Did Anybody Get Any New Shoes For Christmas?

mlroseplant

I did, and I was absolutely shocked! I realize that maybe this should go under the "new shoes" thread, but there is a bit more of a story here than simply obtaining new shoes.

I own a pair of Nine West Plantera in black, which are my highest (but not steepest) heels. They have been discussed elsewhere on this forum. A couple of weeks ago, I received an email from Amazon featuring these shoes. This model is no longer made, and there are only a few pairs left in a few sizes, at a substantial discount. So, of course I looked, being me. They had my size in a light brown/dark tan color. People had been bugging me about what to buy me for Christmas. All I had on my wish list at that point was some hand tools, so I decided what the heck? I'll go out on a limb and put the shoes on my wish list.

Imagine my surprise when they wound up under the tree. My sister bought them for me. She said, "Well, I figured no one else would buy them, so I did." My sister is a bit of a granola type, but does always wear heels in dressier situations, sometimes quite vertiginous. I got them a half size bigger than normal, 9 1/2 instead of 9, and this turned out to be a wise decision, as I've struggled for about a year to get my other pair to stretch out (they finally have).

There was some discussion about my heel wearing, culminating with my dad saying, "[my name] was such a straight arrow growing up, I think he's always wanted to find a way to make people wonder about him. I think he's finally found that way that is innocent enough." Maybe that is true, but someone who doesn't have the "high heel gene" can't really understand that I just love wearing heels. Thanks to my sister for understanding and accepting.

I have included 3 photos, 2 of the shoes close up, and one incidental photo of me wearing them, watching my son play with one of his new toys.

post-19325-0-76212900-1419566234_thumb.j

post-19325-0-71351300-1419566250_thumb.j

post-19325-0-63663100-1419566282_thumb.j

Hey Miro,

What great gift from your sister, lucky you! They look like very nice shoes too.

I did not get shoes for Christmas, but one of my neices did give me a gift certificate towards some Fluevog shoes.

Bless her heart, she may be understanding me more now.

None the less it was a good Christmas, and for you too Miro!

On September 18th, I was in London on a business trip which I extended for another day to do some shopping. I always look for shoes, so I visited Selfridges, Harrods and Harvey Nichols... I am not sure at which of the three stores I shot the left picture, but I found a really nice pair of A.F. Vandevorst boots that I liked. Unfortunately, they weren't available in my size. The store clerk looked them up in the system, but no store had them available in the size I needed. I searched online, but could only find them up to size 40 - I normally buy 41, so they were a size too small. I stopped my search.

While browsing the December sale items, I found them (after using a promo code) at a whopping 59% off... just ordered them :happy:

afv_zpsc6aaf7d5.jpg
Left: Picture I took with my Iphone (retailing at 740 GBP), right: the ones I bought at 300 Euros. Very cool :-)

The other pair that I ordered (also today) is one that I have desparately tried to find in my size, but had no luck at all.
I saw these first in one of the season's collection shots from Belstaff, and they immediately went on my "must buy" list. I called the only store that Belstaff has in Germany and pre-ordered them in my size - already in July. The store told me they would arrive in late August, then they called and said September, finally they said that they made an error and that this style was not available.
I visited the Belstaff store in London, they didn't know that style. I emailed Belstaff, they wrote back that this style was "an older model that is no longer in the collection"... funny though they feature a picture of an old collection's item in one of their runway pics for the current collection.
I finally found them at Saks.com in size 40, emailed saks.com on the size 41 who replied that they had this size in the offline store in New York, but again, when they checked, it was only size 40.

In the meantime, I bought the shorter ankle-boot version (shown in the post here) made of suede (which IS the current collection), which is also very nice and even runs a bit larger than what I would expect from a size 41. Soooo.... today in an act of despair, I ordered them in a size 40 - a size smaller than I usually wear - with the hope that they will somehow fit me with all tricks that there are to make them slightly bigger (ice bag trick, cobbler, wearing with thick socks, etc). After all, they were on sale in the US, but adding the European customs, they are nearly the same price as they would probably have sold them in the EU anyway. It's just one of those boots that I really, really wanted to have.

halewood9_zps56e12466.jpg
The boots that I tried to find in size 41 and finally ordered in size 40 - I hope that I will be able to stretch them out.

Yesterday, Christmas day, I was so grumpy I went online and bought 4 pairs.

Do tell! Whatcha order?

I got a lush pair of Steve Madden pumps in the sales...

Those are nice. I have a pair of classic pumps in the same color/style without the dorsay cut in them.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Do tell! Whatcha order?

I extended my Casadei blade collection. They have a few on sale there just now.

And who got you all grumpy - - - Someone wasn't reading the Christmas list correctly???

Not exactly no, I was grumpy because I was supposed to be Snorkelling in the red sea and not ending my relationship and spending Christmas at home alone not having had time to plan anything else.

Not exactly no, I was grumpy because I was supposed to be Snorkelling in the red sea and not ending my relationship and spending Christmas at home alone not having had time to plan anything else.

Sorry to hear that your plans went to hell. Never fun when it happens.

So will we see what you purchased for yourself?

Miss Amanda I'm also very sorry to hear that your Christmas didn't go at all well. I hate being on my own & had a similar experience in 2003 - never pleasant but hopefully things will greatly improve for you in 2015.

I'm sure everyone on this site will wish you well for 2015.

Please let us know when the Blades arrive.

I got a lush pair of Steve Madden pumps in the sales...

Is it my imagination - but is this style making a "BIG" statement for next year?  They used to be a common style and have noticed that even payless has a couple of that style currently available piquing my interest.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Eh.. The other half's loss. If ya want, you can come to the States for New Years and see a Live Band play. ;) I hear they are ' ok ' and have a ' weirdness ' about them.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

You and me both except the snorkelling bit.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Does buying presents for yourself count.

I got these and here they are first time wearing to work. I also got a pair of Sam Edelman boots yesterday and I am going back to dillards today because they are 40% off and my shoe lady is there today.

I bought the Sam Edelman at Marshalls for $60. When I was checking out the lady asked if they were a gift. (Her curious way of finding out why a man was buying woman's shoes). I said they were for me.

I was at dillards the other day and asked for a pair of boots in size 9. When she brought me the boots she said good luck finding a place to try them on. The store was jamb packed with people.i just bought them and took them home.

I was in Marshalls trying on boots and several woman walked past. I don't think they really noticed.

post-2198-0-88191500-1420032607_thumb.jp

They are called juicy couture and they came from kohls. I have them on again today.

I am a very consistent size 9 but I got the 8.5. So far so good, but I like a snug fit.

Sometimes if shoes are lose they are harder to walk in.

I put rubber heels on and these are as quiet as tennis shoes. For those that don't want to draw attention to their feet with the click of woman's shoes.

I am considering a backup pair since they are only $50. But I just bought 3 other pair. About $250!!!