Ordinary Guys With Ugly Shoes

Curt

Why is it that women wear beautiful shoes and guys dress like they are homeless? My dad dresses like a bum most of the time. Skateboarding shoes, jeans 5 sizes too big, and plaid stirts that farmers would wear. He dresses my brother like that too. My brother is blind, and people have to pick up clothes for him. I asked if I could pick up a few things for him my mom said: don't take it the wrong way, but I don't want him dressed like a girl! I didn't care. I don't need approval for the way I dress. Sure, I dress like a supermodel with an ego sky high, but that's just me. Guys don't have to wear 4" heels all the time, just look presentable! Am I riight?

because people are dumb in this world. and have to copy every person around them. I feel angry at almost everyone around me. and feel enforced and trapped in things I don't want to wear. the other problem is that the gender thing is one sided. a female can wear what she wants without a word said.but a male wears heels or paints their face white. its not right or you are an out cast. what rolls my eyes is that women say they like men who are themselves. and then twist there words, fake thats what people are.

What it comes down to is guys want to dress cool like us, but are too ashamed to do it. Women don't like it because they feel were taking their style. Bull, because most of the styles are ours to begin with. What about girls wearing boyfriend jeans? God forbid we bring out girlfriend jeans and start wearing them. I would be the first to market and wear them. If fashion won't change with the times, we have to do it ourselves. We should all get together and bring out a line of clothes that actully looks half decent, or otherwords, hookerish!

It is the same the world over. My wife is from Vietnam, and I have spent a lot of time there. The Vietnamese girls look fabulous (and most of the city girls wear heels every day), and the boys look like crap. It's exactly the same as all the prom/homecoming pictures I see from my relatives here in the USA. The girls look great, and the boys look like crap. Well, I shouldn't speak too loudly. Until I started wearing heels, I looked like crap most of the time also. But how can you wear heels with pride and look like crap? I think it's the one reason my wife accepts my heel wearing. She likes me to be "overdressed," and I refuse to wear heels with dirty jeans and an ill-fitting t-shirt.

As a heel-wearer I wonder if I simply don't bother making much of an effort with menswear, simply because wearing my heels switches on my caring about my appearance in general. Sometimes it does seem like there's a stigma amongst guys caring about their appearance at all, even if they're wearing what's conventionally menswear. The whole skinny-jeans phenomenon sums it up: the ones from the womens department actually fit properly, the ones from the mens department are unbelievably ill-fitting: I know where I prefer to buy my jeans from and that's my choice.

What it comes down to is guys want to dress cool like us, but are too ashamed to do it. Women don't like it because they feel were taking their style. Bull, because most of the styles are ours to begin with.

I disagree. I think most guys have absolutely no desire to dress "cool like us" (though I agree that the minority who do are often ashamed to). I also think it's very presumptuous to think that women would feel in the slightest bit threatened by men wearing their styles: maybe insecure women would but they'd most likely feel threatened by stylish women too. Personally I'm just trying to find "my" style, not "ours" or "theirs".

If you like it, wear it.

When it comes to style, each of us has our own. We may adapt from others or create similar stuff from our perceptions, but we decide our personal style. Obviously, no one else can truly jump into our minds and know everything about our data processing. We are individuals. What I like, you may abhor or maybe you like it also, but for different reasons or from other prespectives. Some people don't want to be concerned with the same things others find some degree of importance. It is human nature. Just like all women want to wear high heels is a false statement, the same could be applied to men with an equal understanding. I prefer the spike and stiletto for their styling and beauty. This doesn't mean that I want all spikes and stilettos for some look really ugly, misshapened, and/or misconstructed in my opinion. Each of us has a life and no one else will receive more joy at our accomplishments or sorrow for our give-ups and fence sittings.

Sooo, some of you may find this post (on a starcraft forum, if you know what that is you'll know why its from korea) interesting.

http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=321767

Needless to say, be happy for the variety of dress you have here. Even as a bog standard guy.

I hope nobody minds my insight on this.

I was in South Korea in 1987. The place was morbid to say the least. During WW2, Japans forces absolutely raped Korea of all of its resources. One of the biggest crimes one could commit was to hurt/injure/destroy a tree as there werent that many around ( Lumber was a highly desired resource for Japans aircrafts ).

The people were great though. I did love something called Soju. You could sit and drink it all day long and never get drunk till you stood up.. and fell over. Your mind was fine but your body just wouldnt do what you wanted it to do! :)

They had Nike Sneakers ( popular at the time ) on carts and you could buy those 100$ pair of ' Air Jordans ' for 5$ right outside where they were made! I made a small fortune till I was caught using MPS to send all this stuff home.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I think many guys get out of bed in the morning and just want to get dressed as soon as possible without caring exactly what they are wearing provided it does not draw attention and the shoes are comfortable. This amounts to: some underwear, a t-shirt, yesterdays jeans (they were still next to the bed) and yesterdays sneakers. On Sunday they may switch to the Sunday sneakers and a clean pair of jeans. Maybe it is part of the genes to be ready as quickly as possible for an emergency. Modern city life is a bit different, but genetic adaptation is a bit slow. If you would draw less attention with heels than without, they would probably all be wearing heels. Big advantage: putting on a pair of pumps can be done really fast. Happy New Year to all. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

because people are dumb in this world. and have to copy every person around them. I feel angry at almost everyone around me. and feel enforced and trapped in things I don't want to wear. the other problem is that the gender thing is one sided. a female can wear what she wants without a word said.but a male wears heels or paints their face white. its not right or you are an out cast. what rolls my eyes is that women say they like men who are themselves. and then twist there words, fake thats what people are.

Not entirely true Guys and girls judge girls who take a short haircut and a guys dress code and people call them dykes. The only difference is most of this judgement is done behind the persons back rather than confronting them and such like most people would with guys wearing girly things.

Most guys I know dress utilitarian. Same outfit works all day from the garage too dinner at Pizza Hut.

That is so me, why have to constantly change when you can wear one outfit that works for all day? its less time consuming and more functional. Good thing for procrastinators such as myself.

You obviously haven't seen the women in Reading town centre have you? They seem to have taken their dress sense from your dad!

OUCH! Talk about a punt to the.. Damn!

Most guys I know dress utilitarian. Same outfit works all day from the garage too dinner at Pizza Hut.

Yeppers! Average day has me in cargo pants/sweats around the house. Leaving the domaine outside of parts stores or for supply runs.. Thats another story.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Just recently at my day job, someone came in to the office trying to sell something. He was wearing an immaculate, wrinkle free shirt, and matching perfect pants. He lost all respectability with me when I saw his shoes. His bare feet were jammed into a pair of extremely dirty, mis-shaped with mashed down backs, New Balance sneakers. He didn't make a sale with me.

Not me! I don't own any cargo pants or sweat pants. But I have a few pairs of yoga pants.

I own several pairs of yoga pants and wear them to my night job. I teach yoga :spin2:

Onyourtoes, did you happen to mention to the salesman that he probably would make more sales if he wore decent shoes and socks?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The only thing I can agree with here (and not get in a bit of...erm, nevermind :) ... As I think about it, Homecoming/Prom had ALL guys looking the same! Except with some different-colored vest and whatnot. That's why I hope the next girl that asks me to a Dance, they better welcome my heels with open arms ;) I wonder though where all of this is happening, though. All of the places I've been to so far - Baltimore MD, Chicago IL, Cleveland OH - I have seen tons of people dressed every which way there is to dress except, of course, a guy in heels, haha. BUT...the majority of guys in said areas was dressed rather...'boringly'.

Formally "HHDude"

never actively noticed this, but agreed with the OP. when walking around a shopping center, i noticed the below. figures are not exact and could be dependent on the shopping center/demographics. :) woman dressed well, guy dressed well - 5% woman dressed well, guy dressed in street clothes - 60% woman dressed in street clothes, guy dressed in street clothes - 30% woman dressed in street clothes, guy dressed well -- 5% i rarely ever see a guy dressed well and a woman that dressed badly. perhaps women inherently make more effort.