The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

THUMP (sound of my chin hitting the ground.) What a bummer, “she did NOT notice our shoes.” Sounds like you two had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, KH, what good fortune. Looking forward to the pictures and a narrative to accompany them. :thumbsup: (will you wear your new heels?):smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi Bubba--I doubt I'll be able to wear my heels, although I also doubt that wearing them would necessarily be taboo, as I've already counted 3 or 4 men wearing high heels, stilettos included, today at the tents and various other venues. It's just that unlike the VIP's who are there to luxuriate in the ambiance, I'll be there to work (which includes standing on chairs, dodging, ducking, swerving, etc), and the Public Relations company who granted me the pass will likely be watching my work carefully. If I perform well, it'll likely open doors to many more opportunities in the future. If I perform poorly, I can kiss any future back stage passes good bye.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Thanks kh.... Congratulations on "landing the gig!" And, I'm confident that you will turn in a "great" performance while attending the events. (too bad about the heels, though.):smile: Here's to many more "great performances" in the fashion world.:thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I guess Fashion Week in NYC is really a big deal. I happened to see a website devoted to pictures of some of the new offerings created by some of the biggest names in the clothing industry that are being shown this week. There are a lot of websites devoted to this industry's new products. while most of the copy focuses on clothing, there are a few that are showing the latest fall shoe fashions. Like this one at: Fall 08 shoes

I wonder if kh took any of the pictures? :smile:

^ :smile: Fashion Week in New York is second in global importance only to Paris and that's because Paris has more couture shows. Can't say that I took any of the shoe pictures, but I have been endlessly striking up conversations with women based on their shoes.

It's just that unlike the VIP's who are there to luxuriate in the ambiance...

bwahahaha, I have to laugh at my ignorance. I thought there would be some sort of VIP room in the backstage and while there may be in other cities, there certainly isn't in New York. It was like one big rectangular room divided into three sections. The biggest section was the middle section. It was open in the middle and each model had a station assigned to her on the perimeter. Each station was equipped with a dresser, who helped change the model between runway walks. Each dresser had look book card,, <----not a good shot, but it's Jessica Stam's card, she's a well known model] with photos of the model already fitted in the clothing.

The models first go to casting calls, where the designer chooses from among many models which have the look they are seeking. Then when they choose the models, the next stage is to get the models fitted into the clothes. In this FITTING stage, the models go on separate days and separate times to get fitted into the clothes. The staff then take measurements to make sure the clothes fit right. Then they take pics of the models in the clothes which they then place on the dress chart thing.

Pretty fascinating stuff to me at least. I did get to mingle with the company owner, designers, and celebrities. The good news is that the designer's local Public Relations company was happy with my work, the international Public Relations company was happy with my work, and a print publication wants to do a two page spread on my work. All companies have expressed a continued interest in doing future business with me. Not bad for a guy with only a background in media.

Oh yeah, the other thing I learned is that if you walk through the back stage area like you own the place, like you belong, you can get past the police security, past the check in booth, past the door security even. hehe. Before long, I found myself again back stage, but being sneaky like that is not my style and something I only did because a model friend of mine convinced me to walk with her.

The bad news is that I hardly got any hot shoe shots. I promise I will have some by the end of the week.

Thanks for the glimpse "inside, behind the scene." I find it very interesting. While I don't follow the fashion industry closely, and don't really know as many of the players there as I do players for the Atlanta Braves, my wife does. She is one female that keeps up with all the latest trends in fashion (and I have the fractured credit card and she, the closets full of clothes to prove it.) There is at least one catalog or fashion magazine in our mail box every day. (I just look at the shoes in them :smile: ) I continue to wish you good fortune in finding a "niche" for your many talents.

if you walk through the back stage area like you own the place, like you belong, you can get past the police security, past the check in booth, past the door security even. hehe

And who says going out in public in heels isn't good training? :smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

London Fashion Week was an absolute ball. On Monday I went to an after party at the Buddha Bar wearing black skinny jeans, a green oversized cardigan from Urban Outfitters, a black Mango blazer layered over the cardigan, and rolled up the sleeves on both. Naturally, 4" Nine West pumps without socks accompanied that outfit. 2 bottles of red wine and 2 new girl friends later, I was at the height of the night. I had my shoes in one girls lap, her friends boots in my lap, and we were all partying with total abandon, like there was never another night to party in. Pumps? One girl who is a fashion stylist loved it. Her opinion was that it didn't matter if it was a man or a woman wearing pumps, what mattered to her was in her words, "who dares to wear pumps" Her friend was less accepting. She thought my size 11 was "huge, yo" (I hate that eubonics 'yo'). She said that round toe pumps would have been more appropriate, to make my feet look smaller. :smile: Whatevs "Yo"...She did have some really sexy knee high boots on though. They had a strap that revolved around the entire shaft down to the vamp. Friday night was even better. Heel-D and I went to a magazine party in Shoreditch. Both of us wore heels. Right off the bat, I met an architect who looked down at my round toe pumps and said she "liked it". I said, "Like it enough for dinner tomorrow?" to which she said, "yes." Casual flirting ensued. Then I met some girl from Germany at the bar. Before long, I had invited her back to our table where we were enjoying our own bottle of Absolut. We did shots from each other's shoes, photos were taken, vodka was passed around like kids in a pool in the summer, and times were good. She was totally cool with my heels and Heel-D's too. And she was a designer. Needless to say, more than casual flirting ensued and the next day's dinner never materialized. It was Fashion Week and it was the Time and Place to PARTY. I can only begin to imagine what kind of trouble I'll get myself into at Paris Fashion Week next week. edit: below is an attachment of a pic from the evening. Not going for quality there.

post-486-133522867757_thumb.jpg

Great gobs of goose grease, KH!! Are you really going to Pairs for Fashion Week, next week? Good on you! Boy, I love that city. I'd give you the name of my favorite restaurant in that city but you probably already have a favorite of your own. Perhaps a stop in London for a day or so to for a visit with some of our English cousins? oh, yes...great recount of party night. Glad you had Heel-D along to keep you straight. :smile:

Yeah, I'm really going. 9 days of work and play. Maybe one or two nights of play. You're right about the restaurants. I'm a total foodie as admirer5577 will readily testify. I really doubt I'll have time for a 3 hour fine dining experience though...and even more disappointingly, I doubt I'll have time for the 6 hour (RT time to London). May the World Heel Meet 2009 solve all that.

• 2 weeks later...

It's weird how I feel somewhat neglectful of my thread here. Life at Paris Fashion Week has been good. I did dinner in 4" Nine West pumps, met Angela Lindvall (Victoria's Secret Super Model), partied with Milla Jovovich, talked with Gareth Pugh (for about 15 minutes) and have had a real good time here. Just like in New York, I have seen a man wearing high heels every day so far...usually YSL's. Not a single person ever really reacts with a complete drop dead look of disgust, if anything I think most are just curious and questioning themselves. Anyhow, gotta run...

Sounds like a real bash, kh....be careful not to let your days and nights get mixed up. (Like the picture, by the way. The look on your face: "The Fox in the Cat-bird seat"? :smile: ) Have fun and we're looking forward to a full report once you get home.

Life at Paris Fashion Week has been good. I did dinner in 4" Nine West pumps, met Angela Lindvall (Victoria's Secret Super Model), partied with Milla Jovovich, talked with Gareth Pugh (for about 15 minutes) and have had a real good time here.

No way? We're gonna hear from you some day through some other channels. Good luck, man!

What's all the fuss about?

Let's see, I finally have some time to post two shots of heels that I got during fashion week....strictly for their heels.

Here is one, where I was getting a bit creative with the indoor lighting.

And another. I think she had been drinking away her borefriend woes that night...

Thanks for the compliments on the photography guys! I use a Canon EOS 40D and a 580 EXII speedlight. In those shots, I bounced the light off mirrors, which were placed in nearby walls.

Here are some shots taken by Heel-D at the closing party to London Fashion Week.

In this shot, the girl and I took off our pumps and did Vodka shots from each other's shoes.

In this shot, she got playful with my pump.

There are more where these came from, but just way too R-rated to put here on the forum.

Wow! That is amazing. What can I say, women LOVE a guy in heels. You just have way too much fun for being only one person. The Canon 40D is the camera that I would love to have. But unless I slow down my spending on shoes, there will not be a new camera for me...

Style is built from the ground up!

Vodka shots in each others shoes????

It's a good thing that liquor kills germs! (smile)

Yeah, good thing they took their feet out of them, first! ROFLMAO :winkiss: