Same People Posting.

Curt

w6ish, Yes, the topics/discussions can get boring or conservative just like any conversation on any given day. When I look at my heels though I don't see conservative at all..in fact I have the same white platform sandals (8" heel) that you have on in avatar so your're NOT the only wild thing here.

freestyle75, Nice numbers and methodology but my work with crunching numbers, I am an amateur meteorologist and storm spotter, tells me that numbers can be stacked and restacked to do whatever you want them to do unless you set rigid standards which there are none in this particular situation. While I agree the numbers of repeat forum posters is quite small copared to the total number of members the same thing could be said of many organizations. Take the total numbers of members and then sort out who actually contributes to the newletter or volunteers and that number is always a fraction of the total. As far as the 11,300 total, I can that many men wanting to wear heels publicly in a city of about 700,000 people. I have interviewed many retail managers in stores such as Nordstrom, Bakers, Steve Madden, DSW, and Payless and (I focused on the sale of size US11 heels) these retail people told me they figured 15-20% of this size was being sold to men which would suggest a figure much much higher than 11,300. Now while they may be seliing the shoes those heels may well not be "clicking the pavement" as the buyers may simply not have the right state of mind to do it. I myself, in a previous post, advanced the idea that probably no more than 5% of men buying heels for their own use would ever actually wear them in public. Try this for example. Go to sheikhshoes.com and click their size chart which clearly shows a male to female conversion section. This is a California-based shoe chain with actual stores in many states now that is catering to men as well. Companies like that apparently are aware that men are coming out of the shadows. This also suggests the actual number of men using heels is far higher than anyone imagines or has tried to calculate. Food for thought. HappyinHeels

I hear then same thing from the clerks in DSW, Naturalizer, Nine West and Payless stores. There are a lot of men out there buying heels, but not many of us wearing them in public as you and I and many others on this site do regularly.

Also I have spoken to a hosiery rep for a major manufacturer of hosiery, that has told me they confident in their sales numbers, that MEN are buying 15-20% of the the hosiery sold out there. Now whether they are buying them for themselves or a female partner, that remains to be seen.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always tried on heels in the store. No weird looks or anything. So a few guys must have tried on heels before. The only problem I had was in sirens. She almost passed out when I asked to try on wedge boots! That was a few years ago, before I looked like a girl. Have to give the manly guys a ton of credit trying on pumps. Must be a hard thing to do. I can get away with it a little easier, but the would is still a harsh place when dealing with minorities. All you have to do is find the heels you like and strut in them. No rocket science. Ashley.

I read the posts regularly, and occasionally, when I believe I have anything relevant to add, I make a post.

My 'outings' are nothing special and neither are my acquisitions. In addition, others can word things much

better.

I feel the same as heel wearing has become ' just another day ' to me at this point.

Like Benno, I feel at times very irritated by certain discussions, and how they are dominated in a way that

I consider often rather rude. These posters may not be aware of that they are doing this, but it scares some

people away. And it keeps others from joining the discussion, even though they may have a lot of good

things to say.

I learned a long time ago that I dont know everything. Im nothing special. Im just an average guy with an aversion for doing my own thing.

I often see a subject I have an interest in but do not enter the discussion as its ' not for me '. There are some things I might agree or disagree with others on but I have no problems letting others do their own thing and staying out of it for the benefit of all.

On many sites, I have seen threads/discussions and started to read. After a few of the messages I realized ' not my thing ' or ' Ill leave this one alone '. Theres nothing wrong with doing such.

I think the problem your running into is what Benno stated. I like Benno but..

"I left this place alone because I got bored of the same old questions. Maybe I'm being selfish, but it's just not my problem if people can't pluck up the courage to wear some shoes!

OH... and one of the major reasons was all the political mud fights... This place seems to be inhabited by quite a few gun loving right wingers with a shoe fetish... Not my scene!"

Hes quite correct in his first part. There are many times I see people posting saying ' how do I tell my wife.. how do I tell my folks? would it be ok if.. ' and I say to myself exactly what Benno was expressing. People need to just put on their shoes and go out in them! How do you tell your wife? Usually with your voice and words!

Benno is right on the mark in saying its about Courage. All you have to do is take a step forward. Most of us on this site are 21+ years old. We have put that many years into life going to schools, working jobs, meeting other people.. on those days we all probably had something on our feet.. whats the big deal?

In the same breathe of air though, Benno and others have expressed a desire of angst against political mud slinging and in doing such, slung the mud.

*I* would be one whom hopes people own guns, lots of them! Great big ones!

I would also be one whom wishes people marry the one they love regardless of gender. I would be the one whom wants liberty to wear the shoes I want, drive gas guzzeling cars, play whatever music I desire, smoke what I want as its my body, Gamble when I want to as its my money.. I would be the one whom wished others would express the same desires of liberty towards others. :D

We arent forced to participate on any message forums. Nobody is going to talk nice to us all the time. We all disagree on certain things. Such doesnt mean we need to ' go away ' though.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

NOBODY can go away until I prove my legs are sexier then everyone elses! ;)

You've already lost dude.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Glad you're motivated again, Canadianbeaver17. I hope others are, too. The more people post, the more interesting the forum is, because not every post is a cookie-cutter replica of previous ones. I learn something from most of them, and I like to share with others what I've learned and experienced from my outings. Steve

Glad you're motivated again, Canadianbeaver17. I hope others are, too. The more people post, the more interesting the forum is, because not every post is a cookie-cutter replica of previous ones. I learn something from most of them, and I like to share with others what I've learned and experienced from my outings.

Steve Mike

Mike

Hi Everyone, Over the years, I have posted a few times here but for the very large part just lurk. Mostly because I do not get to go in heels much anymore. I have two kids and while my wife is totally fine with me in heels she and I both don't want our kids to have to bear any brunt of their schoolmates because of it. So mostly I get to run around in heels when I travel for work. However, recently, I have had to move with my work away from my hometown and so now commute home on weekends. I have two pairs of boots with me in my rented room and here's the fun part. Last weekend, when I wrapped up on Thursday night, my wife asked me to come home then instead of waiting until Friday morning. So I said yeah, sure and put on this one pair I have, Tommy Hilfigers, black, with about a 4.5 inch heel and maybe a .5 inch platform, side zip. I have three housemates who don't yet know and can't yet gauge how they'd handle it. Anyway, I packed some clothes for the weekend and bagged up my laundry and headed for home. It's about a four hour drive from here, and there are a couple of places I'll stop along the way, for coffee, donut, soda, gas, etc. So I stopped at this Sheetz where I get off the major highway and onto two lane for the rest of the way home. It's pretty backward except that it's at the convergence of two interstates. So all the businesses that cater to travelers have sprung up to support all that traffic. Anyway, I walk (no, I *strut*) into this store and my heels click on the tile floor. The looks on everyone's faces were priceless... People sort of followed me around to watch the guy in high heels but tried to be discreet. There was a lady standing between me and the coffee urn I wanted so I had to say a cheery "Hi! Will you excuse me, please?" I think she put herself there on purpose... It was a lot of fun, and now I cannot wait until this weekend because if my plain black Tommys turned heads my bone Report Signature Howell boots, with 5+ inch heel and 3/4" platform could cause a riot. Which brings me to the other point of my post. I really love these boots, but have never been able to wear them because I guess they run a little small. 11 in ladies/9.5 in mens is the largest Report made, but depending on the shoe I take as large as a 12W/10M. So, reading some previous posts about stretching I bought a bottle of 90% isopropyl alcohol last night and thoroughly drenched my boots, put them on and left them on for hours. I even slept in them. Well, now they appear to have water marks on them. They're prominent, too. Are they permanent? Or is it possible that after 24 hours not all of the alcohol has evaporated? Comments, advice, suggestions are all welcome. The upside of this is that they now are just a little less uncomfortable. Lastly, is it possible to go right to a 5 inch heel? I wear all of my boots and shoes only sporadically, but when I have these opportunities I don't want to waste them on lower heels. If it was more commonly accepted, I'd wear nothing but high heels, I like them that much. That's all for now. Thanks! Ray

RayCF, I can't help but wonder if you weren't traveling through Pennsylvania as you mentioned Sheetz which is a popular convenience store/gas station in the eastern part of that state.The two crossing interstates wouldn't be I-81 and the PA Turnpike??? If so know that area VERY well as my parents live there. I read your comments about the isopropyl alcohol and that's not what I would have used. I have first used a shoe stretcher for about 12 hours or say overnight and see how that worked. Another way may have been to soak the area to be stretched with plain water, put the stretcher in the shoe and freeze overnight. If neither of these work then I would return the shoes as neither of these methods will be noticed nor will they alter the shoes to the point of not being ready to be restocked. As to being to wear a 5" heel, of course you can. YOU control what you wear and WHERE you wear it. And to "if it was more commonly accepted I'd wear nothing but high heels." I would say this my friend, after all the looks and apparent following around in the Sheetz store nothing bad happened right??? You wore the heels of your choice in a public place and the roof didn't cave in, your vehicle didn't get keyed, you didn't get into any trouble at all and, in fact, rather enjoyed the attention you did get. I'd say you are ready for the open road and doors are already open for you BECAUSE YOU OPENED THEM. You did all this without sharing your experiences with us although you may have been encouraged by what you saw here which is a very good thing indeed. I'd encourage you to wear what you want and create your own style and make the world continue to accept you on your terms. I hope to see more of your stories in the future. Take care. HappyinHeels

Raycf, I'm glad you posted your heeling event. The more you wear heels in public, the confidence builds and you will enjoy your heeling more and more. Take it from one that's been public heeling for many years now. I love to wear heels out and about and I wear them openly for all to see! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Perfect timing...

..... political mud fights... This place seems to be inhabited by quite a few gun loving right wingers with a shoe fetish... Not my scene!

Over and out...

Ben

And here I thought that I was the only "gun tote'n shoe fetishist" 'round here.......Guess I missed the others. My (big) guns, like my (big) high heeled shoes, have never hurt anyone. But get in my way......and it will be different story, don't let the white beard fool yeah.

Now that I've retired, I've got all the time in the world for the guns and heels, not usually at the same time though.

Sparky

Yes, trying to get some life here. I too have to use my phone. Nothing worse than typing 100+ words and hitting that Stupid "back" button below the "m" and losing it all. Also, another reason I leave Typing errrors and spelling errors. Yea, te topics on shoes can be limited, besides, if I can get others out there, I Won't be alone

Well recently I am a more sporadic patron here, as time goes on I have found less time and fewer places where I can get regular internet connections. My work has played a large role in that but as well it get hard to tell same things over and over when you come here less often too. But as mentioned and I know that without participation the motivation get less. It is all about saying and getting involved which really gets one inspireded to go heeling and talk about it as this place did for me a few years ago. Not that I have stopped heeling, I do more than ever but chatting about it can only help others get here too. So hopefully I can supply more postings and replies cause it does inspire. :nervous: Mtnsofheels

Well recently I am a more sporadic patron here, as time goes on I have found less time and fewer places where I can get regular internet connections. My work has played a large role in that but as well it get hard to tell same things over and over when you come here less often too.

But as mentioned and I know that without participation the motivation get less. It is all about saying and getting involved which really gets one inspireded to go heeling and talk about it as this place did for me a few years ago. Not that I have stopped heeling, I do more than ever but chatting about it can only help others get here too. So hopefully I can supply more postings and replies cause it does inspire. :nervous:

Mtnsofheels

I notice that you have been posting more lately and that's a good thing. Thanks for keeping up the interest and for taking the time to inspire others.

Steve

Steve, Yes and it is a good thing, just been home now for week so it will give me time to chiilax and catch up on some HH Place reading. Interest will never pass I just get times of no connection. Hope to post some pictures of new shoes and boots, speaking pictures that I am quite behind in getting some from new shoes and boots. Hopefully next week. Mtns

Have you guys noticed that the same 30 or 35 people are posting, maybe less. What happened to all the other people. Its the same thing in the girls forums. I read them but I can't post there.

Ashley.

Since you have posted this in the "for the guys' section of the site you have already automatically reduced the number of replies by excluding the female members (most of whom will not read or post threads in here).

I would estimate that 80% of the threads posted on this site are posted in the "for the guys" section and mostly for no real guy specific reason, ie, this post.

You see the fact that guys are not allowed to post in the girls section (for good reason) makes it seem unfair for us to be posting here.

For example, I don't tend to post here in your section very often at all for that very reason.

Perhaps that's part of the "problem" you seek to address?

Or perhpas it has more to do with some peoples threads being so prolific and boring?

A x

Very good point Amanda. Please guys if starting a new topic, if it's something that all can comment to, place it in the for everybody forum.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have been guilty of posting stuff in the guy's section that more properly belongs in the everyone section. I will try to be better at that in the future. Thanks for the reminder Shafted, and thanks for your comment Amanda. I've certainly not intended to be exclusive, but I can see that by posting in the guys section, it could be taken that way. Steve

w6ish, When I look at my heels though I don't see conservative at all..in fact I have the same white platform sandals (8" heel) that you have on in avatar so your're NOT the only wild thing here.

But do you wear them in public?

Have you guys noticed that the same 30 or 35 people are posting, maybe less. What happened to all the other people.

Typical message forum dynamics. There's always a small core group and a larger fringe contingent, and many times more folks who rarely if ever show at all.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.