hiddenheels

Unhiding my heels

It is great when we actually finally do the thing we've been wanting to do!  With my physical issues, I cannot walk too long in heels anymore, but I still enjoy the occasional outing.  WIth the heat of summer here, things will be limited for a while as long jeans and 90+ temps don't really go together so well...lol

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 3:34 AM, hiddenheels said:

Somewhat in a similar position, but I try to go far enough from home that my immediate neighbourhood will not find out. There's a danger that others who know me will see me, but at those times I take that risk. Otherwise I will be stuck at home only, which is no fun. Starting to focus more on potential trips, and trying to plan ahead... 

OUTING: Had a chance to try my new 5" ankle-boot (no platform) outside, along with another 5" ankle-boot (with 1" platform). It was in a suburban neighbourhood, and it was dark already.

My no-platform-boots, although they're size US9, I have no idea what kind of messed up sizing system they used, as US9 would be way too small and unworkable for me, but these shoes are a perfect fit with socks, and I mean 100% perfect, so comfortable. I don't think I've ever gone out in a 5" boot before, but I simply had to try these out. As usual, it was with long jeans covering most of the heels. Getting out of the car is getting less of an issue, and I am starting to not worry about that at all. Although I've worn heels this tall inside, outside turned out to be a challenge. Took me about 10 minutes to get used to it, and figure out how to handle the slopes on a sidewalk, and the ups and downs of driveway entrances. I didn't trip, ankles didn't go out, so am quite proud of myself. Walked around for ~30 minutes, and it was an amazing 30 minutes. Had some people walk by, but didn't care. Did get a small group of teenager guys walk my way for which I stopped and messed around with my phone until they passed. I didn't trust that situation. After 30 minutes of walking about, my feet didn't ache, my toes weren't crushed, I love these. Although the heels are higher than my usual, I'm surprised how well I did.

Before calling it quits, I had to try the other boots, so changed into them, and took a quick stroll. I don't know why, possibly because after 30 minutes with a 5" lift, wearing something with a 4" lift was child's play. I felt like I was wearing my sneakers, so comfortable, so easy to walk in. 

Overall, I had no issues, both new boots did great, and I'm super-happy. Before heading home I considered stopping by a grocery store or something just for the thrill of it, but decided to head home and not freak out my wife (that I went into a store in heels - maybe next time). 

Well done on the outing!

Size 9, you say? Maybe its UK size 9?

Thank you very much for the encouragement! I will keep posting, and will try to keep pushing myself. 

Had a chance to go out to a coffee shop while I was doing some work. Picked one a bit far from my neighbourhood, donned my jeans and favourite boots and went. For whatever reason when I got there I just sat in the car and didn't feel at all comfortable going in. After a while of killing time, I decided to go elsewhere, so went to another coffee shop closer to home. There, I went in, bought some drinks and food, and went outside to sit at a table and work. The jeans were very long, the heels were probably barely noticeable. Spent about an hour at the table working, after which I had to go, change back into boring cloths and continue with my day.

Somewhat disappointed I didn't get to spend more time, and that I chickened out at the first stop, but am happy I enjoyed myself at the second stop. Ah, the ups and downs... :(

• Like 1