High Heels In The Mall - Level Surface.

Curt

Do you find that wearing hh in the mall is easier than on slopey sidewalks and cobblestone streets. I like the malls for the busyness. I just go with the flow. The other day, I walked on the subway platform with pumps on. It sounded like a herd of cattle running! Any of you guys worried about the loud stilleto click? I have mixed feelings with it. Is probable isn't suitable everywhere. Please add your input.

Well, this is just me, but when it comes to heels, the louder, the better! However, you should concern yourself more with the texture of floors in malls which can often be ice skating rink slick from waxing. A wrong step and WHOOPS! You can be flat on your back before you know what happened. Thankfully, that's never happened to me, but that is a possibility while sidewalks and pavement are often safer. FYI.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Do you find that wearing hh in the mall is easier than on slopey sidewalks and cobblestone streets. I like the malls for the busyness. I just go with the flow.

On any slick floor like a mall or supermarket, footing can be treacherous. Go with an easy pace, and pay attention to your footing. It is very easy to have a high stiletto kick out from under you. For walking on those surfaces in stilettos, make sure you have good heel tips on the shoes/boots. If tip wears down so the metal spike is exposed, it can be a disaster on a slick floor (even though it makes a nice clicking sound).

As for a sloped sidewalk, for me when wearing 5” heels, most of the problem is that a downward slope pushes my ankle past its comfort angle. An upward slope isn’t as much of an issue but it does change the angles, which requires some adjustment which stresses different muscles.

Large cobblestones are to be avoided… period.

The sidewalks around the Mall in Washington DC are surfaced with a small 1.5” round stone and I find this very uncomfortable to walk on when wearing single sole heels, mostly because the small stones puts too much pressure on the ball of my foot. This is the only case where I see a positive value in platforms.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

There was a very long and tedious thread about the clink or clank that women's shoes make. Rather than repeat it here, please research it. Some people like it and others don't. I am on an iPad now so it is not very convenient for me to find the thread, but search on "clank" and you will find it. Good luck. Steve

One of the malls near me has completely carpeted the center mall. Might be because of all the snow and wet issues with smooth floors. Never really gave it a thought. Another mall I have worn heels through has super slick floors with ramp inclines which can get a bit tricky if your not careful. Strip malls with concrete are pretty easy to deal with as long as you watch for surface changes such as brick.

If you walk like you do when you wear men's shoes then you could have a problem with slippage. However, walk in heels "properly" you will not have so many problems.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

If you walk like you do when you wear men's shoes then you could have a problem with slippage. However, walk in heels "properly" you will not have so many problems.

I remember the first time I walked in some boots with some crazy slippery plastic heel tips. Damn near spilled 2 coffees in a skyway. The cleaners had waxed the floor quite well. My lesson learned: don't overstep your strides too far, its a marathon not a sprint.

Hi All, Malls with marbled floors or very hard tiles that are polished like glass can be slippy in high heels, much harder towalk on than footpaths with rough grippier surfaces. Flat surfaces are much easier. Like other have said - the sound my heels make is very important part of wearing heels for me... hearing is once of our senses so its part of it. I prefer my heels to announce that I'm here... I find flat department store floors and malls equally hard in lowof high heels. If you walk properly in heels then you shouldn't really have any issues. I have found that I have more near accidents (heel skids) in kitten heels than in my highest heels on such slippy surfaces. All my high heels get checked and re-healed when they are half worn, and they are all metalled heel tips for durability and grip...and for the higher pitched click you get from metal small heels. My heels are mostly 4mm diameter (fine stiletto) so they are quite quiet compared to other larger sized heel tips. Cheers Heel-Lover

I also like the sound I was at the dmv getting my car tags with a pair of 3" steletos with boot cut jeans. there was a 30 something gal and she gave me a look it was great. I cant tell how many times that I hear the sound that I look. I am 58 and I dont care some day I will be ground temp and I can say that i lived my life.

I wear heels at the mall quite frequently. You just have to be careful, but then again, you have to be careful wherever you go wearing heels. Practice makes perfect!!! Have fun.... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"