he wore and, in my opinion, his appearance "worked" 100% the way he envisioned that it would. However, if kh is really interested in your input, perhaps he will send you a pm and discuss his outfits before he walks through the door on his way out. As far as your comments about the Men in heels website, I feel the same way as Richie does. Only, about the highheel chat room that a couple of us have managed to keep open over the past 10 years or so. Every time I mention the chat room here, I get comments like "I visited it once and there isn't ever anyone there. two comments apply to responses like these. 1. If you wait awhile someone will come along and be willing to discuss heels with you..... 2. If you are really interested in chatting with another member of this forum, email or send him a private message and set up a time to "get together" and chat. Resources are available. They just need to be used. :o

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Just to let everyone know, the shorts in the photo above were made from scratch, not purchased. Since I was wearing a short shirt that would expose my long waisted body, I wanted to wear a pair of high rise shorts that enhanced the illusion that my legs were longer than they really were (in addition to the heels).

So I found a pair of pants I had never worn, a leather pair that were high waisted and I cut some shorts from them. They fit tight around my buttocks, slim around my hips, but a bit loose above the knees. It was a moderate compromise to be sure, but given that it was an outfit created at the last minute, it was good and it worked.

Style does not have to be perfect to be pulled off.

Anyone can come in here and offer their style advice, but frankly, there is a time and a place for everything. Posting about wearing heels with shorts with my friends here is a time for celebration, not a time for outfit critique. So I tend to agree with Bubba on this one.

KH, anither great adventure and a super job on the leather shorts - you'll be yodeling next :o. You sure are getting some mileage out of those nine west pumps, how many times have you been to the cobbler with them? Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Anyone can come in here and offer their style advice, but frankly, there is a time and a place for everything. Posting about wearing heels with shorts with my friends here is a time for celebration, not a time for outfit critique. So I tend to agree with Bubba on this one.

In the post now deleted, I did mention it could well have been the camera angle that made it look like the shorts were baggy. Anyone who thinks that outfit worked with baggy shorts and slim legs needs advice. However, it's been fully explained to me they weren't, both here and via PM.

My original post wasn't offered as a critique, but well-thought, and well meant advice. I was so cautious about mentioning it at all, it took me two or three days to decide what to do. Sadly, my well meant intention was not appreciated. I'm sorry for all those ungracious enough to accept my good intent.

Sadly, the rather flattering remarks made about KH's personality and their pertinence to his social success have been overlooked. :o

For my part, I'm not happy to say someone looks great when they don't. It doesn't help them, or anyone else looking for references. Baggy shorts would look less than great on a girl with legs that slim, how good would the look be on a man?

I'll leave this thread for good. Cheers all. [Another one for you Bubba. :thumbsup: ]

...snip...

For my part, I'm not happy to say someone looks great when they don't. It doesn't help them, or anyone else looking for references. Baggy shorts would look less than great on a girl with legs that slim, how good would the look be on a man?

I'll leave this thread for good. Cheers all. [Another one for you Bubba. :thumbsup: ]

Frankly, an outfit doesn't have to be perfect to be draw references from it. Besides, the purpose of this thread is to highlight my adventures, not my outfit. I show pictures of myself to lend credibility to my adventures.

Additionally, how can people take any of your style advice seriously when you won't even provide us a full body photo of yourself dressed up? I always consider the source of who is providing me advice when determining whether to apply it or not. That's in everything in life.

Given your self confessed inability to see how high heels can be removed from fetish and your implied opinion that a woman "wearing a latex dress and a corset with leather over the knee stiletto boots" is a great style as opposed to fetish statement, I'm lead to purposely question any style advice you might offer. Perhaps others are of the same opinion.

What I'd like to see is your shining example of style perfection. Why don't you show us how to dress then? Show us a full body shot of you in an absolutely perfect outfit, please.

And please don't use the awful outfit you wore at the World Heel Meet either. If you consider that jumper that made you look heavy in the stomach area good style, then think again.

For the record, I love taking advice about how to dress, but from those who share similar tastes in personal style. It's like food. A french chef isn't going to apply advice from a Mexican chef telling him to add habanero's to his plates, when it's not his style to begin with.

For ANYONE who missed it the first time .....

I'll leave this thread for good. Cheers all.

I've started another thread in the Fashion Section to continue this debate, if it is indeed, worth debating.

P.S.

And please don't use the awful outfit you wore at the World Heel Meet either. If you consider that jumper that made you look heavy in the stomach area good style, then think again.

You mean the winter sweater I was wearing because it was winter, and I had to walk outside? :o

Now you're just being plain rude.

Post deleted by author, and sent direct via PM. :o

I guess if derogatory comments are made by you, they're not insults?

(but then again, I guess I should have learned by now, that if they're made by you, they're just constructive criticism.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My original post wasn't offered as a critique, but well-thought, and well meant advice. I was so cautious about mentioning it at all

There are ways to express things. One way is to make your point without sounding captious.

it took me two or three days to decide what to do. Sadly, my well meant intention was not appreciated.

There are times when any comment won't be appreciated. I've found that at those times, it's best to just keep your mouth shut. Perhaps this is one of those times and you should have just kept your mouth shut.

I'm sorry for all those ungracious enough to accept my good intent.

Perhaps your "good intent" wasn't obvious from the way you phrased your remarks -- hard to tell, sometimes.

I'll leave this thread for good. Cheers all. [Another one for you Bubba. :thumbsup: ]....

Don't pin this one on me. After all, I'm the one that chose to look at kh's contribution in a positive way. :o

One last thing, FF2:

Too much provocation for knuckle-draggers.

As for me and the rest of us that find fault with your remarks, being a knuckle-dragger with class is by far and away much more acceptable to civilized society than being one without any breeding, what so ever.

And, as far as kh telling you that your appearance at the last heel meet was not in good taste or style, as being just plain rude, what do you suppose your comments about him were?

FWIW, Kneehighs, I think your outfit, from my standpoint, looks very well thought out and "hip". If I saw you out and about, I would think "here is a guy who puts a lot of thought into his look, and is comfortable with the outcome before he leaves his house.". I would, also, probably have my foot next to yours in a pic for "comparison"..LOL As far as "advice" thrown in at random...there is a time and place for it. I don't believe this thread was such a place as I believe it to simply be a "sharing" thread. And one I look forward to seeing new posts made. OTOH, I didn't think anything rude, from the output in FF's initial post, except that it may be the wrong place for it. I do take umbrage to the "knuckle-draggers" post, but I suppose that it was made in the heat of the moment. Maybe the fact that someone like myself may "need" advice from other, more experienced members of this board. I have had "advice" thrown at me in both positive, and negative ways. However, I don't look at someone like Kneehighs to be in a place where "advice" is needed to be thrown at him in places like this thread. He has given me lots of great advice (including Blues Brothers thoughts..LOL) via PM, and I have them saved. Once you throw advice at someone who puts such great thought into his outfit, such as KH does, then WHERE the advice and how it is given should be more tactful than on a thread where he shares his adventures. Just my 2c. Please keep posting here, Kneehighs, and I'll continue to read with envy!

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Sorry to see things turn kind of sour between FF and KH. You both offer such interesting stories and well thought out contributions to the forum and I hear you two have worked together to coordinate events and such. Hopefully, its just a temporary spat, I have not been around here long, but hate to see that happen due to a few poorly chosen words on the spur of the moment.

I agree. We need to focus on what unites us rather than what divides us. We're too small a group to squabble over petty issues like this. Please, KH and FF, apologize to each other, get over this incident, and work together for the common good. You don't have to love each other, but please be respectful and focus on the more important issues. You both post excellent accounts of events, you're both highly influential because of your boldness and experience, you inspire us all, and we all want to see that continue. Please rise to a higher level and let's move on. Thank you. GWL

KH, anither great adventure and a super job on the leather shorts - you'll be yodeling next :o.

You sure are getting some mileage out of those nine west pumps, how many times have you been to the cobbler with them?

Simon.

hehe

I actually have three pairs of 4" Nine West pumps, I like them so much. To answer your question though, I think I've been to the cobbler twice. In my fortunate experience, the Nine West's I've purchased have held up really well.

Sorry to see things turn kind of sour between FF and KH. You both offer such interesting stories and well thought out contributions to the forum and I hear you two have worked together to coordinate events and such. Hopefully, its just a temporary spat, I have not been around here long, but hate to see that happen due to a few poorly chosen words on the spur of the moment.

Well said, that man. I share the same sentiment.

I hope to hear that FF & KH have kissed & made-up before the next international heel meet :o

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I absolutely love the shorts (and of course the Nine West pumps)! If I shaved my legs I would try it. You are a true inspiration and a gentleman. Thanks for the inspiration!

Style is built from the ground up!

hehe

I actually have three pairs of 4" Nine West pumps, I like them so much. To answer your question though, I think I've been to the cobbler twice. In my fortunate experience, the Nine West's I've purchased have held up really well.

I envy you like no one's business, I've always loved Nine West pumps which I think are the sexiest shoes around, but they don't go up to size 13, otherwise I'd have a room full of 'em! GGRRRRR!! I am SO jealous!

:o

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yesterday was gorgeous in New York City. The weather finally cooled off a bit down to somewhere between 16-23C.

Anyway, I spent the afternoon hanging out in Soho. I took some time to enjoy a leisurely cup of Guava Tea and a Niçoise Salad at the tea salon at Marie Belle.

But the real fun started at night when Pam and I met up in the East Village. Our friendship gives testament to the power Heel Meets have to forge connections that withstand the test of time. We've been friends since 2004 and because of our busy schedules, we don't get to see each other very often, but when we do, we pick up right from where we left off before.

Both of us wore heels at dinner. Pam was wearing a white top, khaki pants, and black 4.5" peep toe stiletto ankle straps from Nine West. I was wearing 4" pointy Nine West pumps, black French Connection pants, a silk Georgette Twill top from Marc by Marc Jacobs, and a black satin Calvin Klein blazer.

After we were finished with dinner and left the restaurant, Pam decided to go back into the restaurant to ask our waitress if she had noticed our shoes. So I stood outside and people watched until about 5 minutes later when the front door opened back up, with Pam and our waitress emerging in conversation. She had Pam's pump in her hand and vehemently claimed to the both of us that she did NOT notice our shoes when she was waitressing our table! Pam pressed her for her opinion of men in heels. She said she would assume that if she saw a guy on the street in heels, he would be gay. But she did concede that if he wasn't gay, her response would be negative if he was wearing heels for shock value to rebelliously break a stereotype. She said her response would be positive if he was wearing heels as part of a fashion forward statement. Overall, she was receptive to our company and volunteered her mobile information.

From there we walked to a nearby club called Lit. After one drink there, we decided it was too dead to stay the night and we cabbed over to Spring and the West Side Highway to a club called Don Hills. This is where the night really took off.

We met a series of women. From forty somethings to really cute twenty somethings, we were even chatting up girls on the street. The girl on the left said she loved my top with the bow tie and her friend on the right remarked that she loved my stilettos.

Here is a picture of a girl whose style reminded me of the kind that PatentHeel enjoys. And a few hours later, a priceless photo of that girl enjoying Pam's company. The usual flirting <---this girl was super sexy, chatting, and fun loving photo taking was done.

A great night overall.

A couple of great adventures there KH! Well done especially for finally getting out there in stilletos and shorts. Great outfit too. You are certainly an inspiration to lots of people to get out there in heels. :o

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Thanks for posting our adventure ... It was a great outing and we had lots of fun!! All reactions to the shoes were pretty positive from all the girls we talked to. It was a great night in NYC ... looking forward to the next one very soon. P